Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Seems like there is no limits to the threads one can create so maybe it could have its own thread

Then go make a 3ds thread that doesn't allow Xenoblade talk then smart guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
My 3DS keeps forgetting what day it is. I already told it the correct date a few days ago and now it's off by one day again, what the heck.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Every 3DS game is actually terrible.

Except for A-Train 3D. That game's ok.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

if xenoblade doesn't look bad to you, then sir, it is you who needs new eyes

How you continue to not know how graphics work is incredible.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I wish the 3DS had a better resolution than my old sony ericson walkman phone I had in 2006

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ragequit posted:

How does knowing how a thing works make it look better

Is knowledge.....power!?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really like Xenoblade, and by Xenoblade I mean Fantasy Life

I'm the cutest lil' witch :unsmith:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ragequit posted:

please tell me how understanding how graphics work makes a game look better. the game looks bad regardless of how graphics work. it's like saying poo poo don't stink because you understand the body needs to do it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just upgraded to a New 3DS with the System Transfer. Many of you make it seem like the most complicated thing ever, but it literally walks you through every step of the process. I thought it would be complicated as gently caress when I see step by step guides to do it, but the only way you could gently caress it up is by turning off the power mid transfer.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

please tell me how understanding how graphics work makes a game look better. the game looks bad regardless of how graphics work. it's like saying poo poo don't stink because you understand the body needs to do it.

I just want to know what you expected to see, because for the format of the game the graphics are actually pretty impressive. It loads a hell of a lot of stuff at once so you can jump around landmarks instantly and explore the large areas without constant loading screens. There are no other games on the 3DS that come close in scope, so you can't hold it up to graphics in games like DKCR 3D (lol?) like you did earlier.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ragequit posted:

I just want to know what you expected to see, because for the format of the game the graphics are actually pretty impressive. It loads a hell of a lot of stuff at once so you can jump around landmarks instantly and explore the large areas without constant loading screens. There are no other games on the 3DS that come close in scope, so you can't hold it up to graphics in games like DKCR 3D (lol?) like you did earlier.

yeah it's cool they figured out how to get quake 2 running on the n64

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

yeah it's cool they figured out how to get quake 2 running on the n64

Quake 2's nothing. Getting Resident Evil 2 to work on the N64 was a hell of an achievement.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hell they got Starcraft running on that thing and lo did the Lord weep at the result

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I think that Xenoblade actually looks pretty good considering that the 3DS has about as much processing power as a box of pop tarts in comparison to every other gaming platform on the market. I'm just past what I assume is the first chapter, and I'm going back into the cave.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ragequit posted:

expected not to see rear end and was given fresh delivered rear end.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I have seen the lowest res texture stretched over the largest area displayed on the smallest screen. I can finally die complete.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

expected not to see rear end and was given fresh delivered rear end.

So I assume you think the Monster Hunter games are an abomination to your blessed vision as well?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ragequit posted:

So I assume you think the Monster Hunter games are an abomination to your blessed vision as well?

i don't play monster hunter but i'll be surprised if they look as bad as xenoblade

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The monster hunter games do look kinda bad though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MonHun 4 looks way better than Xenoblade

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Lets never stop btiching about graphics .
How hard would it be to get battletanks on the 3ds but with actual textures and online?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Finally play Mario Party Island Tour that I got from Club Nintendo. Its pretty good. Why did people say it was bad?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jarogue posted:

Finally play Mario Party Island Tour that I got from Club Nintendo. Its pretty good. Why did people say it was bad?

No online multiplayer which was a disappoint and boring boards iirc. Also reviewers loving hate Mario Party and always have.

I heard the minigames were good though so I've been considering picking it up to play with friends when I go to visit them

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

majormonotone posted:

No online multiplayer which was a disappoint and boring boards iirc. Also reviewers loving hate Mario Party and always have.

