Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

splifyphus posted:

I was going to main support, but saw that 'zerkers start with a shovel and a katana and a lawnmower blade and jumped right in. And then I discovered the nailgun.

So long support! I'll get back to you ... sometime.

There must be a way to disable the screen shake, right? It's very disorienting at the moment.

There's a medic shotgun too! :v: To quote the pastor: "Deals out judgement AND healing!", also "Looks like a toy, kicks like a mule!"

So far it seems like the first 1-2 levels are the worst, but once you get them the classes start opening up (or at least not becoming a slog). Support sucked until I got the first level (it didn't help I kept getting separated from the rest of the pubby team and getting a total of 15 clots and other trash a round) but that shotgun penetration started to make it shine. Medic sucked at first as well and then I started moving faster and getting the armor bonus. Having +15 armor and +20 health at level five seriously makes up for lack of increased damage with the medic.

Also, I will never, ever get tired of the clot's power-walk. He just stomps towards the player going "Yeah, I graduated from clot school! I'm not a cyst, I'm not a slasher, I'm a loving clot! And I'm gonna tear you up! Oh...there went my head..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Alkydere posted:

There's a medic shotgun too! :v: To quote the pastor: "Deals out judgement AND healing!", also "Looks like a toy, kicks like a mule!"

So far it seems like the first 1-2 levels are the worst, but once you get them the classes start opening up (or at least not becoming a slog). Support sucked until I got the first level (it didn't help I kept getting separated from the rest of the pubby team and getting a total of 15 clots and other trash a round) but that shotgun penetration started to make it shine. Medic sucked at first as well and then I started moving faster and getting the armor bonus. Having +15 armor and +20 health at level five seriously makes up for lack of increased damage with the medic.

Also, I will never, ever get tired of the clot's power-walk. He just stomps towards the player going "Yeah, I graduated from clot school! I'm not a cyst, I'm not a slasher, I'm a loving clot! And I'm gonna tear you up! Oh...there went my head..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAmVimpdSIE

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Require More Fire posted:

There's a lot of silly tweaks and changes that add a lot. Each character having their own personality, voice, and customizations is fun.
Is KF1-like hilariously atrocious Dick Van Dyke style "British" slang a voicepack option? Please say yes.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Zephro posted:

Is KF1-like hilariously atrocious Dick Van Dyke style "British" slang a voicepack option? Please say yes.

Unfortunately no, but the characters do still have some fun lines.

Speaking of the characters I'm reading through the art book and the story is that the characters in KF2 are now working directly for Horzine, chosen as sort-of Zed Bounty Hunters because Horzine figured, "gently caress it you guys survived the events of KF1, here's some Horzine-supplied weaponry, go kill poo poo for us". I kind of dig that sort of continuity especially since it established that Reverend Al is a badass.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The police constable actually has a fair amount of KF1 lines, which is why I'm playing as him specifically.

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012

Skoll posted:

When you use Call Out for Commando, it only seems that people close to you can see the Stalkers as far as you can. Other people on the other side of the map have reported they don't get the benefit. So far, we don't know what the approximate range of being close to the Commando is to see the Stalkers but I'm assuming around the same range you can see them as the Commando.

Also, Nightvision is useless and should get removed or updated into something that makes it appealing.

and I still think the Level 15 perks need to get separated because having to pick between Single Shot damage and faster reloads is a major gimp to the Commando perk. It should be picking between Single Shot Damage of Automatic Damage imo.

Yep, we couldn't see it unless we were close to you or maybe if it was ones you could see, wasn't too sure on that part. Either way it didn't appear to confer us the ability to see stalkers without you close by.

Also played the game a bit, had fun, lots of dead things, didn't win against Hans until started playing with goons.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

IRL the AA-12 is almost twice as heavy as an M4 when fully loaded, but I guess the idea is that since they both do the same damage and the M4 can shoot pretty fast they slapped it with higher weight without taking the actual advantage of the AA-12, the ammo capacity difference, into consideration.

