Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes and no. There are servers, there's even goon special servers, but everything is hosed with connection issues.
I played for 3 hours straight on like 3 different servers and had no issues despite having lovely internet, so I mean :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

closeted republican posted:

Are there enough servers now, or do you still have to fight for a single slot?

There's plenty of servers now but you can get kicked out of a server because someone connected while you were still loading the next map or the server might just go down/crash while loading. It's definitely more stable than earlier and if you can get into the game itself it should work fine.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Some maps are too drat dark and ADS sensitivity is all hosed up.

I've taken to putting on cross hairs and no-scoping everything but it gets grating after awhile.

Playing medic sucks because I need a flashlight on for most levels because of the darkness. Thought after the first game they wouldn't go back to doing that but hey, early access so I ain't too concerned yet. Still fun.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
None of the included 3 levels seem very dark at all to me. The subway tunnels on paris can get dark if you go out of your way to shoot out all the lights, but even then.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

oh my GOD i'm glad leveling up is just tied to xp and not the 'kill 50 whatevers with x weapon AND kill 100 of these other dudes AND weld TEN THOUSAND HITPOINTS...OF DOORS okay congrats you're level 1' bullshit from KF1

also laffo

lovely Wizard posted:

Check your retarded-priviledge if you think that an abuseable system wouldn't be abused. It's probably just a catch-all either way, but as long as it's not some automatic like some horribly made twitter blockbot, it should be a non-issue.
lmao sure is salty gators up in here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lovely Wizard posted:

Check your retarded-priviledge
https://www.tumblr.com/register

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

How are you guys defeating Hans? I keep getting to him and then my team wipes until there's only one guy kiting him.

The attack that really keeps getting me is his super charge. I run and run and yet he ALWAYS kills me with it. I've noticed when watching in spectator mode after I die that when he does that attack his tank gets a rocket booster during it. Does that mean he can't turn, so the trick is to side-step him?

Either way, loving it so far. Got up to Lv 5 on Medic so far. I find that tossing down heal grenades does wonders for helping the team get through the Heavies. Had a fight where me and a Commando got separated from the party. The pair of us fended off a double Fleshpound spawn by me tossing down medic grenades and standing in the healing mist as I took the attacks on the chin. Ate all my armor but trivialized what was otherwise horrible spawn luck.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I think lovely Wizard may be trolling, shocking for such a thing to happen in games but that's life.

Yeah it was the Paris map that was so dark. Biotics is kind of dark too but not as bad as Paris.

At this point I'm just going to wait for a patch for ADS sensitivity. For some reason the reduced sensitivity is making me really motion sick. Also is there mouse smoothing? I'm having weird issues with mouse movement in general where sometimes I turn too fast or slow.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
You usually shoot him, until he's dead. That's how you kill Hans.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alkydere posted:

How are you guys defeating Hans? I keep getting to him and then my team wipes until there's only one guy kiting him.
To be honest, I have no idea. I've only managed to beat him in Paris for some reason. I guess just be really coordinated and try to keep reasonable distance from him. Also, always keep the Medic alive, of course.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I wasn't really a big fan of berserker in KF1 because the hit feedback was very :geno: but god drat is it fun as hell to swat away zeds with the shovel or explode them with the shotgun hammer in this game.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

UltraVariant posted:

To be honest, I have no idea. I've only managed to beat him in Paris for some reason. I guess just be really coordinated and try to keep reasonable distance from him. Also, always keep the Medic alive, of course.

Well, my deaths to him either come down to getting blinded by nerve gas and finding out too late that the door wasn't directly behind me and off to the side, and the slashy-chargy attack which is "Okay, stop hitting me now! gently caress! Ow! You're a video game boss you're supposed to give me room to back off!"

