Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

The LAR and M14 are my precious babies and this game won't be right until they come back to me

I just want the crossbow. That thing destroyed everything, and you could get your shots back if you're careful enough. It was like a sniper rifle except you pull the bullets out of the wall two miles behind the guy you shot and put it back in your gun.

It feels like nearly every game thinks that you can balance really overpowered weapons just by making it reward extreme precision and thinking nobody could possibly aim that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Just a heads up, extra dead bodies is AWESOME but 100 is too many for my poor high end computer, 40 seems to be a good compromise.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
The only thing I don't really enjoy about playing Support pre-level-5 is shotgun recoil. It seems a little bit excessive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Insert name here posted:

I want akimbo pistols back partially because I really want to see the cool rear end reloads they come up with, and also because dualies

I want akimbo .44s and USPs and the Gunslinger perk. I hope we get a Colt SAA at some point, too.

e; hey Questioner, would it be possible to make aiming down sights cancel reload? It's really frustrating having to wait an age and a half for the reload animation to finish on shotguns so you can ADS with them. :( It's not much of an issue with other guns because you can fire one round to cancel the animation but I only get 8/6/2 and they get loaded one by one.

Also, I'd love it if we could get a partial reload animation for the double-barrel (doesn't have to be any faster, it just bugs me when you magically eject two shells all the time instead of holding one down).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 22, 2015

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Berserker is really fun but man do their perk choices look lame, tons of 10% chance to trigger poo poo and nothing good for durability makes me really hope that aspect of the class gets some love.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I just want the crossbow. That thing destroyed everything, and you could get your shots back if you're careful enough. It was like a sniper rifle except you pull the bullets out of the wall two miles behind the guy you shot and put it back in your gun.

It feels like nearly every game thinks that you can balance really overpowered weapons just by making it reward extreme precision and thinking nobody could possibly aim that well.

crossbleh

Bruc posted:

Berserker is really fun but man do their perk choices look lame, tons of 10% chance to trigger poo poo and nothing good for durability makes me really hope that aspect of the class gets some love.

The perk choices seem like the most Early Access thing right now

what the gently caress am I gonna do with night vision as a berserker

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 22, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I hope we get a Colt SAA at some point, too.

Either that or a Schofield.

And a lever action shotgun.

:clint:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Capn Beeb posted:

You can duck them if you're quick but wowee it's some hot garbage getting grabbed by a clot in a gas cloud :(

Also he did that lunge grab thing to me earlier around a corner. So, that was fun. :stare:

I have noticed that the game really, really likes doing "Oh, you're running from that position? Well look out because here comes [some big monster such as a fleshpound] rounding the corner/doorway you're coming up on!"

CaudaVenenus
Sep 17, 2004

Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you.
Is there a way to stop a pump-action or combat shotgun reload part-way through without actually shooting? Like stop the reload, aim, then shoot rather than shoot straight away?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

CaudaVenenus posted:

Is there a way to stop a pump-action or combat shotgun reload part-way through without actually shooting? Like stop the reload, aim, then shoot rather than shoot straight away?

Melee bashing. I usually accidentally kill Stalkers doing that, anyways.

I think you can also briefly sprint to get out of it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Either that or a Schofield.

And a lever action shotgun.

:clint:

But the Schofield is top-break rather than having a fixed cylinder. I want the fixed cylinder. :(

We're getting the lever-action for the Sharpshooter probably, and the Firebug might get the M1897 with dragon's breath again, so Support should absolutely get a M1887 and Heavy Weapons should get a Gatling gun.

Really, just go through Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and add all the weapons in there, playing with them was fantastic. Volcanic repeater and a single-action (Ranger, SAA or even Schofield) for the Gunslinger, derringer for the Ninja, M1894 and Sharps 1874 for the Sharpshooter, M1897 and Colt Navy for the Firebug, M1887 and LeMat for the Support.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is using his integrated card instead of his gpu. Had the same problem, easy fix.

Mine is doing that too. How do I fix that?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How much fun is this game if you don't have a regular group of friends to play it with? I'm really interested in this series and I heard a lot about the first game; namely the community was great and not the regular crowd of hyper-optimal 'do it this one specific way or get hosed'-assholes, and that it was a lot more tactical than, say, Warframe. Those things still hold true?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Was bashing a husks face in with the pulverizer when a clot grabbed me and made me spin a 180, then the husk knelt down and blew me up. It was funny, but that thing where it turns you towards the clot is really hit or miss in that it sometimes screws you.

