Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Man, the amount of head bobbing bothers me, especially when playing as Zerker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Rorus Raz posted:

How does parrying work? It seemed like holding the button made me take less damage from a Scrake, but maybe that's a placebo effort.

Hit the parry button as they are attacking to block the attack and make them stumble back.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
I dunno man

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 22, 2015

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Doesn't that kinda stuff normally go into pgs since, unless the paywall is up anyone can see it?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Boy howdy is this a fun game. Looking forward to seeing what Tripwire puts in as they go!

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

My friend sent me a video of how his computer is handling KF2.

:stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kAItflGHF4

he's reinstalling to see if that fixes it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Ahahah, if you reload a melee weapon, or at least the machete, your character does a little Shadow Warrior style clean the blood off type thing with it.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I bumped up the body limit to 150 for this one, and my frame rate started to noticeably drop.

My only complaint is that the game doesn't have enough of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2ZmQqVfRk

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Ahahah, if you reload a melee weapon, or at least the machete, your character does a little Shadow Warrior style clean the blood off type thing with it.

You can flick the blood off of the katana like one of my animes

Vlathanos
Oct 12, 2009
Am I just terrible at the game or are Scrakes a nightmare to deal with currently. I've mostly been playing on hard and each time our group runs into Scrakes we just wipe.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Ramsus posted:

I can't get the attack that uses the pulverizer's ammo to work. All I have is regular attack, parry, and whatever the V button is called. What am I doing wrong?

Game's great so far, but I miss the campy voice acting of the first one.

Also I hope they come out with some filthy rusty looking maps like we had in KF1. I like the feel of those better than the shiny future science ones.

The aim down sights button (mouse2 for 99% of players, probably) becomes the heavy attack for the melee weapons.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Renzuko posted:

Doesn't that kinda stuff normally go into pgs since, unless the paywall is up anyone can see it?

All of those servers have already been posted in this thread. Just wanted more dudes :(

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Why does this game always end with one dude left alive kiting the boss around in circles

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Less recoil/head bobbing is needed

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ruggington posted:

You can flick the blood off of the katana like one of my animes

This a good game.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Reason posted:

Less recoil/head bobbing is needed

It's so wobbly that I kind of struggle to focus on my aim some of the time, it feels like it's gonna take some getting used to. It'd be nice to have a slider for the intensity or something.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Why does this game always end with one dude left alive kiting the boss around in circles

because the rest of his team stood in the nerve gas.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

ClonedPickle posted:

The aim down sights button (mouse2 for 99% of players, probably) becomes the heavy attack for the melee weapons.

Oh poo poo, thanks!

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Mechanical Fiend posted:

This needs to be a mutator ASAP.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

If you're like me and love cheesy vocals to go with your buttrock, make sure to enable the vocals in the audio settings menu.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Feels like im the only one buying flamethrowers in this game. The weapon feels just as good as in KF1 and I cant imagine how good it will be once we get firebugs back. Give it a try sometime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mechanical Fiend posted:

It is using his integrated card instead of his gpu. Had the same problem, easy fix.

Also, no one is using flamethrowers because you don't get exp for doing so.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ShadowMar posted:

If you're like me and love cheesy vocals to go with your buttrock, make sure to enable the vocals in the audio settings menu.

It also helps to say "Oh poo poo, this is that new zYnthetic joint!" and things along those lines over comms when the songs switch.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Questioner86 posted:

I read all the posts and feedback in this thread and then I compile them into a document that I take to the daily live team meetings and we all put them up on the big screen and laugh at all the dumb virgins who think they know about games.

No, but really. We read all of this poo poo and we take it to heart but we've got a list as long as your arm at this point so don't take it personally when we don't make the thing you want into video game magic because we were busy trying to get the game working on people's laptops or whatever.

Hey Questioner, here is the UI bug I told you about yesterday with the menu xp bars not matching the store xp bar (unless that thing in the store top right isnt an XP bar in which case silly me)
these screenshots were about 5 seconds apart:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Figured I'd post here before I went to sleep to see if anyone else had a similar problem: Got the game installed as soon as it dropped, hopped onto a server to play and everything was going fantastic! Had tons of fun, we wiped on the boss every time cause we're a bunch of dumbo level 0 perks still getting used to the game.

The problem started after about the second or third map. Suddenly mid round, I started getting massive audio feedback that would only occur during the round when zeds were still spawning. It kind of sounded like a couple different sirens screaming all just slightly out of time, with various other noises mixed in to create a screeching hellmix of sounds that literally had me taking off my headset. People talking on voice chat in game came through fine, and as soon as the round ended the horrible noise stopped, but it would always come back as soon as the round started unless it was the boss wave.