The former is just me being dumb, but the latter I have no clue how to make him stop hitting me before he kills me from near full health. He runs faster than me as a medic and he just doesn't stop attacking.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I stay right next to Hans and circle strafe him so he uses his melee attacks instead of his assault rifles. Other than that it's just about dodging grenades, nerve gas, and healing people who get grabbed.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Playing medic sucks because I need a flashlight on for most levels because of the darkness. Thought after the first game they wouldn't go back to doing that but hey, early access so I ain't too concerned yet. Still fun.
Your SMG, which is unnecessarily badass for a cheap upgrade, comes with a flashlight. Press F to turn it on.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I've only been able to beat Hans in solo mode while waiting for the servers to unfuck earlier today(which I was surprised to see was easier than KF1 solo).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Your SMG, which is unnecessarily badass for a cheap upgrade, comes with a flashlight. Press F to turn it on.

Actually, all the medic weapons BESIDES the pistol have flashlights. The pistol is the only exception.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone have room in a 6 packs??

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Holy poo poo the melee smash is a good addition. It's especially fun smashing a skull apart in slow mo :black101:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Two things:

My game crashed due to that error. GTX 980.

2. The amount of Scrakes you have to fight, and their frequency back-to-back on Long games is ridiculous. Way way more than in KF1. It's kind of unfair. And it starts at like, Wave 6.

Other than that, GOTY.

Also no filter Full or filter Passworded options for servers at the server browser menu. KF1 had these.

Also: why can't you make a party from the server browser menu?

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 22, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am medic. I am the best class in the game. I have both a healing shotgun and assault rifle whose medical darts lock on to people, and that's not even getting into what happens when I have perks!

Whether its dartin or killin, I'm makin dosh.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crabtree posted:

I am medic. I am the best class in the game. I have both a healing shotgun and assault rifle whose medical darts lock on to people, and that's not even getting into what happens when I have perks!
I am support. I kill things with boom-boom guns and weld doors because Tripwire ran out of ideas.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im the firebug and I

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
One thing I've noticed, is really bad lag between rounds. I've even had a crash once. what I notice is that as soon as it unsticks is that a different audio clip plays. the fact that all the stutters happen in the first few rounds and hardly at all in the later ones lead me to believe it's all the squawking done by players and the shop lady. I take it the audio is not pre-loaded, judging from this. And when someone says something new mid-round, the stutter can be lethal.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Two things:

My game crashed due to that error. GTX 980.

2. The amount of Scrakes you have to fight, and their frequency back-to-back on Long games is ridiculous. Way way more than in KF1. It's kind of unfair. And it starts at like, Wave 6.

Other than that, GOTY.

Also no filter Full or filter Passworded options for servers at the server browser menu. KF1 had these.

Also: why can't you make a party from the server browser menu?

face tanking scrakes/flesh pounds in medic gas is what me and my pals do when we face them. they same alot easier in this game. admittedly i'm playing normal right now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Anyone else crashing right at the start menu? Steam forums say to add the game to my Nvidia files, and I did that but it's still not working. Also verified and uninstalled and re-installed twice.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Whether its dartin or killin, I'm makin dosh.
On the other hand, I think that at higher levels medic is going to feel pretty drat weak, like some kind of cheap Commando, when it comes to actually killing things. Without the +damage perks or class level-ups, its going to be harder and harder to bring anything but trash down. The only +damage the medics get that I can see are that Lacerate ability that applies a DoT and upgrading the grenades to gently caress with the enemies. Other than that, you're going to continue to be an off-perk commando that can heal like a goddamn beast.

Which is still pretty cool.

e: Kinda don't see the point of the commando right now, to be honest. Supports and berserkers are both really good and pretty unique, but commando/medic overlap a lot in some ways.
e2: I'm also really bad at this game.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 22, 2015

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

DarklyDreaming posted:

Anyone else crashing right at the start menu? Steam forums say to add the game to my Nvidia files, and I did that but it's still not working. Also verified and uninstalled and re-installed twice.

