Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Node posted:

The newbie zones are going to get instanced depending on load which I think is stupid. The classic experience was having players everywhere.

And I just thought of something, what the gently caress is going to happen to East Commonlands tunnel auctioning? You can't do that poo poo with multiple instances of it running.

We'll get the chat channels so shouldn't be that much of an issue since you can switch instances if required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

:lol: they are supposedly banning everybody who bought something on the store yesterday, lots of people on test bitching about it and the email sent

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

:lol: they are supposedly banning everybody who bought something on the store yesterday, lots of people on test bitching about it and the email sent

:(

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Yep just got the email on the one account I did it on, not even a suspension straight to permanent ban. All your fault for telling me about it.

Between you and DBG saying people "exploited" the market place by clicking the Buy button I am comfortable in thinking I am in no way responsible for this happening

The account only had a 80 SK I was doing progression on it but I think Im done anyway, with karael and dijital quitting it was usually just me in the channel most of the time

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Yep just got the email on the one account I did it on, not even a suspension straight to permanent ban. All your fault for telling me about it.

Between you and DBG saying people "exploited" the market place by clicking the Buy button I am comfortable in thinking I am in no way responsible for this happening

The account only had a 80 SK I was doing progression on it but I think Im done anyway, with karael and dijital quitting it was usually just me in the channel most of the time

The frowny wasn't for you getting banned on an alt.

It is really harsh to go straight to a ban for something that happened on TEST server.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

It's awful. There is precedent for this. A while ago someone bought LoN packs on test when they cost either one or zero station cash. He was banned from LoN, but it didn't affect his Everquest account.

Blanket bans like this are terrible and just shows what a mere shell customer service is today compared to how it used to be under SOE, which was really good. There were people that were actually testing things with this. Riou, who hosts eqresource along with Rorce, bought a 1sc pack of Stormbreak and got 36 Debt of the Ratonga packs. If they are blanket banning, that will include him. Not only does he work with Daybreak to work contests, he is also a member of the Community Council. And that would be a tremendously stupid loss, since the only two sites about Everquest that bother updating anymore are eqr and Alla's. There were a lot of people that weren't doing anything malicious with this marketplace bug. Jetz0r bought a heroic character with it and found that a level 44 cleric spell was doing 75k DD, which on top of multiple buffs, could nuke for 1.8 million. He reported that in the test thread. He was testing things.

Even the above paragraph doesn't matter, it's Daybreak's loving fault. What if there was someone thinking test SC wasn't the same as Live SC? Too many innocent and/or ignorant people may have been hit by this. And yes, some people probably did deliberately take advantage of this glitch. What you do in situations like this is reverse/delete what people bought piecewise. Ban the accounts that were obviously trying to take advantage of the bug. Daybreak can't afford to ban so many people from Everquest these days.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 17, 2015

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Oh I didnt the between you and DBG thing as responding to the frown, was just making that louis ck joke about how could I possibly remove myself from responsibility anymore

I knew it was possible they would ban the account, I didnt think they actually would since it was a real account with a subscription, had no warnings/suspensions before and I hadnt even used any of the potions I bought. Figured they would remove it all and give me a temporary suspension at the most.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Gigue, I forgot which forum name you use, I parceled you over 200 million plat in Nobles, take those and sell them to a vendor to reclaim the 200 mil, I also sent 50+ scuffed journeyman pocketed rucksacks, 50+ 30 purity augs and a Soul of the Grandmaster that you need to use on your warrior, best shield aug you can get.

The bags can be used as currency on test, if theres something you want just join gen chat and say youll pay with one or more of those and people will usually jump for them. Try to save some of the stuff for other goons who might start playing, pay it forward bronie

si
Apr 26, 2004
That's me, but I don't understand what's going on. You got one of your 80s banned so you're giving up the whole armada?

I am not a useful source of playing knowledge or ability.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I think I'll give the new prog server a shot, with a duo team so I can get somewhere on my own. The initial population will be ridiculously massive, and then it will tank extremely quickly to a moderate level; that's what happened the last time at least. There were over 100 Human Monks in Freeport on launch day.

Monk and Shaman duo it will be for sure, even though Monk aggro capability is terrible. Unlike P1999, I think I will make a Human Monk for aesthetic reasons, since the Iksar benefits, which are massive as a solo player on P1999, fade out quickly as the expansions are released. Looking forward to levelling in the old world, I hope they don't start with Kunark or Velious.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Pilsner posted:

I hope they don't start with Kunark or Velious.

