Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Paul Walker lives on inside each one of us :angel:

I don't really feel like fighting Tony Jaa though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cacator posted:

Paul Walker lives on inside each one of us :angel:

I don't really feel like fighting Tony Jaa though.

I think I could take him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I am 100% sure I could take Tony Jaa, as long as it was a street fight and he didn't know about it before hand.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, I could totes take Tony Jaa.

(in a 'Batman's hundreds of hours of prep time' stylee)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You people won't have to fight Tony Jaa if you have guns.

What are the chances this movies gets an Oscar nomination (for Best Original Song)?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The MSJ posted:

What are the chances this movies gets an Oscar nomination (for Best Original Song)?

Pretty good I'd say.

Pice of Shit
Jun 11, 2003
I got mail....yay.
Hold up, Paul Walker got his black belt at his memorial service. I'm pr sure that doesn't count.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Modus Operandi posted:

He knows muay thai with no ground game and limited high level experience in competition. He's not Buakaw for god's sakes he's more of a stunt man. He'd be screwed against a black belt BJJ guy same as any other average person with no grappling.
I'm pretty sure that was just a joke about him being dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

True, but it makes sense. The cameo by Dom in Tokyo Drift allowed Han to be in 4-6, and I had no issues with the necklace retcon. It changed Han's death, but gently caress it, that scene promised us Fast and Furious vs. The Transporter, and Furious 7 did not disappoint.

The funny thing about the Tokyo Drift cameo is that it only happened because of a deal where Vin making that tiny cameo gave him control over the rights to the Riddick character/setting.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm pretty sure that was just a joke about him being dead.

Like I said, it's all lies.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Coffee And Pie posted:

New idea: get Aaron Yoo's character from the Friday The 13th remake to show up as his character, Chewie, who we learn is Han's younger brother. He can be in it for a few movies until he gets killed off during the events of Friday the 13th, revealing that not only do F&F and F13 share a universe, but much like his father, he was murdered by a Jason, who is now hunting the team.

I feel it worth mentioning that Friday the 13th already takes place in the Michael Bay Transformers universe since the character Trent is supposed to be the same in both movies.

Kind of want to see Vin Diesel riding Grimlock now :captainpop:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any conspiracy nuts latching on to Paul Walker the way they do for... most celebrities who die notably.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

muscles like this? posted:

The funny thing about the Tokyo Drift cameo is that it only happened because of a deal where Vin making that tiny cameo gave him control over the rights to the Riddick character/setting.

Not surprised, Riddick has always been Vin Diesel's baby. IIRC, he used a lot of his Fast 6 salary to get the 3rd Riddick movie made, correct?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah Vin basically self funded Riddick so it was a shame it turned out to be not very good.

I still don't know how Vin Diesel is so charismatic. I mean the man is a side of beef with a smiley face shakily drawn on it but he's carried the last three F&F films pretty well.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Party Boat posted:

Yeah Vin basically self funded Riddick so it was a shame it turned out to be not very good.

I still don't know how Vin Diesel is so charismatic. I mean the man is a side of beef with a smiley face shakily drawn on it but he's carried the last three F&F films pretty well.

Uh, Riddick was awesome, yo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Party Boat posted:

Vin Diesel is entirely capable of carrying a movie, add in The Rock and a handful of others, and boy howdy.

The Duke posted:

I feel it worth mentioning that Friday the 13th already takes place in the Michael Bay Transformers universe since the character Trent is supposed to be the same in both movies.

Kind of want to see Vin Diesel riding Grimlock now :captainpop:

I really want to see this now, it's the logical conclusion of the F&F series.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Adventures of Riddick and Space Dog was kind of fun and it was cool to go "oh hey Batista can act okay" before GotG but the second half was a less interesting retelling of Pitch Black.

I also laughed really hard when Vin said "some place called... Not Furya"

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Party Boat posted:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's official, Fast/Furious 8 has been announced by none other than Vin himself. 4/14/17

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf4Ydp8CGk8

It seems that the sillier the hat he is wearing, the more charming he is

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Why didn't Dom slowly descend the towers by just jumping from one to the other, turning around, and jumping back into the tower he just came from

The brakes went out after the first jump, hence Dom going "NO BRAKES" at an increasingly alarmed Brian and proceeding to accelerate

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Party Boat posted:

I kind of want to take all the F&F movies and redub all of Dominic's lines with variations of I AM GROOT. :3:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf4Ydp8CGk8

It seems that the sillier the hat he is wearing, the more charming he is

Holy crap I could watch Vin all day. That was kinda awesome.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

TheJoker138 posted:

Uh, Riddick was awesome, yo.

