Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Slackerish posted:

Andy Daly was on Speakeasy today and announced that he's actually doing a second season of the podcast project :)
Return of the best podcast theme song in the business!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Praying for The Travel Bug PT (Part Two).

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Back To 99 posted:

Praying for The Travel Bug PT (Part Two).

The Travel Bug ep and the Patrick McMahon ep could arguably be GOAT podcast episodes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Zsinjeh posted:

Hey Jerkface come back to Hollywood Handbook, you would be great for a listener call in episode they started doing again

I havent been able to listen to podcasts lately, how is the call in for Hollywood handbook? I think i have a pretty good gimmick for if I called in.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Jerkface posted:

I havent been able to listen to podcasts lately, how is the call in for Hollywood handbook? I think i have a pretty good gimmick for if I called in.
The latest one was just 2 episodes ago, though mainly because a guest had to cancel. HH has really stepped up their game in comparison to RSS and it's really been hitting a stride. I think if you post on the Earwolf forums again mentioning a call in it might be sooner, or pm them maybe. I recall them missing you in their final RSS shoutout episode thanking all their fans.
Maybe a post in their forums saying you're around for a call or something. A new Han Luke Picard character for HH could be pretty great.
http://forum.earwolf.com/forum/57-hollywood-handbook/
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/listeners-again-our-close-friends/ - latest call in, Bruce Reid, Chanson and some other RSS people you probably recognize there

Beeez
May 28, 2012
How is it hitting it's stride? I haven't listened to the last ten episodes but they say the exact same jokes over and over again.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Let's all give opinions on podcasts we don't listen to.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Beeez posted:

How is it hitting it's stride? I haven't listened to the last ten episodes but they say the exact same jokes over and over again.
Their numbers on soundcloud have been going up and people like you are posting bad opinions

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

IT'S BEEN AWHILE since we had an opinion this bad.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

I agree. Nothing annoyed me more than hearing "Speak on that" over and over.

Power of Pecota posted:

Speak on that.
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 16, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

it's been

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Omnishambles posted:

I agree. Nothing annoyed me more than hearing "Speak on that" over and over.

Speak on that.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Let's all give opinions on podcasts we don't listen to.

I've listened to almost every episode, the fact that I had to take a break doesn't change my ability to judge it for the other 60-something episodes.

Zsinjeh posted:

Their numbers on soundcloud have been going up and people like you are posting bad opinions

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

IT'S BEEN AWHILE since we had an opinion this bad.

Hey, have Hayes and Sean ever talked about what big nerds they are? Or "hilariously" misunderstood every bit of news they discuss in the exact same way for months and months?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Zsinjeh posted:

it's been

a worthy uh

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm glad Scott retires most of the repetitive jokes right before I can't stand them anymore. The only one that really went on way, way too long was his inability to say the show's name - I just never felt like it had a point. Though I do wish he'd bring back asking how much his guests make, it makes everyone so uncomfortable in the best possible way.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Beeez posted:

"hilariously"

Sarcastic quote marks.... drat.... can I try.... "Yowza, this guy's a fresh, heavy hitter, comedy-wise. I better listen to the opinions ."

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
You see, it's a pile of discarded would you rathers. Not a pile like a woodpile that you plan to use some day.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Sarcastic quote marks.... drat.... can I try.... "Yowza, this guy's a fresh, heavy hitter, comedy-wise. I better listen to the opinions ."

Classics are classics for a reason. I wasn't trying to be funny, I was expressing my annoyance with the bits they do over and over.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I'm glad Scott retires most of the repetitive jokes right before I can't stand them anymore. The only one that really went on way, way too long was his inability to say the show's name - I just never felt like it had a point. Though I do wish he'd bring back asking how much his guests make, it makes everyone so uncomfortable in the best possible way.

"What number are you on the call sheet?" is quickly becoming the new "How much do you make before taxes?"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
and I love it :allears:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah I love all the jokes everyone hates and comedy is subjective therefore they are funny cool I'm glad we all agree. The new Hollywood Handbook was great.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Riptor posted:

a worthy uh

what

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I listened to 60 episodes of a podcast I don't like.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Paul Scheer is going to be in a movie with Nic Cage.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The Black List Table Reads just debuted with Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas, Lauren Lapkus, Matt Walsh, and others reading some apparently infamous script called "BALLS OUT". It's pretty funny so far.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I listened to 60 episodes of a podcast I don't like.

I loved The Reality Show Show, and I liked Hollywood Handbook for a while though it never hit those heights. Once it really started to wear on me I stuck with it for a while longer, and eventually stopped listening. Are those good enough credentials for me to say certain bits wore thin, officer?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Beeez posted:

I loved The Reality Show Show, and I liked Hollywood Handbook for a while though it never hit those heights. Once it really started to wear on me I stuck with it for a while longer, and eventually stopped listening. Are those good enough credentials for me to say certain bits wore thin, officer?
STOP RESISTING, HE'S GOT A GUN

Beeez
May 28, 2012
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, actually Hollywood Handbook is good and smart and funny and isn't that interesting? Can I go now?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
and good.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Reformed Pissboy posted:

The Black List Table Reads just debuted with Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas, Lauren Lapkus, Matt Walsh, and others reading some apparently infamous script called "BALLS OUT". It's pretty funny so far.
Here's hoping this podcast ends up doing Rocky Vs. Rambo and that script Aziz mentioned in his eulogy for Harris

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Love it so far. It'll be a bit frustrating week-to-week in increments of 4. My attention span didn't do particularly well with Nerd Poker, the only other story told over multiple weeks podcast that I can think of.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Beeez posted:

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, actually Hollywood Handbook is good and smart and funny and isn't that interesting?

Speak on that.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Who was the person Besser was talking about at his show that brought all the high school kids?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The image of Besser trying to enthuse a room full of 14 year olds about Hillary was the funniest thing out of that I4H.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I've begun accidentally calling movie previews "teasers" without even thinking about it or meaning to do it and now people think I'm weird.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tacier posted:

I've begun accidentally calling movie previews "teasers" without even thinking about it or meaning to do it and now people think I'm weird.

Well, it's the standard industry term. It's everyone else who has the problem.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Here's hoping this podcast ends up doing Rocky Vs. Rambo and that script Aziz mentioned in his eulogy for Harris

Every single snippet Aziz posted of that script was great. I could practically hear Danny McBride saying "Dropping twos with my underwear on? I've lost my Goddamn mind...or have I," and I've simply gotta to know what the Hanes executive's question about Shidderz is.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

FordPRefectLL posted:

Who was the person Besser was talking about at his show that brought all the high school kids?

I don't know but he's really hell-bent on Twitter that if you criticize Hillary even a little, it means you're automatically spouting Koch Brother talking points. And:

https://twitter.com/MattBesser/status/588537690947096576

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Well, while in all fairness while the things I personally don't like about Hillary could fill pages, Benghazi and the state department emails are straight up Koch brother peddled non-issues.

On the other hand, Besser is the poster child for comedians who I really like but have to tune out sometimes when they try to talk seriously about politics or history or science and get it all wrong. Blowing off internet people for tweeting Fox News nonsense at him is petty but understandable though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It is a shame that Besser is consistently the worst improviser on I4H. His moves are so rote and stock and his initiations are so boring. Oh, another scene where everyone gets to pitch you ideas for a new X and you get to shoot them down? Great.

My favorite guests are definitely Ben Schwartz, Jon Gabrus, John Gemberling, and Paul Rust. Any episode with one or more of them is guaranteed to have an instant classic scene in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
that's a good list but add brian huskey