Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

first result in google for "skype for business" is stilll http://www.skype.com/en/business/

why is this bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think that's the new product but there used to be a skype business subscription so idk

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

wait, they have two skype for businesses?

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

if you're just joining us, Lync has been rechristened "Skype for Business"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you had to ask?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

for fucks sake, why not just skip to the end of the process and call it Xbox Live Party Chat for Business

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

but which version?
probably skype for skype business so you can communicate with regular skype with skype

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so is it a stated company goal to turn every one of their product lines into a yo dawg meme?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingexecutive posted:

so is it a stated company goal to turn every one of their product lines into a yo dawg meme?

well the sticker was pretty cheezburger goofy poo poo, so this makes sense. the regression is accelerating so Zombie Box Defender 2015 and The Terrible Secret of Spaces for Windows 365 will be legitimate, depressing products in the not too distant future

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
can i buy a grumpy cat edition of windows yet?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

for fucks sake, why not just skip to the end of the process and call it Xbox Live Party Chat for Business

would it be available Xbox Live Silver as well as Xbox Live Gold?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sniep posted:

now I want to see the Master Chief edition of Windows 10.

John 117 and tiny Cortana hologram on the box art, a handful of themes, and a free copy of the Metro Modern Immersive Windows app version of Spartan Assault.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Sniep posted:

Microsoft is out of touch enough that I eagerly await Windows Desu Desu.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
is that a anime thing?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

at least

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

oh the problem of skype not stopping its ringing on winphone if you answer the call on any of those 'other' skypes still hasn't been fully resolved apparently

i had skype and skype for desktop intalled on my laptop and got a call. answered it in the "desktop" app and the metro one kept on ringing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wheany posted:

i had skype and skype for desktop intalled on my laptop and got a call. answered it in the "desktop" app and the metro one kept on ringing.

you have to understand microsoft "cloud" services.

here's no real cohesive cloud, it's a million siloed services with ten million interoperability hacks applied one by one as needed, it's a direct representation of microsoft as a corporate entity

and that's why nothing actually works

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Virion posted:

The Terrible Secret of Spaces for Windows 365

dont leak the working title of thurrotts new ebook project, thanks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
microsoft is terry gillingham's brazil

the entire organization is driven by the equivalent of a fly jammed typewriter, they're the ultimate bureaucracy and windows 10 is archibald buttle

except instead of being black bagged it's going to production come hell or high water

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 16, 2015

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Virion posted:

well the sticker was pretty cheezburger goofy poo poo, so this makes sense. the regression is accelerating so Zombie Box Defender 2015 and The Terrible Secret of Spaces for Windows 365 will be legitimate, depressing products in the not too distant future

Windows Azure with Cloud Pusher Bot

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
msdn forerunners for business

program666
Aug 22, 2013

kindle Precursors for skype

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bartlebyshop posted:

Microsoft is out of touch enough that I eagerly await Windows Desu Desu.

reminder

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

Windows Azure with Cloud Pusher Bot

do you have skypes in your house?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

windows tsundere

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
is that for real

that is for real. why is that for real.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

anthonypants posted:

is that for real

that is for real. why is that for real.

because japan

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

because japan

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

sweet memory of a better windows

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Microsoft and Japan have a storied history

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

how long has ballmer been gone? is the new guy just another ballmer? how else could this still be the way things are?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ballmer was just a complication of the microsoft illness, a symptom, a bit like having blood in your urine when you have cancer.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ballmer was more the ingested lump of cadmium that gave microsoft its cancer

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

that's pulling a lot of responsibility of billg who made a lot of seriously stupid decisions, just too late to kill his company fast

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

...aaaaaand tickets are starting to come in to install Firefox or make security changes to Chrome.

so discontinued Silverlight can keep working :negative:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

SIGSEGV posted:

that's pulling a lot of responsibility of billg who made a lot of seriously stupid decisions, just too late to kill his company fast

then microsoft started out with one cancer but ballmer introduced a second one to ensure that the first one could never be treated

in evidence of this, i offer paul allen's cancer

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

...aaaaaand tickets are starting to come in to install Firefox or make security changes to Chrome.

so discontinued Silverlight can keep working :negative:
you should be thankful it's not java

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ballmer cancer lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

anthonypants posted:

you should be thankful it's not java

...i think those calls won't be long now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

thanks god my company have been putting all the money on javascript for a long time now (?)

• Locked thread