Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Medic pistol is a sweet addition you can almost always squeeze into a loadout. It's so good both for topping someone of as well as a great secondary pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I can't believe how much I miss the "switch to last used weapon" button from KF1. Toggling quickly between 2 items is great, and I just can't do it accurately or as quickly with the mouse-wheel or number keys.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Found a bug with the medic armor.

It persists on any other class after perk swapping, even if you buy new or grab it off the floor it still gives you what you had as a medic.

And this isn't bug but apparently if the last hit on Hans is a headshot you can knock his head off. :black101:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tanreall posted:

I don't know if that means at the very end of SEA there will be a wipe but we could have multiple wipes during SEA. Again we should probably throw that tidbit in the OP.

drat, kind of makes playing it now a little pointless. Oh well, this is what happens when you buy Early Access.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Crabtree posted:

drat, kind of makes playing it now a little pointless. Oh well, this is what happens when you buy Early Access.

I don't see why it's pointless. Popping Zed heads is always amazing fun no matter what level you're at.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Crabtree posted:

There's an XP bar on screen so i can see why you might get confused, but making it go up isn't the point of the game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Bardeh posted:

I don't see why it's pointless. Popping Zed heads is always amazing fun no matter what level you're at.

I can sorta see someone getting annoyed if they managed to get to level 20 and were getting used to suicidal, then getting bumped down in level so that they can't really play at that level anymore.

Its EA though, so i'm expecting it and just playing with my friends every now and again. I think i hit level 2 support last night!

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

MooCowlian posted:

What's the advised commando loadout? At the moment I'm running the scar and whatever medic weapon I feel like grabbing when I have the money.
AK
AK
AK

Go as long as you can with the starting rifle (or start as a medic for the medic pistol) and go straight for the AK-12. It has a monster rate of fire in burst mode. It's the gun you want for later waves because it demolishes Scrakes and FPs while also being flexible enough to deal with everything else at the same time.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Sorry if this is a super dumb question but I'm not very familiar with Early Access - if you buy this EA I presume you don't have to buy it again when it ships, right?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zephro posted:

Sorry if this is a super dumb question but I'm not very familiar with Early Access - if you buy this EA I presume you don't have to buy it again when it ships, right?

Yeah, it's basically a preorder for the full game that also allows you to play these early builds.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

That's correct.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

splifyphus posted:

e: Actually, the worst thing about the zerker is that he feels kind of useless when the boss comes around. Haven't figured out how to be much of a contribution in that fight yet, and I'm always the guy who dies first trying to get in alt hammer strikes.

Parry, parry, parry. If you're close enough to bait the boss into melee attacks, you can stunlock him forever by just parrying right.

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

Go as long as you can with the starting rifle (or start as a medic for the medic pistol)

Really feel like the AR15 needs a 30 round magazine, because it's absolutely godawful as a primary and no other class ends up with such a garbage T1. :(

Zephro posted:

Yes, you're buying the full game, the "full" part just isn't out yet.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the starting rifle for Commando is pretty rear end, all things considered. Weak, low ammo even with the Mag upgrade, and really terrible iron sights. I get more headshots hipfiring it.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
The Varmint looks really strange with the tiny thin magazines in a standard AR-15 lower receiver. What is the deal with that, anyway?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I don't have a problem with the commando starting weapon. It pops heads easy enough.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fanzay posted:

The Varmint looks really strange with the tiny thin magazines in a standard AR-15 lower receiver. What is the deal with that, anyway?

Chambered for 9mm? or .22 LR

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

There's no dual bindings in the keyboard controls.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is funny how with the addition of Parrying fights with FPs and Scrakes ban basically turn into a MMO style holy trinity tank and spank

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Skoll posted:

Chambered for 9mm? or .22 LR

I guess that makes sense, yeah. It looks really dumb though.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I also think the weapon switching takes a touch too long. It'd be especially great if I could switch to the syringe faster and if it had a larger hit box, so you could hit people with it from farther away. Anything to encourage non-medics to use it, really. Now that people are sprinting constantly, it's a bit harder to heal folks in the midst of a fire fight

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I also think the weapon switching takes a touch too long. It'd be especially great if I could switch to the syringe faster and if it had a larger hit box, so you could hit people with it from farther away. Anything to encourage non-medics to use it, really. Now that people are sprinting constantly, it's a bit harder to heal folks in the midst of a fire fight

That's probably because healing people mid fight is meant to only be easier for the medic, hence the healing darts.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

dogstile posted:

I can sorta see someone getting annoyed if they managed to get to level 20 and were getting used to suicidal, then getting bumped down in level so that they can't really play at that level anymore.

Players should all start out at level 50 so the game is really easy, and as they get better they start to lose XP and skills until the best players have no extra stuff at all. Anyone can be awesome with massive damage boosts and protections. Let's get this sorted so we can see who the real heavy hitters are!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
open goonfloor2.clanservers.com

This now works to connect to my server in console, if you'd rather remember this than copy an IP. Most people probably found and favorited it by now though.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Alteisen posted:

Found a bug with the medic armor.

It persists on any other class after perk swapping, even if you buy new or grab it off the floor it still gives you what you had as a medic.

