Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

KoB posted:

They probably have to differentiate them as Nor Cal Burritos since they dont have beans and are therefore poo poo. :smug:

Burrito war ITT

Motherfucker :argh:

I'm not paying 50 extra cents to add beans what am I, Mr. Money McRitch Fancy the III?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I don't like burritos and I was born in this state :shrug: Tacos and tostadas are much, much better

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Beans are wasted space. More meat and rice can go where those beans were.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Beans and rice are great in a gigantic super burrito because you can buy one for cheap and it'll fill you up all day.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

You know the topic of burritos and/or tacos has been brought up when there are a bunch of new posts in this thread.

FRINGE posted:

Beans are wasted space. More meat and rice can go where those beans were.

Beans are good, rice is wasted space.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I like all types of burritos. I don't discriminate (unless they're from taco bell or Texas or something).

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My Go To Burritos:

- Carne asada, guac, cheese, pico (Carne Asada burrito with cheese)
- Pollo Asado, sour cream, guac, cheese, french fries (California with pollo instead of Carne with guac added)
- Bean & cheese burrito with enchilada sauce added inside.

I am a burrito based life form.

nm posted:

I like all types of burritos. I don't discriminate (unless they're from taco bell or Texas or something).

Same but taco bell included. I have no hate in my heart for burritos.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

There's something about taco bell taco supremes that do it for me. I wouldn't put it in the same catecory as actual Mexican food, nor do I really eat anything else there, but i dig me some taco supremes.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I've only had fries in my burrito once and it was pretty amazing. They were crispy enough to crunch but soft enough to soak up the juices from the meat. Ugh I want one now. But I swore off fatty burritos a few months ago so I haven't had one in foreverrrrrrrrr arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh need burrito

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Does NorCal even have burrito shops? I thought they were all turned into luxury condos or Chipotles.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Blinkman987 posted:

Does NorCal even have burrito shops?

Yes

Blinkman987 posted:

I thought they were all turned into luxury condos or Chipotles.

No, unless "parking lot" or "warehouse" is synonymous with "burrito shop" for you, which would not be surprising in the 90% of america where garbage = mexican food.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I currenty live in Concord, CA and I'm fairly well convinced that there is no place in this town, no single spot, where you are more than 200 yards from a burrito for sale.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Leperflesh posted:

I currenty live in Concord, CA and I'm fairly well convinced that there is no place in this town, no single spot, where you are more than 200 yards from a burrito for sale.

It exists, it's called Walnut Creek

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Leperflesh posted:

I'm pretty convinced that if at least 20 people live somewhere in CA, you can get a pretty solid burrito.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bobula posted:

I've only had fries in my burrito once and it was pretty amazing. They were crispy enough to crunch but soft enough to soak up the juices from the meat. Ugh I want one now. But I swore off fatty burritos a few months ago so I haven't had one in foreverrrrrrrrr arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh need burrito

Eat The Burrito

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Eat The Burrito

Do it. It's ok, it's just one bite. You can control yourself, bobula. Just one more time :unsmigghh:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Bobula eat the eggs burrito.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Breakfast burritos, yes or no?

Also, same question but with teriyaki burritos.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Breakfast burritos, yes or no?

If you ain't into breakfast burritos I will gently caress you up.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Chinatown posted:

If you ain't into breakfast burritos I will gently caress you up.

chinatown, what goes into your breakfast burritos?

I am waiting for mcdonalds or carls jr to invent a mcgriddle equivalent but with burritos... like, maple syrup infused tortillas and stuffed with eggs, tater tots and sausage.

Basically a mcdonalds deluxe breakfast but you can actually eat it in your car.

I have found an idea and I'm going to make millions

celeron 300a fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 15, 2015

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Also, same question but with teriyaki burritos.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

The answer to burritos is yes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Burritos are proof god loves us and wants us to be fat.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Breakfast is the best food and Breakfast Burritos are the ultimate form of the best food.

Rah! posted:

I'm not paying 50 extra cents to add beans what am I, Mr. Money McRitch Fancy the III?

You live in California, so yes.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I remember this place had several locations in SF back in the mid-90's and there were lines out the door.

http://worldwrapps.com/menu/wrapps/

not a burrito:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

On the other hand, Korean burritos when done right are amazing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

celeron 300a posted:

chinatown, what goes into your breakfast burritos?

My usual order is pretty simple. Egg, cheese, pico, guac.

Sometimes I will gently caress with hashbrowns, chorizo, or bacon.

