Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
What is the SD club? What VIP are they bodyguarding?! Tell me, Zack!!

These poses would be really great for the select screen of a Paranatural fighting game.

e: I just noticed hair kid's t-shirt says "WEBCOMICS". Makes sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Roland Jones posted:

Short hair, t-shirt and pants, sometimes hat. Yep, Max's design is pretty subdued.

Also, Lisa is great. I wonder who she's pointing at; it looked like she might have spotted the VP. Or maybe she's menacing science kid there; that would explain the latter's expression.

Is that really Lisa? They look similar but I thought Lisa had eyelashes drawn on and her making a weird face doesn't make sense based on what little we know about her character

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
My god, this page is so crammed with tiny little wonderful things.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Whitenoise Poster posted:

If Paranatural was an anime it'd be one of the few where it'd be hard to play "Spot the protagonist in the classroom."

Now I really want to play this game with someone using today's page.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Roland Jones posted:

Or maybe she's menacing science kid there; that would explain the latter's expression.

Nah, that appears to be the only expression science kid has: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=127

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

readingatwork posted:

They'd pick Johnny :unsmigghh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'd go Izzy, Johnny has a pretty clear antagonist look to him.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

readingatwork posted:

Shockodile dude with spiky blue-black hair doing a 'come on' gesture with his finger is rating pretty high on the scale

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They wouldn't be wrong.

Also WEBCOMICS kid is totally super saiyan Issac. His eyebrows are even little lightning bolts.

I also really like "prefers science class" girl.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Or Ed.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Has Isabel even spoken to Ed since he ditched her at her grandpa's?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Has Isabel even spoken to Ed since he ditched her at her grandpa's?

Barely. (last two panels)

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Oh Christ I just realized the "eyes" are the Vice Principal's nostrils.

I remember posting this here ages ago:

It was right in front of us all along

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

flatluigi posted:

People whose deals I want to know:

The faux-government-agent look combined with the SC logo leads me to suspect they are members of the Student Council.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Just noticed one of his eyebrows is white, in addition to the lightning flash on the side of his head. Truly Mayview is the most anime of all highschools (even including that Japanese high school in America that whomp guy is writing about)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ProfessorProf posted:

The faux-government-agent look combined with the SC logo leads me to suspect they are members of the Student Council.

Clearly they're just members of the Spender fan Club.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Lisa's the most intimidating one on that page.

All the other kids' expressions say, at worst, "I will destroy you." Lisa's says, "Destroying you is just the beginning."

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Maduo posted:

There is not a fully rendered character there whose deal I do not want to know.
Well there's a couple that seem to be generic children. Like the girl directly below Burnhound's head. Unless there's a second character that there's some sort of gimmick to match?

I wonder if there's a group like Johnny's on his team. Lightning eyebrows/hair (taking Johnny's fire theme), Doors Suck guy, and maybe a couple others. There's the kid doing the same hand gesture as Johnny is, too.

And I just realized that Isabelle is fighting a team of hounds.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Oxxidation posted:

Lisa's the most intimidating one on that page.

All the other kids' expressions say, at worst, "I will destroy you." Lisa's says, "Destroying you is just the beginning."
I didn't even read her expression in words. To me, it was just a more purposeful :shepface:

Terrifying.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Terrifying.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Someone needs to make an avatar that swooshes back and forth between a bunch of the kids from each team, ending on a slow zoom-in on that :stare: face.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Dumb thing:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Hempuli posted:

Dumb thing:
oh dear god

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
So I don't remember seeing this brought up, but does anybody else think the team names might be a hint at Isabel's new spirit?

Forge is a fire spirit, Johnny's team is the Burnhounds. Maybe Isabel's got an electricity leaning spirit now? A weather spirit would fit with the tool being an umbrella, not that that means much, and it could make more tensions between the team and Isaac.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 16, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh god. :stare:

It's the hand that just gets me because it looks exactly like she's controlling it like a puppet.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shindragon posted:

It's the hand that just gets me because it looks exactly like she's controlling it like a puppet.

That explains the chapter's cover page, then.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shindragon posted:

She is.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Never before have I seen a comic which has such loving attention to background details.

Like the cash register in THESE TWO pages, the characters in the gym, and so on and so forth.

Zack has crazy talent.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Brannock posted:

That explains the chapter's cover page, then.

did you forget about the puppet spirit controlling jeff

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
And he keeps getting better, too. Even the beginning of the last chapter doesn't look nearly as good as the comic does now.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I know i should be cheering for Isabel and Max, but I cant help but cheer for Nate Murnite and his Doors Suck shirt.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eorSEMX65mw

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

khy posted:

Never before have I seen a comic which has such loving attention to background details.

Like the cash register in THESE TWO pages, the characters in the gym, and so on and so forth.

Zack has crazy talent.

Ok, I think I might be missing something here because I can't really tell what it is that you're pointing out about the cash register there. Not that I disagree with what you're saying about the background details in general, I think it's one of the most endearing aspects of the comic. I really like Zack's style as well as the way it's grown and improved as the comic progresses, but all I'm seeing in those two pages is a plain old cash register.

(I swear I'm not trying to be a dick, so forgive me if that's how I'm coming across, I just can't think of another way to ask)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Mentalizer posted:

Ok, I think I might be missing something here because I can't really tell what it is that you're pointing out about the cash register there. Not that I disagree with what you're saying about the background details in general, I think it's one of the most endearing aspects of the comic. I really like Zack's style as well as the way it's grown and improved as the comic progresses, but all I'm seeing in those two pages is a plain old cash register.

(I swear I'm not trying to be a dick, so forgive me if that's how I'm coming across, I just can't think of another way to ask)

Max's dad's antics in the first comic, which look like they should knock the cash register off the counter, in fact did so, as we see in the second comic, though. It's just a silly background thing.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Oh man, I never saw that.

Edit: And he fell over the counter.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Roland Jones posted:

Max's dad's antics in the first comic, which look like they should knock the cash register off the counter, in fact did so, as we see in the second comic, though. It's just a silly background thing.

Gotcha. That's what I originally thought he meant, but for some reason I kept thinking that I must be missing some kind of crazy detail in the register itself or something like that. Thanks for clearing that up, I'm just gonna go ahead and blame my temporary thickness on lack of sleep.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Things like these make me simultaneously sad and grateful that the avatar fairy hasn't come into the Paranatural thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
drat this page. I just got a new avatar!