Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I had been logging on to do the mini updates they were doing (like the Harry Kim zombie maze thing), but can't even bother updating anymore. Goodbye STO, the spergin ERPists won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I took a month break from the game, it was enough for me to get back in and mess with the spergin ERPists. And dick around occasionally with a new Delta Recruit.

Also, if you just want to jump in the game and blow poo poo up without a gently caress to give, run normal STFs. I did a Hive Onslaught Normal, Cubes were just melting from FAW. It was hilarious. You can solo pug these things. I did, the pubbies were awful and died horribly. It was magnificent.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Put it this way: I don't even have the client installed anymore and Life is Good.

Sure I miss screwing with pubbies but lets be honest here - the pickings are very slim on the ground compared to a year or two ago. Without that particular allure and the current state of endgame (massive time gated grind, dead empty queues) there isn't much actual game to play anyway.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Just logged out from cycling R&D jobs on my main, and the game is downloading ~2.5 GBs of pre-patch files. Assuming these are Season 10 assets, whats a good guess on an ETA of the release of S10 ?

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 14, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Ratzap posted:

I've been watching star trek box sets the last few weeks so I updated STO and looked back in. I made a delta recruit for the account unlocks so can someone throw TalaxianTrash a channel invite at some point? The saddest part is seeing the steady stream of messages about people getting ships. How can they possibly still be so dumb as to be buying keys and opening boxes.

@TalaxianTrash doesn't exist, no invite for you.

More leaks for the four guys still playing.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 14, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MREBoy posted:

Just logged out from cycling R&D jobs on my main, and the game is downloading ~2.5 GBs of pre-patch files. Assuming these are Season 10 assets, whats a good guess on an ETA of the release of S10 ?

It went down last Tuesday but I think that was off pattern. Patch day is usually Thursday.

Given there's a blog up promoting a mission called "Delta Flight", I think it's safe to assume it will also feature the launch of the pilot tree and the inevitable Defiant variety.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

It went down last Tuesday but I think that was off pattern. Patch day is usually Thursday.
Cryptic usually drops season/expansion type patches on Tuesday so they can patch Thursday when something inevitably breaks.

And since there's devblogs and a preload it's a week or two out at the most now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Cryptic usually drops season/expansion type patches on Tuesday so they can patch Thursday when something inevitably breaks.

And since there's devblogs and a preload it's a week or two out at the most now.

Ahh, we'll have to wait and see then. It'd be nice if it dropped tomorrow.

Also, IQFleet have pulled out more poo poo from S10 in their unending quest to spoil content and encourage the devs to release premature half baked poo poo. This time, we'll be adventuring with Tom Paris!

Nailed it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Korgan posted:

@TalaxianTrash doesn't exist, no invite for you.

More leaks for the four guys still playing.

I realised it was account wide last night when white chat text started appearing. A quick colour change sorted it out.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Queues might be empty, but there's still plenty of pubbie bios to laugh at.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Oh hey, shots of the Fed pilot ship. It looks... Really cool?

http://m.imgur.com/a/tGYtN

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Oh yea, they start making Vic Vipers after I quit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SKY COQ posted:

Look at that design language, all consistent with the Defiant and poo poo. Not bad.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

SKY COQ posted:

It's like the Defiant and that Mass Effect ship had a baby.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

SKY COQ posted:

Its just the Risa cruiser

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Wow, I kinda like the look of that new ship.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It looks like an A wing.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

SKY COQ posted:

It's not just me, is it?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

AfroSquirrel posted:

It's not just me, is it?

Not just you.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Had the exact same first thought.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kesper North posted:

Look at that design language, all consistent with the Defiant and poo poo. Not bad.
Not bad. It would be better if the wings weren't angled; part of the Defiant's profile is being kind of sleek and flat, and I think the Phantom captures that better. Still not bad, though I wonder how it'd look in the type 7 skin. Regardless of how you like it though you can be sure we'll see a Defiant/B'Rel/T'varo T6 pilot raider combo pack or something at some point soon after. :v:

Also that deflector is really weird looking and very similar to the Pathfinder's, it has to be done the same artist.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

AfroSquirrel posted:

It's not just me, is it?

