Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hawks: 16/model, they move 18″, and when moving over a Flyer the can do a special attack. Hits on 4+, S4, AP4 Haywire

It's no assaulting a flyer but I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

LordAba posted:

This thread.
Actually I think you'll find the roles are reversed.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
bunch of wraithknights standing around a terrified guardsman with their big throbbing D-weapons

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nah that's just old BULBASAUR creepin on Saalkin's avatar

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Whatever became of the Forge World teaser in the White Dwarf?

Also still trying to decide whether to get a second Plasma Obliterator while I have the chance, someone talk me in/out of it.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

I will cook this tomorrow, looks delish.

I made it last night after my Ork victory. It's the ultimate bachelor food.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what happened to the robots

Skitarii? They are pretty solid! The troops are decent. The ironstrider cavaliers formation seems good as well.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Changing up Eldar chat since it makes me sad. First crack at a Skitarii list:

quote:

(Skitarii Maniple) (980pts)
Troops (410pts)

Skitarii Rangers (115pts)
4x Skitarii Ranger, 2x Transuranic arquebus
Ranger Alpha
Galvanic rifle

Skitarii Rangers (95pts)
2x Arc rifle, 4x Skitarii Ranger
Ranger Alpha
Galvanic rifle

Skitarii Vanguard (200pts)
Omnispex, 3x Plasma caliver, 9x Skitarii Vanguard
Vanguard Alpha - Warlord
Radium carbine

Elites (210pts)
Sicarian Infiltrators (210pts)

4x Sicarian Infiltrator, Stubcarbines and Power Swords
Infiltrator Princeps
The Skull of Elder Nikola

Heavy Support (360pts)
Onager Dunecrawlers (360pts)

Onager Dunecrawler
Cognis manipulator, Twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster

Onager Dunecrawler
Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber

Onager Dunecrawler
Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber

Ironstrider Cavaliers (145pts)
Ironstrider Ballistarius
Twin-linked cognis autocannon

Sydonian Dragoon
Taser lance

Sydonian Dragoon
Taser lance

Knight Paladin (375pts)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

Changing up Eldar chat since it makes me sad. First crack at a Skitarii list:

If you drop the Cognis manipulator you would almost have enough points for a second ballistarii, which would probably be a better choice in the long run. Not sure what you would give up for the extra 10 points; you could turn the arc rifle troops into vanguard without too much trouble.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I don't know why you goons are belly aching about these changes. Frankly, I think that 40k needed to be taken in a different direction and I'm glad GW is brave enough to do it.

I don't play 40k right now, but even I can see these changes were necessary to keep the game alive and kicking. Hell, I might even be looking to invest in an Eldar army if things keep looking promising!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

If you drop the Cognis manipulator you would almost have enough points for a second ballistarii, which would probably be a better choice in the long run. Not sure what you would give up for the extra 10 points; you could turn the arc rifle troops into vanguard without too much trouble.

I like the Manipulator for keeping the lead Onager in the squadron up and running.

I'm considering dropping one ranger squad for an Icarus Onager though...

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

I don't know why you goons are belly aching about these changes. Frankly, I think that 40k needed to be taken in a different direction and I'm glad GW is brave enough to do it.

I don't play 40k right now, but even I can see these changes were necessary to keep the game alive and kicking. Hell, I might even be looking to invest in an Eldar army if things keep looking promising!

Yes taking one of the best books and making it better is cool and good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Saalkin posted:

:agreed:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ At least guardians are moving back to WS/BS 3.

TKIY posted:

I like the Manipulator for keeping the lead Onager in the squadron up and running.

I'm considering dropping one ranger squad for an Icarus Onager though...

Ah, it looked like you had them in separate squads. I guess It Will Not Die is better when you have a 4++ to back it up. It is only AV12 though.
The Balistarii do hit planes on a 5+, so they aren't too bad against (non-marine) aircraft. My gut feeling is that the Icarus would be a bit overkill at 1000 points. Still, doesn't skyfire fire normally at skimmers / jet bikes? Might be worth it against all the new eldar schtuff.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 18, 2015

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
My only complaint is the price increase. Luckily, I play Necrons and Codex Adeptus Astartes: Blood Angels, so I won't need to buy another codex for up to two years. :smug:

Unless I start a new army. Or if there's a codex supplement that will cost the same.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Saalkin posted:

Its pretty sad when someone who doesn't even play the game realizes that this is a step in the right direction and you dont.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So we are going to play some Apocalypse tomorrow, and I snagged the book. Is the 2,500 point Eldar Titan the most costly unit in the game? I see a Reaver is a solid 1500. I remember catching a batrep where a Revenant Titan chewed through Baneblades with its Pulsar Cannons.

Anyway, I am going to bring a hand crafted scout titan that came as an extra my recent Ebay bundle, so it should be fun to drop some D weapons on people if nothing else.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Its pretty sad when someone who doesn't even play the game realizes that this is a step in the right direction and you dont.

How is this new codex a step in the right direction? (I am not being sarcastic or incredulous, I am interested in what you think.)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I continue to snag offers for selling their army to me

quote:

Are you willing to buy the following? Noping out of IOM due to Eldar.

Willing to negotiate prices.

Space Marines (All painted for Army Of The Month at GW store)
Terminator Librarian (includes larger diorama base) ($20)
Terminator Captain (includes larger diorama base) ($20)
Tactical Terminators x10 (2 Sergeants, 2 Assault Cannons) ($35 for 5)
Assault Terminators x10 (5 Hammers, 5 Lightning Claws) ($35 for 5)

IG-
Veteran Squad w/ GL + Vox ($20) (Converted with several variant heads and custom lasrifles) (Painted)
Baneblade ($90)
Heavy Weapons Squad (3x Missile Launchers) ($30)

Contact me on Dakkadakka and I'll put you in touch with this person so you can get a great deal. As always I suggest a thread in buying in selling there are Escrow services or a
private EBAY deal.

