Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Please do not be bigoted in this thread.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
drat this was a fun game
http://imgur.com/a/hdKgL

bonus: while attempting to destroy the Catholic HRE by taking all the cathoic electors land, Brazil became the hereditary Emperor, making destruction of the HRE impossible. Eat your heart out plutonis.

When I got to Brazil, they had no decent buildings at all anywhere. They were still living in mud forts and eating bugs. it was a country in name only and a power just because it took up a large map space. Back to EU4, I couldn't take England because I supported Eng. Louisiana's independence and the took a shitload of territory from english mexico for themselves. so i had no time

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 15, 2015

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
"Good Poland"

Haha nice one!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
i sstoped giving a poo poo about roman names and didnt know what to call that chunk of landfill

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear posted:

When I got to Brazil, they had no decent buildings at all anywhere. They were still living in mud forts and eating bugs.

We still do.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol @: island france, iceland norway with vinland colony, the haiti province in north canada, good poland, south african castille

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Also how the heck do you become a rev empire? i tried tanking my RT but just because a repub dictatorship

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I think it's only available if you start as france and your start date is after 1804

e: OK I looked at the events and it totally should happen when you're a rev republic and tank your RT

MindSet fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 15, 2015

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

MindSet posted:

I think it's only available if you start as france and your start date is after 1804

holy poo poo thats loving stupid

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
the event that triggers dictatorship includes:

code:
	trigger = {
		government = republic
		OR = {
			NOT = { has_dlc = "Res Publica" }
			NOT = { government = dutch_republic }
		}
		is_colonial_nation = no
		OR = {
			AND = {
				NOT = { republican_tradition = 0.4 }
				has_dlc = "Res Publica"
			}
			NOT = { republican_tradition = 0.01 }
		}
		NOT = { 
			government = revolutionary_republic
		} 
so it should be blocked and cause the game to move on to the rev. empire event I think?

here's the trigger for the rev empire event:

code:
 	trigger = {
		NOT = { republican_tradition = 0.01 }
		government = revolutionary_republic
	} 
thank you friend of the family Wiz for making me debug a video game

E: also, the event and event description are exactly the same for these, so they look exactly the same other than the result. You could try triggering event republics.100 and see if it turns you into a rev empire.

MindSet fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 15, 2015

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I thought any country could after 1750 if they had a shitload of loans?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It makes you a rev republic. I just realized reelection to 0 rep trad will turn you into a repub dictatorship, thus overriding the rev empire event. Insanely good

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

what's haiti's story?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

zeal posted:

what's haiti's story?
It's probably just one colonial power colonizing all of the Caribbean, leading to one Caribbean CN which eventually went independent. Same happened in my last game.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

It's probably just one colonial power colonizing all of the Caribbean, leading to one Caribbean CN which eventually went independent. Same happened in my last game.

Yeah. Portuguese colony that got independent early on and ended up being a major power in the Americas.

I frickib love the smooth border between cosmopolitan USA and English Louisiana

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

I frickib love the smooth border between cosmopolitan USA and English Louisiana

I love that french USA and english Louisiana exists honestly.

although it is weird that the english named it after a french king.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Agean90 posted:

I love that french USA and english Louisiana exists honestly.

although it is weird that the english named it after a french king.

i wish they would come up with more colonial nation names. also rename a bunch of colonial regions

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Government ranks are nice. I remember that being in a ton of EU3 mods. Unique theocracy mechanics might make them more interesting I dunno.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Government ranks are nice. I remember that being in a ton of EU3 mods. Unique theocracy mechanics might make them more interesting I dunno.

I'm OK with Theocracies getting a legitimacy thing. My Papal States run was fairly insanely boring since the only possible way I had of having anything revolt was getting a bunch of WE. At least republics and kingdoms can end up with super low LT and RT and have something break off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

making theocracies more unique was cool but i wish it was before i did mt knights/ jerusalem game...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

making theocracies more unique was cool but i wish it was before i did mt knights/ jerusalem game...

Yeah I was going to do that soon but then I read that dev diary and now I'm like gently caress it, I'll wait.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

how do you do that anyway? Reload until things go well?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

this is pretty much the secret for every hard start

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Maybe a Würzburg run will finally be worthwhile with those changes. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Agean90 posted:

You kinda have to do that with any hard start, but it's not as luck based as it once was. Usually you restart because you didn't realise who the best alliance partners are or something.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

rival setups have a degree of randomness so sometimes you just have to restart to get the right people rivaling whoever might smash you. stuff like that

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Maybe a Würzburg run will finally be worthwhile with those changes. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Why are you so obsessed with Wurzburg you loving freak,

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's like that one guy in D&D who cannot ever shut the gently caress up about Brittany, despite being an American. It's mental loving illness. So welcome to the Imp Zone.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Unlike that guy, I'm actually from the area. I just want to be able to play as my home team and have it be worthwhile.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

frankenfreak posted:

Unlike that guy, I'm actually from the area. I just want to be able to play as my home team and have it be worthwhile.

thats cool

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

This is why I wish they would do something about NZ being tribal in eu4 when the Maori tribes were far more advanced than the retard feather Indians.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Are tribals fun to play in CK2 yet?I want to honor my ancestors by starting as a Scottish highland count in the earliest start date and bringing it all the way to the end but the tribal mechanics were boring me last time I tried.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is why I wish they would do something about NZ being tribal in eu4 when the Maori tribes were far more advanced than the retard feather Indians.

I didn't know that. Tell me about the Maori

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

Are tribals fun to play in CK2 yet?I want to honor my ancestors by starting as a Scottish highland count in the earliest start date and bringing it all the way to the end but the tribal mechanics were boring me last time I tried.
Yes but at least the nordic tribes are a bit boring since you're expected to raid for gold and it's awful micromanagement. Forming up huge tribal armies and kicking rear end as puny Finland is fun, though.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
What did they change about them to make them fun vs. what they were at release?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Hell if I know, I just picked up the game two months ago or so.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

What did they change about them to make them fun vs. what they were at release?

They didn't. Well I guess they let same religion tribals raid eachother.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

Well I guess they let same religion tribals raid eachother.

that actually seems kind of important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They should do that with the amazonian tribes too, since they were advanced enough to have walled cities connected by fuckoff huge causeways through the jungle untill they got smallpoxed.