The extra armor and health on medic can get a bit flaky at times. I've sometimes bought full armor only to notice I'm missing a bit. For example I'll have +12 or +15 out of my +18 and then have to go back to the trader to tell her "No, I've leveled up a few times as a medic, give me the slightly better armor." Meanwhile the game is incredibly inconsistent on whether or not I can heal myself if I'm over 100 HP even when I've got the 120 HP perk. Sometimes I'll sit there at 115 and be able to top myself off, sometimes I'll start mashing Q at 105 and nothing happens.

With those issues, I'm not surprised the medic armor perk is a bit buggy at being removed. :v:

Also, I've noticed that while the syringe takes a full charge if you heal yourself or someone else, the reload time seems to differ. Haven't timed it out, but it seems that healing others with it is still faster/cheaper than healing yourself. It's of course faster, cheaper AND easier just to get a medic pistol on any class and shoot darts at your teammates.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

splifyphus posted:

e: Actually, the worst thing about the zerker is that he feels kind of useless when the boss comes around. Haven't figured out how to be much of a contribution in that fight yet, and I'm always the guy who dies first trying to get in alt hammer strikes.

The Zerker's main problem is with actually getting close to him when he has his machine guns out, you can quite easily circle strafe him altfiring at him with the sledgehammer a bunch while he keeps swapping between you and your teammates, you can also Parry his mad flailing attack fairly easily too.

Really though Berserker depends on either your medic not being terrible or your teammates actually bringing along a medic pistol or two.

I find and most of my deaths from him are getting cornered with his stinky fart gas grenades in some of the tighter areas of the maps. :saddowns:

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 23, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
One of my main problems with zerkers is that they really make a round take longer. With commandos/supports/medics you're popping groups of zeds in a couple of seconds. The zerk is moving ridiculously slow in comparison.

Although once they get their weapons up to scratch they make mad bank without needing to spend much ammo I suppose.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
What exactly do the Zerker's emp grenades do? Aoe stun and tiny damage?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, it's basically a preorder for the full game that also allows you to play these early builds.
Great, thanks.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the whole "Hey you're looking at me now" move that the clots have going on now. Overruling the player's control is pretty much always very jarring and annoying, and it doesn't really seem to have much of a mechanical upside. Most of the time it just results in the clot getting blasted instantly anyway because you were probably in the process of shooting when it grabbed you.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Perestroika posted:

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the whole "Hey you're looking at me now" move that the clots have going on now. Overruling the player's control is pretty much always very jarring and annoying, and it doesn't really seem to have much of a mechanical upside. Most of the time it just results in the clot getting blasted instantly anyway because you were probably in the process of shooting when it grabbed you.

Yeah this can be really disorientating, it worked alright in KF1

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bardeh posted:

I like perks that let me heal armor or have night vision goggles. They also help to convince people to try to the harder difficulties. I can understand this is for bug testing and all that, but if its going to get wiped anyway than why should I bother playing it that much outside of whenever the group demands more sacrifices to the Suicide pile? And speaking of that, this game needs an easier way to make a lobby of 6 people you want.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

There's an XP bar on screen so i can see why you might get confused, but making it go up isn't the point of the game.

Yeah, its to go to exotic locals and have a lot of toys to kill zeds with. Not much variety in those departments so I don't see the point of sinking my teeth into the higher rungs right now. Sorry you're so defensive about a good core that needs a lot of polish to get where it deserves to be?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The only thing that really bugs me about the grabbing is that it's usually an enemy from directly behind you, and snapping a full 180 in about three rendered frames is dizzying. I'd suggest adding a longer pause between getting grabbed and facing the enemy, but then I think about all the times getting grabbed in a fracas has already nearly killed me :ohdear:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Perestroika posted:

I actually quite like it. It's helpful to find and get rid of whoever's got you before you get stuck and surrounded. I can see how someone who's used to the old thing would find it a step down, but as someone who never got that into kf1, making it easy to get rid of them before they gently caress you over too hard is a good move for me. Maybe make it optional, or have it only work on lower difficulties?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Perestroika posted:

I don't entirely hate it, but my friend who plays zerker says that it can straight up kill him when he's trying to parry a fleshpound or Hans

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I'm not sure where I stand on it because yes sure it's annoying but I'm often busy ruining a zeds day and this pretty much forces me to autoheadshot it. It's often over before I know what happened. But in that case what's the point?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hace posted:

I don't entirely hate it, but my friend who plays zerker says that it can straight up kill him when he's trying to parry a fleshpound or Hans

Which is exactly what the grab is supposed to do. Don't get grabbed or bad things may happen ;)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

If he's getting grabbed by trash mobs while fighting Hans, then there's a lot bigger problems than the actual mechanic...

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I love how every time I played with pubbies, they'd ignore every trash mob when hans was about, then eventually get grabbed in gas.

Goddammit pubbies.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Was welding a door shut when a clot grabbed me. Lined me right up with a headshot, so I swung my welder and decapitated him which triggered zed-time. Then returned to to welding in slo-mo. It was totally a combination of :fuckoff: and :black101: I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
24 pages and not a single gif?

Disappointed.