Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

do you get sag if you don't say more than 5 words in a movie but you're in the movie a lot

http://www.sagaftra.org/content/steps-join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I really enjoyed today's episode. Paul Brittain pretty much carried the whole thing by himself and it was a ridiculous premise, and a lot of the jokes seemed really obvious (Mike Explosione Sr. selling basically zero trampolines and being open 24/7, while his brother was successful) but it was still hilarious.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The ad read where Scott almost cuts into a very funny anti immigration riff was good.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I dont like scotts commerical reads. Its basically just high pitched yelling and if he has a low talking guest and my volume is up the transition to scotts commercial yelling isnt pleasant

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I like his commercial reads because it's really easy to tell when it's an ad vs the show proper when using the skip forward button.

Though it's kind of crazy to me that the commercial breaks can be up to 4 minutes now.

Really like how PFT does the Spontaneanation ads - making them into bits so I actually listen to them. Pardo does a bit of that, but PFT's are way more engaging.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't skip a single CBB ad when he had Hayes and Sean sitting in. They need to be a permanent addition to the sponsorship spots.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

its still stunning how poorly done the ones on how did this get made are

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

paul scheer is bad at everything

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I kind of assume they are all recorded over the phone moments before the show goes online when someone at earwolf realises he hasn't added them in yet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hayes and Sean are the kings of podcast advertising, I listen to like 15 podcasts and it's the only one where I don't skip the ads (Though you can't avoid the NNF ones sometimes because they'll end up talking about Threes for 15 minutes)

I've never bought anything advertised on a podcast but I remember seeing some statistic on the midroll site that said like 60% of their listeners have bought something through their ads which kinda blew my mind

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Hayes and Sean are the kings of podcast advertising, I listen to like 15 podcasts and it's the only one where I don't skip the ads (Though you can't avoid the NNF ones sometimes because they'll end up talking about Threes for 15 minutes)

I've never bought anything advertised on a podcast but I remember seeing some statistic on the midroll site that said like 60% of their listeners have bought something through their ads which kinda blew my mind

People wanted Free* postage meters.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
That couldn't possibly be true.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if that counts things like podcast live shows and t-shirts for the shows you're listening to - not that those are wrong to count, but a different beast than Sheri's Berries.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I bought a month of lootcrate from Sean and Hayes specifically to help out their stat numbers and also because jocks are pumping our gas now. Kinda wish it was a Sergeant Seans Crate though, bummer :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I mocked Sherri's Berries a few years ago in this thread, but people seemed to say good things so I ended up ordering some as a birthday present and I used the CBB code.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Harry's razors are actually a really good deal, I love mine.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I personally only buy my pants from B
O
NO
BOS
DOT COOOOOMMMMMMMM

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

jyrka posted:

That couldn't possibly be true.

You'd be surprised how many people use their free scale to mail items (cook food/sell drugs).

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

LOl i got Naturebox, birchbox and Harry's. I feel demographic-ed. I wanna be stereotyped, I wanna be classified.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I got a 3 month NatureBox as a present for someone. Then the site autorenewed my subscription without notification, then they wouldn't let me modify my subscription or cancel online.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I bought threes and guess what I like it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

You'd be surprised how many people use their free scale to mail items (cook food/sell drugs).

And cancel because it's $28 and comes with a three month subscription!

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It's not the ad reads that kill me for HDTGM, it's how they get shoved in the middle of conversations like a truck crashing into a brick wall.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Mary Hollande is really funny, and was really funny on this week's HHB.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

UP AND ADAM posted:

Mary Hollande is really funny, and was really funny on this week's HHB.

this is not the official abbr. of hollywood handbook

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

LOl i got Naturebox, birchbox and Harry's. I feel demographic-ed. I wanna be stereotyped, I wanna be classified.

Wrong Aukerman.

The Harry's razors are good. Never got anything else from a podcast ad, though.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Harry's sounds like a good deal to me because I'm tired of getting tased, voiding my bowels, and being made fun of on the local news when I want to buy razors.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They can't be worse than the EXXXTREME EIGHT BLADES variety of crap you buy in the stores.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

A Big... Dog posted:

this is not the official abbr. of hollywood handbook

Hollywood Hand Book is what I call my scrapbook of close-ups of actor's hands.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

They can't be worse than the EXXXTREME EIGHT BLADES variety of crap you buy in the stores.

Cheap blades only suck if you don't clean and dry them properly, otherwise you can use a standard disposable Bic forever and it'll stay sharp.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I once did the audible books thing for when I just don't feel like reeeeeaaaading. anyway it seemed like a bum deal so i cancelled it.
As for razors I use a double edge safety razor, as recommended by the shaving crazies of watch and weight.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Thaaaaaaaaaank youuuu, squaaaarepace!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The best thing is listening to the adverts for the same product across a bunch of different podcasts and figuring out exactly what the ad copy says. Harry's Razors has a big focus on "having to ask the cashier to open the plastic thing".

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Which as far as I know only happens in really large cities?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

GraPar posted:

The best thing is listening to the adverts for the same product across a bunch of different podcasts and figuring out exactly what the ad copy says. Harry's Razors has a big focus on "having to ask the cashier to open the plastic thing".

You know I heard they liked that razor company in Germany so much that they cut out the middle man and bought them

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
For a while they had a chunk about how women can buy their razors too, they don't mind.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It was really fun for a bit there to hear everyones different take on making WHISPERSYNC sound cool.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GraPar posted:

The best thing is listening to the adverts for the same product across a bunch of different podcasts and figuring out exactly what the ad copy says.
Loot crate: 'try to convincingly pretend this isn't a box of literal garbage'

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Loot Crate is so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PFT had to do a promo for loot crate on his new podcast and it's pretty hilarious because you know he must detest the idea of a box of nerd poo poo more than almost anything (maybe not as much as bob marley legend)