Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Choco1980 posted:

Canterbury Tales is as low-brow as you get. It's true, just add a few hundred years and people will think that common=great. The Redneck Comedy Tour will be seen as classic genius in the year 2437.

Canterbury Tales is both low-brow and high-brow. Like a lot of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

ikanreed posted:

No, we just have a loving estate tax that doesn't apply for less than 10 million. And republicans pretend this is hurting farmers.

While all true, the joke is that the headline says "more Americans have been the moon" rather than "been TO the moon".

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

This is more common than you would think, but I've never actually heard of someone going straight from the bar to a meeting or vice versa.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's one big-rear end half-dead mouse. :monocle:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

im pooping! posted:

This is more common than you would think, but I've never actually heard of someone going straight from the bar to a meeting or vice versa.

In fiction at least, you can trade an AA chip for a drink from that shiftless barkeep.

Probably one of those old timey things.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Dick Trauma posted:

That intersection sounded distinctive so I looked it up and it's the metropolitan hot spot of Grand Island, Nebraska!

Even better is that the Howard Johnson that was at that location was still using the same phone number. :psyduck:

One look and you can almost feel the pulse of the city...

It's also where one of the Children of the Corn films is set, which should tell you everything you need to know.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-NHvwaXIz8

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Thats the greatest name ever and I'm 12 (saddly i'm 33)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Grimlook posted:

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Grimlook posted:

Meet Harry deButts, former president of the Southern Railway.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

Thanks for the tombstone quote.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

not just fart jokes, demotivational posters have been popular for a long time

Jerry Mumphrey has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Apr 24, 2015

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bored posted:

Tehee! quod she, and clapte the wyndow to,
I picture an MRA reading this and getting really angry.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

My favorite part about this image is that it looks like some unknown added the exclamation marks

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Groda posted:

hahaha I grew up right by there. To keep on the Grand Island theme:

And next to Grand Island:

Wiki posted:

The longest straight stretch of interstate anywhere in the Interstate Highway System is the approximately 72 miles (116 km) of I-80 occurring between Exit 318 in the Grand Island area and mile marker 390 near Lincoln, Nebraska. Along this length, the road does not vary from an ideally straight line by more than a few yards.

I drove this part once a week for a few months. It's exactly as much fun as it sounds.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gils posted:

And next to Grand Island:

I drove this part once a week for a few months. It's exactly as much fun as it sounds.

It was along that stretch in 2007 that I was driving a Lotus Esprit from NY to SF and was noting smugly to myself that whatever else may be, I was definitely the coolest car around for at least 200 miles.

Not two minutes later, a Bugatti Veyron went by in the opposite direction.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Data Graham posted:

It was along that stretch in 2007 that I was driving a Lotus Esprit from NY to SF and was noting smugly to myself that whatever else may be, I was definitely the coolest car around for at least 200 miles.

Not two minutes later, a Bugatti Veyron went by in the opposite direction.

Bugatti guy listening to the radio all like "Aspen 20, I show you at one thousand eight hundred and forty-two knots, across the ground."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Bugatti guy listening to the radio all like "Aspen 20, I show you at one thousand eight hundred and forty-two knots, across the ground."

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

What I don't get about this is how those pants ever cover his rear end I mean look at the lines on them. How do they ever, normally, cover his rear end when he doesn't need to fart on the king's visage?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

im pooping! posted:

There was a liquor store on top of a Dialysis Clinic right next to where I work. The Dialysis center has since moved but the liquor store is still there. I always wondered if anyone left the Dialysis and went straight to the liquor store.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Goddamn that is some obscure stuff right there. :patriot:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

JEEVES420 posted:

There was a liquor store on top of a Dialysis Clinic right next to where I work. The Dialysis center has since moved but the liquor store is still there. I always wondered if anyone left the Dialysis and went straight to the liquor store.

When I was a student I used to give blood on friday afternoons cause having less blood made for a cheaper inebriation (or it was placebo, whatever, it worked).

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Krinkle posted:

What I don't get about this is how those pants ever cover his rear end I mean look at the lines on them. How do they ever, normally, cover his rear end when he doesn't need to fart on the king's visage?

Clearly this man is never not farting on something.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Krinkle posted:

Also, why did the king pose for that portrait where it really looks like someone is already farting in his face? That's treason entrapment if you ask me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Is this a magnet or something I can buy in bulk?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rolo posted:

Is this a magnet or something I can buy in bulk?

Looks more like a sticker, but anyway google says:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/ydt89/works/14294198-chicks-dig-guys-that-eat-out?grid_pos=60&p=sticker
http://www.spencersonline.com/product/tmnt-eat-out-tee1/

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not gonna lie, that was my jam when I was a kid. Dad had it on 8 track and we played that bastard all the time in the winnebago.

He's still got it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzINc8fTDhE

John Conlee, not your dad. I mean, your dad might still have it, too, but that's neither here nor there.

Dick Trauma posted:

Goddamn that is some obscure stuff right there. :patriot:

The book pushes four figures, these days, if you can even find it. I think someone was talking about it in the Lightning thread a while back.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

JEEVES420 posted:

As anyone who has worked at a liquor store for any amount of time can tell you: Yes

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Krinkle posted:

Well, pants technology took a long time to perfect. For a long time in the 15th and 16th century, you literally had a pair of hose, two tubes that you put your legs in, but were unconnected. Originally a doublet or other top garment would hang down and cover up your downstairs mixup. The two hose were laced together, and as doublets got shorter, out came the giganto loving codpieces, which were literally like a fuckin sports cup that covered your junk and was laced together to the two hose and the flap that covered your rear end.

By the 18th century, the technology had been brought to the level you see there with Johnny. He's a caricature so dat rear end is way exaggerated, but you can see all the straps and buttons and other fasteners that held the various parts of the pants together. I think it was actually the 19th century when people finally solved the issue of tailoring pants that were one-piece and properly fitted.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

All that is true, but humanity had the technology to make connected pairs of hoses into pants. Pants are hella old:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/first-pants-worn-horse-riders-3000-years-ago

Question is who kept that knowledge confined to Asia and away from the Aryans? I say the Jews did so, and how!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

Clearly this man is never not farting on something.

Goddamn right.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That would be the best job. Cause I do it for free already.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Soulex posted:

That would be the best job. Cause I do it for free already.

Tell me where this fountain of free cheese is found!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Tell me where this fountain of free cheese is found!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

nm i got it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqxZSa9dcE

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Bogmonster posted:

If you don't have PG Tips in America you're missing out. Three sugars and milk = proper builder's tea. It's what Guy Fawkes died for.
I buy PG tips at my local grocery store and drink it black, LOL the English are a loving embarrassment THREE sugars jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I buy PG tips at my local grocery store and drink it black, LOL the English are a loving embarrassment THREE sugars jesus christ

Milk and sugar in tea / coffee is basically admitting that you're a waste of oxygen and want to ruin anything good that comes your way.

• Locked thread