Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The Gate posted:

New X-Wing Title: Republic Refit

3 points

Add the boost icon to your action bar. If you have an astromech equipped you may reroll 1 blank (green or red?) Per turn.

There, something to make the X-Wing a useful dogfighter, and a flavorful ability that fits the pilot/astro combo.

You might be on to something. A 0 or 1 cost title that gives a benefit if you have an astromech equipped. Maybe give the ability to reroll an attack die. It might have to cost 2 points since it is then a weaker predator.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I can't wait to see what they actually do.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Played 4-5 games. Mostly flew a list that had as its main features Kavil with Agromech, Opportunist and Blaster Turret and Palob (guy who steals focus/evade) with opportunist/blaster turret/moldy crow (moldy crow was actually useful I found). The rest was either Drea Renthal with a blaster turret/agromech or a heavy scyk with HLC and a vanilla Z-95.

Doing 5 attack dice shots outside of arc with a Target Lock or 4 attack dice with Palob with usually a focus available is really nice :q:

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

alg posted:

Why do Advanced and Inteeceptors just get straight up fixes but X-Wings have to get hilarious drawbacks to use boost or barrel roll
What was the interceptor fix?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

FuSchnick posted:

Royal Guard TIE.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Intie fix was Autothrusters to be honest. Royal Guard TIE only really worked when Autos came out, thus giving something that worked well in conjunction with Stealth Device.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

FuSchnick posted:

Autothrusters

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
The "Interceptor fix" was only a minor buff, but it only had to be a minor buff because Interceptors were already pretty good. They were a small step behind other things, and all it took was a little nudge to make them equal with the competition again. The problem with X-wings is that they're a full step behind where Interceptors were. Lack of maneuverability options plus an unimpressive maneuver dial mean they're really suffering. Astromechs that give boost or barrel roll would be a decent fix, I think.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Clearly the answer is Rebel Aces 2: Y-Wing + X-Wing, new astros, new torps, new titles, alternate paint schemes. It practically writes itself.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

ZachAttack posted:

Clearly the answer is Rebel Aces 2: Y-Wing + X-Wing, new astros, new torps, new titles, alternate paint schemes. It practically writes itself.

X-wing already has more named pilots than any other, let's go ahead and just dump a couple more onto it.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Cobbsprite posted:

X-wing already has more named pilots than any other, let's go ahead and just dump a couple more onto it.

Well, since we are all just wishlisting anyway. Lets have this RA2 box NOT have any X-wing named pilots and instead have the reverse side of the of the rookie and red be 2x generic PS6 rogue squadron with an EPT slot.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Nah, add more of the book Rogues and Wraiths. I want to fly with Piggy and Runt.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Val Helmethead posted:

Nah, add more of the book Rogues and Wraiths. I want to fly with Piggy and Runt.

Piggy would be great, especially if they offered an alternate art card with an actual picture of him in the cockpit.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

ZachAttack posted:

Piggy would be great, especially if they offered an alternate art card with an actual picture of him in the cockpit.

Pilot faces are promo cards[1].

[1] It is known.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
"Face" Loran:

Ps6
Can copy the ability of a friendly ship in range 1-3.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Cobbsprite posted:

Pilot faces are promo cards[1].

[1] It is known.

That is what I meant by alternate art card.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If we're wishlisting I'd love to see an Erisi Dlarit who can fly for both the Rebels and Imperials.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

If we're wishlisting I'd love to see an Erisi Dlarit who can fly for both the Rebels and Imperials.

First make it Baron Fel
:getin:

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

First make it Baron Fel
:getin:

I'd like to see unique pilots with multiple ship options. Corran Horn in an X-wing, etc. Cross-faction pilots maybe later, but cross-ship pilots first. They've got named pilots as crew cards and Artoo as an astromech and a crew, so obviously they aren't completely opposed to the concept.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Thoughts?

Wraith Squadron Pilot
Ps5
Illicit Mod
25 points.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cobbsprite posted:

Cross-faction pilots maybe later, but cross-ship pilots first.
I don't think your going to get your wish on this one, seeing as there are already 2 cross-faction pilots.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Poopy Palpy posted:

I don't think your going to get your wish on this one, seeing as there are already 2 cross-faction pilots.

