Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

kinmik posted:

I'm looking for a large drinking container, preferably one with a handle, dishwasher safe, and an easily securable cap. I emphasize "large" because my husband goes through insane amounts of water a day. The one he's currently using is about 2 liters, but the opening is tiny and mildew tends to grow inside easily. Please to help?

I've had one of these for 4-5 years now.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/bottles/products/wide-mouth-64oz?variant=860252555

Just around 2 liters, no handle but food-grade stainless steel and they make several different types of caps for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

budgieinspector posted:

I'm also looking for a ballpoint. Capped, rather than retractable. Medium point. Gel preferred.

Every pen I've bought, lately, has had weird little downsides (the cap doesn't fit on the non-pointy end, say, or the ink flow is odd). I've tried Pentels, Pilots, and Uni-Balls, and I'm starting to get irritated about having an opinion on writing instruments.
Muji gel pen? They're pretty cheap and I like them.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

budgieinspector posted:

I'm also looking for a ballpoint. Capped, rather than retractable. Medium point. Gel preferred.

Every pen I've bought, lately, has had weird little downsides (the cap doesn't fit on the non-pointy end, say, or the ink flow is odd). I've tried Pentels, Pilots, and Uni-Balls, and I'm starting to get irritated about having an opinion on writing instruments.

I like Jet Pens; you can filter on capped or not, nib size, etc., and all the pens have writing sample pictures on their pages.

http://www.jetpens.com/Gel-Ink-Pens/ct/239?&f=02e9eb5f14d230a31f4737d59d8d7acd

Warning: Japanese pens are amazing and you may end up buying more than you'd expect.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

JPrime posted:

I've got a house that's about 80% hard surface (laminate/tile) flooring, and 2 cats. Is there any sort of Roomba-like device that can handle the resulting hair puffs?

For the US market there are only 2 makers to bother with Roomba and Neato, everything else is generally too expensive or not as good. The performance is pretty similar between the two. The biggest negatives I can think of for each are:

Neato: Bigger so it can't fit under as many things, noisier, reported battery life issues (as in loss of charge capacity in a few months)
Roomba: Seemingly random pathing logic, it works but some people find this a deal breaker vs the Neato which has a laser to path a back and forth pattern.

I lean towards the Roomba, I like their spinny side brush more.

Things to keep in mind:
-Maintenance - Unless you get a Roomba 870/880 you will have to clean the rollers pretty regularly to deal with hair build up. This applies to Neato and Roomba. 870/880s use this new brushless design that cuts down on tangles and makes cleanup much faster.
-Wet Messes - If your cats ever make a wet mess on the floor, a robot vacuum is going to get gunked up and spread the mess out.
-Regular manual cleaning - You still need to wipe the floors and vacuum with a traditional vacuum. Just not as often, like going from once a week to once a month.

If you are fine with all that:
-Bang for Buck Model - Roomba 650. All the models after this up to the 800 series aren't really any better in terms of performance. Not sure what the best place for a deal is.
-Primo Model - Roomba 880. Has the brushless rollers, which require less maintenance and are easier to clean. But seriously, really expensive. Best bet for a deal is to go the a Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% coupon.

You could also look at the Braava and Scooba since you have a majority hard surface floor, though I don't think they are worth it. The Braava is a robot swiffer and the Scooba is a robot floor scrubber, but it can't do carpets. Also both of them are not set and forget. Where the Roomba has a charging base it will wake up from and return to, Braava and Scooba require setup each time you want to use them.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Etrips posted:

Are there any other requirements? I work 12 hour shifts and I use a 2L Hydroflask which keeps my water very cold throughout my shift and I absolutely love it since I am very picky about the water I drink. The only requirement it doesn't have is a handle. Have to use two hands to drink it which gets me some weird looks sometimes.

