Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Don't you guys have people to MM with? Finding 4 other decent dudes makes mming infinitely more tolerable, even if you get curbstomped, legit or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Don't you guys have people to MM with? Finding 4 other decent dudes makes mming infinitely more tolerable, even if you get curbstomped, legit or otherwise.

I usually do it with one or two friends. If I have 5 people, we aren't playing CS.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Luna Was Here posted:

There was some website that would keep track of it for you, you just needed to add their steam profile and it would put them in the list and out would email you off they got vac'd. I'm not sure what it was called, let me try to find it.

I'm specifically asking if there's anything out there that works with your specific match history and checks against that. I don't wanna be the type to go "THIS GUY IS DEFINITELY HACKING LEMME ADD EM TO MY LIST. " I think that's ultimately a bad mentality to bring to your games, but the reality is that I've probably crossed paths with someone who's been banned in MM.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I usually do it with one or two friends. If I have 5 people, we aren't playing CS.

I guess I'm lucky to play with atleast 3 of the same people on the regular. Finding a cool fifth off of 4 friend lists is rarely an issue.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, I will never understand people who give a poo poo about that. If they're cheating, that sucks, report and move on. If it bothers you a lot, go play ESEA. Making a list of people you think cheated against you is pretty childish.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I just wish the hackusation happened in demo review rather than in-game. It's such a small detail but it'd have such a large difference in who gets submitted

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Necc0 posted:

I just wish the hackusation happened in demo review rather than in-game. It's such a small detail but it'd have such a large difference in who gets submitted

This is a pretty good idea. The fact that you can't report while watching a replay is really weird.

I imagine that most reports are false, anyway. Maybe this doesn't really matter unless it clogs up overwatch, but I've had several cases where people have cried out about WHs and reporting until being told that, say, their entire weapon stuck out around the corner- but even after conceding this they obviously still can't withdraw their report, which should perhaps also be an option if it has to be ingame.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 17, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
They should have a pop-up after the match saying saying "It appears you got dumpsterd on like a little bitch, would you like to review your match to check for hackers?"

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Couple grand goneeee

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Slumpy posted:

Couple grand goneeee

Vac bans freeze your market account? I thought they were separate entities? Dude got hosed, then.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bohemian Nights posted:

This is a pretty good idea. The fact that you can't report while watching a replay is really weird.

I imagine that most reports are false, anyway. Maybe this doesn't really matter unless it clogs up overwatch, but I've had several cases where people have cried out about WHs and reporting until being told that, say, their entire weapon stuck out around the corner- but even after conceding this they obviously still can't withdraw their report, which should perhaps also be an option if it has to be ingame.
I haven't done all that much overwatch but of the ones I've done, maybe 1 in 3-4 look guilty. For the ones that look innocent I can usually see a couple instances that might have gotten them reported, but there are some where I can't even begin to tell why they got reported.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

bpower posted:

They should have a pop-up after the match saying saying "It appears you got dumpsterd on like a little bitch, would you like to review your match to check for hackers?"
Of the three games with VAC banned people on the enemy team in my match history, my team won 16-2, lost 16-7 (this was the match just before the one I ranked up on, which may explain how I ranked up after losing recently), and drew.

Also one of my friends totally called out one of the cheaters as "playing like a Gold Nova" but holding corners really well. The guy was blatant as hell, couldn't do anything right but hold a corner, had a FB lookaway reaction. I personally had no idea until I watched the demo.

The blatant guy definitely had some skins (I remember an ugly AWP, I think Electric Hive) but when I look at his profile, his inventory is empty. Why is it possible to see that guy's stuff? Did "my" cheater move all his stuff somehow or does it all just disappear from their profile after a little while, but that screenshot was made in the window of opportunity?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kaschei posted:

The blatant guy definitely had some skins (I remember an ugly AWP, I think Electric Hive) but when I look at his profile, his inventory is empty. Why is it possible to see that guy's stuff? Did "my" cheater move all his stuff somehow or does it all just disappear from their profile after a little while, but that screenshot was made in the window of opportunity?
If the inventory is public, everyone can see what is there. Your guy probably just moved it to another account.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

kaschei posted:

Are you sure they didn't just make their inventory private? You can still check the inventories of people with private/friends-only inventories, but it appears empty.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Elysiume posted:

Are you sure they didn't just make their inventory private? You can still check the inventories of people with private/friends-only inventories, but it appears empty.
I don't know what that means so I can't say! But their inventory looks exactly like that so I guess? I didn't know you could have a public profile but private inventory.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Vac bans freeze your market account? I thought they were separate entities? Dude got hosed, then.

