Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Xander77 posted:

I'm sure that everyone has a "wouldn't it be cool if rear end Creed was set in [my historical area of choice]" sort of idea, and China pretty much tops a lot of lists. But I'm still annoyed that the struggle with the Mongol invasion was relegated to some spin-offs. It's such a hugely apocalyptic good vs evil (or... generic medieval guys versus a force of destruction) struggle in a fairly unique area that very little media explores. I wanted to see Ezio Altair fighting besides Jalal al-Din. :/

So how to I get my copy if I was one of those idiots who got the AC: Unity season pass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter just gave me some keys for the last two games, which I already have.

Shadowrun Returns
(THREE)G7PZ-QYFHI-Z72RB

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall
(FOUR)JWRX-AG9YX-F4V4P

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Judge Dredd GAMEBOOK: http://store.steampowered.com/app/352080/

Teeny tiny metroid? http://store.steampowered.com/app/350070/

Duck Game http://store.steampowered.com/app/312530/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

lol -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/360870/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

Power Rangers meets Final Fantasy Tactics? http://store.steampowered.com/app/251130/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_3

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 21, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hav posted:

When did that happen? I haven't been near a store in a year and the change to White Dwarf managed to remove the last easy route to getting information...

Seems I was misinformed on that point. There was some hubbub about Forge Worlds taking over most of the Fantasy sculpts production (which they did) around the time GW pulled out of Germany entirely (which they did) and thereby discontinuing a few Fantasy armies entirely (which they didn't). 9th Ed for Fantasy is on the burners though and they're being super cagey about who is getting in or not getting in aside from the Hobbit/LotR stuff (which is all going away but still compatible) so who knows.

Movac
Oct 31, 2012

Veotax posted:

The Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter just gave me some keys for the last two games, which I already have.

Shadowrun Returns
(THREE)G7PZ-QYFHI-Z72RB

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall
(FOUR)JWRX-AG9YX-F4V4P

My thanks for Shadowrun Returns, and I'm sure whoever took Dragonfall is also grateful.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So I'm guessing this is a trivial game too, since the video had them playing in a mostly braindead fashion.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Snuffman posted:

So how to I get my copy if I was one of those idiots who got the AC: Unity season pass?
Am I missing something?

A strange game.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

Xander77 posted:

A strange game.

"Game modes: classic, classic forget, ultimate, ultimate forget, ultimate forget total, USSR First Strike, Far East Strategy, Sudan Surprise."

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Do you have hard time waiting for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

Do you need your Geralt fix but have already spent most of your burger money on burgers?
Do you have a Kindle or the reader installed on a computer/phone/tablet?

Go grab the short story collection The Last Wish (7 stories) by Andrzej Sapkowski on Kindle Daily Deal for $1.99. Offer is good for the next 6-8 hours or so.
https://www.amazon.com/kindledailydeal

Snuffman posted:

Have you tried restarting Steam?
It's ready for me to install right now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pretty much, yeah. This was Kickstarted a while back and actually got heat from Saban for the visuals being "too similar" to Power Rangers, which delayed the game for a few months.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This game is surprisingly good. There's ragdolling, hats, and a quack button.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Pretty much, yeah. This was Kickstarted a while back and actually got heat from Saban for the visuals being "too similar" to Power Rangers, which delayed the game for a few months.

Which is so dumb since Power Rangers is just licensing a concept invented by someone else anyway!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Sc2k, wing commander 3 and 4, and ultima 8 added to the humble bundle.

Fps Sale at humble store, Duke 3d for 2 dollars for example.

theultimo fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 21, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

theultimo posted:

Sc2k, wing commander 3 and 4, and ultima 8 added to the humble bundle.

Fps Sale at humble store, Duke 3d for 2 dollars for example.
It's sad because I think they already gave away Simcity, Wing Commander 3, Peggle, and Dragon Age all for free with their Origin 'On the house' promotion.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Any recommendations for playing through Dark Souls 2 and enjoying myself? I don't have any of the DLC and when I tried the game at release I just found it frustrating unlike previous games.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Xeras posted:

Any recommendations for playing through Dark Souls 2 and enjoying myself? I don't have any of the DLC and when I tried the game at release I just found it frustrating unlike previous games.
Launch Dark Souls instead

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

Which is so dumb since Power Rangers is just licensing a concept invented by someone else anyway!

Yeah, and they made some ridiculous demands like "give us 50% of all the money you make or we sue you into the stone age," even though they would've lost in court. gently caress them. :(

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Xeras posted:

What was frustrating about it compared to Dark Souls or possibly even Demon Souls?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Xeras posted:

I don't know what could have been frustrating beyond the way Agility works. I do recommend picking up the DX11 version for the best possible experience though.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Don't forget durability

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they're actually fixing that in the next patch

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Heavy Bullets is $2 on Humble Store.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Don't forget durability

I never knew that bug existed back when I played DS2 because my weapons almost never broke even with it.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Azran posted:

I don't know what could have been frustrating beyond the way Agility works. I do recommend picking up the DX11 version for the best possible experience though.