DirtyFalcon posted:

I've had one of these for 4-5 years now.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/bottles/products/wide-mouth-64oz?variant=860252555

Just around 2 liters, no handle but food-grade stainless steel and they make several different types of caps for it.
Thanks these look great; I'll run them by him. I've heard good things about the HydroFlask, and I think my sister has one of the Kanteens.

Drogadon posted:

Doesn't have a handle but I use one of these and it's great, really easy to wash because it unscrews at the middle.

http://www.coolgearinc.com/entertaining/large-swing-top-bottle.html
It is a little on the small side, but I laughed at one of the suggested items on the bottom.
http://www.coolgearinc.com/entertaining/large-iced-tea-jug-push-button-spout.html
It's about the perfect size for what he'd need for work. I was just imagining him pouring water straight from the spout to his mouth. He'd do it, too.

Cheers! :D

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Any opinions or recommendations on the range of memory foam mattresses available from Amazon? Don't want to pay for the Tempurpedic brand and I've heard the ones on Amazon are great.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Any opinions or recommendations on the range of memory foam mattresses available from Amazon? Don't want to pay for the Tempurpedic brand and I've heard the ones on Amazon are great.

I bought this one earlier this year and it's been great: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJZ18PS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I've got a memory foam mattress I ordered off of Amazon and it has, indeed, been great. 10 year warranty and was a snap to move into the bedroom since it was vacuum packed. The best part is breaking the seal and watching it unfold and grow.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Pron on VHS posted:

... we bought a Tuft and Needle king sized a few months back one that's pretty comfortable.
https://www.tuftandneedle.com/
We almost went with this one, but my fiance wanted a firm mattress and the reviews said the T&N was the firmer of the two:
https://casper.com/mattresses

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Pron on VHS posted:

Mattresses are highly subjective. I would do your research before dropping coin on one.

http://sleeplikethedead.com/

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cornuto posted:

... we bought a Tuft and Needle king sized a few months back one that's pretty comfortable.
https://www.tuftandneedle.com/

Tuft and Needle is excellent, the only thing I miss using it though is that there's no enhanced edge support. So, if you like to sleep near the edge, you will compress the edge comparatively more and you'll be on a slant. On a queen size bed with two people, this might get annoying, but of course there's plenty of room on a king. On the other hand, you get to literally roll out of bed.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

.Z. posted:

awesome poo poo

Thanks! One of these days I'll stop being a lazy poo poo and compile some of this in the OP.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought IKEAs latex mattress and it's pretty baller

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

SaltLick posted:

I bought IKEAs latex mattress and it's pretty baller

Which one? Have been doing a lot of overnight stays in hotels with work recently and pretty much every hotel's mattress is better than mine at home.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

spookygonk posted:

Which one? Have been doing a lot of overnight stays in hotels with work recently and pretty much every hotel's mattress is better than mine at home.

It's whatever was the most expensive one they had. Sultan erfjord I think is the model name right now.

It's held up pretty well for the past two years and havent had any sinkage. Should probably still flip it though

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
2 Requests:

1. Good glass tupperware with snap on lids (the ones that clasp on all 4 sides) reasonably priced. I found a bunch at the dollar store around Xmas but cannot find anymore for the life of me. Pyrex is around $35 on amazon and I'd like to think I can get them elsewhere for much cheaper.

2. Place to buy good comfortable boxer/briefs. I've lost some weight recently and all of my boxers are rather loose. Somewhere with a measurements table would be a plus. Far too many times I get a medium based on the waist size to find that it holds my plums like a vengeful girlfriend.

Both that will ship to Canada. :canada:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

m.hache posted:

2 Requests:

1. Good glass tupperware with snap on lids (the ones that clasp on all 4 sides) reasonably priced. I found a bunch at the dollar store around Xmas but cannot find anymore for the life of me. Pyrex is around $35 on amazon and I'd like to think I can get them elsewhere for much cheaper.