Ideally I'd like to see the M4 weigh 6 units, and be an upgrade to the Mossberg. The damage and magazine size can stay as they are, or the damage could be reduced to the Mossberg's level and the magazine expanded to 10 or 8 shells.

Cut the AA-12 to 9 WU so I can carry them both and I'd be a happy man.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 22, 2015

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Unfortunately no, but the characters do still have some fun lines.
Aww. I am actually kind of disappointed by this :(

Maybe someone will mod the KF1 voice files in to the new game....

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Incidentally, a thing that would be great is an in-game encyclopaedia that lists the damage/HP value for enemies, an explanation of their mechanics and attacks on each difficulty, and has all the weapon stats from the store visible in one single place.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

And this. I noticed this a lot too.

Add me to the "fleshpound spawns in front of you if you run away". I had it happen when my team hosed off and I was on my own. I turned and ran, the hallway behind me was full of clots so I had to waste 20 rounds of my AA-12 blasting them into chunks just to get away from the thing.

I say wasted, but it was loving awesome. That area was completely clean before I ran through like Terry Crews in the first expendables and after I went through I turned around. Entire hallway was covered in blood (even the loving ceiling) and covered in body parts

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Incidentally, a thing that would be great is an in-game encyclopaedia that lists the damage/HP value for enemies, an explanation of their mechanics and attacks on each difficulty, and has all the weapon stats from the store visible in one single place.

For future reference if anyone needs it, here is a screenshot of every weapon's stats from the store: http://imgur.com/a/kZelu

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 22, 2015

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Oh, and another really rad thing I noticed while playing last night was how there's all these points where zeds can come from and they're fully animated while doing so; we were fortifying a room for a wave and there were suddenly zeds in there, and I found that they were crawling out of a loving ceiling vent. Later on Paris I found them crawling up out of a manhole. Really neat touch.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Speaking of the characters I'm reading through the art book and the story is that the characters in KF2 are now working directly for Horzine, chosen as sort-of Zed Bounty Hunters because Horzine figured, "gently caress it you guys survived the events of KF1, here's some Horzine-supplied weaponry, go kill poo poo for us". I kind of dig that sort of continuity especially since it established that Reverend Al is a badass.

Commando chicken better have survived.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love how every room turns into a Murder RoomTM or a Room of CarnageTM

I was giggling with insane glee last night at how amazing the carnage is. I really hated the Berserker class in the first KF but holy poo poo is it amazing in KF2

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Commando chicken better have survived.

Chicken Commando could end up being just an alt costume or accessory set for someone. DJ Scully has a outfit set called "retro" that is essentially Mike Noble's costume from KF1. Commando Chicken Mr. Foster would be something else.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
So I noticed Insult Players is gone. Can we get it back? Pretty please?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Am I reading this right? Is KF2 actually a good Tripwire sequel, and good enough to buy in early access at that? I loved every moment of the first one, but I didn't dare hope the sequel would hold up.

Give it to me straight guys, I can handle it.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

For future reference if anyone needs it, here is a screenshot of every weapon's stats from the store: http://imgur.com/a/VziWa

There's definitely some errors in the store descriptions. The AA-12 can switch between full- and semi-auto, and neither the Bullpup nor the SCAR have flashlights.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Meldonox posted:

Am I reading this right? Is KF2 actually a good Tripwire sequel, and good enough to buy in early access at that? I loved every moment of the first one, but I didn't dare hope the sequel would hold up.

yes

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Meldonox posted:

Game owns. It's a bit barebones right now (only 4 perks, only 4 weapons for each perk plus some off-perk weapons, and only 3 maps) but everything currently in the game is fantastic and I love it and why am I posting on a stupid internet forum when I could be smashing zeds into walls with a shovel or gibbing them with a shotgun?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Meldonox posted:

They learned from RO2. Even the Rising Storm DLC was much better.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I shot layers of skin / muscle / skull off of a siren at point blank range in slow motion and I feel like I need to take another shower

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Meldonox posted:

Yes. Sign over your power of attorney to TWI right now.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If I had the beta installed and never deleted it, will I have to redownload everything if I buy into early access?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

If I had the beta installed and never deleted it, will I have to redownload everything if I buy into early access?