I already own Dark Souls 2, how do I get the DX11 version?

As to what I found frustrating I found the dodging and parrying frustrating compared to previous games. I'm aware of agility I just don't like it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Xeras posted:

Pay $30 It does include the DLC, which is really good content.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you have to buy the new version. you get a discount if you own the original/dlc

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Xeras posted:

As to what I found frustrating I found the dodging and parrying frustrating compared to previous games. I'm aware of agility I just don't like it.

Scholar of the First Sin

Make sure to get the upgrade.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hav posted:

When did that happen? I haven't been near a store in a year and the change to White Dwarf managed to remove the last easy route to getting information...

It hasn't happened. However, 9th edition fantasy is rumored to be an extensive shakeup of the game. A radical change in setting (post world destroying cataclysm), factions being condensed or eliminated, large mechanic changes, "skirmish" style play ala 40k (though still with semi-optional ranking), and my favorite; a new faction of goodguys described as Elite Warriors who wear heavy armor and follow a godlike immortal leader.

Feel free to pop into the GW Deathpool thread in tradgames subforum and ask for more details if you're morbidly curious.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3603841

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Xeras posted:

Yeah agility's a terrible mechanic, best I've heard is that you should dump at least 20 levels into adaptability.

Awesome! posted:

they're actually fixing that in the next patch
For Scholar of the First Sin, sure, not heard about them backporting it to DS2 though.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It might be good to forewarn people that Scholar made some pretty large enemy layout changes and some of them might seem a tad extreme if you were already having issues with the game (i.e. hopefully you like fighting the Pursuer cause you'll be doing that a whole bunch). I mean it's appreciated that they did make improvements and performance changes, and I don't really mind the price. But if you were already having troubles with Dark Souls 2, I wouldn't really recommend getting the Scholar version.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fart of Presto posted:

Go grab the short story collection The Last Wish (7 stories) by Andrzej Sapkowski on Kindle Daily Deal for $1.99. Offer is good for the next 6-8 hours or so.
https://www.amazon.com/kindledailydeal
Already have it in Russian. Pan Sapkowski speaks Russian, was friends with the late translator, and has recommended the translation quality of the first few books as about equal to the original. I've been told that this is very much not the case for the English translation.

Meanwhile, the Russian translation for the latest book has the "Crown Instigator" (!) tell the city guard that since a crime had been committed, they should round up some suspects.

"The ones we generally do?"

Which is... about the fantastic quality I expect from Russian translations nowadays.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Niggurath posted:

It might be good to forewarn people that Scholar made some pretty large enemy layout changes and some of them might seem a tad extreme if you were already having issues with the game (i.e. hopefully you like fighting the Pursuer cause you'll be doing that a whole bunch). I mean it's appreciated that they did make improvements and performance changes, and I don't really mind the price. But if you were already having troubles with Dark Souls 2, I wouldn't really recommend getting the Scholar version.

Yeah I didn't find the original version of DS2 enjoyable, and certainly not enough for a $30 patch.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Niggurath posted:

They added more fights with the Pursuer? I may have to think about it some more now before getting the upgrade. I definitely did not enjoy that boss fight.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

RhoA posted:

They added more fights with the Pursuer? I may have to think about it some more now before getting the upgrade. I definitely did not enjoy that boss fight.
He appears about ummmm I'd say four times in the Lost Bastille. Four times.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Orv posted:

Who wants a creepy Warhams trailer?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv1Mp3v25fA

For a chess game?!

WarDead HammerSpace

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, and they made some ridiculous demands like "give us 50% of all the money you make or we sue you into the stone age," even though they would've lost in court. gently caress them. :(

Well they must have worked it out somehow, I hope they aren't actually required to pay them that much, jeez.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Niggurath posted:

Well, I guess I better work on my frustration level given that his one fight in Forest of Fallen Giants got me to quit playing DS2 for about a month.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RhoA posted:

Well, I guess I better work on my frustration level given that his one fight in Forest of Fallen Giants got me to quit playing DS2 for about a month.

You do know that the Fofg pursuer is optional, right?

(Well it's optional until much much later in the game at least)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 21, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

For Scholar of the First Sin, sure, not heard about them backporting it to DS2 though.

It's both versions, actually:

On Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam (DirectX 9), Steam (DirectX 11):
--Fixed issue whereby weapon durability was decreased drastically when used on enemy corpses, friendly characters, etc. (Especially apparent for users running the game at 60 fps as the durability decrease rate was linked to the frame rate).
--Fixed issue whereby actions requiring both button and stick controller input (Jump Attack, Guard Break).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Niggurath posted:

i just looked up the pursuer and of course they would make the guy you need to fight that many times a boring guy in a big suit of armor with a sword

• Locked thread