Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

The developers who added in a strawman militant feminist antigamer enemy to their game might have a misogynistic streak, who could have guessed?

I dunno, I'll have to check their Twitter to really know what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Avira's goal in life appears to be fufilling every stereotype of a transgender goon, and by god is she doing an admirable job of it. Shine on you crazy diamond. :patriot:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
She isn't wrong here, but it was plenty obvious before Twitter was even invented.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Arivia posted:

Let's not forget that Adrian Chmeliarz and the rest of the Running With Scissors have been ardent supporters of GamerGate

Get your facts straight. Adrian Chmielarz was never a part of RWS, he started in Metropolis, then went to create People Can Fly, and now is a part of The Astronauts (of Vanishing of Ethan Carter). The rest is true, sadly, but I'm drawing the line here and not continuing this discussion.

Rottking aka Pordontae finally released the beta version of his silly Metal Slug Doom mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQK93iIHzE

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

laserghost posted:

Get your facts straight. Adrian Chmielarz was never a part of RWS, he started in Metropolis, then went to create People Can Fly, and now is a part of The Astronauts (of Vanishing of Ethan Carter). The rest is true, sadly, but I'm drawing the line here and not continuing this discussion.

Rottking aka Pordontae finally released the beta version of his silly Metal Slug Doom mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQK93iIHzE

Oh, my bad. I saw him posting Postal 2 stuff in his tweets "to get back against the evil SJWs" and made a wrong connection. So they're both misogynists, but unconnected.

It's worth pointing out this sort of stuff so we don't support hateful people. Parody feminist enemies are in bad taste but not necessarily misogynist. Like the elves in that Duke 3D expansion pack for example.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Jesus loving Christ please let this not turn into the Brutal Doom discussion again.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Holy gently caress, nobody cares about social issues in this thread. Keep your weird loving obsession with patrolling rancid video game developer beliefs to your own cork conspiracy board.

This thread is for Early FPSes and shooters. Hence, let us shoot things in the early age of the first person genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EM72FplAic

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

closeted republican posted:

Avira's goal in life appears to be fufilling every stereotype of a transgender goon, and by god is she doing an admirable job of it. Shine on you crazy diamond. :patriot:

it's not like anything she's saying is wrong

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

MONKET posted:

Holy gently caress, nobody cares about social issues in this thread. Keep your weird loving obsession with patrolling rancid video game developer beliefs to your own cork conspiracy board.

This thread is for Early FPSes and shooters. Hence, let us shoot things in the early age of the first person genre.

In Postal 2 I try to piss in as many people's mouths as possible until they puke.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 17, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MONKET posted:

Postal 2 is such a completely hot loving mess of a game that you can put a true fact like "well it's pretty misogynistic" in the context of a video where you're throwing around corpses while pissing and making everyone around you puke and I just cannot get mad about that

MONKET posted:

Keep your weird loving obsession with patrolling rancid video game developer beliefs to your own cork conspiracy board.

No hang on, I want to see if John Romero is a poo poolord in addition to being a shithead. How about Derek Smart?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MONKET posted:

There's nothing "cork conspiracy board" about it. Issues of oppression and inclusion matter in every community and media, even if it's a thread where we spend most of our time talking about one 20 year old game. This is important for EVERYTHING.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

John Carmack's social opinions you only maybe get by mining his twitter account actually aren't important for anything

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The whole loving point of the Postal series is to offend people with things like using cats as supressors. Osama clones attacking a church and doing Indian chants, massacring anti-video game protesters, and pissing in a teenage girl's mouth. If youre raging about how RWS are gross shitlords and try to call them out, congratulations, you've done exactly what they want you to do; get pissed off.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

The whole loving point of the Postal series is to offend people with things like using cats as supressors. Osama clones attacking a church and doing Indian chants, massacring anti-video game protesters, and pissing in a teenage girl's mouth. If youre raging about how RWS are gross shitlords and try to call them out, congratulations, you've done exactly what they want you to do; get pissed off.

and 10+ years too late.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man, what puppetmasters. They sure did pull our strings.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

If you guys really don't care then maybe you could just ignore the posts and not drag the conversation on and on? Just a thought.

Anyway here's a nice video by Kins

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

*beats fists against computer monitor* stop it! stop trying to talk about context and society and irl poo poo!!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Brovstin posted:

If you guys really don't care then maybe you could just ignore the posts and not drag the conversation on and on? Just a thought.

buildengine.flv

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Brovstin posted:

It's beautiful.

Now we just need one to portray the steroid-fueled wall-clipping used in speedruns.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I never thought I'd see the day that grown people were sincerely defending Postal's bargain basement gameplay and sub-South Park Fanfiction level of humor.

What next, someone claiming Extreme Paintbrawl is the best shooter of the late 90s/early 2000s?

Nintendo Kid fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 17, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Arivia posted:

Let's not forget that Adrian Chmeliarz and the rest of the Running With Scissors have been ardent supporters of GamerGate for months and have supported the stalking, harassment, et cetera in order to push women and other marginalized groups out of gaming. If you want proof of that, you're welcome to look at his Twitter account approximately whenever.

