Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Why is the smash bros thread an aspie/furry deposit box? I remember playing good o'l melee for fun with friends.

Is that not a thing anymore?

smash bros is a fun game that is unfortunately a fighting game. people that like fighting games are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why is the smash bros thread an aspie/furry deposit box? I remember playing good o'l melee for fun with friends.

i just woke up from a dream about my acnl save getting deleted by a ghost and me having to travel into another persons acnl town and do quests and then battle the ghost in smash bros to get it back and sonic gave a speech a about friendship in the end

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I finally started playing through Xenoblade on the Wii because it seemed like the thing to do with everyone doing it on the 3ds. It's just been sitting around in a box for 5 years. I was a little trepidatious about getting into a 100 hour RPG at this point, but that sequel looks too drat good that I couldn't help it.

I'm just now leaving the first Colony, some four hours in. I mostly like the way it plays. Does the writing get any better?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

I'm just now leaving the first Colony, some four hours in. I mostly like the way it plays. Does the writing get any better?

Yes and no.

Yes in that it picks up, things start happening, goals for characters to pursue pop up and foreshadowing occurs.

No in that it never stops being very Japanese, which means being very trope heavy. It's less Japanese than a few other JRPG's I could name, like it's worlds better than anything FFXIII did, but it's still a JRPG.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RZA Encryption posted:

smash bros is a fun game that is unfortunately a fighting game. people that like fighting games are the worst.

Between that and the skullgirl thread I'm starting to get the same picture.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Twelve by Pies posted:

Tropical Freeze really does have an incredible soundtrack. Finally made it to 3-1 today, now I see what all the hype was about. What a great level.

The bosses can gently caress right off though, gently caress you owl guy with three loving stages in your battle and having to start over from the beginning when I die.
Ha yeah we're pretty much at the same point in the game. Based on advice in this thread about the boss fights, I went ahead and bought a heart from Funky for the owl fight. Definitely gonna do that for all bosses now, with no shame.

And geeze, Nintendo could make so much money off of nerds with proper retail soundtrack releases. I know there's a smattering of import stuff but it's a really untapped market.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 14, 2015

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
King K'Rool would be awesome in Smash Bros also I would like to see Simon Belmont or maybe Edgar from Final Fantasy 3/6

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Minidust posted:

Ha yeah we're pretty much at the same point in the game. Based on advice in this thread about the boss fights, I went ahead and bought a heart from Funky for the owl fight. Definitely gonna do that for all bosses now, with no shame.

And geeze, Nintendo could make so much money off of nerds with proper retail soundtrack releases. I know there's a smattering of import stuff but it's a really untapped market.

I understand that they wouldn't do it with physical CDs, but there's no reason to not put the soundtracks up on iTunes and let the money roll in.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

How dare people enjoy their video games differently than me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It makes me seething mad, those people, playing this game...without items

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

King K'Rool would be awesome in Smash Bros also I would like to see Simon Belmont or maybe Edgar from Final Fantasy 3/6

No one is jonesing for Final Fantasy content more than I, but I do not think an FF rep should be from a specific FF game. It should be a character that can represent the whole series, like one of the recurring creatures or job classes. I think the best candidates are Black Mage, and Moogle. Regardless, FF is an iconic long-running franchise that shares a history with Nintendo and would be fitting for SSB, and also so is Castlevania. That's my opinion.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

No one is jonesing for Final Fantasy content more than I, but I do not think an FF rep should be from a specific FF game. It should be a character that can represent the whole series, like one of the recurring creatures or job classes. I think the best candidates are Black Mage, and Moogle. Regardless, FF is an iconic long-running franchise that shares a history with Nintendo and would be fitting for SSB, and also so is Castlevania. That's my opinion.