I'm for Kunark. There just isn't enough things in classic to keep every one occupied, while tons of different things with both. Months of that would be mega boring, and With kunark hate /sky / fear are still relevant raid zones.

I do agree that velious might be a bit much since its gear puts previous
expansion stuff to shame, and leaving up to 18 months before Luclin would burn a lot of people out. (Basically the same as 6 months of classic)

Also vote goes live in a couple hours.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Gigue, I forgot which forum name you use, I parceled you over 200 million plat in Nobles, take those and sell them to a vendor to reclaim the 200 mil, I also sent 50+ scuffed journeyman pocketed rucksacks, 50+ 30 purity augs and a Soul of the Grandmaster that you need to use on your warrior, best shield aug you can get.

The bags can be used as currency on test, if theres something you want just join gen chat and say youll pay with one or more of those and people will usually jump for them. Try to save some of the stuff for other goons who might start playing, pay it forward bronie

If you have all of that on copy, VAW, I must confess that I could really use a pile of those 32-slot bags. Firstly, I have a lot of junk to mule away, and secondly I might be able to trade them for copies of TDS rares. I have a few already, but I am attuned to them and still need them. My 105 enchanter is not a Raid Copy (not slagging off RC people, I would gladly pay a Krono for all the gear if I could, just stating a fact), so gear-wise I am behind a lot of people. I found a necklace last night that was slightly better than my old one, so with 105 rank 2 clarity, my familiar, my mount buff and my belt-clicky, I can just barely cross the 100k max mana threshold. I know that that is not going to impress anyone here, but for me it was kind of a milestone.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Jotto posted:

I'm for Kunark. There just isn't enough things in classic to keep every one occupied, while tons of different things with both. Months of that would be mega boring, and With kunark hate /sky / fear are still relevant raid zones.

I do agree that velious might be a bit much since its gear puts previous
expansion stuff to shame, and leaving up to 18 months before Luclin would burn a lot of people out. (Basically the same as 6 months of classic)

Also vote goes live in a couple hours.
You're right actually, since Kunark almost purely adds goodness and more raid targets and dungeons, along with the ez-mode levelling path. Kunark would indeed be a good start. Velious would be too much.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
The mental image of Guk and Solb with no xpacs is still funny though. City guards were camps pre-kunark it was so bad. The first lvl 60 on my server dinged in Butcherblock.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

si posted:

That's me, but I don't understand what's going on. You got one of your 80s banned so you're giving up the whole armada?

I am not a useful source of playing knowledge or ability.

The other night after a patch they screwed up the marketplace and everything in it had a price of 1 SC, jetzor posted on the forums letting the devs know and they didnt even bother to respond to his post, then skip two days and they perm banned everybody who dared to buy something during that time saying we "exploited the marketplace". Uh no you dipshits we literally pressed the Buy button, I will take some of the responsibility here but dont try to put it all on me or exaggerate your case by saying we did something we didnt. If an online retailer screws up pricing they either cancel the order or they sometimes just begrudgingly fulfill the order and recognize it was their fault, you know what they dont do? Ban the loving customer.

The progression character was the only thing I was logging on for and with karael and dijital quitting, them breaking mq multiple times a week and this I just dont care anymore. Get with Justjeff88 and send him some bags whenever its convenient

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Pilsner posted:

You're right actually, since Kunark almost purely adds goodness and more raid targets and dungeons, along with the ez-mode levelling path. Kunark would indeed be a good start. Velious would be too much.

Yeah I'm voting Kunark too. It adds more space and things to do without completely invalidating the old world crap. In fact it'll probably make it a lot easier to see the classic stuff.

I'll probably make a rogue when this releases.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Lord Binky posted:

I'll probably make a rogue when this releases.

Kunark actually makes rogues worthwhile too, as in classic they are poo poo compared to everyone else.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
We're getting the EQ2 treatment. No more expansions, we get "campaigns" which is a fancy word for DLCs. RIP.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
What's the difference? Unless campaigns are like 5bux per mission or something

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

We're getting the EQ2 treatment. No more expansions, we get "campaigns" which is a fancy word for DLCs. RIP.