I thought the movie was great. The ending was very much like Pitch Black, but I am hoping another one is made. I cannot get enough of the Adventures of Space Conan.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mark 14 April 2017 on your calendars.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Any word on Director?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

PaganGoatPants posted:

Any word on Director?

Star Trek (1)3 is set for release in July 2016 so Lin could possibly be available for 8.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

I thought the movie was great. The ending was very much like Pitch Black, but I am hoping another one is made. I cannot get enough of the Adventures of Space Conan.

While it didn't do great in theaters I believe it sold well enough on DVD/BR that they're going to make another one.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

duz posted:

Star Trek (1)3 is set for release in July 2016 so Lin could possibly be available for 8.

I don't know that he would do it. He likes to take his time, which is why he bowed out of Part 7. Unless Lin does pre-production on 8 while working on Star Trek but since that's going to be a hard shoot as well I don't think he's going to go from one straight to the other.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I don't really think this film is all that great. I mean it's good but not that good. I'd give it maybe a high 6 or even a 7 but anything else is pushing it. 88% is certainly pushing it. It feels really disjointed. Fast Five is a amazing movie because it comes together into one complete story from beginning to end. This movie feels like a bunch of disjointed idea's that are really weakly connected. They look cool sure, but their not particularly convincing as a entire plot. There's not a single villain they are facing, or a singular simple goal. It suffers from the same kind of issues that superhero movies get when they pack in more than one villain. The best thing about it is the ending and the nice send off to Paul. But the incredible amount of bullets that fly in the film without a single character dying is kind of ridiculous when we consider how really small things have resulted in the death of other characters in the franchise in the past.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

PerpetualSelf posted:

I don't really think this film is all that great. I mean it's good but not that good. I'd give it maybe a high 6 or even a 7 but anything else is pushing it. 88% is certainly pushing it. It feels really disjointed. Fast Five is a amazing movie because it comes together into one complete story from beginning to end. This movie feels like a bunch of disjointed idea's that are really weakly connected. They look cool sure, but their not particularly convincing as a entire plot. There's not a single villain they are facing, or a singular simple goal. It suffers from the same kind of issues that superhero movies get when they pack in more than one villain. The best thing about it is the ending and the nice send off to Paul. But the incredible amount of bullets that fly in the film without a single character dying is kind of ridiculous when we consider how really small things have resulted in the death of other characters in the franchise in the past.

88% of the people gave it a positive rating. A 7 would be a positive rating. You are part of the 88%.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the first time I've heard "these movies are ridiculous now" as a complaint.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cars don't turn into robots 1/5

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah. The obvious crossover. Transformers and Fast and Furious. Directed by Michael Bay. Set in the Mad Max future.

Please. PLEASE. The ridiculous is a strength now.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Gatts posted:

Oh yeah. The obvious crossover. Transformers and Fast and Furious. Directed by Michael Bay. Set in the Mad Max future.

Add the MCU to this. Transforming Ultron drone cars. :catdrugs:

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Gatts posted:

I mean the theme of all three franchises is pretty much "vehicular warfare" so it really makes sense. It would be the most amazing creation ever, I imagine. I'd like to hope that all three directors - Lin, Miller, and Bay - could somehow team up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope a future movie will show a shrine in Dubai dedicated to the destroyed Lykan Hypersport, with millions of pilgrims.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gatts posted:

They should just go full on with it and just title the movie "Transformers vs Mad Max vs Fast and Furious."

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should just go full on with it and just title the movie "Transformers vs Mad Max vs Fast and Furious."

Furious Max: Transformation Road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mandrel posted:

The brakes went out after the first jump, hence Dom going "NO BRAKES" at an increasingly alarmed Brian and proceeding to accelerate

Yes the brakes went out which is why they didn't park and get out. But they had plenty if room to turn/spin around, at least in the second tower, hence the tower ping ponging they should add in an ultimate cut

• Locked thread