Is that some new tier 4 amarr ship or something?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also, shots of the klank pilot ship.

http://imgur.com/a/MjHbh

Can't say I'm a fan. The new artist likes sharp lines on ships, but that isn't really very... trek, even with klingons. This is another case where a different skin might help though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

WarLocke posted:

Is that some new tier 4 amarr ship or something?

That, sir, is an Amarr shuttle.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Kesper North posted:

Hunh, can't beieve I didn't recognize it then.

I can kind of see the comparison. Whoever said it looked like an A-Wing was close, too.

I can also see it as a descendant on the Defiant class, even though I don't really like that aesthetic, it doesn't feel very Trek to me. Federation ships should have saucers and secondary hulls and outboard nacelles, damnit.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Looks more like an Executioner to me. :colbert:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Kesper North posted:

It's definitely an amarr shuttle. The cross over with Eve Online starts now.

e: Is the server being dead the usual pre-season drop? Or has the grind been extended to gently caress you levels?

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 16, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Devian666 posted:

Or has the grind been extended to gently caress you levels?
This, and also queues being effectively killed for pugs because the lead Dev is a turbo sperg.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Devian666 posted:

It's definitely an amarr shuttle. The cross over with Eve Online starts now.

e: Is the server being dead the usual pre-season drop? Or has the grind been extended to gently caress you levels?

This week's patch notes are just fluff about adding the Sela episode to the normal mission list.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

This, and also queues being effectively killed for pugs because the lead Dev is a turbo sperg.

Pugging made the terrible STFs work. You could solo the entire thing and the pubbies would moan about how bad you were. Then you would post the total damage done and you'd done 95% of it because they were too stupid. Why would they want to kill that when everyone got decent rewards and would play the lovely game?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Devian666 posted:

Pugging made the terrible STFs work. You could solo the entire thing and the pubbies would moan about how bad you were. Then you would post the total damage done and you'd done 95% of it because they were too stupid. Why would they want to kill that when everyone got decent rewards and would play the lovely game?

Asimo posted:

because the lead Dev is a turbo sperg.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yuuuuup. Instead of recognizing that STO is full of idiot players and succeeded because it was stupidly casual, they made it so all the advanced queues (ie, the only ones with decent rewards vs time) had hard failure conditions that are fairly easy to meet in a pug, buffed all the enemies due to the level cap, and then proceeded to be shocked and surprised that everyone gave up pugging less than a month into the expansion.

There's usually less than a hundred people queueing simultaneously now, often even fewer than that. The only queues that pop regularly are CCE, ISN/ISA, and maybe fleet alert if you're fed. :geno: This plus the spec grind have pretty much killed the game. Who's gonna buy spaceships if there's nothing to use them in?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
Oh joy, an Amarr shuttle.

At least the KDF one looks sort of neat.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

SKY COQ posted:

This week's patch notes are just fluff about adding the Sela episode to the normal mission list.

Yeah but there's a 6 gig prepatch up so I think poo poo is gonna be dropping on Tuesday.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

Who's gonna buy spaceships if there's nothing to use them in?

:rip: the revenue stream and hence why almost all the devs were reassigned or fired.

Enjoy this new season of open sector space because its the last major update STO will ever see.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 16, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah but there's a 6 gig prepatch up so I think poo poo is gonna be dropping on Tuesday.
The dates for the new episodes and related events are up on the calendar on tribble, and yeah it's definitely next week.

DancingShade posted:

Enjoy this new season of open sector space because its the last major update STO will ever see.
They'll probably poo poo out new episodes every few months with recycled assets just like the last one and probably keep releasing ships indefinitely even if they're just rehashes of existing boats with minor number increases which totally hasn't happened yet, but yeah we probably won't see a big expansion-sized release again at this rate.

Delta rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it. :rip:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I haven't kept up to date with STO since DR was released and just read through a large portion of this thread today to see how things had gone down since then and wow this game sounds depressing now.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

Delta rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it. :rip:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

It is kind of depressing. When I started early last summer I figured it was at least a steady gane to get into after four years, I've never seen a game nosedive so hard so quickly and late in its life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

"I try to obey, but... it is difficult..."

• Locked thread