Vac bans include a trade ban, when the vac ban is lifted you can trade again iirc.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Guys, can we bring back Deag League?
http://gfycat.com/FemaleAdmirableBarb

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Alighieri posted:

Vac bans include a trade ban, when the vac ban is lifted you can trade again iirc.

Vac bans are never lifted.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SinineSiil posted:

Vac bans are never lifted.

They have been lifted in very rare cases with specific circumstances revolving around them. For instance, the old xray tool casters used back in 1.6/source to see through walls while in spec would get them vacd, poodle realized this and valve reversed it.there have been a few other cases, but as it stands, if you were straight up hacking, there is no way to get that removed

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I remember some fuss about winamp users getting vac'ed.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Dork457 posted:

I'm specifically asking if there's anything out there that works with your specific match history and checks against that. I don't wanna be the type to go "THIS GUY IS DEFINITELY HACKING LEMME ADD EM TO MY LIST. " I think that's ultimately a bad mentality to bring to your games, but the reality is that I've probably crossed paths with someone who's been banned in MM.

Easiest way to notice is if you suddenly go deranked for 1 game, always happens after they remove games hackers ruined.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

IronDoge posted:

lol I like how he's using p90 but he throws his arms up like a deag is bullshit

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

They have been lifted in very rare cases with specific circumstances revolving around them. For instance, the old xray tool casters used back in 1.6/source to see through walls while in spec would get them vacd, poodle realized this and valve reversed it.there have been a few other cases, but as it stands, if you were straight up hacking, there is no way to get that removed

So if a hacker gets caught, they lose everything forever? That doesn't sound right, but if so, maybe I'll report people more often :twisted:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

afkmacro posted:

I remember some fuss about winamp users getting vac'ed.

wait what

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

HiipFire posted:

wait what

Back in the day there was a Winamp plugin for CS/HL that would allow you to control Winamp from in-game. It triggered VAC for some people.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ohh ok i was concerned for a second there

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

IronDoge posted:

Oh man that night was so loving fun

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

HiipFire posted:

wait what

VAC for GoldSrc used to falsely kick people who ran HLamp.

e:f;b

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

So if a hacker gets caught, they lose everything forever? That doesn't sound right, but if so, maybe I'll report people more often :twisted:

I'm pretty sure they're only frozen in the market of the game they were banned from and not others. Also they don't 'lose' them- just the ability to trade them or play on any worthwhile servers. :v:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kcer posted:

Wow good program men ))

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
People have been posting those vids since prob 2012 when the public bug tracker was a thing and the game was first playable

:))))))))

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

IronDoge posted:

when the game goes 5 bucks or whatever ill buy my Deag Smurf at last

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
i had to uninstall csgo to fit gta5 on my SSD lol

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

HiipFire posted:

wait what

winamp used to hook into video games to give you an in-game overlay to control your music

a lot of anti-cheats a few years back (2009ish?) went berserk on anyone who used winamp because a bunch of them defined 'anything that hooks into a game is a cheat because your game must be entirely vanilla'.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sitting Bull posted:

:rip:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sitting Bull posted:

Why the gently caress does everyone and their mom care about an old old old game being put on PC that was probably ported poorly anyway?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Why the gently caress does everyone and their mom care about an old old old game being put on PC that was probably ported poorly anyway?

it was ported well enough but a good port will never fix the most crucial issue: gta loving blows

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

because it's actually a good port and GTA online with m+kb is fun, hth!

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

2 years old isn't that old, and not everyone has consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - BUT REALLY WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT GTAV <3

• Locked thread