Here are the pics

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 18, 2015

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
What Chapter scheme?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I don't play the game.

Yes please explain how this is a step in the right direction cause it sure as poo poo isn't.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Uroboros posted:

What Chapter scheme?

I just posted the pics.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

ijyt posted:

Whatever became of the Forge World teaser in the White Dwarf?

Also still trying to decide whether to get a second Plasma Obliterator while I have the chance, someone talk me in/out of it.

It's the Warlord Titan. Dollars to doughnuts (I guess that expression doesn't really work anymore) it'll be shown next Friday.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Holy balls.

So if Chaos wants to bring D-strength attacks to the table, it needs either a Lord of Skulls (which can easily get close to 1000 points with decent weapons) or a lame Bloodthirster that hits at I1 and is all wonky with lovely can't-charge-after-switching-flight-mode crap.

Eldar just bring some wraithguard.

I'd like to think that this is desperation writing, but I don't even feel like granting that level of foreplanning to GW. If they actually cared about making new stuff OP in order to sell, Mutilators, Warpsmiths, Warp Talons, Nephilim Jetfighters and Dark Talons wouls all be amazing.

This is just having no standards.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wait so if wraith guard have a -1 on the D table does that mean that they only hurt infantry on a 3+ and can't actually get the d6+6 wounds no saves at all result?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Cataphract posted:

Wait so if wraith guard have a -1 on the D table does that mean that they only hurt infantry on a 3+ and can't actually get the d6+6 wounds no saves at all result?

I believe that's only D-Scythes (the template ones, iirc?)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cataphract posted:

D3 wounds per model per template at AP2 should do just fine against.... everything not flying.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
My gut feeling is that they're rolling out D weapons to all the armies. Everybody gonna have the big D by the time their done.

Also the next edition is probably 1 or 2 years away, who knows what they'll change.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

My gut feeling is that they're rolling out D weapons to all the armies. Everybody gonna have the big D by the time their done.

Also the next edition is probably 1 or 2 years away, who knows what they'll change.*

* Except Tyranids.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, hey, there's a bunch of responses in the 40k thread. I bet there were a bunch of eldar leaks... :yikes:

I wish the Dropzone Commander thread was more active. :smith:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Show your work to the class.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Just gonna park this here, for any of the formerly-devout who might need it after Eldar codex news

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Or maybe someone who doesn't play the game is not making a good assessment of what the changes mean for the system because they have no recent experience with it? I'm just sayin'.

BULBASAUR posted:

Also the next edition is probably 1 or 2 years away, who knows what they'll change.

The problem with that theory is that Necrons, DE, BA, Orks, GK, Harlequins, and Skitarii have no real access to Str D weapons the way Eldar do. Either the Eldar are the very first step down this path (which, ultimately, is bad for the game anyways because it renders vehicles, MCs, and multiwound characters hilariously vulnerable) or the codex is an aberration and GW have no intention of handing such weapons out to other books. I don't see it going well in either case.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well, they introduced the melee D with Knight Titans. Lubed up the shaft, so to speak. People kind accepted it and the kits sold crazy. Now it's D direct fire about a year later, which is them easing in the tip and seeing how we take it. Squeal boy. Dats right.

Either case, entirely agreed, its not a good precedent. 40 kay is slowly becoming apocalypse.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

At least get the right version. :colbert:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Long time lurker first time poster;

can't people just come up with certain house rule / FLGS restrictions if they don't like what GW is putting out?

I'll be honest and say after looking around GW have the best models, the quality is good, the art direction is good, the fluff is good, and if 100% of the rules don't fit with what you like then can't you just house-rule them out of action?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Long time lurker first time poster;

can't people just come up with certain house rule / FLGS restrictions if they don't like what GW is putting out?

I'll be honest and say after looking around GW have the best models, the quality is good, the art direction is good, the fluff is good, and if 100% of the rules don't fit with what you like then can't you just house-rule them out of action?

No, because a lot of people who play GW games either

A)do so in a competitive fashion, such as tournaments, where rules can't just be handwaved away with a gentlemanly agreement

or

B)are insanely overprotective of their particular army/faction and cannot countenance playing a game where they might lose even the slightest of their hilariously overpowered advantages

I tended to be more of a "beer & pretzels" player when it came to 40k, and would rather have fun than win, but clearly I'm in the minority there. :v:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
The quality of models has slipped relative to other companies who have brought it hard in the past few years. What you say might have been true when you registered your account and started lurking, but it's 2015 now. The Tabletop Renaissance is happening, and GW is getting left in the loving dust.

Are you seriously going to tell me that the Imperial Knight and the Riptide, and the Wraithknight was anything but a lazily implemented panic move in response to PP's Colossals?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I don't know what PP means but I only play with friends - and generally lower point games (which i'm guessing quite a few people do as the cost of entry is so high (poors))

but basically what i'm saying is 'forge your own narrative' and if the rules are blatantly hosed then tell people to gently caress off with that poo poo otherwise they'll be playing solo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Basically what I'm saying is I bought the Sisters of Battle eBook codex last year and it was a loving insult. A company that is clearly that contemptuous of it's customers deserves nothing less than my eternal hatred. It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with disrespect.

• Locked thread