Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012

messagemode1 posted:

I don't think that he doesn't understand how business works. This is like when Republicans try to use liberal rebellion songs during their campaigns and every musician says please stop.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/27/1360245/-When-politicians-use-music-without-asking-permission

Business works by reducing costs as much as possible, so if you can get away without such expenses like "licensing" or "royalties" or "asking permission" you do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

tsa posted:

Bet there's a lot more westerners who would be interested, you have lots of young professionals who would be interested in limiting legal immigration from china and india.

Sounds like a fairly crappy bet for you, H1B hatred seems to be big among jaded and bitter IT types, not young people

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

HAHAHAHA I never noticed the airborne tab bracelet he's wearing in that photo. I had no idea they made f'ing bracelets. WOW

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
We've all had minor parking lot accidents, but if you're going to back into another vehicle, as NH State Rep Chip Rice (D-Concord) did today, try not to do it to a vehicle that has mobs of reporters chasing it all over the place :sweatdrop:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh those women and their luggage :biotruths:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Carly Fiorina to announce her presidential campaign on May 4th.

... I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. :confused:

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
A second campaign has hit the towers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DaveWoo posted:

Carly Fiorina to announce her presidential campaign on May 4th.

... I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. :confused:

He said some poo poo about Hillary having a second plane for her luggage.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
I hope Rand starts making meme-based ads soon.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Every time I read Carly Fiorina's name I think I have to be reading a joke where the punchline is a pun-name version of California.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

He said some poo poo about Hillary having a second plane for her luggage.

Oh yeah, I'd totally forgotten about that stupid line. He's really trying to make that into a thing now?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
At least one Republican candidate has come out against the TPP.

Donald Trump opposes it on the grounds that he'd be able to negotiate a better deal.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

At least one Republican candidate has come out against the TPP.

Donald Trump opposes it on the grounds that he'd be able to negotiate a better deal.

Someone should tell him trade deals don't involve chapter 11 proceedings.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

:iceburn:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

FAUXTON posted:

Just wait until the next debt limit crisis!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

messagemode1 posted:

I don't think that he doesn't understand how business works. This is like when Republicans try to use liberal rebellion songs during their campaigns and every musician says please stop.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/27/1360245/-When-politicians-use-music-without-asking-permission

The glasses say "Rand" on the side, so he clearly mixed his labor with this material, thus making it his property, and he can do with it what he wants. Your move, Ray-Ban.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Unzip and Attack posted:

HAHAHAHA I never noticed the airborne tab bracelet he's wearing in that photo. I had no idea they made f'ing bracelets. WOW

Was he always wearing that bracelet or did they photoshop it? I remember that book cover being mocked when it was first revealed because it looked like he was wearing 2 watches.

FAUXTON posted:

Well he could make the argument that he is the only person with the necessary experience to tackle our national debt.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The glasses say "Rand" on the side, so he clearly mixed his labor with this material, thus making it his property, and he can do with it what he wants. Your move, Ray-Ban.

Ray-Ban did not wish to create joinder with Rand Paul. :smith:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cruz and Hymens

quote:

In one debate, [Cruz] proposed a method to detect infidelity, in which God should “give women a hymen that grows back every time she has intercourse with a different guy, because that will be a ‘visible sign’ of the breach of trust,” according to a recollection by David Kennedy published in a Harvard debate team reunion booklet in 2001.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/22/ted_cruz_creepy_misogynist_the_hymen_joke_that_perfectly_reflects_his_odious_worldview/

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

What war on women? That's just a filthy lieberal dummycrat lie. :downs:

Part of me almost wishes Cruz actually had a shot to win the primary so Hillary could beat him to death with this quote.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Alter Ego posted:

What war on women? That's just a filthy lieberal dummycrat lie. :downs:

Part of me almost wishes Cruz actually had a shot to win the primary so Hillary could beat him to death with this quote.

