Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I bet Walmart would be willing to pay more if Big Government didn't stop them from paying their employees in gift cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I can't even stand Scalia when he's writing tepid praise of a woman who is a thousand times better on her worst day than he is on his best.

I'm sorry, I know I say that a lot, it's like a compulsion for me and I don't feel right until I've gotten it off my chest.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Lol after all the threadshitting he gets probated for posting in games haha

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

visceril posted:

Look, SA has it's priorities, we just live with them

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

I can't even stand Scalia when he's writing tepid praise of a woman who is a thousand times better on her worst day than he is on his best.

I'm sorry, I know I say that a lot, it's like a compulsion for me and I don't feel right until I've gotten it off my chest.

What's he doing? This might be a clue to another of his Horcruxes is why I ask.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

What's he doing? This might be a clue to another of his Horcruxes is why I ask.

Fried Chicken posted:

More love has been on the Warren write up in Time, but here is one of the Notorious RBG by Antonin Scalia

:qq:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

visceril posted:

EVE is this sites sacred gaming cow. You can threadshit in here but god help you if you touch that thread.

Fried Chicken posted:

So obviously, the discussion over health care remains paramount in this country. The Democrats seek to maintain, and hope to build on, the ACA. Republicans want to repeal it, but will need a replacement for the chaos that follows. Fortunately, they have a candidate who has written and implemented a healthh care plan before, whose successes can be examined for expansion to the rest of the nation. In 2008, then speaker of the Florida House, Marco Rubio created a private insurance market for Floridians. Seven years later we can consider it fairly - ]It serves 80 people. Oh stop boo-ing. There is nothing wrong with it. Seriously though, here's a breakdown of what a cockup it was

Jesus. I live in Florida and I had no idea this even existed. Which was probably the point of it. I don't think they advertised it all, so it was probably meant to enrich some politicians web-design majoring son.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Grover Norquist did the Piketty write-up and its awful

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I could really use a hot take about Chipotle right now. In lieu of that, here's some interesting legislation from the Vermont State House.

quote:

A person 21 years of age or older who possesses a small amount of alcohol may be ticketed for a civil violation and subject to a monetary penalty of up to $500.00. Possession of larger quantities of alcohol, as well as cultivation, distribution, and sale of alcohol, will be subject to criminal penalties ranging from one day to 30 years’ imprisonment and fines ranging from $1.00 to $1,000,000.00.

Yes, that's the current marijuana statute with the word 'alcohol' pasted in. The bill's sponsors also have a separate non-troll bill to legalize it :2bong:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

Grover Norquist did the Piketty write-up and its awful

http://time.com/3823302/thomas-piketty-2015-time-100/

the dude spends the entire write up bitching lol

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Joementum posted:

I could really use a hot take about Chipotle right now. In lieu of that, here's some interesting legislation from the Vermont State House.

quote:

A person 21 years of age or older who possesses a small amount of alcohol may be ticketed for a civil violation and subject to a monetary penalty of up to $500.00. Possession of larger quantities of alcohol, as well as cultivation, distribution, and sale of alcohol, will be subject to criminal penalties ranging from one day to 30 years’ imprisonment and fines ranging from $1.00 to $1,000,000.00.

Yes, that's the current marijuana statute with the word 'alcohol' pasted in. The bill's sponsors also have a separate non-troll bill to legalize it :2bong:
This owns. Shine on your crazy Vermont bastards, you are basically the best state.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Time is a poo poo magazine and a shibboleth for pseudointellectuals much like adoring Friedman or Brooks, you say?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Zeitgueist posted:

Time is a poo poo magazine and a shibboleth for pseudointellectuals much like adoring Friedman or Brooks, you say?

I knew a friends new age christian church was poo poo when the pastor based an entire sermon on a times magazine article.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

I knew a friends new age christian church was poo poo when the pastor based an entire sermon on a times magazine article.

I once sat through a homily based entirely on Kevin Smith movies.

~*~Catholicism~*~ :whatup:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Fried Chicken posted:

I once sat through a homily based entirely on Kevin Smith movies.

~*~Catholicism~*~ :whatup:

I was at a joint mass between Catholics and the Orthodox church in St. Pats a few months ago where the Orthodox priest used Frozen as a framing device. In a sermon on the Holodomor.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
45 years ago today.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schizotek posted:

EVE is this sites sacred gaming cow. You can threadshit in here but god help you if you touch that thread.