Also I found the secret to getting pubbies to heal me. I picked Ana. Yes it really works.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Pierson posted:

How much fun is this game if you don't have a regular group of friends to play it with? I'm really interested in this series and I heard a lot about the first game; namely the community was great and not the regular crowd of hyper-optimal 'do it this one specific way or get hosed'-assholes, and that it was a lot more tactical than, say, Warframe. Those things still hold true?

There are basically three types of KF players.
The tryhard rear end in a top hat who gets mad when you don't play according to their idea of optimal playing (which is almost always wrong).
The chill person who generally has fun and/or jokes around, often decent or good at the game or willing to learn.
The confused person who never says a single thing at all while running around by themselves on wave 10 shooting fleshpounds and scrakes with a pistol.

So far I've only encountered a couple assholes in KF2 but it's definitely way less than other online games. Although, the higher the difficulty, the more assholes you tend to run into.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I have nearly 1k hours in kf1 and about 10 in kf2 now. There isn't very many assholes.

Although I'm sure the number will be up in kf2 because it's more main stream. Game is still new though so everyone sucks.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Is anyone else putting up screenshots that Steam won't gently caress up someway or is it just me?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

closeted republican posted:

Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

I'm not really sold on Zerk ATM. The only advantage it has over support is being able to tank with parry (which I haven't gotten used to yet).

I got the supplier perk last night and its a great help in the later rounds. I can only imagine that 5 supports using supplier with 1 field medic would be the most OP thing ever. It'd basically give each player 180 AA-12 shells every round, plus whatever you can scavenge off the floor

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I'm crankin' ~Goon Floor 2~ up to 10 Wave Normal, and I might turn on Hard tomorrow morning, get your exp nerds. It will probably stay on Hard for a few days if I change it, you need like lv10-15 for Suicidal.

The password is "lljk" now for real, it was still uppercase before.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 22, 2015

CaudaVenenus
Sep 17, 2004

Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you.
A good berserker is really great against Hans. Last night, the fight (on Normal) in Biotics Lab turned almost into an MMO boss fight : the zerker deliberately tanked Hans by parrying some attacks and using his damage resistance while a medic healed him and two support unloaded AA12s in his back.

After fighting him a couple of times I think also that one of the keys is to keep your best stuff for last. Expanding your precious ammo too early will cripple you when fighting his last "red" form, which seems to take much more damage to put down than the intermediary ones.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 31, 2022

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CaudaVenenus posted:

After fighting him a couple of times I think also that one of the keys is to keep your best stuff for last. Expanding your precious ammo too early will cripple you when fighting his last "red" form, which seems to take much more damage to put down than the intermediary ones.
This seems like a good idea, i've seen entire teams keep all their grenades to dump them the moment he finishes his last heal.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Another thing to note is that you should definitely be dropping your empty weapon and picking up a dead teammates weapon when fighting hans. Last night he managed to down the entire team in less than five seconds though, we were all spread out and at full health, he just threw nades everywhere, leapt at one (cornered) guy while his guns shot everyone else. It felt a little ridiculous considering we were on normal.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

KF1 actually had a "last weapon" quickchange like CS bind-able key. So of course I bound it to q in KF1 and now it's loving me up super hard.

Yeah I used to have the last weapon as the side button on my mouse in kf1. I can't seem to find my old ms intellimouse anywhere though. Maybe I'll have to buy a retarded gaming mouse with 9000 buttons for this.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
My razor naga is really nice for buttons, but hello wrist pain.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Capn Beeb posted:

Replace lettuce with zed head :black101:

Quoting this from way back on page 5.

Stab a Zed in the Head, Pull The Trigger, Now It's Dead. :q:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Switched server boxes and dumb name, hopefully it will work better for my goonie friends.

~Goon Squad~
173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

I know it is operational but don't have time to do a full stress test. I again apologize for all the hiccups and resets, I know you all just want to shoot zeds

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 22, 2015

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

closeted republican posted:

Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

Grab the Nailgun. It has hundreds of nails - switch it to semi-auto for popping heads. A support using the Nailgun gets a: 40+ Magazine, Penetrating, Semi-auto, Bouncing Projectile, Shotgun/Rifle transforming gun that benefits from +Shotgun damage skills.