Gilgamesh or Sora

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

TheKingofSprings posted:

It makes me seething mad, those people, playing this game...without items

It doesn't make me mad it just makes me sad that there are people in the world that hate fun.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fix posted:

I finally started playing through Xenoblade on the Wii because it seemed like the thing to do with everyone doing it on the 3ds. It's just been sitting around in a box for 5 years. I was a little trepidatious about getting into a 100 hour RPG at this point, but that sequel looks too drat good that I couldn't help it.

You get to drop kick Dinosaurs, badass Cyborg Unicorns, Big rear end Tricatopses, and a Rancor ridden by Jawas.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

It doesn't make me mad it just makes me sad that there are people in the world that hate fun.

You've played with the Beetle and Gust Jar right

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Anybody who has fun doing things that I don't think are fun should be loving executed.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
What was the last Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo home console? Crystal Chronicles?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Raserys posted:

What was the last Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo home console? Crystal Chronicles?

Bravely Default

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Between that and the skullgirl thread I'm starting to get the same picture.

The skullgirls thread has like ten regular posters and all they talk about is the new characters and actually playing the game

I'm sorry that people having fun with fighting games offends you

Also the smash thread has been about the character polls for the past two weeks so I don't know what you're reading

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 14, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Raserys posted:

The 3DS has seen some FF activity, like Theatrhythm. If you wanna get specific about console releases, then you have to look back a few years to WiiWare-- but exactly the same thing is true of Mega Man.

Regardless, in both cases (and with Castlevania as well), it's the history on the NES/SNES that's the big draw.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Are we going to learn what tracks are in the 2nd Mario Kart dlc before it comes out?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: Bullshit rumor.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 15, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dunno.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd love if we could somehow go in blind. Just DLC goes live and you just start up the new cups and see where they take you.

e: I mean, I guess I could just avoid spoilers, it comes out in 9 days and no info on most tracks yet, so at worst, like, a week of dodgin MK8 sounds doable.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 14, 2015

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Raserys posted:

6, also known as the only good one.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

People found what seem like references to Baby Park and Neo Bowser City in the game's code. I'm sure we'll get trailers for all the tracks this week and next before it comes out.

god i hope baby park gets in. that would be so good, especially with this game's battle mode

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

6, also known as the only good one.

6 was only released on Nintendo handhelds.

I think you mean 3 :colbert:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Excitebike arena is basically baby park though.

Neo Bowser City could be fantastic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I want a Mario Kart track based on the Bowser carnival from SM3DW.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

raditts posted:

I want a Mario Kart track based on the Bowser carnival from SM3DW.

Oh god yes, especially if they include the music

Baaa ba ba bada BA

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

RZA Encryption posted:

racist

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
The GameCube controller adapters are available in-store at GameStop right now if anyone is looking for one!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SeANMcBAY posted:

People found what seem like references to Baby Park and Neo Bowser City in the game's code. I'm sure we'll get trailers for all the tracks this week and next before it comes out.

I think that was shown to be a fraud.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Minidust posted:

Several of the bosses spawn stuff that Dixie's special attack works on

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I kind of hope they spin off Mario kart into a ssb kart racer with how they're mixing it up a bit with the dlc.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I think that was shown to be a fraud.

Still getting continuous upvotes on Reddit.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Th

Red Robin Hood posted:

The GameCube controller adapters are available in-store at GameStop right now if anyone is looking for one!

e actual adapters or just the preorder?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just got an email for 2015 platinum gifts and it includes:

3DS
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party Island Tour
New Super Mario Bros 2
New Yoshi's Island
Ultimate NES Remix
Crashmo
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive!
Pushmo
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
LOZ Oracle of Ages
LOS Oracle of Seasons
The Mysterious Murasame Castle

WiiU
DKC Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 2
Punch-Out!!
Pushmo World
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Advance Wars
Legend of Zelda
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion
Mario Bros The Lost Levels
Super Mario Kart
Wario Ware Inc Mega Microgames
Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they've been up for a couple weeks now actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

Guy who started that rumor admitted he was lying when people called him out on listing it as NEOBOWSERCITY instead of the actual name of NEOKOOPACITY

• Locked thread