Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

Therion posted:

Time works the same way.

drink as time passes by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

"I had somebody summarize their idea of Atlas Shrugged (because gently caress reading that many pages myself) and learned words like Bitcoin and Gold Standard, and now I solved the problem of moneys." (proceeds to not get that "money decaying" is literally the same as inflation, which the Gold Standard and Bitcoin are partly invented to avoid.)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This almost makes bitcoins seem like a good idea in comparison.

:wtc:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

quote:

Risks and challenges

There are massive hurdles to actually releasing on mainnet. Many of these are legal.

Truly a bitcoin project.

quote:

Is this a pyramid scheme?

No. Of course many will argue that the Federal Reserve Note system(dollars) is a pyramid scheme and this is based on USD, so it depends on if you think the US government is running a pyramid scheme or not.

:stare:

I...what?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

quote:

Are you insane? Are you on drugs?

I promise I’m not. I regularly check with those that I love to make sure I haven’t gone off the deep end. In 1999 Peter Thiel and Elon Musk started paypal with “The initial goal of PayPal was to create a new Internet currency to replace the U.S. dollar.” (From Thiel’s 0 to 1)

Now I may be insane for think I can accomplish what those guys have, but I’m pretty sure that the money we use now won’t be the money we use in 100 years. We went off the gold standard only 44 years ago and that was arguably a bigger change to money than this.
You know you have a good project when the FAQ has a question like this. :cawg:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spaced God posted:

You know you have a good project when the FAQ has a question like this. :cawg:

Well, it probably was frequently asked.

I also like how his whole plan is to base the economy on Canadian Tire Dollars

Also, I remember in 1998, Greg McLemore started Pets.com with the "objective is to become one of the world's leading retailers of pet products" (From their IPO filing)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, I remember in 1998, Greg McLemore started Pets.com with the "objective is to become one of the world's leading retailers of pet products" (From their IPO filing)
For want of a viable business plan other than stock a lot of pet products in a warehouse, he would have succeeded, too. At least the sock puppet lived ignominiously as a discount auto insurance shill for a while longer.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
That reminds me of that goon who keeps making all those long lovely posts about attention based crypto currency.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
In speaking of religion, CHRISTIANS need COMPUTERS too.

At least this guy won't have to kickstart a novel—it's already up there! :haw:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Noyemi K posted:

There are patent submissions and stuff. :stare:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Noyemi K posted:

This person sorely needs some help with their mental health.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Noyemi K posted:

There's already a Christian OS, though.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

This person sorely needs some help with their mental health.

I'm pretty sure somebody just dumped the bayesian training data from an email spam filter into Kickstarter.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Crust First posted:

There's already a Christian OS, though.

His last thread on SA is basically required reading.

He's so out of his mind he loops back to boring.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Remember that legally-dubious show about a bunch of internet weirdos entrapping people for entertainment under the guise of justice? You know, the one that didn't actually get very many convictions, was widely criticized and rejected by actual law enforcement, and is directly responsible for multiple suicides?

It's back, in Kickstarter form!

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM

Noyemi K posted:

:psypop: What the hell did I just read?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Question: has any kickstarter for someone's youtube let's playing career/twitch streaming career been successful? And by that I don't just mean funded, but if one had been, did the KSer actually live up even remotely to those grandiose promises?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Noyemi K posted:

did the KSer actually live up even remotely to those grandiose promises?
Given that it's Kickstarter I'm going to say "no".

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

He's too late to this idea. I drove past a place called Computers For Christ in South Carolina.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

moerketid posted:

He's too late to this idea. I drove past a place called Computers For Christ in South Carolina.
http://www.biblebytebooks.com/Pages...l-Students.aspx

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

Remember that legally-dubious show about a bunch of internet weirdos entrapping people for entertainment under the guise of justice? You know, the one that didn't actually get very many convictions, was widely criticized and rejected by actual law enforcement, and is directly responsible for multiple suicides?

TCAP rules.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I bought the $2000 Wrap Party backing level, but Hansen told me to show up to the party with a six pack of Smirnoff ice and I got suspicious.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Noyemi K posted:

I am so confused by this.

And check out SCRIPTURE_CORRELATION.pdf from his website, showing links between lines in the Bible to his crazypants operating system or whatever!
http://www.symbolmatrix.com/SCRIPTURE_CORRELATION.pdf

It has some helpful graphics in it

:psyduck:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
His graphics are pretty clean and well done I'm jealous

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

He puts the 10 commandments out of order, and then even with that ordering he mixes the order of 'do not lie' and 'do not covet' when he lists 'Concise 10 Commandments' several of which are longer than the original.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Noyemi K posted:

:wtc:

HJE-Cobra posted:

I am so confused by this.

quote:

He has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, having dealt with mental health issues since the mid-1990s.

Be confused no more.

Sleeveless posted:

TCAP is basically the most schadenfreude show to ever exist on mainstream television. Its horrible, but its like a trainwreck you can't stop watching.

Something tells me that kickstartered-internet-to-catch-a-predator is a really bad idea. But I guess they'd still work with law enforcement officers like they always do, so that everything is on the up-and-up?

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 17:24 on Apr 17, 2015

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

Something tells me that kickstartered-internet-to-catch-a-predator is a really bad idea. But I guess they'd still work with law enforcement officers like they always do, so that everything is on the up-and-up?

it's pretty novel to start with the predators and work backwards

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

I'm beginning to think that Chris Hansen's aggressive search for "predators" is in fact, covering for his own predation... ever noticed how you've never seen Chris Hansen and a convicted lion in the same room?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Noyemi K posted:

I'm beginning to think that Chris Hansen's aggressive search for "predators" is in fact, covering for his own predation... ever noticed how you've never seen Chris Hansen and a convicted lion in the same room?

You know that Chris Hansen was caught on a hidden camera cheating on his wife, right?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

That's funny ha-ha, but unless he was cheating with a 15 year-old it's not really funny uh-oh.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Phanatic posted:

You know that Chris Hansen was caught on a hidden camera cheating on his wife, right?

So did anyone ask him to have a seat in some place?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

So did anyone ask him to have a seat in some place?

yeah at the divorce lawyer's office

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

TCAP is basically the most schadenfreude show to ever exist on mainstream television. Its horrible, but its like a trainwreck you can't stop watching.
No it's actually really easy to stop watching GBS the TV Show.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Germstore posted:

That's funny ha-ha, but unless he was cheating with a 15 year-old it's not really funny uh-oh.

She's 30, but she is 20 years his junior. That's a big gap but Its not illegal or anything remotely like the dudes on his show, though.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Wonder what the most effortless KS idea you could think of is.

Marginally better, but only because you have to do the art yourself

I too did a WACKY and ZANY comic about living food once... I was 12.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Misread that as Hansen vs. the Predator. The Predator has been in worse crossovers, honestly.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:

OldMemes posted:

Misread that as Hansen vs. the Predator. The Predator has been in worse crossovers, honestly.

So, what you've been planning to do with Arnold Schwarzenegger?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Therion posted:

So, what you've been planning to do with Arnold Schwarzenegger?

No-one ever thinks of Predator 2.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zaphod42 posted:

She's 30, but she is 20 years his junior. That's a big gap but Its not illegal or anything remotely like the dudes on his show, though.

Breaks the half-plus-seven rule, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jedit posted:

Breaks the half-plus-seven rule, though.

Not great at math, are we?