Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

program666 posted:

thanks god my company have been putting all the money on javascript for a long time now (?)

this makes you part of the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

pearson still uses java for testnav, which the state-mandated tests in texas use for online testing. pearson sent out instructions last month on allowing npapi plugins to still run in chrome, and said they'd figure out something when the door finally gets welded shut in sept

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dolomite posted:

pearson still uses java for testnav, which the state-mandated tests in texas use for online testing. pearson sent out instructions last month on allowing npapi plugins to still run in chrome, and said they'd figure out something when the door finally gets welded shut in sept
lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Wheany posted:

i had skype and skype for desktop intalled on my laptop and got a call. answered it in the "desktop" app and the metro one kept on ringing.
i still have no idea when i'm displaying as "away" or "online" to all of my contacts because skype on different devices will show different statuses

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Personally, I'm still waiting for the Big Mac OS X

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

Personally, I'm still waiting for the Big Mac OS X

first 3 versions will be overloaded with bread and be slow to get out of the kitchen

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Big Mac OS X Public Beta

the meat will be pinstriped and also crash every 30 seconds

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dolomite posted:

pearson is such garbage

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Bloody posted:

program666 posted:

thanks god my company have been putting all the money on javascript for a long time now (?)
this makes you part of the problem

all we are are regretful decisions in the wind

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm not sure there are "correct" decisions in IT. There isn't a good technology to go with, they're all bad.

Only my dentist does IT right.

By not doing IT, instead opting for a handwritten ledger for scheduling and a typewriter for bills

pram
Jun 10, 2001

in japan you can choose between the sassy and sweet version of windows

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lo microsoft is bringing halo to ios

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

for half a second i thought you meant they were porting halo1/2 to the iPad

no, the truth is of course even crazier

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

duTrieux. posted:

what really

this is a new low

a halow if you will

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i think you'll find its more of a ha-high

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i never owned an xbox or halo but i played i in my friends dorm room on pc and my fav thing in that game was getting the jeep inside the enemy respawn and driving back and forth worldspawning ppl until they left the server or called me racial slurs

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i keep realizing i had more fun with shooters before every multiplayer thing needed xp levelups and weapon drops

basically now i own a mac and haven't given a poo poo about multiplayer shooters since about 2008

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Phoenixan posted:

i keep realizing i had more fun with shooters before every multiplayer thing needed xp levelups and weapon drops

basically now i own a mac and haven't given a poo poo about multiplayer shooters since about 2008

games were better before they were jobs

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

univbee posted:

games were better before they were jobs

truth

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:nsa:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol

is that a question on some ms exam?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Beeftweeter posted:

lol

is that a question on some ms exam?

It's from a practice test for the MVC exam. Either that or its a recruitment test and and I answered wrongly

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

jre posted:

It's from a practice test for the MVC exam. Either that or its a recruitment test and and I answered wrongly

was there a "nothing because that is morally and ethically wrong" option

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Beeftweeter posted:

Strangely not. I'm the citizen controller.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

is this like how the technically correct answer to the "how would you move mt. fuji" question is "start by killing every last japanese person because there is no way in hell they'll let me do it without a fight because that's like desecrating jesus' corpse to them"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

is this like how
i like how

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

duTrieux. posted:

wasn't Halo supposed to be a MacOS exclusive originally?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes like marathon

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

did any of the halos have that wildlife they showed off at macworld

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

univbee posted:

is this like how the technically correct answer to the "how would you move mt. fuji" question is "start by killing every last japanese person because there is no way in hell they'll let me do it without a fight because that's like desecrating jesus' corpse to them"

oh easy, just move the entire thing https://youtu.be/ykElO4ze1HU?t=28

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

univbee posted:

change the english name to fujisan and rename another mountain mt fuji. its the microsoft way

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

change the english name to fujisan and rename another mountain mt fuji. its the microsoft way

Mt Fuji for business

pram
Jun 10, 2001
BING UP YOUR rear end!!

BURIES THE COMPETITION

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

BING UP YOUR rear end!!

BURIES THE COMPETITION

these are fake tho right

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

analysts were simply unable to believe that microsoft was capable of making a mobile os so unappealing that it would perform even worse than winmo

qirex fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 16, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

jre posted:

you're everything we expect from years of government training.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pram posted:

BING UP YOUR rear end!!

BURIES THE COMPETITION

and people still commission these reports.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

and people still commission these reports.

most people who use them are typically just looking for a report that agrees with a business case they're writing up so there's demand for any dumb conclusion

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

pram posted:

BING UP YOUR rear end!!

BURIES THE COMPETITION

the person who made this got a bonus equal to what a city's worth of fast food workers make in a year lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Snapchat A Titty posted:

did any of the halos have that wildlife they showed off at macworld

the original halo didn't have any wildlife, but in one level if you stand in the right spot you can hear the SFX left over from one.

• Locked thread