Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
hahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

holy poo poo you are mad lmfao

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

UltraVariant posted:

...For some reason, "6-pack" registered in my brain as a 6-man team, and not the actual 6-pack of KF2. And I already bought the game. :bang:

Give a copy to someone else, I don't need it since I was a stupid gently caress.

Well, uh... I could take it. I mean... I was gonna wait for my tax return to cover it, but ah... if it's free, suuuure.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
is lovely wizard mad or something

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man you guys are taking the lovely troll bait hard.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

ShadowMar posted:

holy poo poo you are mad lmfao

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Anyone know if the copy of KF1 that comes with the Digital Deluxe Edition is "giftable" if you already own it?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jueg01 posted:

Anyone know if the copy of KF1 that comes with the Digital Deluxe Edition is "giftable" if you already own it?

No

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I had never dared to dream bog standard arguments over bog standard EULA would bring such wonders :munch:

Jueg01 posted:

I think the Devs might be working working on this? along with the Steam cart hiccup of owning KF1 in first place meaning you cant buy the Deluxe upgrade if you got regular KF2.

EDIT: Checking just now, Deluxe upgrade is now buyable for me though warns I won't get a spare KF1 copy if I do.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 22, 2015

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Amazing, I finally got a pub team that was able to kill the boss without anyone dying. I'm living the dream.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but getting the

quote:

ERROR! Failed to install app '232130' (No subscription)

Since the wiki recommends that I have a separate steam account for my dedicated server does that mean I need to peel off one of my 6-pack installs and gift it to my steam server account?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Section Z posted:

I had never dared to dream bog standard arguments over bog standard EULA would bring such wonders :munch:

p sure that has to do more with that dude being a hellthread lover or w/e

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Bought it, played a couple rounds. Fun as anything. Pretty much plays like KF1 with a graphical update but there's literally nothing wrong with that.

Anybody else notice that Scrakes and Fleshpounds are a lot less threatening this time?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
If anything the new Scrakes are way more dangerous.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Fleshpounds feel less threatening but it seems like they take way longer to kill than I remember.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Epsilon Plus posted:

Fleshpounds feel less threatening but it seems like they take way longer to kill than I remember.

It is the lack of sharpshooters.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dezztroy posted:

If anything the new Scrakes are way more dangerous.
Yes Scrakes definitely feel more like a threat unless you're a Zerker and good at parrying. I need to get more of a hang of parrying, because the Pulverizer is such a fun weapon and I'm enjoying playing the class.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kill All Humans posted:

Amazing, I finally got a pub team that was able to kill the boss without anyone dying. I'm living the dream.
This hasn't been a problem for me yet. Out of the three games I've played fully, two of them we killed him with no casualties. The third game we lost.

Amazing that people are actually competent, though I guess if you're hype enough to buy the game the day it is in early access, you should be.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

It's worth noting that we're playing on normal (which is the new easy) with sub-level-1 (in KF1 terms) perks, so really at this point any perceived discrepancy in damage output on either side is just that.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

ZearothK posted:

It is the lack of sharpshooters.

Pffft, more like lack of people getting good with the double barreled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnbvyj1TnNU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

So, is each medic weapon having it's own healing needle cooldown intentional or an oversight? Because it's really loving useful.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Accordion Man posted:

Yes Scrakes definitely feel more like a threat unless you're a Zerker and good at parrying. I need to get more of a hang of parrying, because the Pulverizer is such a fun weapon and I'm enjoying playing the class.

Do Skrakes flinch less from a nice explosive sledgehammer swing on higher difficulties than normal I assume? I am the literal worst at parrying but alt for pulverizer seems to work out okay on "I get it, I'm not so good at this you guys :saddowns:" difficulty Skrakes.

Gunfire wise I am super terrible at consistently headshooting anything you really really want to consistently head shoot, such as Skrakes, Fleshpounds, Hans, and Sirens. Everything else I can close my eyes and pop the skulls off of though (oh sawblade right through the skull of a Husk, didn't even see you there). I swear my ability to click heads is inversely proportional to how important it is to click heads.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Section Z posted:

I swear my ability to click heads is inversely proportional to how important it is to click heads.

Christ this is exactly my experience as Commando. I 'mained' Sharpshooter in KF1 so I'm just gonna play Commando until it drops. I can put exactly one bullet into each head of a pack of clots and gorefasts but put a scrake in front of me and I forget entirely how to play videogames.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ShadowMar posted:

So, is each medic weapon having it's own healing needle cooldown intentional or an oversight? Because it's really loving useful.

I kinda like it, I mean I would prefer a universal pool that fills 3x as fast, but it's better than having to just stick with one slow pool. Now, should the handheld needle use all its charge to heal someone else? No.

Server structure is hosed right now. Can't make it to the last wave without crashing on a long game, but still having fun.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So far I'm enjoying the game, especially all the little changes. Playing dress-up with the characters is fun too.

I'm Luchadork_SA, by the way. I really need to shell out the :10bux: here to update my name.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Pffft, more like lack of people getting good with the double barreled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnbvyj1TnNU

poo poo like this is why I'll never really accept the AA into my heart

the deeply satisfying sound, kickback, and reload help too

Also, am I missing something or is the Eviscerater hot garbage compared to the alternative Nail-gun+Sledge

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 22, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ShadowMar posted:

It worked that way in KF1, so probably intentional. Your personal syringe is also on a separate cooldown.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

ITS OUT ITS OUT SUCK MY BALLS ITS OUT

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Did a 900mb+ patch just go live for anyone else?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Goddamn, the scrakes are a bigger threat than fleshpounds it seems.

I was pretty much in the commando camp in the first game, but everything seems so much tougher now, I'm enjoying the shotguns again.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Questioner86 and Turnways, are you guys going to be taking feedback for the game here or does it have to be posted via Steam or TWI forums? Just curious because I feel a lot of good tuning suggestions would originate here since most goons are basement dwellers who do nothing but play video games or Magic the Gathering all day.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Is it just me or is there zero feedback when you click play online now as to whether or not its actually doing anything

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Did a 900mb+ patch just go live for anyone else?
If it did, I didn't see it download. Would it say on the official site if they did that?

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Skoll posted:

Questioner86 and Turnways, are you guys going to be taking feedback for the game here or does it have to be posted via Steam or TWI forums? Just curious because I feel a lot of good tuning suggestions would originate here since most goons are basement dwellers who do nothing but play video games or Magic the Gathering all day.

I read all the posts and feedback in this thread and then I compile them into a document that I take to the daily live team meetings and we all put them up on the big screen and laugh at all the dumb virgins who think they know about games.

No, but really. We read all of this poo poo and we take it to heart but we've got a list as long as your arm at this point so don't take it personally when we don't make the thing you want into video game magic because we were busy trying to get the game working on people's laptops or whatever.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Are there enough servers now, or do you still have to fight for a single slot?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
What do the FOV sliders actually mean? What is equivalent to 90 FOV?

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Questioner86 posted:

don't take it personally when we don't make the thing you want into video game magic

You already took the thing I wanted and made video game magic. Holy poo poo, this game.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

dang y'all, Gameservers.com is strugglin'. can't get the management interface for Best Friend City to come up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

closeted republican posted:

Are there enough servers now, or do you still have to fight for a single slot?

Yes and no. There are servers, there's even goon special servers, but everything is hosed with connection issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this game is super good.