I really don't think she could top what the woman he was debating against him did with it (she made mention about the fact that it wouldn't be visible and then gave him poo poo about his apparent lack of sexual experience)

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

So Ted Cruz thinks he knows better than God Himself now, huh?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

ComradeCosmobot posted:

He was officially indicted, but because a Democratic district attorney filed charges against him. This obviously means the whole thing can be ignored as a political witch hunt.

Oh, and the Republican appeals court judges will ensure that nothing bad happens to him in the end.

This is simply not true. A special prosecutor, who is a republican, indicted Perry. The charges relate to an alleged abuse of power over Perry attempting to defund a special prosecution unit that was headed by a democratic district attorney who was arrested for a dui (and who made a fool of herself post arrest).

Also of note, Perry wanted the DA to resign, which would allow Perry to appoint her replacement.

The courts of appeals in Texas, specifically the third court in Austin and the court of criminal appeals, are all elected republicans, so the indictments will probably go away eventually.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

This is simply not true. A special prosecutor, who is a republican, indicted Perry. The charges relate to an alleged abuse of power over Perry attempting to defund a special prosecution unit that was headed by a democratic district attorney who was arrested for a dui (and who made a fool of herself post arrest).

Also of note, Perry wanted the DA to resign, which would allow Perry to appoint her replacement.

The courts of appeals in Texas, specifically the third court in Austin and the court of criminal appeals, are all elected republicans, so the indictments will probably go away eventually.

I don't think he's saying it should be considered a partisan witchhunt. I think he's just saying that it will be perceived as such. It's a pretty shocking abuse of power when you also consider the other investigations into corruption that were flowing through that office. However, unless Perry becomes the frontrunner, nobody is going to care enough to report on it any more.

The same is true of the cozy relationship that Scott Walker has with John Menard.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ErIog posted:

Well he could make the argument that he is the only person with the necessary experience to tackle our national debt.

He'd do it by keeping the coasts and giving China control of everything in between.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
Can Hillary take Arkansas or West Virginia against a viable Republican (Bush, Walker, etc.)in the GE?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

eternalname posted:

Can Hillary take Arkansas or West Virginia against a viable Republican (Bush, Walker, etc.)in the GE?

She'd have a huge gap to overcome in those states; like, 25-30 point margins based off Obama in 2012.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

eternalname posted:

Probably not, but even if she can it would be an Indiana 2008 situation - nice to have, but doesn't actually matter to the electoral map because winning there means you're winning everywhere.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
That sucks. I remember her people floating a map in 2008 of her taking those states as a counterpoint to Obama's electability, and I figured it was reasonable since Bill managed it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bill won West Virginia, Louisiana, and Kentucky while losing Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina. Electorates change :shrug:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

eternalname posted:

*taps mic*

hello? -ahem- No

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I mean, pundits were even predicting that Obama would win Arkansas in 2008 :v:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

eternalname posted:

If either is taken we'll probably talking about the sorta wave where Hillary also turns Texas blue.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

eternalname posted:

The midsouth is too white to be taken by a democratic presidential candidate these days, when the electorate is more racially polarized than it used to be.

South Carolina or Georgia are more likely flips, and even that'd be a stretch.

This is presuming the GoP does not put up an unelectable boob (Cruz), which their establishment presumably will not allow to happen despite whatever the base might want.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 23, 2015

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
she's got a shot at Kentucky though

I mean, it's a long one and it wouldn't matter much at that point but they fuckin love the clintons down there

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

uncurable mlady posted:

she's got a shot at Kentucky though

where are you people coming from

do you want to bet? how about a Romney sized ten thousand dollars

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"Yeah I think she'll swing TN too, since Al Gore is from there, and her husband worked with him, and he was almost president, and I'm a complete fuckin' rube"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mooyashi posted:

"Yeah I think she'll swing TN too, since Al Gore is from there, and her husband worked with him, and he was almost president, and I'm a complete fuckin' rube"

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/12/kentucky-hillary-clinton-would-beat-paul-rubio-in-2016.html

I mean, it's not likely and if it happened Clinton would have won by a landslide but is certainly within the realm of possibility.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I thought she had a chance at Missouri last year but whoops the state party is a dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:rolleyes:

• Locked thread