Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Berserker needs a mid-tier weapon that consists of a trashcan lid "shield"/riot shield and spiked club/billyclub combo. Low-med damage output but very high block/parry damage reduction.

I could also see a jackhammer fitting the perk nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 31, 2022

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm enjoying the pubbies that lead FPs and Scrakes to me so I can hammer them to death. :allears:

STILL can't kill hans with pubs, only got him last night with a fellow goon in the group who's KF1 specialty was pretty much soloing the pat.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Bought the game. Did solo stuff. Got murderfucked by Scrakes jesus christ. Is there any XP penalty for going onto Beginner mode? Because yeah, Normal Short games still feel hard. Or should I just go onto servers because co-op is a near-must?

Also, the Kalashnikov. Does it really have a low ammo pool or am I just dirt poor after I buy it?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
How does difficulty work in this game? Like if I go from Normal to Hard or whatever, what happens? Prices go up? Enemies get tougher? Hit harder? More of them? :confused:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
AK has 300 rounds total, so you're just poor and not buying ammo.

You get more XP the higher the difficulty as far as I can tell, but that's it for "penalties."

Psion posted:

How does difficulty work in this game? Like if I go from Normal to Hard or whatever, what happens? Prices go up? Enemies get tougher? Hit harder? More of them? :confused:

More of them, more specials, they do more damage and they attack more intelligently.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Medic guns look like Nerf guns and I always get the medic shotgun and assault rifle confused because they kind of look the same in first person.

Is there a reason to go from medic SMG to assault rifle. The SMG seems better in almost every way.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

widespread posted:

Bought the game. Did solo stuff. Got murderfucked by Scrakes jesus christ. Is there any XP penalty for going onto Beginner mode? Because yeah, Normal Short games still feel hard. Or should I just go onto servers because co-op is a near-must?

Also, the Kalashnikov. Does it really have a low ammo pool or am I just dirt poor after I buy it?

The penalty is that beginner doesn't exist

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

UDK is just like riding a bike.

This is the first game ever I've wanted to map for. Is there any kind of resources online for someone completely new to mapping to get an understanding of mapping for unreal?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
QoL wish: That you could interrupt the reload animations by throwing a grenade because holy poo poo I need to throw some grenades more than I need to have to try reloading when I am cornered by a scrake and a dozen zeds right loving now :argh: :argh:

Also whoever said tapping sprint interrupts reload, it never does in my case, I can't sprint until it's done reloading. The melee bash does but I feel silly having to melee bash to cancel my reload so I can throw a grenade and then wonder "Wait, would it have been faster to wait through what was left of my boomstick reload?"

Petty UI wishes: I wish there were alternate keybinds. I have been spoiled by this option in other games, I like having things like melee bash both on a side mouse button and keyboard for example. But this isn't exactly an important thing.

RE Medic guns: The Assault rifle has as nice an ammo pool but it feels like the AR goes through ammo in a "I just blinked and all my bullets are gone" speed... This may be heavily biased because SMG for me is a lot of tiny bursts while the Assault rifle is OH gently caress OH gently caress IT'S A FLESH POUND and I forget that you are allowed to let go of a trigger.

AR will kill poo poo dead faster than an SMG, way more damage. It's just you sort of forget that when your SMG lasts so long popping trash.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 22, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Red Mundus posted:

I always get the medic shotgun and assault rifle confused because they kind of look the same in first person.

yeah I agree, they look way too similar. I would like them to be made more visually distinct.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Right now you can simply open up the included KF2 maps in the SDK and learn a lot about how the official maps are designed.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I want someone to make a Splatoon mod with two opposing teams trying to coat the level in different coloured blood.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

widespread posted:

It is meant for 6 people. Yeah it lets you go off line but that is not what KF is about.

Red Mundus posted:

Medic guns look like Nerf guns and I always get the medic shotgun and assault rifle confused because they kind of look the same in first person.

Is there a reason to go from medic SMG to assault rifle. The SMG seems better in almost every way.

