Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just spend the $15 on the official charger.

Thanks man. Figured that'd be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Skip My Posts posted:

Gonna pick up a new 3ds and a game for like 180 from best buy with a coupon and price match and I'm wondering what the best option for getting a charger would be since the drat thing doesn't come with one. Any advice?

I've been using various generic 3DS->USB cables from Amazon for 2+ years with no ill effect.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just spend the $15 on the official charger.

Best Buy carries them too, so you can get everything in one stop.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I may impulse purchase a New 3DS soon and don't think I have the proper screwdriver, where can I walk in and buy one? I want instant gratification tomorrow god drat it!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

I may impulse purchase a New 3DS soon and don't think I have the proper screwdriver, where can I walk in and buy one? I want instant gratification tomorrow god drat it!

Buy an eyeglasses repair kit at a dollar store. It'll have just the one you need included.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That sounds legit enough, thanks for the tip!

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

KingSlime posted:

You can walk into a hardware store and get one in the specialty tool area. Lowes carries them, but I'm pretty sure they overcharge.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Like I said, instant gratification!

Is GameStop still doing their $100 trade in or has that long expired?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
I used a regular size philips screwdriver without any problems fwiw

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh really? Interesting...

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

KingSlime posted:

Like I said, instant gratification!

Is GameStop still doing their $100 trade in or has that long expired?

Expired in February

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
S'all good, I can probably get more for it elsewhere.

I have a blue 3DS XL with a 32 GB SD card and a Circle Pad Pro. Where would you price this at? My initial guess is $130 plus shipping.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KingSlime posted:

I have a blue 3DS XL with a 32 GB SD card and a Circle Pad Pro. Where would you price this at? My initial guess is $130 plus shipping.

That's probably about right. You might be able to squeeze another $10 out of it if you want, simply because the Circle Pad Pro XL's are hard to come by in retail stores.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some comments from the Project X Zone 2 devs: http://nintendoeverything.com/project-x-zone-2-devs-on-development-story-improvements-and-surprises/

"We received lots of opinions relating to things that affect the gameplay, like the number of enemies in one map and growth elements other than level ups. On the basis of those comments, we are rebuilding the gameplay for this game by adding new elements and improving the old ones in game rules and the system. We are also making the visuals of battle scenes, etc. easier to understand."

Let's hope they mean it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I used this guide for Homepass.

Big ups to Fancy 400 Lbs, this worked for me tonight after buying the same brand of hardware as the guide recommended (which is surprisingly hard to find in aus)

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm trading in some games to go towards a new 3ds and Xenoblade as all you cunts keep talking about it and I make bad decisions with my money.

If I transfer my saves from the physical cartridge to the 3ds, if I re-buy the games down the track (obviously if i can get them dirt cheap, 99% chance i'll never play them again) can you still use the save with a cartridge or will it then limit me to digital games only?

E: Just read the description on the e-shop, limits me to digital only. No biggie.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 20, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

I'm trading in some games to go towards a new 3ds and Xenoblade as all you cunts keep talking about it and I make bad decisions with my money.

If I transfer my saves from the physical cartridge to the 3ds, if i re-buy the games down the track (obviously if i can get them dirt cheap, 99% chance i'll never play them again) can you still use the save with a cartridge or will it then limit me to digital games only?

Digital only.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KingSlime posted:

I mention this because we have had folks come in here and not know this (despite it being in the thread title):

Make sure you do a System Transfer! Nintendo Network IDs aren't as simple as "sign into a new device, done." You have to physically transfer your licenses and saves from one system to the other. Also if you're using a 32 gig SD card now, you should get a 32 gig or bigger micro SD card in advance. The New 3DS only takes micro SD.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I mention this because we have had folks come in here and not know this (despite it being in the thread title):

Make sure you do a System Transfer! Nintendo Network IDs aren't as simple as "sign into a new device, done." You have to physically transfer your licenses and saves from one system to the other. Also if you're using a 32 gig SD card now, you should get a 32 gig or bigger micro SD card in advance. The New 3DS only takes micro SD.

Also make sure to get a 00 phillips screwdriver, practice screwing, and go suck a dick you dumb human being.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Skip My Posts posted:

Gonna pick up a new 3ds and a game for like 180 from best buy with a coupon and price match and I'm wondering what the best option for getting a charger would be since the drat thing doesn't come with one. Any advice?

I am usually not fond of aftermarket chargers (fire hazard) but the best thing to do is just get a USB 3DS charger. They're incredibly cheap and you can charge it wherever you have a USB port. If you use a USB power adapter (like the one included with an iPhone or iPad) then it's high quality (won't burn your house down) and you get to spend less money.

http://www.amazon.com/Gen-USB-Charge-Cable-Nintendo-DSIXL/dp/B0024ZT3XO

Hell, if you really wanna go nuts do what I am doing and try to consolidate your chargers as much as possible: http://www.amazon.com/DSLite-DS-Charge-Cable-GBASP-Nintendo/dp/B002C0NY40

(look at that price :eyepop: )

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I used this guide for Homepass.

