Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I got a notice on twitter about Washington's season opener on 9/4, then looked at today's date and realized god dammit we still have like five months until football season returns :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Manoueverable posted:

I got a notice on twitter about Washington's season opener on 9/4, then looked at today's date and realized god dammit we still have like five months until football season returns :negative:

http://isitcollegefootballseasonyet.com/

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Manoueverable posted:

shutupshutupshutupshutup

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I am going to spend the next five months feverishly anticipating the return of football, reaching a crescendo as it draws near, and then our season opener is going to be a loss to loving Notre Dame in South Bend. :toot:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

I am going to spend the next five months feverishly anticipating the return of football, reaching a crescendo as it draws near, and then our season opener is going to be a loss to loving Notre Dame in South Bend. :toot:

Oh god, and when they beat Texas there will be four hundred "Wake up the Echoes" articles. I'm glad I don't live in Chicago anymore.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Manoueverable posted:

plenty of time for me to put hits out to secure this years apple cup

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU beats Iowa 5-4 in softball and secures the Cy-Hawk series for the Cyclones, first time the away school has won it. Suck it, MourningView.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

We're far enough from football that I can say that Hack gonna throw for 5000 yards and PSU going to be the first 15-0 team of the modern era and it still seems possible

By September, I'll be down to 3000 and 9-4.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sash! posted:

We're far enough from football that I can say that Hack gonna throw for 5000 yards and PSU going to be the first 15-0 team of the modern era and it still seems possible

By September, I'll be down to 3000 and 9-4.

And 7-6 by December :v:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A lot of former players are doing podcasts now

http://www.huddlepass.com/#!huddlecasts/c13li

Not a ton of teams represented. Half the ACC and half the Big 10, UCLA/Wazzou/USC out of the Pac 12, and just Kansas.

List of contributors/former players
http://www.huddlepass.com/#!roster/c1uwq

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That Works posted:

And 7-6 by December :v:

If Katy Perry is good, it'll go more like 4-9 for PSU.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Manoueverable posted:

Is this where I talk about my bbq preference?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

Is this where I talk about my bbq preference?

We can talk about dry rubs or wet rubs all over our meats, if you catch my drift ;-*

my drift is that wet is better than dry any day of the week and to hell with you if you think otherwise

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

KKKLIP ART posted:

my drift is that wet is better than dry any day of the week and to hell with you if you think otherwise

drat foreigners* and their terrible smoked meats

* anyone not in Texas is foregn

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
No, BBQ chat can wait. Now's the time to post fights between EKU-UK players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhrwawlnbX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHmCfmMmb8

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

RumbleFish posted:

Army's redesign is pretty sharp, but I wish they'd brought back this guy:

They threw an unsportsmanlike conduct flag in ours when a walk-on WR held on to a catch after getting drilled between two defenders and spun the ball afterward. Let the dude have his moment, drat.

These rules are literally ruining college football.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Thoguh posted:

ISU beats Iowa 5-4 in softball and secures the Cy-Hawk series for the Cyclones, first time the away school has won it. Suck it, MourningView.

Wow

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Softball was just the game that secured it, it's for all competitions between the schools each year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

If Katy Perry is good, it'll go more like 4-9 for PSU.

I'd be very impressed if Penn State went 4-8 and got a bowl game to lose or 3-9 and won the bowl .

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Out of curiosity I switched on Sirius college sports nation this morning now that basketball is over with to see if they'd be talking about football again.

Seems like they picked up right where they left off, debating if the CFB playoff should expand to more teams... Views still the same too: Eight is too many, six would be ok, four is perfectly fine.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Scarf posted:

Out of curiosity I switched on Sirius college sports nation this morning now that basketball is over with to see if they'd be talking about football again.

Seems like they picked up right where they left off, debating if the CFB playoff should expand to more teams... Views still the same too: Eight is too many, six would be ok, four is perfectly fine.

6 is stupid, gently caress a bye week, you're just robbing people of more football.

8 is the perfect number. I think it'll move that way sooner than later.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

6 is stupid, gently caress a bye week, you're just robbing people of more football.

8 is the perfect number. I think it'll move that way sooner than later.

Yeah... Their argument against 8 was that they didn't want potentially 2-loss teams competing for a championship.

"Do you really want bad teams playing in the championship game?! The regular season won't matter anymore!"

I don't care I just want more football.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
12 seems good, each conference champion gets in and then 2 at larges.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like 4. Six is stupid because the bye seems like a double edged sword, plus people would moan about the seeding. Eight made more sense when you could basically take the top eight in the polls or all six BCS champs plus two others.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
8 sounds perfect to me. 5 spots for P5 conference champions and 3 at-larges (or, if you prefer, 1 spot for the highest-ranked G5 champion and two at-larges).

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Pakled posted:

8 sounds perfect to me. 5 spots for P5 conference champions and 3 at-larges (or, if you prefer, 1 spot for the highest-ranked G5 champion and two at-larges).

I agree with this. That way pretty much everyone gets what they want.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Have the last two be something incredibly silly. The team who scored the most points and the team who allowed the least points throughout the season are automatically included in the playoff.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I still want a losers playoff, 8 worst record teams, and maybe go for points scored or allowed if there has to be some arbitrary tiebreaker to pick teams. If you win you are knocked out of the playoff so the teams that are literally the worst make the final 2, losing team "wins" the honor of being the absolute worst team in college football. Make them play it at some lovely midwest mill town that has languished since the plant closed, like Flint or something like that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

how did the baseball series go

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Pakled posted:

This is my ideal scenario, but I would be ok with 6 teams too if it means that the P5 conference champs are automatically in. The Bye would be dumb, but it'd be worth it. Plus it would reward teams for finishing the year as one of the top two teams so the whole (dumb) "The regular season doesn't matter!" argument would have even less weight to it.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

using college baseball in an argument should be bannable imo

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Democratic Pirate posted:

Have the last two be something incredibly silly. The team who scored the most points and the team who allowed the least points throughout the season are automatically included in the playoff.

The team in the top 25 that goes for it on fourth down the most.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Slate Action posted:

GT's not going to be ranked in the top 25 enough for that to pay off.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Slate Action posted:

It's unethical to suggest a category that your team will always be the best in. :colbert:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Most American Team

We need somebody in the playoff every year that represents our great nation's highest ideals, such as camo uniforms and american flags and poo poo like that.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Slots seven and eight are just the iron bowl

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Raku posted:

Slots seven and eight are just the iron bowl

If no group of five champ is in the top 20 then slot six is a team of all star retirees.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

It's unethical to suggest a category that your team will always be the best in. :colbert:

Punting is a disease. I'm just trying to find a cure.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

ISU still wins it if Iowa got points for baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

I still want a losers playoff, 8 worst record teams, and maybe go for points scored or allowed if there has to be some arbitrary tiebreaker to pick teams. If you win you are knocked out of the playoff so the teams that are literally the worst make the final 2, losing team "wins" the honor of being the absolute worst team in college football. Make them play it at some lovely midwest mill town that has languished since the plant closed, like Flint or something like that.

I support any plan that gives my team postseason hopes.

• Locked thread