Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The Force Awakens trailer kind of surprised me with an awareness of how little affection I have for the *Star Wars Brand* despite it being the dopest poo poo on earth PEW PEW when I was younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Is the BvS movie the one with Jesse Eisenberg?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bows1 posted:

Is the BvS movie the one with Jesse Eisenberg?

No I think he was in the facebook movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

The Force Awakens trailer kind of surprised me with an awareness of how little affection I have for the *Star Wars Brand* despite it being the dopest poo poo on earth PEW PEW when I was younger.

Wow something we agree on. Freaky.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haha, "Man of Steel" --- DISASTER. :lol:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
"Tell me, do you bleed? You will."

Oh, brother. I was pretty engaged before that.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

e:nvm

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Wow something we agree on. Freaky.

I don't know who you are or why it's weird that we agree, but hell, I'm glad we agree.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want to see this movie.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Hey, one of the main character's friends is the kid from The Grand Budapest Hotel. Awesome!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If anyone wants a 50Mbps, 800MB version of the Batman v Superman trailer, here it is direct from WB: http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/batmanvsuperman/teaser/BVS_DTRL1_REV_ONLINE_VERSION_H264_50Mbps.mov

Audio is uncompressed, but is only 2.0 stereo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

I don't know who you are or why it's weird that we agree, but hell, I'm glad we agree.

This is exactly why I'm surprised we agree on anything-- you're the type of person who thinks I'd care about whether or not you know me.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

This is exactly why I'm surprised we agree on anything-- you're the type of person who thinks I'd care about whether or not you know me.

jesus, just go jerk off over it already

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

jesus, just go jerk off over it already

Make another v joke.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Uhhhh ok

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

mind the walrus posted:

source your quotes please

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

For real Im gonna watch this

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

This looks really good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hat Thoughts posted:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Honestly, I would have preferred if it was just a completely new story instead of it shoving all these old things (like the Falcon) and characters in my face. I felt the same about the rebooted Star Trek movies. Why have old Spock in them? Why do Wrath of Khan except worse? Why not do something new instead of treading old water? The answer is a lot of vocal nerds love references, even if they do nothing but hurt the narrative. I'm getting serious Crystal Skulls vibes here.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Renoistic posted:

I'm getting serious Crystal Skulls vibes here.

So it'll be better than at least one of the films in the original trilogy.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

computer parts posted:

So it'll be better than at least one of the films in the original trilogy.

Uhh....

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcNTCoxD8g

I am so sick of Dr. Doom

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks pretty bad and boring.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Just looks super generic and lacking in personality. Also enough with the origin stories already.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Seriously they need to give origin stories a rest.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think I would have been okay with a movie about a bunch of science explorers exploring/getting stuck on an alien world (like the game The Dig), but without them getting superheroes and instead just focusing on the alien archaeology aspects. This is not that movie, alas.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
There's a few small things in there that I like, but yeah, that trailer pretty much nixed all the good vibes I got from the 1st trailer.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GrandpaPants posted:

I think I would have been okay with a movie about a bunch of science explorers exploring/getting stuck on an alien world (like the game The Dig), but without them getting superheroes and instead just focusing on the alien archaeology aspects. This is not that movie, alas.

You should try the hit film Prometheus.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I would like a movie where they fight the Mole King or Reed Richards alternate evil time-travelling dad who fought robot-tesla for a while.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

computer parts posted:

You should try the hit film Prometheus.

Sounds more like Stargate.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

I would like a movie where they fight the Mole King or Reed Richards alternate evil time-travelling dad who fought robot-tesla for a while.

Wacky are the best kinds of comics and it's annoying that there have been no comic book movies quite that wacky, Batman and Robin is the closest.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the Incredibles is still basically the only Fantastic Four movie we need anyway

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

"I am upset that a movie based on Marvel's Fantastic 4 is about the Fantastic 4." OK, then.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Barely a trailer, but still fairly effective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELx1y8cr1M

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the Incredibles is still basically the only Fantastic Four movie we need anyway

Nah season 4 of Arrested Development is the best F4 movie

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Nah season 4 of Arrested Development is the best F4 movie

good point, but it's also the worst season of Arrested Development.

we have a conundrum.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Vagabundo posted:

"I am upset that a movie based on Marvel's Fantastic 4 is about the Fantastic 4." OK, then.
I get his point though. Fantastic Four in the comics has usually been way more out there and 'wacky' than most of the Marvel canon. Richards is a crazy scientist who wavers even more between hero and rear end in a top hat than Iron Man and invents dumb poo poo just because he can, Dr Doom is the campiest villain to ever exist and closer to Ming the Merciless than anything else, the entire family do weird poo poo like take extended camping trips in alternate dimensions and invent time-machines just because they felt like looking at dinosaurs. I can't see that trailer but if they're making them into just another superhero team it's kind of disappointing when they could have made it into something closer to Guardians than Avengers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dr Doom should be the campiest most over the top villain in movies
First of all, his name is DOCTOR DOOM

Secondly;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Let me tell you a tale...