No there aren't? The Scum and Imperial versions of Boba Fett are separate cards, not one pilot card that bridges two+ factions

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

jivjov posted:

No there aren't? The Scum and Imperial versions of Boba Fett are separate cards, not one pilot card that bridges two+ factions

We won't ever get one pilot card that bridges two+ factions. We will only ever get separate cards. Hell, the card back tells us that.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

jivjov posted:

It's still the same dude in two different factions, which I think was all they were saying.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Endman posted:

It's still the same dude in two different factions, which I think was all they were saying.

I thought they were talking about the same pilot (i.e. same upgrade bar, action bar, and ability)?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Like, I don't think they'd make Corran exactly the same if they put him in an X-Wing.

His pilot ability would probably be something like "trick allies into thinking you're dead with allusions to cakes" or something.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

I mean identical pilot ability, mostly. We have Kath and Fett that cross factions, but they have very different abilities for each faction. I think Corran Horn's ability, for example, would work just as well on an X-wing as an E-wing. No reason he can't keep it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Endman posted:

Like, I don't think they'd make Corran exactly the same if they put him in an X-Wing.

His pilot ability would probably be something like "trick allies into thinking you're dead with allusions to cakes" or something.

It's hard to make a pilot ability for "Mary Sue"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Endman posted:

It's what I was talking about re: Erisi, i.e. the same person but with two different abilities depending on if she's flying an X-Wing or a TIE Interceptor or whatever.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's hard to make a pilot ability for "Mary Sue"

Watch:

"*Mary Sue"
Title. 0 pts.
Ignore ship's Pilot Skill and ability. Do, 1 card of facedown damage to this ship to do 3 facedown damage to another ship within range 1-5. Then discard one damage card to this ship.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Feeple posted:

Watch:

"*Mary Sue"
Title. 0 pts.
Ignore ship's Pilot Skill and ability. Do, 1 card of facedown damage to this ship to do 3 facedown damage to another ship within range 1-5. Then discard one damage card to this ship.

Three faceup damage. :getin:

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

If we're still talking about pilot wishlists:

How about Han Solo in a Z-95 and Leia in the Falcon?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

soulfulspinster posted:

If we're still talking about pilot wishlists:

How about Han Solo in a Z-95 and Leia in the Falcon?

Han Solo/Chewie in a shuttle :twisted:

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Corran in an X-Wing.

"Friendly ships may use and spend your target lock to fire secondary weapons with Torpedo and Missile icons with the "Attack: TARGET LOCK" header. If they do this, they may use your range and arc instead of their own to determine the range of the attack."

"PS if that isn't Mary Sue Enough, also add (filled explosion) to the result of their dice roll."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

New EPT: Fly Casual. All 1 speed manuevers are green.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Val Helmethead posted:

Corran in an X-Wing.

"Friendly ships may use and spend your target lock to fire secondary weapons with Torpedo and Missile icons with the "Attack: TARGET LOCK" header. If they do this, they may use your range and arc instead of their own to determine the range of the attack."

"PS if that isn't Mary Sue Enough, also add (filled explosion) to the result of their dice roll."

This would no loving joke actually make Torpedoes worth using on an X-wing or Y-wing since neither ship gets reposition options and torpedoes have loving awful action economy.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Val Helmethead posted:

Corran in an X-Wing.

That's... actually a really cool ability and I would totally use that all the time.

For another Corran-specific Rogue Squadron novel tie-in, you can have:

"At the start of the combat phase, friendly ships may perform a hard left manoeuvre then receive a stress token."

Endman
May 18, 2010

Also, if we have Emon Azzameen, I hope that means that one day we might get either a Scum YT-1300 with the "Selu" title and Aeron Azzameen, or a Rebel Z-95 with Ace Azzameen. They already have generic Bandit Squadron pilots, so why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, I would for real use that shared torpedo lock ability.

• Locked thread