Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Server is back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
The new Pilot ship for all 3 factions is in the second mission, they look pretty nice.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So did the new FEs wind up getting decent rewards?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Tuskin38 posted:

The new Pilot ship for all 3 factions is in the second mission, they look pretty nice.

The fed and kdf got posted earlier in the thread; a screenshot of the romulan would be aces.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Trebuchet King posted:

The fed and kdf got posted earlier in the thread; a screenshot of the romulan would be aces.

Courtesy of our special friends at reddit - the romulan bugship!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Alright, I'm back from my country retreat. Should I bother logging in at all or have even the ERPist scum given up now?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

So did the new FEs wind up getting decent rewards?
The first offers a new science boff skill and there's a set I didn't look at too closely in the first one and a weird and interesting console in the second. Except the set stuff for the first FE starts getting rewarded next week, this week you only get the generic replay rewards. :allears:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

The first offers a new science boff skill and there's a set I didn't look at too closely in the first one and a weird and interesting console in the second. Except the set stuff for the first FE starts getting rewarded next week, this week you only get the generic replay rewards. :allears:

What

The gently caress

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

SKY COQ posted:

Courtesy of our special friends at reddit - the romulan bugship!

holy poo poo its a facehugger

Have ship traits for these pilot ships been rooted out yet?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Wait is the beam from the FE unique? I wanted to deck my ship out in them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tails have been nerfed.

:(

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Tunicate posted:

Tails have been nerfed.

:(

BOOOOOOOOO

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

All three queues will be as loving impossible to pug on advanced/elite as Borg Disconnected was, and they require a degree of coordination that the rubber banding mega-lag makes difficult even on normal. Also the normal ground queue gives all of like fifteen marks for a fifteen minute run if you miss one of the main objectives.

Yeah I don't think I'll be bothering to grind out iconian gear. :effort:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You can get the Iconian marks/items from Bug Hunt or Korfez if you really want Iconian gear, I think.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that. Luckily, running bug hunt a hundred more times is pretty eas-

:effort:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

Alright, I'm back from my country retreat. Should I bother logging in at all or have even the ERPist scum given up now?

I haven't been on since like February, but I'm sure there are holdouts on Risa who need a little Dental in their lives.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Logging on again to see what this new galaxy map is like. Since they've introduced t6 fleet ships now, is there finally a romulan ship better than the scimitar?

Edit: Nevermind. The game won't recognize any mouse clicks on any UI elements, making it impossible to play. Guess I'll check again next month.

g0del fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 22, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

No

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

g0del posted:

Logging on again to see what this new galaxy map is like. Since they've introduced t6 fleet ships now, is there finally a romulan ship better than the scimitar?
I've been finding the Fleet Faeht to be fantastic, but it does have one less weapon slot than the Scimitar.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Which of the two Iconian space STFs is the least painful way for me to get my daily mark bonus?

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Asimo posted:

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that. Luckily, running bug hunt a hundred more times is pretty eas-

:effort:
Kobali ground gives you iconian marks and 2 balls per day thank god.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bagpuss posted:

Kobali ground gives you iconian marks and 2 balls per day thank god.

Which Kobali ground? I went and defended the bridge earlier and just automatically got Delta marks.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Which of the two Iconian space STFs is the least painful way for me to get my daily mark bonus?
Bug Hunt Elite. :v:

MikeJF posted:

Which Kobali ground? I went and defended the bridge earlier and just automatically got Delta marks.
Yeah, curious here too. The kobali zone is poo poo, but I'll tolerate it for a week to get the daily bonus and enough tokens for the rep stuff. (What is it? 15 for the space set, 9 for the console set, another 9 for the ground set..?)

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

MikeJF posted:

The last 2 missions apparently give that stuff out.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It looks like it's

"At the Gates", the open mission triggered by "Breaking the Wall"
"The Last Stand", the open mission triggered by "With our Last Breath"

When I went there there were an awful lot of people doing At The Gates, so that seems like an easy source of marks.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

There are no words.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

It looks like it's

When I went there there were an awful lot of people doing At The Gates, so that seems like an easy source of marks.

And then Cryptic will nerf it once they notice you're not taking six months to complete one tier of reputation.

Goat Pillager posted:

There are no words.

Nah, there's two. BUTTS and DONGS

Korgan fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 22, 2015

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Yeah, it's the last 2, there's usually a few people around getting their daily APCs and now iconian things now I guess. The first one only takes so long because you have to stand there and cap 2 points.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Goat Pillager posted:

There are no words.
:commissar:

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

Goat Pillager posted:

There are no words.

So what's the context behind that? Other than the fact it exists and it's a pulse alt?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:munch:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

It looks like it's

Ah handy.

... And why is it only once per day? The battlezones let you get a ton. :geno: And yes this question is rhetorical, I know it's because the lead developer is a shitlord grognard who demands massive pointless grinds.

Goat Pillager posted:

There are no words.
:stonk:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Will the Blood of the Ancients Tech Upgrade reward go away next week or something like that?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Will the Blood of the Ancients Tech Upgrade reward go away next week or something like that?
I suspect it will work like the prior FE where you can get one per account per week while the "event" lasts (basically, until after all the rewards are available) but I haven't seen confirmation from Cryptic either way yet. Admittedly I also haven't looked for any, but it seems like one more simple thing to get those log in metrics up so I can't imagine it being differently this time.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
The Furry contingent on STO is pissed that Cryptic failed to include the Caitian homeworld in the new sector space update. Even after Taco hopped on the thread and told them it's not happening (along the lines of: "I'm not going to make a new planet just because you want a homeworld for your toon"), they are continuing to stand their ground.

quote:

*me targets tacofangs, hits Cloak, APB3, OSS3, EPW3, DEM2, Tactical Fleet, APAlpha... uncloaks
*me looks at Mr. Kitty (my caitian commander) 'Fire... AT WILL'

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1435871

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

I suspect it will work like the prior FE where you can get one per account per week while the "event" lasts (basically, until after all the rewards are available) but I haven't seen confirmation from Cryptic either way yet. Admittedly I also haven't looked for any, but it seems like one more simple thing to get those log in metrics up so I can't imagine it being differently this time.

loving FE rewards threw out my plan of loading up on the disruptor beam arrays available next week.

Now thinking about other weapon options. Has anyone played with Biomatter plasma yet?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

The new science power from the FE is pretty nice on a partgen boat, it does physical damage within 3k of the target so it works really nicely with grav well. The tooltip says it's a deflector but the deflector cooldown doffs don't seem to effect it though :cryptic:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Wow, this is what you guys were talking about, I missed the first half of that conversation apparently.

Who was the counterparty in that? Is it pulse and his alt?

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 22, 2015

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

Wow, this is what you guys were talking about, I missed the first half of that conversation apparently.

Who was the counterparty in that? Is it pulse and his alt?

It's apparently some other goon furry, twenkymapes, who got kicked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Goat Pillager posted:

It's apparently some other goon furry, twenkymapes, who got kicked out.

And we're sure that "twenkymapes," a name that seems almost like it specially designed to make me want to spit and clench my fist, isn't a pulse alt and that this isn't some kind of prank?

• Locked thread