Don't buy Postal 2, don't support misogynists.

You're talking about a poo poo game made by douchebags for douchebags for the express purpose of being as vulgar, tasteless, disgusting, and offensive as possible, were you seriously expecting them to not support Gamergate?

Postal 2 is unfunny and terrible, don't play it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Woolie Wool posted:

Postal 2 is unfunny and terrible, don't play it.

Eh, it has its moments.

Most of them involving the gasoline can weapon.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vakal posted:

Eh, it has its moments.

Most of them involving the gasoline can weapon.

Oh man, I loved the gasoline can.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh man, I loved the gasoline can.

If you beat the game once, you can unlock the ability to set people on fire with your piss. It is glorious being a peeing god of death that's turning a town into an inferno with your urine.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Is brutal doom 2.0 out yet

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Is brutal doom 2.0 out yet

Can I use cheat codes with it?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Postal 2 is loving dumb and the shooting is mediocre but I love it anyways. The boomerang machete, urine mechanics, and terrible jokes make my inner edgy 13 year-old giggle like a schoolgirl. The Dude's voice acting brings a smile to my face. Totally paying full price for the expansion to support RWS so they can continue to produce horrible poo poo.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

laserghost posted:

Just because there's no peer reviewed source that states that Adrian Chmielarz worked on Postal 2 doesn't mean that he didn't work on it, it just means that there's no evidence of it. That's it. Listen and believe.

Arivia posted:

Oh, my bad. I saw him posting Postal 2 stuff in his tweets "to get back against the evil SJWs" and made a wrong connection. So they're both misogynists, but unconnected.

It's worth pointing out this sort of stuff so we don't support hateful people. Parody feminist enemies are in bad taste but not necessarily misogynist. Like the elves in that Duke 3D expansion pack for example.
Frankly, given your definition of "hateful people" is "said a misogynistic thing once but I can't find any proof" and "someone I thought worked on a game but it turns out I was wrong" I'm going to be utterly surprised if your approved whitelist of Good Not Problematic Game Devs isn't a blank slate.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 17, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Postal 2 is loving dumb and the shooting is mediocre but I love it anyways. The boomerang machete, urine mechanics, and terrible jokes make my inner edgy 13 year-old giggle like a schoolgirl. The Dude's voice acting brings a smile to my face. Totally paying full price for the expansion to support RWS so they can continue to produce horrible poo poo.

I like Postal 2 because it's stupid fun and the ways you can tackle your objectives. I'm hoping to do a pacifist run soon to see how different it is compared to shooting everybody up.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Arivia posted:

There's nothing "cork conspiracy board" about it. Issues of oppression and inclusion matter in every community and media, even if it's a thread where we spend most of our time talking about one 20 year old game. This is important for EVERYTHING.

Have you gotten your 15 minutes yet? Are you done pretending to actually care about issues yet? Nobody really believes you give a rat's rear end about any issue you speak of, nor does anyone believe the same for all the other tweenyboppers you stand for. get dunk'd nerd.

Also Postal 2 is good and still pretty fun.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I followed the Postal 2 development closely because, as a highschool aged white male with a penchant for nu-metal and a crude/rude 'tude, I was the poster child for the target demo. But I never ended up buying the game until it came to Steam in the last year or so.

What I did do, however, is listen to an entirely unreasonable amount of the band Ph8, which was featured on the soundtrack and in several "Making Of" videos. I was just able to pick a song off a Youtube search from a vaguely familiar title, listen to four seconds of it, and instantly know "Oh yeah, that's the song from when they hung out with Gary Coleman on an automatic weapons range!"

These are the things my bad brain has seen fit to remember.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Colon Semicolon posted:

Have you gotten your 15 minutes yet? Are you done pretending to actually care about issues yet? Nobody really believes you give a rat's rear end about any issue you speak of, nor does anyone believe the same for all the other tweenyboppers you stand for. get dunk'd nerd.

Also Postal 2 is good and still pretty fun.

i, too, thought fight club was thought-provoking

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i, too, thought fight club was thought-provoking

Wait, people hate fight club now?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SwissCM posted:

Wait, people hate fight club now?

I think people hate rabid Fight Club fans, those armchair anarchists.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

I hate fights and clubbing. I like to sit down and read books. Does that count?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I've literally never seen Fight Club so the reference is lost on me.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

TerminusEst13 posted:

I hate fights and clubbing. I like to sit down and read books. Does that count?

I have a Bradygames guide for Postal 2 you can read.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
every now and then i get an urge to replay AVP Classic and i get a level in and then i'm like "oh poo poo this game has facehuggers" and all the childhood PTSD from those horrible little fuckers comes rushing back and i'm uninstalling it all like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I want to like AVP Classic more than I actually do. I dunno, whenever I play it it's like, ok, I should absolutely love it, but it just leaves me cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

LORD OF BUTT posted:

every now and then i get an urge to replay AVP Classic and i get a level in and then i'm like "oh poo poo this game has facehuggers" and all the childhood PTSD from those horrible little fuckers comes rushing back and i'm uninstalling it all like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

AVP gave me the gaming equivalent of the yips