I heard the minigames were good though so I've been considering picking it up to play with friends when I go to visit them

Online multiplayer in Mario Party would put people out of strangling reach. :toughguy:

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
It's been 3 weeks and I still have analysis paralysis over whether to choose Mario Kart 7 or Mario Golf for my platinum reward. :(

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

majormonotone posted:

boring boards iirc.

Boards are more like something I could have played or made in real life. But I like them since some of them are short and don't take a hour long to finish.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Online multiplayer in Mario Party would put people out of strangling reach. :toughguy:

Haven't played Mario Party in ages, but this game on Steam reminded me of it. It's called B.U.T.T.O.N. and it seems to encourage beating the hell out of each other.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Jadaris posted:

It's been 3 weeks and I still have analysis paralysis over whether to choose Mario Kart 7 or Mario Golf for my platinum reward. :(
Get Mario Golf, and then if you don't own it already, go pick up a Wii U and Mario Kart 8.

It is far better than Mario Kart 7.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jadaris posted:

Golf since Kart is on sale sometimes.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Crawfish posted:

Get Mario Golf, and then if you don't own it already, go pick up a Wii U and Mario Kart 8.

It is far better than Mario Kart 7.

lmao what is this poo poo

don't take this free game, spend 400 on this other one that is slightly different and slightly worse/better.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

I wish the 3DS had a better resolution than my old sony ericson walkman phone I had in 2006

That is actually pretty fair to say.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Francis posted:

Every 3DS game is actually terrible.

Except for A-Train 3D. That game's ok.

Is it?

Is it?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jadaris posted:

If the quality of the 3D is a factor, Kart. Plus it's pretty great and the gliders and track revisions are pretty awesome. I don't get all the hatred in this thread directed toward both it and Smash, they're both great games.

Not everyone has or even wants a Wii U.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Smoremaster posted:

My 3DS keeps forgetting what day it is. I already told it the correct date a few days ago and now it's off by one day again, what the heck.

Did you set AM/PM correctly?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Fuzz posted:

If the quality of the 3D is a factor, Kart. Plus it's pretty great and the gliders and track revisions are pretty awesome. I don't get all the hatred in this thread directed toward both it and Smash, they're both great games.

Not everyone has or even wants a Wii U.

I have never seen anyone in this thread direct hate towards Smash 3DS and the most I've seen about Mario Kart 7 amounts to "a little bland compared to a lot of other Mario Karts". They're both great imo

Though if given the choice between Mario Kart and Mario Golf I'd have to go with the latter, hands down. Mario Golf is fantastic

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All 3DS games are good, mostly because they're on the 3DS.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The original A-Train was too complex for my stupidly simple child mind at the time, so how does A-Train 3D hold up?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
If you can play a handheld while on a treadmill you're going like 2mph or slower which doesn't even count as exercise. Yeah I know I'm late to treadmill chat, gently caress you!

I'm actually playing Mario 3D Land more than MH4U which is surprising, but MH always hooks me in so it's just a matter of time...

Oh yeah, is Earthbound on this thing or is that only on the Wii / Wii U shop?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Static Rook posted:

If you can play a handheld while on a treadmill you're going like 2mph or slower which doesn't even count as exercise. Yeah I know I'm late to treadmill chat, gently caress you!

I'm actually playing Mario 3D Land more than MH4U which is surprising, but MH always hooks me in so it's just a matter of time...

Oh yeah, is Earthbound on this thing or is that only on the Wii / Wii U shop?

Wii U's eShop only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

MonHun 4 looks way better than Xenoblade

One thing to consider with that is that Monster Hunter's areas look big, but they're broken up into much smaller chunks with a lot of loading screens between them. In Xenoblade, you can go from one end of a truly massive area to another and not encounter a single loading screen. Not a one. If you skip travel between areas a lot, then yeah, you will see loading screens. If you're just tromping around Gaur Plain for awhile? Nope, no loading to be seen here.

I don't know what that says about the graphical capabilities of each game, but I'm sure there's some point to be made. I just wanted to mention it because I hate loading screens.