The medic smg is great at taking cleanly the head of the three clots, gorefast, stalker and crawler. Past that point it is piss but the fact it can do that with nice accuracy is a reason to have it. Past that though it is all about the shotgun and the assault rifle. And the most important reason: higher tier weapons have better syringe reload speed. The assault rifle is thus the best healing gun. You can seriously throw a ton of darts out and it makes a big difference during the boss.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 22, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Psion posted:

yeah I agree, they look way too similar. I would like them to be made more visually distinct.

Honestly there has been a few times when I freaked out and thought I had burned through all my ammo on my AR before realizing I had ten shots because I was using my shotgun

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This is the first game ever I've wanted to map for. Is there any kind of resources online for someone completely new to mapping to get an understanding of mapping for unreal?

I really love everything put out by World of Level Design - especially their getting started guides on youtube - but if you have specific questions (ahh! something disappeared!) you should be able to find tons of stuff on youtube and google. Sadly it appears that the Killing Floor 2 UDK doesn't have a working landscape editor yet so Ganja Farm will have to wait because gently caress if I'm modeling landscape in another program and importing it.

WoLD UDK channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA59F1E61EB00AF17

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

year199X posted:

Yeah, the flamethrower owns bones but there's pretty much zero reason to use it right now because you don't get any xp. I feel like for the sake of EA it should reward XP to whatever perk you're using.

I believe (hope) that's only because the flamethrower class isn't in the game yet. I was under the impression that you got bonus XP for killing with your class weapons, but still got something for using any other weapon.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

AK has 300 rounds total, so you're just poor and not buying ammo.

You get more XP the higher the difficulty as far as I can tell, but that's it for "penalties."

Mindblast posted:

It is meant for 6 people. Yeah it lets you go off line but that is not what KF is about.
Oh. poo poo, then. I guess I should go online.
Even though I did kite-and-kill Hans as a support, I'm fine with easier times because GOD DAMMIT HANS I'M OUT OF SHELLS DON'T STAB ME AUGH

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

splifyphus posted:

It's really easy to not have to do the early levels just by taking some backup non-perk weapons on your main. I have support at lvl 2 without even touching it yet, just from welding doors and taking the hunting shotty as a backup weapon.

Wait, you can still earn experience for perks you don't currently have equipped, like in KF1? Holy poo poo, that's amazing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I had a dream where the Matriarch boss was literally Margareth Thatcher in a Mechsuit.

After beating her first phase she ejected and the suit self-destructed in a huge rear end explosion, then the HMS Invincible crashed into the map and she parachuted in. We had to fight SAS to reach her inside, as it turned out the specimens were actually released by her to rid Britain of its immigrants and underclass.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

ZearothK posted:

I had a dream where the Matriarch boss was literally Margareth Thatcher in a Mechsuit.

After beating her first phase she ejected and the suit self-destructed in a huge rear end explosion, then the HMS Invincible crashed into the map and she parachuted in. We had to fight SAS to reach her inside, as it turned out the specimens were actually released by her to rid Britain of its immigrants and underclass.

Questioner if you could move this up to the top of your massive list of features to work on it'd be much appreciated.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Alkydere posted:

Wait, you can still earn experience for perks you don't currently have equipped, like in KF1? Holy poo poo, that's amazing.

Yeah you get XP for doing the things described on the Perk Selection screen. Knife and Pistol count as Perk weapons for whatever perk you currently are. There are no other rules. You don't have to be a perk to get XP for it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you're going up against hans and you have a spare weight slot left, buy a medic pistol.

Every now and again switch to it and shoot your pubbies with the darts, then go back to owning hans. 100% success rate!

I've done it once

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone figured out what the best perks to get for each class yet? Some of them seem obvious, but I'm not so sure the description delivers the way I think it does.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So is it red orchestra 2, or is it still killing floor?

Basically, am I buying a lemon if I get it in EA?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

So is it red orchestra 2, or is it still killing floor?

