Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Jesus, Gilchrist -- my brother is 65, and he was a little kid when Beanie and Cecil was on tv.

The '50s version he liked (it was later animated, but I refuse to give Gilchrist the benefit of the doubt):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMQL0wW8wns

ETA -- Der Shovel -- ha! Yes!

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ms Boods posted:

Jesus, Gilchrist -- my brother is 65, and he was a little kid when Beanie and Cecil was on tv.

Gilchrist is literally the guy from this famous comic

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You know, I knew Gilchrist was going to be using old TV shows, but even so I'm still amazed he's going with stuff that old.

The Dinette Set is a repeat.

Working Daze has a new contender for "most awkward/painful-looking walking pose".

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze has a new contender for "most awkward/painful-looking walking pose".

Uh-oh. The writer must've just read that article that says farts are good for health..

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

The best part about this one is the coroners summary in the 6th pannel.

"You mean Dangers mad suggestion of a killer being in the tree was right!? What are the odds?"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Uh oh, if farts are good for health.. it'll be a huge assault on Dog Nose Comix!

Pooch Café

Holy poo poo, Bone Ripper's coming?? The only dog to ever get a negative score on BarkWire??

Ballard Street

The interior walls in that house are just two pieces of drywall without any studs or anything. Whoever built that had no business doing any sort of contracting, much less building a structure for people to live in.

On a completely unrelated note, is mocking former mods still bannable?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

I legit hate this comic more every day, but its official Facebook page posted something I admit I enjoyed: a fake history of the strip that pays homage to various other comic strips throughout the years.

It's sort of infuriating that the creators of this comic are capable of doing good work and just don't.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Is the Phantom's plan to take the oath and then peace out and never be seen again? Then everyone will always talk about that one super awesome recruit they had that just mysteriously disappeared after signing on?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They could always conveniently tell us about an old jungle saying, 'The Phantom can be in two places at once.'

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Midnight Moth posted:

Is the Phantom's plan to take the oath and then peace out and never be seen again? Then everyone will always talk about that one super awesome recruit they had that just mysteriously disappeared after signing on?

The Unknown Patrolman

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

He's clearly going to have to fake his death.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's going to take off his shades and then kill them all.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
He's going to make his kids do the phantoming.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Here's today's Fingerpori!

Fingerpori is awesome. Please never go away. :)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Poil posted:

Fingerpori is awesome. Please never go away. :)

Old joke, good implementation.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

1. John only pays enough to cover daycare and gas? (That's 25 cents per gallon in the 80s.)
2. Kids are the worst, right? It's a shame that it's illegal to murder those horrible little life ruiners.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zereth posted:

The Morgan's kid or whoever that loving is, is good at painting, so an old lady (ex?) mob boss took her under her wing and hooked her up with her art forger (who's going legit these days).

I can understand how you'd forget since this happened sometime in 1986.
Oh I remember all that. What confuses me is they keep hinting about these people being shady, and then they turn out not to be, but they keep acting somewhat shady anyways so it's like I keep waiting for someone to do something shady, but they don't, and now they introduce a sleazy lawyer type. I don't understand why they are doing it since it appears to be leading nowhere. The old lady mob boss turns out not to be a mob boss (or maybe she is!). The forger turns out not to be a forger (or once was and still can but doesn't!). Bugsy the thug turns out not to be a thug (or maybe he is!). Now sleazy lawyer guy is (probably) going to turn out to be not all that sleazy (or maybe he is!). You're right though, this has been going on for months and months now and it's just completely pointless. But I guess that's soap opera comics.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Before we get to the comics, the final results of Vintage Madness were posted today, and by only a 12 vote margin the winner is...

(drumroll)

Secret Agent X-9!

(the sound of somebody violently kicking over a cymbal)

YUP.

And you know what that means? That means the Sagendorf posts continue until further notice. :unsmigghh:

Anyway, just in time for the drive home, it's the morning comics!

Skippy (February 23, 1928)

Peanuts (April 25, 1968)

Birds have wrists?

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 4/23/2004

What? Oh, whatever, Brooke.

Literally, literally Brooke McEldowney's opinion of everyone so gauche and vulgar as to be Not Brooke McEldowney.

"People of lower intelligence are worthless, also I get to decide the criteria by which that is determined, also gently caress off addictailures you just got Dilbowned" — a cool and useful guy to have interviewing prospective employees

Julet Esqu posted:

1. John only pays enough to cover daycare and gas? (That's 25 cents per gallon in the 80s.)
2. Kids are the worst, right? It's a shame that it's illegal to murder those horrible little life ruiners.

"Kids are malevolent little wieners and I hate them. Also my husband is a dumb horndog and he sucks. Also this is how your life should have g—hey wait where are you all going, don't leave me all alone" — a sad, true story

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

EasyEW posted:

Before we get to the comics, the final results of Vintage Madness were posted today, and by only a 12 vote margin the winner is...

(drumroll)

Secret Agent X-9!

(the sound of somebody violently kicking over a cymbal)

Huh. I'm still sad about Jungle Jim, but maybe this will be ok too.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Sample page of Secret Agent X-9.

Looks sharp!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I'm just glad they're not adding that stupid 80's one with the old lady and her cookies!

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Hagar

That cow is going to gently caress Hagar up.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Pheromones change your physical size. Right.

Wouldn't it wacky if one of them forgot they were herbivorous and started loving eating people? :haw:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ema Nymton posted:

Wouldn't it wacky if one of them forgot they were herbivorous and started loving eating people? :haw:

That would be fun and interesting and therefore will never happen.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Secret Agent X9 is a police officer? I'm a little disappointed that his profession is so normal. Also he's surprisingly easy to find for a secret agent.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Barry is hitting on Skippy. This is a strange turn.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Does Dustin have some crippling mental health issues that he needs meds for? Steve Kelley is trying way too hard.

Bleeker

Shouldn't he just overheat and shut down?

On the Fastrack

Safe Havens

Cut to the chase: what's the bill for all this?

Recess

I don't get it.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 24, 2015

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Midnight Moth posted:

Recess

I don't get it.

Dat neck.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Midnight Moth posted:

Recess

I don't get it.
Dracula drinks blood from the necks of his victims, and giraffes have long necks. Dracula has trouble resisting the urge to feed on a nearby giraffe, the same way a person who really likes donuts might feel if they were in a room with a box full of hundreds of donuts.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I really shouldn't think on this but why are the merfolk getting in the way of nature? I suppose that's the way it's always been and we on the surface don't know this or anything?

Also, why do the kids in the Kevin and Kell have separate elementary schools but then in high school they shove them all together? I'd think high school would be the worst time to try and put volatile situations like that together. Wild animal instincts and teenagers I mean.

I don't know why I get stuck on these things.

...also gently caress the hieroglyphics poo poo.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Yes, that is a gun, and no, we aren't happy to see you.

Pibgorn

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I don't know why the Piranha Club guy loves the incredibly racist aboriginal depictions, but I wish he would stop.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can someone Rex and Rover the current Pibgorn storyline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

Can someone Rex and Rover the current Pibgorn storyline?

Gams gams gams gams gams gams gams.

• Locked thread