Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Crow, SA poster
s06e12 @ 03:30 -- The Starfighters

s06e12 @ 01:30 -- The Starfighters

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 13:28 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Now I'm worried what will happen if North Korea gets a copy of Kerbal Space Program.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Grey Fox posted:

Now I'm worried what will happen if North Korea gets a copy of Kerbal Space Program.

They will finally launch their missile only to have it fail a minute after launch because the batteries ran out.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Grey Fox posted:

I don't get it, it ran fine in the great simulation of the people! You remembered to add struts, right? Why did't the real thing hit the capitalistic pigs?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thank you, robot news.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
BAR-B-Q SAUCE!
s06e12 @ 04:45 -- The Starfighters

RICOCHET BAR-B-Q SAUCE!
s06e12 @ 04:45 -- The Starfighters

Where did it go?!
s06e16 @ 22:00 -- Racket Girls

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 13:30 on May 3, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

My reaction was more stunned at this one than the real life one because it meant some schlub got it right enough. Unless this is from a vid where an astro-physicist uses kerbal to explain rocket science.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Fina posted:

They will finally launch their missile only to have it fail a minute after launch because the batteries ran out.

Isn't that their current missile program?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

KoRMaK posted:

My reaction was more stunned at this one than the real life one because it meant some schlub got it right enough. Unless this is from a vid where an astro-physicist uses kerbal to explain rocket science.

There are like four separate parts, it's being manually controlled, and it doesn't have a target destination. It's a lot simpler than everything going on with the actual cruise missile. It's just "pop up, turn 90-ish degrees, go forward".

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

how dare you be so stupid

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

BAR-B-Q SAUCE!

RICOCHET BAR-B-Q SAUCE!

Where did it go?!

Man, you really love these. Am I alone in always having fast forwarded or changed the channel on the parts where they weren't sitting in the movie?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They were hit or miss for me.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

pwnyXpress posted:

Man, you really love these. Am I alone in always having fast forwarded or changed the channel on the parts where they weren't sitting in the movie?

Of all of the tapes my friend had back when I was a kid we never watched any of the stuff in between and I until relatively recently I don't remember it even being a thing or what the host/robots looked like outside of their silhouettes.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Sire Oblivion posted:

Of all of the tapes my friend had back when I was a kid we never watched any of the stuff in between and I until relatively recently I don't remember it even being a thing or what the host/robots looked like outside of their silhouettes.

How the hell could you follow the plot of the show if you skip the host segments?

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

My family did the same thing. We just didn't follow the plot of the show at all because it was dumb and boring compared to the actual riffing.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Skipping the interlude bits means you don't fully understand DEEP HURTING :colbert:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tony Bologna posted:

How the hell could you follow the plot of the show if you skip the host segments?

Because it was bad? The riffing wasn't even that great either.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
When I was a kid I hated the live action parts of the Mario show. Later I realized they were the funniest parts.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

That cat's got made game.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

pwnyXpress posted:

The Sci-Fi era host segments are pretty bad (particularly since they were forced to write a plot into the show), but I really like a lot of the Joel-era ones. They're less "we're trying to cram a weak comedy sketch into two minutes" and more often natural extensions of commentary on the movie. They weren't super hilarious or anything, but they could be interesting, like making me realize something about '60s sitcoms I'd never thought about before.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

pwnyXpress posted:

For me its several things:

1. It's hard to make an interesting gif, without text about a very small and focused section of a movie. IE: Ator's hand-glider gif isn't really significant unless you've watched the first half of the movie and/or know it's the dark ages. Same goes for "Watch out for snakes!" in Eegah!

2. Because the host sections were enjoyable for the most part. Some are very hit or miss, like the time Tom walks up to a microphone and then imitates a movie character having a nervous breakdown... for several minutes. A really good one was the Ingmar Bergman joke about Schlitz Beer, but it makes for a terrible gif.

3. The crew was good both in an out of the theater, and I like the characters in their varying situations.

There's something to be said for everyone on that show, from Frank's delivery to Forrester/Crow's puppeteering and whackyness and on to Joel's fatherly advice. Basically, skipping the host segments was/is like skipping the character development and prevents you from caring about them later on, even if it really was just a show. I should probably just relax...

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Apr 16, 2015

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
You know, I'd probably appreciate the segments more now that I'm older, I bet. It has been a while.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A majestic creature, gone too soon.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I really wish they'd port this series to PC but it's not ever going to happen :(

Everything I've seen about it makes it seem like Goat Simulator with a budget and skateboards.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Some Japanese experiments

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

:allears: Red Dead Redemption

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless