Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bicyclops posted:

they haven't said much of anything besides that there will be an announcement at E3. weirdly the rumors have all focused on ES6 being called "Argonia" but it's total speculative nonsense, and it's almost definitely going to be Fallout. i hope it takes place in a fictional abandoned Disney World

the black marsh in es is always described as some kind of weird lizard new orleans, but im sure if it ever shows up in-game itll turn out to be a generic fantasy landscape with sheep and bad writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

the black marsh in es is always described as some kind of weird lizard new orleans, but im sure if it ever shows up in-game itll turn out to be a generic fantasy landscape with sheep and bad writing

Tiber Septim uses CHIM to fix the argonians terrible homeland for them :downs:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Why isn't the TES thread titled "CHIM chiminy, CHIM cheroo?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I never played morrowind so i don't get the CHIM thing

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I never played morrowind so i don't get the CHIM thing

You can achieve videogame enlightenment and abuse poo poo like modding tools and reloading because you realise the actual videogame nature of the universe. That's the canonical reason Cyrodiil went from being the aztec city-jungle it was described as in Morrowind to lordoftherings.jpg in Oblivion, because the first emperor (Tiber Septim/Talos) felt bad for the imperials and decided to spruce up the place for them!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i want to beat up the elves in their wizard tower on the elf island and win a victory for all the humans in the next game, but i will accept being in a huge swamp with god trees if they go that route.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only thing worse than bethesda games is literally any discussion about bethesda games

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Yeah probably shouldn't talk about videogames in the videogames chat thread

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
How 'bout them animes?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The best part of argonia is the subway systems they have.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Is there a DOTA 2 Goon league? I'm tired of playing pub with random Mexicans and Ukrainians on break from the fighting. (Mostly can't communicate with them).

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Adam Bowen posted:

How 'bout them animes?

i prefer the term 'chinese cartoons'

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

i prefer the term 'chinese cartoons'
Oh, like Song of the Sea?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Howard Phillips posted:

Is there a DOTA 2 Goon league? I'm tired of playing pub with random Mexicans and Ukrainians on break from the fighting. (Mostly can't communicate with them).

As someone who requested days off work to watch ti4. And as someone who has played 2k+ hours of Dota 2. Don't play Dota2.

If you wish to persist, there's dota threads, an irc or two, and an lljk channel in-game.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

theultimo posted:

Evidently Alan Wake remaster and sequel from what I've heard

I really don't know what the demand is for this. Alan Wake's American Nightmare was the developers pretty much admitting that nobody had any interest in the franchise and hastily concluding the story in a small downloadable title where you replay the same three maps three times and then you defeat the vast otherworldly dark presence forever by turning on a movie projector. :effort:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sleeveless posted:

I really don't know what the demand is for this. Alan Wake's American Nightmare was the developers pretty much admitting that nobody had any interest in the franchise and hastily concluding the story in a small downloadable title where you replay the same three maps three times and then you defeat the vast otherworldly dark presence forever by turning on a movie projector. :effort:

The end of American Nightmare actually admits that Alan didn't defeat the otherworldly presence forever, he just defeated that particular pawn of it (the evil doppelganger of him) and did not escape the dark place successfully. Hence, a sequel hook!

I dunno man, an Alan Wake remaster with all the gameplay tweaks imported from American Nightmare would be fantastic. One of the only major issues I had with that game was how drat long it took to burn the darkness away from enemies, and the latter definitely fixed that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It was good but not the kind of thing that works as a franchise. So yeah a sequel would be weird.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i like the mobile game Crossy Roads, am i going to die a gamer death

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh yeah for sure, I can't really see a true sequel. They've relegated themselves to basically having to pull the same twist over and over: "Alan tried to escape the dark place but... he DIDN'T, buy the next game". The remake would be great though.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Adam Bowen posted:

How 'bout them animes?
You're Next Anime surprise on steam is...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335200/

Holy poo poo look at that hair what the gently caress is happening to her hair I mean really

Some sort of multiplayer realtime minesweeper versus game. But with anime. And the largest anime hair this side of the 80s.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 22, 2015

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A Spider Covets posted:

i like the mobile game Crossy Roads, am i going to die a gamer death

Shameful. Better go ahead and resolve to never playing anything worthwhile ever again, for you are tainted. Watch our for reapers.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played through Alan awake, the DLC and American Nightmare all in one shot very recently and it's me, I'm the guy who wants more Alan Wake. The story is cool and weird and I love Sam Lake's stupid little background stories and side stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Okay, imagine this: Alan Wake: Secure, Contain, and Protect.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I am anticipating Quantum Break out of morbid curiousity because the more time and effort Remedy dedicates to FMV the worse the final product is: Max Payne 2's TV shows were just narration over still images and they were all pretty fun and compelling, the episodes of Night Springs in Alan Wake were OK if not a little cheesy, Mr. Scratch doing his wanna-be Joker monologues to player in American Nightmare was :rolleyes:, and now Quantum Break is literally a TV show so...

CJacobs posted:

One of the only major issues I had with that game was how drat long it took to burn the darkness away from enemies, and the latter definitely fixed that.

If you played it on PC this is because the developers bumped all the difficulty levels up compared to the console versions. They said it was because PC gamers need extra challenge because of the advantage KB+M gives over a gamepad, but in execution it just makes the enemies tedious bullet sponges.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Alan Wake Mall Cop

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Shameful. Better go ahead and resolve to never playing anything worthwhile ever again, for you are tainted. Watch our for reapers.

kami help me

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FactsAreUseless posted:

"There was something disturbingly familiar about the note on the desk. The handwriting was all pretty curves."

You're in a creepypasta, Max.

"The truth was like a photo-realistic picture of my family's skeletons flashing on the TV screen of my brain. The inconsistent supernatural elements. The unsatisfying conclusions and abrupt endings. The awkward self-inserts. The paranoid feeling that my every action was being told and retold hundreds of times across the internet."

"I was in a creepypasta. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of."

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sleeveless posted:

I am anticipating Quantum Break out of morbid curiousity because the more time and effort Remedy dedicates to FMV the worse the final product is: Max Payne 2's TV shows were just narration over still images and they were all pretty fun and compelling, the episodes of Night Springs in Alan Wake were OK if not a little cheesy, Mr. Scratch doing his wanna-be Joker monologues to player in American Nightmare was :rolleyes:, and now Quantum Break is literally a TV show so...

:agreed: on all of this really (especially Mr Scratch), the side stuff is fun but live action film production is the last thing Remedy should be pursuing on any sort of large scale.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Alan Wake Mall Cop
I would play this.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would play this.

If this was a few console generations ago we'd be getting an actual full-blown Paul Blart game, now they're probably just making an endless runner where you play as Paul Blart on his Segway.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

If this was a few console generations ago we'd be getting an actual full-blown Paul Blart game, now they're probably just making an endless runner where you play as Paul Blart on his Segway.
I would play the gently caress out a low-budget Paul Blart PS1 collectathon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Give me some clumsy-rear end controls, a flashlight attack, and 100 items to collect in the mall while a 30-second music loop plays.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paul Blart (18 polys) gestures toward the door (2 polys) with flashlight (3 polys). Compressed voice clip from film: "Hands up!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would play a Paul Blart Mall Cop game. That movie was so dumb but I couldn't help but enjoy it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
When I was a kid I had nightmares from the giant Walter Matthau who chases you down and carries you away while scowling at the player through the television screen in the Dennis the Meance (1993) tie-in game on the SNES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOgaKTZHAIQ&t=109s

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes which qualifies it for a licensed video game tie in. Come on devs you know you want to. You can even put in bad midis of Kiss songs and get away with it because nobody cares.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Everyone please donate to my Kickstarter for Pell Burt: Store Police.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Nasgate posted:

As someone who requested days off work to watch ti4. And as someone who has played 2k+ hours of Dota 2. Don't play Dota2.

If you wish to persist, there's dota threads, an irc or two, and an lljk channel in-game.

Why the regret? Sounds like you got some wisdom to bestow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everyone please donate to my Kickstarter for Pell Burt: Store Police.

I am really pushing #Blartcore games for Q2 2015. Paul Blart but it's a messy physics simulator where you tumble Kevin James head over heels toward piles of delicious donuts forever. There is no mall copping to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pleb Brek: Melc Clart

• Locked thread