I had all my video settings set to low, maybe something in there caused it, I'll need to try again tomorrow to see if it crops up once more with the same settings and then mess around to see if different quality settings fix it or not. Can't really understand why video settings would cause that to happen though, very weird.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SaffronKit posted:

Figured I'd post here before I went to sleep to see if anyone else had a similar problem: Got the game installed as soon as it dropped, hopped onto a server to play and everything was going fantastic! Had tons of fun, we wiped on the boss every time cause we're a bunch of dumbo level 0 perks still getting used to the game.

The problem started after about the second or third map. Suddenly mid round, I started getting massive audio feedback that would only occur during the round when zeds were still spawning. It kind of sounded like a couple different sirens screaming all just slightly out of time, with various other noises mixed in to create a screeching hellmix of sounds that literally had me taking off my headset. People talking on voice chat in game came through fine, and as soon as the round ended the horrible noise stopped, but it would always come back as soon as the round started unless it was the boss wave.

I had all my video settings set to low, maybe something in there caused it, I'll need to try again tomorrow to see if it crops up once more with the same settings and then mess around to see if different quality settings fix it or not. Can't really understand why video settings would cause that to happen though, very weird.

Maybe an audio file got corrupted while you downloaded it. Try validating your game files in steam.

Alternatively, enjoy your new Silent Hill game.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was looking through the art book. It says a bunch of neat stuff in terms of design decisions and story. For instance, the Crawler was going to be more insectoid and with almost nearly no identifiable human elements, and a lot of the monsters had metal ports around their body for mechanical cloning but they decided to make all monsters just mutated Clots because of a plot point that Clots themselves are being grown from that weird tree-looking thing in Biotics Lab.

And also because of that plot point, they also removed the Bloat's nipple rings. Like, it explicitly states that.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

I wanna quote this forever. Killing Floor 2 owns so hard.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I wish Hans' gas grenades didn't stack because it's kinda bullshit when all three of them land in the same spot and you go from 100 to dead in about a second.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Hed posted:

I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but getting the

Since the wiki recommends that I have a separate steam account for my dedicated server does that mean I need to peel off one of my 6-pack installs and gift it to my steam server account?

I had this issue, logging on anonymously instead of using my steam login allowed me to download it.

Meow Tse-tung posted:

My only gripe with this so far is I miss the previous weapon toggle option from KF1. I suck so much at mashing 1-4 mid fight and end up doing dumb poo poo like hitting the console while fumbling around to switch weapons. I'm so used to just hitting my mouse sidebutton to quickswap weapons for quick combos.

Yeah this is pretty much something i'd like back because I used to do exactly the same thing. Except now I keep accidentaly healing myself because I think q is quickchange from playing cs.

Also is parrying a melee only thing?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Only melee weapons can block which means that they're also the only weapons that can parry.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dezztroy posted:

I wish Hans' gas grenades didn't stack because it's kinda bullshit when all three of them land in the same spot and you go from 100 to dead in about a second.

You can duck them if you're quick but wowee it's some hot garbage getting grabbed by a clot in a gas cloud :(

Also he did that lunge grab thing to me earlier around a corner. So, that was fun. :stare:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I hope the art book gets updated as new classes/maps/characters/etc get added. I love looking at concept art.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SaffronKit posted:

Yeah, I've been having the same problem, for me it started after one of the beta patches (I want to say 1003, but I can't be sure, as I didn't play much in the later beta period), but was clear before. It is rather grating, I've tried reducing graphical options without success.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

track day bro! posted:

Yeah this is pretty much something i'd like back because I used to do exactly the same thing. Except now I keep accidentaly healing myself because I think q is quickchange from playing cs.
KF1 actually had a "last weapon" quickchange like CS bind-able key. So of course I bound it to q in KF1 and now it's loving me up super hard.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

I'm not really sold on Zerk ATM. The only advantage it has over support is being able to tank with parry (which I haven't gotten used to yet).

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

closeted republican posted:

Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

Sounds exactly like Support from KF1.

I'm still riding on the hope that when they add Sharpshooter, it just turns the game into babymode regardless of difficulty like in KF1.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Reasons to play Berserker:
  1. It's really run to send zeds flying with the shovel heavy attack
  2. Shotgun hammer
Seriously though hitting things as Berserker is so much fun in this compared to KF1

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The LAR and M14 are my precious babies and this game won't be right until they come back to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I want akimbo pistols back partially because I really want to see the cool rear end reloads they come up with, and also because dualies