Basically, am I buying a lemon if I get it in EA?

It's light on the content but it is definitely not a RO2 trainwreck.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Geight posted:

It's light on the content but it is definitely not a RO2 trainwreck.

Compared to current KF or KF as it was released? Because KF as released was still fun. I notice it has fewer classes at the moment but they seem like the important ones so not worried there.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Compared to current KF or KF as it was released? Because KF as released was still fun. I notice it has fewer classes at the moment but they seem like the important ones so not worried there.

There's only 3 maps, but the map editor is available. So it's slightly less than KF on release, but the core gameplay is there and it's pretty solid.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I was thinking about bosses.

Right now we have Hans who is a constant close-range fight that requires constant movement.
The Patriarch, if much like KF1, is a boss that encourages finding a defensible location and unloading on him to force him to retreat and heal.
I have no idea how the rumored Matriarch would play like.

I think it could be really neat to have a new type of boss that requires a different method to defeat. Instead of a boss that relentlessly attacked players, what about a boss that required players to be the aggressors? Instead of finding -that- room where you can easily defend and dodge the boss, players would instead be forced to constantly move in pursuit of the boss. Perhaps a boss that would cause waves of enemies to spawn to attack players and defend itself? Maybe the boss would spawn enemies and run to a far corner of the map requiring players to push through the waves of Zeds and damage the boss before they get completely overwhelmed?

I could see it switching up the usefulness of classes a bit. Shotguns wouldn't be quite the end-all when the boss is always trying to keep away, and trash-killing classes would find themselves more useful than they usually feel during a boss.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PSA: ~Goon Squad~ is now on 10-wave hard difficulty.

173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

That is all

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PSA: ~Goon Squad~ is now on 10-wave hard difficulty.

173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

That is all

I'm gonna join this in like, 30 minutes. I swear to god.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
This game owns.

Couple of odd bugs I've seen so far: I've seen a wave end with a crawler still alive, and I've had my backup 9mm have its slide locked back for an entire game, despite being able to fire and reload just fine. I'm guessing the latter is a side effect of the "disappearing bullet" bug that seems to crop up when switching weapons from time to time since I switched away from it with one round left.

e: forgot the eyeball

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 23, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

So did anyone else who bought the deluxe edition get a free giftable copy of KF1 just now?

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

So did anyone else who bought the deluxe edition get a free giftable copy of KF1 just now?

Yeah, That's from when you didn't get it before.

Is there any way to fix my animations? I'm on an Intel HD 4000 and yeah I know it sucks but the guy in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6fkD9wZQg has the same and seems to have everything working just fine for him. What's the deal? Did the animations work in the beta and then not in the full game?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ShadowMar posted:

yup

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mexicat posted:

Is there any way to fix my animations? I'm on an Intel HD 4000 and yeah I know it sucks but the guy in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6fkD9wZQg has the same and seems to have everything working just fine for him. What's the deal? Did the animations work in the beta and then not in the full game?
He fixed it by changing the nvidia settings to use his actual gpu instead of the fallback integrated one.

also mentioned here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/230024463457980482

e: actually thats a different video than i thought it was, probably a different issue in that case

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 23, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

dogstile posted:

If you're going up against hans and you have a spare weight slot left, buy a medic pistol.

Every now and again switch to it and shoot your pubbies with the darts, then go back to owning hans. 100% success rate!

I've done it once

This is why I wish we had ONE more weight in general. Because then my support could go Stock shotgun (5), AA12(10), Medic Pistol(1) without having to take a talent I do not have for +5 weight.

Also I finally got around to the deluxe edition upgrade and yes that gave me a giftable KF1.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Edit: The one time I should have skipped to the end to get my answers...

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

e: actually thats a different video than i thought it was, probably a different issue in that case

Probably time to upgrade anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Player hitboxes are wayyyy too big and one dude standing in a doorway turns it into a 6 stooges skit.

KF1 had this problem but the hitboxes were usually small enough to squeeze by in most cases.