Where did you see that? Not that I'm surprised, it's been coming for a while.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Im on test also as Shayul the gnome necro and could totally use some bags. Id be willing to buy or work with you on them. Dunno what lvl you are or if you need pwrlving - im only about 65 but ive got 5 chars and could at least help get some new chars started.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

What's the difference? Unless campaigns are like 5bux per mission or something

If you've ever picked up on the language producers and CMs at SOE/Daybreak have given over the years, you know it means to expect something worse. I asked Smedley on reddit during the catastrophe that was Call of the Forsaken, and he replied saying that they listened to the players and the next expansion will be bigger and better. Then we got TDS. 8 zones, with 5 raids and 2 mini ones. I'm going to guess these campaigns are like, 3 zones and 2 or 3 raids each. And that is twice a year.

The facts are, we have less developers, there is no way these DLCs are going to mean we're getting more zones per year like we were supposed to.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Where did you see that? Not that I'm surprised, it's been coming for a while.

It's the newest producers letter in https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?forums/news-and-announcements.2/ . It's nice flowery language coming from Big Momma Holly. At least she has red hair and big tits.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

I asked Smedley

Well that was your first mistake.

Thanks for the link to the letter.

si
Apr 26, 2004

Keystoned posted:

Im on test also as Shayul the gnome necro and could totally use some bags. Id be willing to buy or work with you on them. Dunno what lvl you are or if you need pwrlving - im only about 65 but ive got 5 chars and could at least help get some new chars started.

I don't, DeadVag got both my chars up to 100, so I'm all set there. I will hook people up with the stuff as he asked, but right now I don't have a computer proper that I can actually open EQ on. In the middle of house renovations and had to tear it all down and pack it up while the drywall is being done. Hopefully we'll finish that up within a week or so and I'll get back online. I'm on either Quelind or Gigue on Test, and I'm in gchat while I'm online, so hit me up if you see me.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

The other night after a patch they screwed up the marketplace and everything in it had a price of 1 SC, jetzor posted on the forums letting the devs know and they didnt even bother to respond to his post, then skip two days and they perm banned everybody who dared to buy something during that time saying we "exploited the marketplace". Uh no you dipshits we literally pressed the Buy button, I will take some of the responsibility here but dont try to put it all on me or exaggerate your case by saying we did something we didnt. If an online retailer screws up pricing they either cancel the order or they sometimes just begrudgingly fulfill the order and recognize it was their fault, you know what they dont do? Ban the loving customer.

Is the message and link you get when trying to log into the soe login page that your account is suspended? The email I got says banned, but that page and link says suspended. Banned is a different KB article.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Login just said suspended but the email said permanent ban, I couldnt find the email I used at first so I petitioned on another account telling them I didnt have that email and wanted to know if it was a suspension or ban and they replied saying ban

They didnt get your druid did they?

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 19, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Login just said suspended but the email said permanent ban, I couldnt find the email I used at first so I petitioned on another account telling them I didnt have that email and wanted to know if it was a suspension or ban and they replied saying ban

They didnt get your druid did they?

I reported the MP issue to Augur via IM, and posted about a serious bug that required using a heroic character to find.

Of course I'm banned.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

If youre being serious that makes me more mad than myself getting banned, my own I got disconnected in game, tried to log back in and saw the suspension message then spent an hour trying to find the email I used and saw it was permanent and went meh knew it could happen, probably a good time to quit anyway

You were actually doing a textbook definition of what a test server is supposed to be about, the hell is wrong with this company

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

If youre being serious that makes me more mad than myself getting banned, my own I got disconnected in game, tried to log back in and saw the suspension message then spent an hour trying to find the email I used and saw it was permanent and went meh knew it could happen, probably a good time to quit anyway

You were actually doing a textbook definition of what a test server is supposed to be about, the hell is wrong with this company

Completely serious. Primary account with my RoI main druid that I've had since 1999, 15,000sc, 60 kronos, and all the misc things I've collected.

I'm still trying to appeal, but I'm obviously loving done if it sticks.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Completely hosed up

Only advice i can think of is to stress the difference between idiots like me who knew what they were doing was probably wrong and somebody like yourself who was actually testing things and reporting it

Any sane company would recognize the right thing to do but DBG seems intent on running their dumb company into the ground

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
My guess is that daybreak just doesn't have the manpower anymore to do anything other then mass bans. They probably also won't be able to actually read the appeals...

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
I tried to play on Test last night. Set everything up, then set out for Shard's Landing to start getting pre-req crap done for the VoA language thing. Made it about two steps into the intro quest and realized that I had absolutely no end goal other than 'make 100' and without a long term goal, no reason to play at all.