Anyone have issues with Nvidia graphics in general? I have a GTX 850M (hooray laptop gaming :v:), i7 4710 HQ and 8 Gigs of ram and even with everything turned down it seems to run like a Powerpoint.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jueg01 posted:

Anyone have issues with Nvidia graphics in general? I have a GTX 850M (hooray laptop gaming :v:), i7 4710 HQ and 8 Gigs of ram and even with everything turned down it seems to run like a Powerpoint.
GT 640 here. Had some minor frame skips when everything was set to high, but that's it. Turning a few things down to medium and I easily get flawless 100 FPS. :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So apparently servers are having issues loading the next wave in series, because we are having problems that always happen right before the next wave starts, while at the trader.

Odd odd.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
How are we organizing games as goon groups? Do we have a steam group?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
we broke dreamship's server by stacking dosh on the bridge map's fountain :shobon:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Quick question, does using the medic shotgun give XP to support class? That would be a convenient way to level medic at the same time

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Blazing Zero posted:

we broke dreamship's server by stacking dosh on the bridge map's fountain :shobon:

Yes we did and NO REGRETS

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

Yes we did and NO REGRETS

How do I play with you guys? :(

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Okay, so either

Drakenel posted:

One thing I've noticed, is really bad lag between rounds. I've even had a crash once. what I notice is that as soon as it unsticks is that a different audio clip plays. the fact that all the stutters happen in the first few rounds and hardly at all in the later ones lead me to believe it's all the squawking done by players and the shop lady. I take it the audio is not pre-loaded, judging from this. And when someone says something new mid-round, the stutter can be lethal.
This is happening to some servers very often.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes and no. There are servers, there's even goon special servers, but everything is hosed with connection issues.

Or you need to get a refund on your server.

I can't tell if it is the server's problem or the voice clips. Sometimes hiccups happen mid-round, but mostly the huge think-someone-just-disconnected-your-internet hangups are mid-trader. Maybe something to do with DJ skully voice files since he's the new variable?

I've gone multiple games without issue. Never once had loading issues in beta. But now after the round ends and the really short celebratory time comes a super long disconnect and load for the next map. It is super annoying.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

My face when I inadvertently parried a Fleshpound:

:aaaaa:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ravenfood posted:

On the other hand, I think that at higher levels medic is going to feel pretty drat weak, like some kind of cheap Commando, when it comes to actually killing things. Without the +damage perks or class level-ups, its going to be harder and harder to bring anything but trash down. The only +damage the medics get that I can see are that Lacerate ability that applies a DoT and upgrading the grenades to gently caress with the enemies. Other than that, you're going to continue to be an off-perk commando that can heal like a goddamn beast.

Which is still pretty cool.

e: Kinda don't see the point of the commando right now, to be honest. Supports and berserkers are both really good and pretty unique, but commando/medic overlap a lot in some ways.
e2: I'm also really bad at this game.

Medic is always a healbot. Medic throws its nade down when there's a few skrigs or Flesh Pounds so people can swing around the health cloud while it poisons the zeds. So far I'm the only person left alive as goons and pubs are learning just how much of a piece of poo poo Hans really is and I have a decent chance of pulling off a victory.

I mean, I'm glad they figured out most medics just went for an assault or shotty secondary in the first game and just made them have one of everything. Medic may not hit the hardest, but Medic is there when the team needs to heal all at once.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Brackhar posted:

How are we organizing games as goon groups? Do we have a steam group?
I was thinking about this. Someone should make one. I'd certainly love a good Goon v. Zed match.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

UltraVariant posted:

I was thinking about this. Someone should make one. I'd certainly love a good Goon v. Zed match.

Making one now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

I mean, I'm glad they figured out most medics just went for an assault or shotty secondary in the first game and just made them have one of everything. Medic may not hit the hardest, but Medic is there when the team needs to heal all at once.

I always took the LAR for my secondary :colbert:

So far the game has been running great for me without issues, except for a few odd glitches like the spectator HUD still being visible after I join a game in progress, and for some reason the plaza area in the Paris map gave me crazy slowdown when I fought Hans there.

Also whoever dropped the hint about increasing the number of bodies displayed in the .ini, you are a hero