Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I have 194 more fights to go in Warrior's Way :shepicide:

So wait, if I miss one jewel, I can go through again and just grab that one? argh that game is so infuriating, I almost never play it

I've waited for 4 light green Miis specifically to get the last jewel in like 3 levels, so I can verify that it works that way. You only need to get each of the 5 jewels once, and they'll light up for good on the map once you get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

io_burn posted:

But 40 minutes downloading at what speed? My hotel WiFi is capping out at about 80KB/s, which... is pretty bad.

80KB/s? Jesus Christ... I rarely get that good of speeds in a hotel anywhere in the world except Korea or the UK.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

shaitan posted:

80KB/s? Jesus Christ... I rarely get that good of speeds in a hotel anywhere in the world except Korea or the UK.

80 kb/s is not 80 mb/s. 80 kb/s isn't very good.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

shaitan posted:

What lovely hotels are you staying in

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Ragequit posted:

80 kb/s is not 80 mb/s. 80 kb/s isn't very good.

80KB/s is also not 80kb/s.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I love how all of you capitalize the K's, M's and B's practically at random.

k = kilo (= 1,000x)
K = kelvin (a unit of temperature)

m = milli (= 0.001x)
M = mega (= 1,000,000x)

b = bit (= 1/8 of a byte)
B = byte (= 8 bits)

:eng101:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:iamafag:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's your problem with 80 kelvin byte internet

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

You all are wrong anyways for not posting download speeds in the correct units, Blocks Per Second.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zat posted:

k = kilo (= 1,000x)

m = milli (= 0.001x)
M = mega (= 1,000,000x)

B = byte (= 8 bits)

hey, nerd, come measure how many fucks i can fit in my jeans and still get my 3ds in the pocket

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Zat posted:

k = kilo (= 1,000x)

m = milli (= 0.001x)
M = mega (= 1,000,000x)

B = byte (= 8 bits)

It's pretty easy to figure out what people mean by context if you aren't massively socially stunted.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ragequit posted:

It's pretty easy to figure out what people mean by context if you aren't massively socially stunted.

Autism > *

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Over 9000 hellabites/s

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Xenoblade Chronicles trip report: it's good!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

The Milkman posted:

I'm playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Is there a way to disable tilt controls? They loving suck and break half the time and make the awful gimmick giant boss battles even worse. I got all the way to the zeekeeper but I'm ready to put this game in the garbage toilet.

Just beat Dreamy Bowser. If I didn't just buy this n3DS I think I would have thrown the dang thing out the window. Please say that's the last of the tilt controls. I'd say I hope failing the star diver so many times it asked me if I wanted it to be easier didn't ruin my save or something, but I just want to be done with this game at this point.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Milkman posted:

Just beat Dreamy Bowser. If I didn't just buy this n3DS I think I would have thrown the dang thing out the window. Please say that's the last of the tilt controls. I'd say I hope failing the star diver so many times it asked me if I wanted it to be easier didn't ruin my save or something, but I just want to be done with this game at this point.

That should be the last of it from non-Bros Attacks. You've weathered the worst of it so now you can finish.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

RZA Encryption posted:

So just how realistic would you have made the box?

I agree, boxboy is a great game, but I cannot comprehend your use of the word "despite".

I meant that the game looks low-budget but does not feel low budget in terms of actual quality.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Milkman posted:

enjoy the final boss theme

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles trip report: it's good!

Yeah, it really is, but it took a while for it to get there for me. I liked the music and production early on, but the fighting was a little bit boring (no more than the typical RPG, though). But with every new story objective, another little layer of the combat system is added. This continues to happen for like 8 hours, and then it's pretty damned complicated (in a good way). Then add all kinds of skill sharing, skill point choices, timed-bro-cheers which make you like your pals more and get to do chains more. And that's like 1/5 of the stuff that goes into combat.

They were smart to take it slow, though, because it kicks so much rear end once you get to the second big area, and all of the systems at once would've been stupidly overwhelming.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP 3DS dudes, there's a demo for DBZ Extreme Butoden on the eShop right now, and downloading it lets you unlock "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku" in the full game. It never ends.

EDIT: you need to scan this QR code in order to download the demo: http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/hVKNCdS.jpg

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 18, 2015

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Zat posted:

k = kilo (= 1,000x)

m = milli (= 0.001x)
M = mega (= 1,000,000x)

B = byte (= 8 bits)

I would at least give someone the benefit of the doubt that when they are discussing speeds of the Internet, they are not speaking of temperatures.....

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh man Boxboy is so cool. I just got to the world where you're kinda playing tetris.

Get this game.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

shaitan posted:

I would at least give someone the benefit of the doubt that when they are discussing speeds of the Internet, they are not speaking of temperatures.....

Maybe it was 80 Kelvin byte, which would be 353kb/s, which...

... yeah that's still pretty slow.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
All right, the fishing game is not as shallow as I thought it would be. It's actually pretty drat rad, and I am now sporting a very realistic crystal rod I fished up in a treasure chest!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yeah I played my first rounds of the two new streetpass games today and they seem pretty cool, a pro-buy at 6.99 or whatever the price was

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The devs behind the fishing game (Prope) also made Fishing Resort which is super rad, so I don't doubt their Streetpass game is fun.

Also, for the dude/s who were asking for city management/sim games a little while back: A-Train 3D is on the eShop now, so you might wanna check it out.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

They also did Monster Manor, the best of the first four extra StreetPass games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Mods, please edit the thread title to the proper name: - ̗̀new ̖́- Nintendo 3DS

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

This person is correct.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

How did you do that :eyepop:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Regy Rusty posted:

How did you do that :eyepop:

I have Nintendo in my blood.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

elf help book posted:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xenoblade question just got Seven and looked at the skill trees for Shulk and uh, dude's almost completely maxed out on all 3 trees. Do I get more later or did I miss something because it feels weird being near maxed when I haven't really grinded or anything and despite how intense things are getting I highly doubt I'm about to fight the final boss or anything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Xenoblade question just got Seven and looked at the skill trees for Shulk and uh, dude's almost completely maxed out on all 3 trees. Do I get more later or did I miss something because it feels weird being near maxed when I haven't really grinded or anything and despite how intense things are getting I highly doubt I'm about to fight the final boss or anything.

Each character has two additional unlockable trees from sidequests that're only available at deep, deep region affinity levels. And if you only just got Seven you're nowhere near the ending. Halfway or 2/3'rds mark, maybe.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How come the white bunny isn't offering me any bundles? Do I have to go ahead and agree to buy one and then he will tell me about the bundle offer or am I out of luck cause I'm Canadian? :canada:

He just checks the eshop store and tells me the price of a single game.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Hah, I didn't mean to imply this stuff bothers me, it doesn't lol. It was just funny how everyone was correcting each other about the b/B difference for several posts but nobody actually got the units right.

Saw it as a chance for some good :spergin:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

elf help book posted:

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Found this on reddit, figured it might help with all the system transfer questions: Interactive Transfer Guide.