2. Place to buy good comfortable boxer/briefs. I've lost some weight recently and all of my boxers are rather loose. Somewhere with a measurements table would be a plus. Far too many times I get a medium based on the waist size to find that it holds my plums like a vengeful girlfriend.

Both that will ship to Canada. :canada:

Winners usually carries Glasslock,

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

m.hache posted:

2. Place to buy good comfortable boxer/briefs.

I've been buying ExOfficio boxer briefs and they are awesome. They are pretty expensive but worth it.
Here they are on Amazon U.S.

ExOfficio retailer map, I see they do have retailers in Canada.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

apatheticman posted:

Winners usually carries Glasslock,

Seconding Glasslock. I have several and they're awesome.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Biscuit Joiner posted:

I've been buying ExOfficio boxer briefs and they are awesome. They are pretty expensive but worth it.

These are great. I bought 3 more pairs last week (they go on sale frequently) and finally threw out all my non ExOfficio boxers. Buy these, you balls will thank you.

EDIT: This thread will let you know when they go on sale: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670836

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Uniqlo boxer briefs are the poo poo. I dont wear my ExOfficio ones anymore.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone own an emergency battery jump-starter for their auto? Do you have to charge it monthly?

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Not a fan of these, I tend to get bunching. Underarmor for me thanks.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

colas posted:

Anyone own an emergency battery jump-starter for their auto? Do you have to charge it monthly?

I've had two different brands and both died on me at very inopportune moments. Now I just carry regular jumper cables and never had a problem getting help from strangers.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Exofficio are nice. I still prefer MeUndies and with the monthly service they're about $16 per.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MeUndies, MeUndies, no more sweaty balls.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Bunk Rogers posted:

Exofficio are nice. I still prefer MeUndies and with the monthly service they're about $16 per.

Are you saying they have an underwear of the month club? I couldn't find anything like that on their website.

I did see this though

365 pairs of underwear, that would probably last me the rest of my life.

I do like the look of them though, I may have to try a pair. Thanks.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Are you saying they have an underwear of the month club? I couldn't find anything like that on their website.

I did see this though

365 pairs of underwear, that would probably last me the rest of my life.

I do like the look of them though, I may have to try a pair. Thanks.

To enroll, select “Subscribe & Save” on the desired product page. A confirmation of your subscription plan will appear. To finalize, click on the “Add To Cart And Subscribe” button and check out.

Last month they even sent me a water gun.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bunk Rogers posted:

To enroll, select “Subscribe & Save” on the desired product page. A confirmation of your subscription plan will appear. To finalize, click on the “Add To Cart And Subscribe” button and check out.

Last month they even sent me a water gun.

While cool in concept I don't think I can justify $200 a year in just underwear.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Ok! Me too! I do every other month.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bunk Rogers posted:

Ok! Me too! I do every other month.

Didn't realize that was an option. I'll keep it bookmarked.

Thanks

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

MeUndies forever.

I talk about those drat things all the time to my friends. I have somehow been able to pay off a few debts with underwear purchases and they love them.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am very committed to exoffico undies but I bought a oak of airsims to try them. They are decent and do dry quickly but they ride up a ton more then the ExO ones.

Full disclosure, I suffer from Hank Hill butt so it might just be me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
goons posting ITT not knowing about going commando :kiddo:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Gyshall posted:

I'm put off by the fear of an unexpected boner.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Gyshall posted:

What, and rub my junk raw on the zipper of my jeans? gently caress that noise.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm commando in my flannel lined jeans right now. Business on the outside, pyjamas on the inside. :feelsgood:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

amityville anus posted:

I'm commando in my flannel lined jeans right now. Business on the outside, pyjamas on the inside. :feelsgood:

sup commando lined pants buddy

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

colas posted:

I'm put off by the fear of an unexpected boner.
When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face, just walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Gyshall posted:

I was commando when you were still in diapers. I assume, I'm pretty old

Ex Officio undies are so good they made me give up freeballing.