I set this up this morning, and it works like a freaking dream!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So I have one of the Gold Link Between Worlds 3DS but I am very interested in the N3DS. Are there any other N3DS exclusives on the horizon? Is just ebaying my console my best plan (after I've done the transfer and everything)? US here, never sold a console before, not trying to give gamestop anything they are a trashbag business around Philly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bust Rodd posted:

So I have one of the Gold Link Between Worlds 3DS but I am very interested in the N3DS. Are there any other N3DS exclusives on the horizon? Is just ebaying my console my best plan (after I've done the transfer and everything)? US here, never sold a console before, not trying to give gamestop anything they are a trashbag business around Philly.

If Xenoblade doesn't have your interest, you're better off to wait to see what gets announced at e3 for the n3DS. Plus you never know, they might announce a Special Edition version that interest you then :v:.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bust Rodd posted:

Are there any other N3DS exclusives on the horizon?

This is true until the next Nintendo portable releases, and even then it's true for like another year or so.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Typhoon Jim posted:

I really shouldn't have looked at that quest app: I realized that what felt to me like going round and getting all the quests was in fact doing a C+ job at best. Holy cow, that's why I didn't do this the first time.

...whats this app?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

queeb posted:

...whats this app?

Googling led me to this, which apparently was removed from the Play Store for whatever reasons (I think it had to do with ads/copyright issues). He threw it on Dropbox in the meantime.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xzpkfkgg82sgw15/AAD9XpgZd4QrmDSgu0-tIIZIa?dl=0

I'm going to check it out. There is an app on the Play Store that seems to attempt something similar, but the reviews make me think it's not very good.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Chinook posted:

Googling led me to this, which apparently was removed from the Play Store for whatever reasons (I think it had to do with ads/copyright issues). He threw it on Dropbox in the meantime.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xzpkfkgg82sgw15/AAD9XpgZd4QrmDSgu0-tIIZIa?dl=0

I'm going to check it out. There is an app on the Play Store that seems to attempt something similar, but the reviews make me think it's not very good.

I think I found the same one. Just installed it an it actually looks freggin awesome.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

queeb posted:

I think I found the same one. Just installed it an it actually looks freggin awesome.

Yeah, found the Gamefaqs thread the guy posted. Sounds legit:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835582-xenoblade-chronicles-3d/71542986

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KingSlime posted:

Oh really? Interesting...

Just get the right size one, just because he had no problems doesn't mean you won't. I'm not sure if they're the same size screws as the 2DS one, but I know the screws on that thing were absolute hell to get out without the right size screwdriver.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
It would take a whole thread full of goons to constantly have trouble unscrewing small screws.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I am usually not fond of aftermarket chargers (fire hazard) but the best thing to do is just get a USB 3DS charger. They're incredibly cheap and you can charge it wherever you have a USB port. If you use a USB power adapter (like the one included with an iPhone or iPad) then it's high quality (won't burn your house down) and you get to spend less money.

http://www.amazon.com/Gen-USB-Charge-Cable-Nintendo-DSIXL/dp/B0024ZT3XO

Hell, if you really wanna go nuts do what I am doing and try to consolidate your chargers as much as possible: http://www.amazon.com/DSLite-DS-Charge-Cable-GBASP-Nintendo/dp/B002C0NY40

(look at that price :eyepop: )

thanks for the info dude!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In regards to these birdpeople in xenoblade I'm starting to think it's less a bad story event is going to happen and wipe them out and more like they're all going to kill themselves. I have like 4-5 quests involving "they left the city and will be mauled by monsters" lined up, one even starting with a vision saying "DON'T DO IT." what is with these people.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

God drat xenoblade is a big game. 8 hours in an im still in on the gaur planes doing the timed quests there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

queeb posted:

God drat xenoblade is a big game. 8 hours in an im still in on the gaur planes doing the timed quests there.

Eight hours and you're only at Gaur Plains? Oh you have a long, long, long way to go. :allears:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Eight hours and you're only at Gaur Plains? Oh you have a long, long, long way to go. :allears:

I was like oh hey these quests are timed, i better bust these all out right now, there cant be too many there's like 5 people here.

27 quests later

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

queeb posted:

I was like oh hey these quests are timed, i better bust these all out right now, there cant be too many there's like 5 people here.

27 quests later

It's the only pocket of Timed Quests like that for a fair while. There's only one other hub area with them, and you get a much longer stretch of plot to complete those in.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That game sounds like hell.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
^The game is fun as hell and is killing the MMO itch I've had lately. Which is great because I've been WoW free for like 2 years and was getting close to buying Warlords and going to dick around with it for a while.

queeb posted:

Pretty much exactly where I am with around the same playtime.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

elf help book posted:

I'm actually loving the game, all the quests fill out the relationships between the people, you get a big chart of everyone's feelings towards others and stuff, its pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

Only if you do all the sidequests. There are like 500. I ignored most of them for my replay and managed to clear the game in 64 hours just doing the story stuff.