Yes. The game is literally (surprisingly polished) beta build, you won't have to download anything if you kept it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp, bought it and it's almost impossible to get into a server. Has anyone else been finding that filtering by 'not full' isn't working?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Use the matchmaker, the server browser was awful for me and was just showing me lots of full server (and not full servers that when I tried to join them turned out to be full) but the matchmaker seems to work fine. You press play now and it doesnt say anything but 5-30 seconds later you'll just pop into a game

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ClonedPickle posted:

There's definitely some errors in the store descriptions. The AA-12 can switch between full- and semi-auto, and neither the Bullpup nor the SCAR have flashlights.

Yeah, for sure. Mostly the reason I took those is so we can have an easy way of knowing which weapon is meant to do more damage than other weapons of the same type/the same damage as weapons X and Y.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Skoll posted:

So I noticed Insult Players is gone. Can we get it back? Pretty please?

Um excuse me this is a friendly and inviting Killing Floor.

Unrelated while tooling around as a Zerker last night I swear to god a Siren bit me between screams. I didn't know they could even do that

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

For future reference if anyone needs it, here is a screenshot of every weapon's stats from the store: http://imgur.com/a/VziWa

You forgot the basic shotgun. Stuff in your inventory isn't shown in the store.

I don't know if they have different stats, but all the basic melee weapons have different descriptions.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Bardeh posted:

Welp, bought it and it's almost impossible to get into a server. Has anyone else been finding that filtering by 'not full' isn't working?

We're working on improving this. The simple explanation is that the servers are filling up so fast that a server that was "not full" when you started your query is filling up by the time you get the results. We're rolling out tons of servers and working on improving our server query to help improve this.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
The new medic gun healing lock on is a loving godsend and I love it and whoever came up with.

Seriously, best QoL improvement in the game so far.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Questioner86 posted:

We're working on improving this. The simple explanation is that the servers are filling up so fast that a server that was "not full" when you started your query is filling up by the time you get the results. We're rolling out tons of servers and working on improving our server query to help improve this.

It definitely seems to have gotten better, I've not had any issues finding a game since midnight GMT last night - probably as a combination of people getting their own dedis up and the launch hour rush abating.

Peewi posted:

You forgot the basic shotgun. Stuff in your inventory isn't shown in the store.

Yeah, I took a screenshot but forgot to upload it. I'll grab another eventually.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Kris xK posted:

The new medic gun healing lock on is a loving godsend and I love it and whoever came up with.

Seriously, best QoL improvement in the game so far.

100% agreed, it makes dealing with chaos soooo much less tedious.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I wish I had screenshotted opening up the server browser, sorting by population, and seeing a hard did between the gridlocked 6/6 open servers and empty locked servers

Hace posted:

100% agreed, it makes dealing with chaos soooo much less tedious.

I love it because I can just scan over a crowd of friendlies and just heal whenever it lights up. It is a lazy man's dream

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Questioner... Are you reading all the posts in this thread? Seems there's been since good feedback in this thread, was about to go register on TWI forums for the same reasons actually...

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Only problem with the medic heal lock on thing is that you can't really see who its going to hit, and could waste your needles hitting a fully healed guy who happens to be closer than the almost dead guy behind him

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Questioner86 posted:

I also think that people not tagged as "ready" are not being counted as a slot used.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I love it because I can just scan over a crowd of friendlies and just heal whenever it lights up. It is a lazy man's dream

I even love how it beeps when you're not in ADS. When I'm being a bad medic it reminds me to be a good medic.

I am a bit worried about damage scaling for the medic weapons tho. They seem like they'll be super weak on higher difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdoman
Jun 12, 2001

I was walking down the street when I saw a bovus. And then it hit me...I was hit by a bovus.
I'd be interested in seeing the day 1 sales numbers and how much you guys over/underestimated those numbers.