Everything drowned in red hot sauce por supuesto

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
So I have a confession to make, guys. Despite growing up in CA, I can never seem to eat a foil-wrapped burrito properly. I tried one last year from a pretty decent place near my old work in SF, and it was just a disaster. I carefully watched my colleagues tear the foil as they made their way down, and I did the same. However, it became a disaster, with copious amounts of grease and fillings falling out as I ate, and I had nowhere near enough napkins to account for this. And then I got down to the point about 4/5 of the way through, where essentially what I had left was a tortilla-cup holding the remainder of the filling. I could not figure out how to navigate this so I just accepted that I was finished.

Now I love burritos, but I usually go to places where I can get it on a plate (bonus points if it's served wet) so then I won't get looked at funny for breaking out the cutlery. The hell am I doing wrong?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Youre supposed to eat like a duck, just let it slide straight down. Whole.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
If I ain't traveling with the burrito I usually just lay it down and slice it open and go at it with fork n' knife. :stare:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Capn Jobe posted:

However, it became a disaster, with copious amounts of grease and fillings falling out as I ate, and I had nowhere near enough napkins to account for this. And then I got down to the point about 4/5 of the way through, where essentially what I had left was a tortilla-cup holding the remainder of the filling. I could not figure out how to navigate this so I just accepted that I was finished.

Now I love burritos, but I usually go to places where I can get it on a plate (bonus points if it's served wet) so then I won't get looked at funny for breaking out the cutlery. The hell am I doing wrong?

You are eating at a place that cannot make a loving burrito properly. If your burrito is leaking or poo poo is falling all over the place then probably one of two things is happening:

1. Whoever wrapped it did a poo poo job.
2. The place uses GARBAGE "tortillas" that fall apart (This is why Chipotle sucks dick)
3. The place uses tortillas that are too small and cannot be properly wrapped around the fillings. (Chipotle, again)

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Rah! posted:

KoB posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

KoB posted:

Breakfast is the best food and Breakfast Burritos are the ultimate form of the best food.

I do not live in CA I am a sovereign citizen of my cardboard box.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Chinatown posted:

My usual order is pretty simple. Egg, cheese, pico, guacamole.

Sometimes I will gently caress with hashbrowns, chorizo, or bacon.

Everything drowned in red hot sauce por supuesto

That sounds pretty classic, although I'd probably skip the guacamole - it doesn't agree with me unless it's by itself and some chips.

I will only eat chorizo if it's a real small amount (like, not an entire burrito chock full of it) or if I am in close radius to a bathroom.

Having said that, I believe chorizo is the bacon of the southwest. Chorizo and eggs, chorizo and toast, gonna try it on a pizza someday.

One day, I will make chorizo-topped lasagna and it will be my crowning culinary achievement.

EDIT: spelling

celeron 300a fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 15, 2015

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

celeron 300a posted:

That sounds pretty classic, although I'd probably skip the guac - it doesn't agree with me unless it's by itself and some chips.

I will only eat chorizo if it's a real small amount (like, not an entire burrito chock full of it) or if I am in close radius to a bathroom

Can't handle guacamole (what the hell is guac :argh:), can't handle chorizo. What did you do to piss off the Mexican food gods?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I actually hate pico because I am a 12 year old who hates uncooked tomatoes (it is probably genetic, my whole dad's side of the family thinks they taste like soap).
Give me some something spicier and/or tomatillo based.

Also, chorizo and eggs is amazing. Cheap protein and tastes awesome.

Avocado is the food of the gods. Gauc without tomatoes is fine, but it always feels like they are just trying to stretch the avocado out with filler.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

nm posted:

I actually hate pico because I am a 12 year old who hates uncooked tomatoes (it is probably genetic, my whole dad's side of the family thinks they taste like soap).
Give me some something spicier and/or tomatillo based.

Interesting. I've heard of that with cilantro, but never with uncooked tomatoes.

nm posted:

Also, chorizo and eggs is amazing. Cheap protein and tastes awesome.

Definitely. It's really cheap for the amount of awesomeness you get.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Rah! posted:

Can't handle guacamole (what the hell is guac :argh:), can't handle chorizo. What did you do to piss off the Mexican food gods?

I can handle it just fine... just would rather have it in a bowl with some chips rather than in a burrito.

Chorizo is OK with me except that I can't eat a half pound of it without getting the shits.

Authentic pico de gallo on pizza is the best thing I've ever had. Unfortunately, most everyone I know can't be in the same room as an opened container of the stuff without breaking into a sweat, let alone actually eating any.

EDIT: Guacamole doesn't agree with me if I've been drinking. Forgot to mention that.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

nm posted:

Avocado is the food of the gods. Gauc without tomatoes is fine, but it always feels like they are just trying to stretch the avocado out with filler.

I substitute red peppers for tomatoes, but they get added in solely for presentation (to add color). I don't add very much of it.

My secret guacamole ingredient is red onions and garlic. :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
chorizo is disgusting

• Locked thread