Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Sorry I'll try to react to witnessing loving murder like less of a baby in future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
pretty slack using the snap fit chaos marines.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

spacegoat posted:

Sorry I'll try to react to witnessing loving murder like less of a baby in future.

You've never seen any actual war footage I'll take it?

I don't mean like modern day, full color. I mean like the same era as that video. You know, lovely black and white.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
edit: sorry, not going to continue the derail.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I... I just wanted a gif of the funny assassin man.... I...

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Personally, I think it's always nice to give *some* context to NWS images, not just slap the tags on and be like ""gd don''t be such a big baby."

Moola posted:

I... I just wanted a gif of the funny assassin man.... I...

It's ok Moola, I have funny assassin man for you:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh hey gonna post this photosho... :yikes:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha that silly old skullmang

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Moola posted:

haha that silly old skullmang

I keep hearing :zoid: making his fleeing noise when the assassin runs out :3:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Can you identify the characters in relation to 40k? Hint: one of them is a company.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
In case anyone missed it while self-immolating over Eldar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

In case anyone missed it while self-immolating over Eldar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI

I'm utterly stoked for this game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spacegoat posted:

It's an iconic tragic historical moment in the same way the photo of the Hindenburg is. That kid quite literally killed the Japanese Communist Party when he assassinated their leader there. He might've misunderstood the request but I'm actually kinda surprised you've never seen that before.

Do you freak out when you see the picture of Lee Harvey Oswald getting shot?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol if murder bothers u ain't grim dark enough son

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*grim darkens pants*

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It's honestly bewildering.

I mean, here I am thinking, "Hollisman has really turned around his posting game of late"

Then I see Moola post and I wonder if the swap is more than just an avatar. Either way, I need to update my ignore list to reflect this swap.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Captain Invictus posted:

It's an iconic tragic historical moment in the same way the photo of the Hindenburg is. That kid quite literally killed the Japanese Communist Party when he assassinated their leader there. He might've misunderstood the request but I'm actually kinda surprised you've never seen that before.

I personally wasn't too phased (which is probably a combination of general jadedness and my physiology background), but film can inspire a different degree of reaction than a still picture, and a real murder inspires a different reaction from one on TV or in the movie.

Whole lotta "beep boop why so distaught by film of real murder" in this thread.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Out of all the things you can make fun of Hollismason for, you choose the fact that he's gay? You idiot.

God forbid I make a D joke suggesting that a gay person might enjoy D, how insensitive of me. You idiot.

TKIY posted:

I'm confident in my masculinity.

Assassins!

I *think* that Termy Sorcerer is new...

The assassins are the only new things. And they use the snap fit chaos marines. And that board looks tiny. Which means it's probably a "board game", and not a board game.
Disappointing, but drat if the assassins don't look good.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I guess watching that one Congressmen commit suicide at a press conference WAS pretty jarring the first time I saw it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Texmo posted:

The assassins are the only new things. And they use the snap fit chaos marines. And that board looks tiny. Which means it's probably a "board game", and not a board game.
Disappointing, but drat if the assassins don't look good.

Yeah I was assuming space hulk but it looks more like monopoly

very weird looking :S

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Maybe it is monopoly but in order to play you have to send several thousand dollars to GW and then they'll send you back some GW funny money to play the game with. Sound's like a good deal TBF.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Even better, Monopoly came out with a version where you had fake credit cards and a machine that took care of all of the money handling. GW's version comes with real working credit card swiping machines, but you have supply your own credit cards.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

I've seen a lot of those moments before, but never that particular one, nor had I ever heard of it until now.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
At least it looks like it still sticks to GW core mechanic of never use more than 2D6 for anything

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pyrolocutus posted:

Whole lotta "beep boop why so distaught by film of real murder" in this thread.

Next time I'll just post tits without NSFW tags, debate sports, mention circumcision and rant about Gamergate. It should be less disruptive.

On an actual game note I'm thinking the Culexes might be nice in my Skitarii list since they don't have any Psykers or Psychic defense otherwise. Sprinkle in some Inquisition for Valkyrie transports as well?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Maybe it is monopoly but in order to play you have to send several thousand dollars to GW and then they'll send you back some GW funny money to play the game with. Sound's like a good deal TBF.

hahahaha

I would rather play 40k monopoly though, where you use skulls as currency

and hotels

and player pieces

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Moola posted:

hahahaha

and hotels

and player pieces

Skullopoly :cool:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TKIY posted:

Next time I'll just post tits without NSFW tags, debate sports, mention circumcision and rant about Gamergate. It should be less disruptive.

On an actual game note I'm thinking the Culexes might be nice in my Skitarii list since they don't have any Psykers or Psychic defense otherwise. Sprinkle in some Inquisition for Valkyrie transports as well?

you should make the assassins ROBO assassins though, would look rad

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Moola posted:

hahahaha

and hotels

and player pieces

This would probably be the only way to get me to play khornopoly.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
cool i wondered where the pyf murder thread went to

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Texmo posted:

This would probably be the only way to get me to play khornopoly.

noice

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Boon posted:

I guess watching that one Congressmen commit suicide at a press conference WAS pretty jarring the first time I saw it.

Even since I saw the one where the teenager split his face open on that dock at the lake I've been pretty hardened against this sort of thing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
You are to cool and hardcore for this thread and life :getout:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
call me weird but other than JFK being shot, that's the only footage I've seen of someone being murdered close up

V:downs:V

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
wot u soft m8? If you like looking at tits and playing sports then you should be ok with people getting murdered in cold blood.

vvvv Don't stop I'm close vvvv

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Actual Photo Of Nerd Being Murdered, SHOCKING VERY NWS

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I am triggered by outflanking

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't even want to play warhammer anymore.

glad to see this is actually the pyf sociopathic indicator / pyf dick joke comp thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

glad to see this is actually the pyf sociopathic indicator / pyf dick joke comp thread

Yep you got me, I'm a fuckin' sociopath, a gods damned unfeeling machine

Oh hey I just found a photo of your mom

• Locked thread