Also anyone pining for the Firebug days, your best bet right now is to level Commando and use the Flamethrower as a Commando.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Seems the power of anime comes at a cost, no experience gain when using the katana.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Why does this game always end with one dude left alive kiting the boss around in circles

Like the first game, it seems if you use a class with a movement speed bonus you can pretty much just run around forever while occasionally shooting the boss when he is performing an animation.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Does anyone know what the variable frame rate tickbox is supposed to do? If I vsync it shouldn't go above 60 anyway.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mindblast posted:

Does anyone know what the variable frame rate tickbox is supposed to do? If I vsync it shouldn't go above 60 anyway.

In game vsync seems to barely work. It locks it to 62 instead of 60 for me and still has screen tearing. Haven't touched variable frame rate though so I don't know what that does.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The katana isn't a Berserker weapon, actually. It's not on-perk for anyone right now (my guess is it will be a perk weapon for the Ninja perk or whatever the Asian dragonhead icon perk is).

The one thing I don't like with Support right now is not being able to take my T3 and T4 guns at the same time because of the M4's ridiculous 8 unit weight. I recognise that Supports can get +5 WU at level 15 but it's in the same slot as Tactical Reload, so it's not an automatic choice at all times, and the M4 only weighing two units less than the AA12 doesn't really make sense because there's no way it can match its damage output - it should be an alternative to the hunting shotgun, not the AA12 (i.e. semi-auto, smaller magazine than the Mossberg vs. big spike damage, have to reload every shot).

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
When you use Call Out for Commando, it only seems that people close to you can see the Stalkers as far as you can. Other people on the other side of the map have reported they don't get the benefit. So far, we don't know what the approximate range of being close to the Commando is to see the Stalkers but I'm assuming around the same range you can see them as the Commando.

Also, Nightvision is useless and should get removed or updated into something that makes it appealing.

and I still think the Level 15 perks need to get separated because having to pick between Single Shot damage and faster reloads is a major gimp to the Commando perk. It should be picking between Single Shot Damage of Automatic Damage imo.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The one thing I don't like with Support right now is not being able to take my T3 and T4 guns at the same time because of the M4's ridiculous 8 unit weight. I recognise that Supports can get +5 WU at level 15 but it's in the same slot as Tactical Reload, so it's not an automatic choice at all times, and the M4 only weighing two units less than the AA12 doesn't really make sense because there's no way it can match its damage output - it should be an alternative to the hunting shotgun, not the AA12 (i.e. semi-auto, smaller magazine than the Mossberg vs. big spike damage, have to reload every shot).

IRL the AA-12 is almost twice as heavy as an M4 when fully loaded, but I guess the idea is that since they both do the same damage and the M4 can shoot pretty fast they slapped it with higher weight without taking the actual advantage of the AA-12, the ammo capacity difference, into consideration.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

Grab the Nailgun. It has hundreds of nails - switch it to semi-auto for popping heads.

The nailgun...has a semi auto mode?

Hot drat, it's already my favorite 'zerker weapon with the only real downside being a low ammo pool considering 7/shot. This changes everything.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

splifyphus posted:

I don't normally buy early access games, but this seems like a worthy investment.

There, I posted myself into it.

It's more of a game than KF1 at it's launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So some thoughts on the game after a few hours playing last night:

First of all, I'm really impressed at how smooth it runs. My PC isn't anything special; it's a i5 3570-or-something, about 3.4GHz. 8gb of ram, GTX660. I'm running KF2 at Ultra and really only experiencing minor FPS loss during the really crazy moments in the game. So good job on that part.

Really finding Medic to be fun to play. I'm not nuts about the medic pistol and rifle, but the shottie and SMG are a blast. Also I like that I feel like I'm directly contributing to the effort with my heals. :unsmith:

There's a lot of silly tweaks and changes that add a lot. Each character having their own personality, voice, and customizations is fun.

Shima Honnou posted:

I have noticed that the game really, really likes doing "Oh, you're running from that position? Well look out because here comes [some big monster such as a fleshpound] rounding the corner/doorway you're coming up on!"

And this. I noticed this a lot too.