All the EQ stuff is nuked now, except the accounts/characters. If someone wants them for whatever reason, PM me, I won't ever play this game again now that DBG took literally a month to turn it into a shithole.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

demonicon posted:

My guess is that daybreak just doesn't have the manpower anymore to do anything other then mass bans. They probably also won't be able to actually read the appeals...

Not attacking you but that doesnt really make any sense with jetzor,'s case, he has thousands of SC, is active in the krono market, has had his account for the life of EQ, participates in all the betas, regularly tests stuff on the test server, even apparently has a devs IM, they literally just banned the most perfect customer you could ever have. They could still easily ban 99% of the people who did it but jetzor is the 1% exception that they should easily, easily be able to take the 5 minutes time it would take to unban a perfect customer

Im not going back reading pages to find it but its related, somebody asked Hoohah why people on fippy cared what another guild did to cheat, the most obvious answer is because progression servers are all about people enjoying the past, one guild knocking off weeks to a month of progression by a straight up exploit isnt something that doesnt affect anyone else, they were just directly affecting the entire population of fippy and DBG still didnt bother to do anything about it? Thats laughable, completely laughable

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 20, 2015

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I had doubts about DBG, but this very dumb and bad ban wave is exactly the sort of thing SOE would have done. They are worthy caretakers indeed.

And I think you are both saying the same thing: their inability to assess individual cases or read petitions is probably exactly why they shitcanned a perfect customer.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Oh I edited out part of it and forgot to put it back in, I dont think the ban wave is completely artificial, he talks with a dev on IM, so there has to be some kind of higher up that still listened to the dev saying hey we shouldnt have banned this particular guy and went nah gotta keep it 100% YOLO!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Not attacking you but that doesnt really make any sense with jetzor,'s case, he has thousands of SC, is active in the krono market, has had his account for the life of EQ, participates in all the betas, regularly tests stuff on the test server, even apparently has a devs IM, they literally just banned the most perfect customer you could ever have. They could still easily ban 99% of the people who did it but jetzor is the 1% exception that they should easily, easily be able to take the 5 minutes time it would take to unban a perfect customer

Selling Kronos for real-world dollars isn't really the perfect customer, to be fair.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Oh I edited out part of it and forgot to put it back in, I dont think the ban wave is completely artificial, he talks with a dev on IM, so there has to be some kind of higher up that still listened to the dev saying hey we shouldnt have banned this particular guy and went nah gotta keep it 100% YOLO!

From what I've heard, anyone who bought Heroic Characters, LoN packs, or anything else that granted account wide features like Hero's Forge was banned. I bought both HCs and LoN packs.

Riou posted on the forums that the MP was bugged at 8:12pm

Wednesday, April 15, 2015
8:42 PM - <Jetz0r>: uh, you might have a batphone for something like this
8:42 PM - <Jetz0r>: the marketplace on test server is selling everything for 1 or 10sc
8:42 PM - <Jetz0r>: and the real cash things like subs or lm packs are $.01
8:43 PM - <Augur>: That doesn't sound good! Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass it on to the devs on EQ1
8:44 PM - <Augur>: really appreciate you letting me know :)

The MP was still broken for 2 or 3 hours after that. Was still broken after 10:30, fixed sometime around 11:30.

Augur said the best he can do is pass a message along. He's on EQLM now, not EQ1 anymore. So no clue how in the loop he was for any of this. I sent a message to him, and one to Hludwolf. I'm gonna write up another one for Roshen and CS.

For anyone who missed it, this is what the MP looked like:

It was corrupted kinda badly. Not everything worked and when an item did work, you didn't always get what you bought. There were 3 things on the LoN page, only the one that said box worked, and it was a different set than the description.

(oops, I said I had 25k sc, guess I only had 15k)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Riou bought a HC and an lon pack and didn't get banned, he had his HC removed. I'm guessing its because hes special.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 20, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Riou also just told me someone got 17k SC worth of items without a ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Fugg this is sounding more like shoot the messenger and no good deed goes unpunished.

Everything is probably different now, but I do know of folks that have gotten their banned accounts back, eventually.

At some point I am sure you will want to have a '99 druid back just so the toy is back in the box.

I am sure this is no longer valid, but you used to be able to log in with a valid account, then enter in the banned account's info into the URL and purchase a subscription to unlock the banned account.

I guess SOE had their internal team do the website. :downs:

I am still pretty clueless, but are the 5th anniversary quests be available? I want to snag some trakanon tail for my kunark alts.