Jesus. I live in Florida and I had no idea this even existed. Which was probably the point of it. I don't think they advertised it all, so it was probably meant to enrich some politicians web-design majoring son.

I'm proud that I, a Games poster, managed to contribute to the quality of a USPol thread for like a day. :patriot:

And yeah as far as anyone can tell he's a guy who originally signed up for a SA account to join goons in EVE and somehow managed to gently caress it up. I don't know how, people apparently accomplish it all the time.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 18, 2015

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

but he makes 189k a year as an IT architect at IBM, guys

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Joementum posted:

Is the actually wording in the marijuana statute this vague? The use of "small" and "larger" and the giant sentencing and fine variability basically seem setup specifically to gently caress with black people.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
At least he's forced to not post for a day. Pity he already changed his avatar, waste of $10.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

45 years ago today.

Three Men And A Baby

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Reiterpallasch posted:

I'm proud that I, a Games poster, managed to contribute to the quality of a USPol thread for like a day. :patriot:

And yeah as far as anyone can tell he's a guy who originally signed up for a SA account to join goons in EVE and somehow managed to gently caress it up. I don't know how, people apparently accomplish it all the time.

People still play Space Spreadsheet Simulator 9000?

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

Stereotype posted:

At least he's forced to not post for a day.

He can use it to figure out how to keep those drat inferior poors away from his lebensraum.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

Do you also get paid in marbles?

I know this is a few pages back, but I will admit I'm just one person brainstorming schemes - but you never know when someone might pick up a meme and actually get the resources, airtime and wonks to make it something practical. So I get up on my little soapbox in the house of commons and share my thoughts.

Anyway, good thing the troll got zotted :freep:

Earnestness is the keystone of good American discourse.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I read every post today.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Is the actually wording in the marijuana statute this vague? The use of "small" and "larger" and the giant sentencing and fine variability basically seem setup specifically to gently caress with black people.

No, Vermont defines the cutoff between "small" and "large" as an ounce of marijuana.

But, uh, to your point about a law in Vermont being disproportionately targeted at blacks. That's... not really an issue.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

But, uh, to your point about a law in Vermont being disproportionately targeted at blacks. That's... not really an issue.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

i went to a concert in burlington a few weeks ago and it was about 94% plaid shirts lmao

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
That graph is even whiter than I imagined it to be.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Vermont: America's Norway

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whats with all the other

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Venom Snake posted:

Whats with all the other

It's probably some group no one expects, like Hmong in Wisconsin.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Whoops - Vermont has competition for the best state:

quote:

But on Friday, New Mexico became the first state to abolish this reprehensible, unconstitutional practice. The legislature voted unanimously to replace civil forfeiture with criminal forfeiture, requiring the government to first prove beyond a reasonable doubt, to a jury of their peers, that people are actually guilty of a crime before taking their property.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "I would say, launch terrorist attacks in the U.S., because they don't have the nuclear capacity now. If they had nuclear capacity, then they could do something with that. I would say Hezbollah are the only really state-trained terrorists in the world, and Iran can unleash them. We assume there are Hezbollah agents throughout the U.S., and if a button is pressed, they will try to spring into action. Second, American interests around the world—consulates, embassies." ~ Rep. Peter King (R-NY), on how Iran would respond to a US military strike.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

What a sad state of affairs when "Following the 4th Amendment" earns you a nomination for Greatest State status.

Edit: Or perhaps "Due Process Rights". Not sure which applies more here.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 18, 2015

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trade oil for farms, forests, maple syrup, cows and, uh...

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Don't forget, they scrapped state-level UHC because there wasn't enough in the budget for graft.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Trade oil for farms, forests, maple syrup, cows and, uh...

No, you're supposed to forget the third thing on the list, not the fifth one.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Are they as racist against Muslims though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "I would say, launch terrorist attacks in the U.S., because they don't have the nuclear capacity now. If they had nuclear capacity, then they could do something with that. I would say Hezbollah are the only really state-trained terrorists in the world, and Iran can unleash them. We assume there are Hezbollah agents throughout the U.S., and if a button is pressed, they will try to spring into action. Second, American interests around the world—consulates, embassies." ~ Rep. Peter King (R-NY), on how Iran would respond to a US military strike.

Iran could destroy America from within at any time but they are playing the long game in order to get a nuke to... uh... destroy America. Oh, and Israel since it's easier to pack America with terrorist cells, apparently.

• Locked thread