Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

They need to move the announcement text. Half the time I miss when a teammate dies or when I level up just because I'm not looking an inch away from the bottom of my screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I'll be the last one left and won't even realize it.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Tripwire also changed the EULA to not allow anyone to profit off of KF2 mods, so that fiasco with Skyrim won't be an issue here.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I really hope that tripwire or some random person makes some maps that have more of a horror feel like the old ones. I need more rust and metal grating silent hill style. The future tech levels are cool, but I hope they aren't all like that.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Scrakes need 30% less health if they're going to keep these new animations. Currently, they have about the same amount of health as they do in KF1, but in KF1, you can reliably magdump into their heads.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Colosmicon posted:

Scrakes need 30% less health if they're going to keep these new animations. Currently, they have about the same amount of health as they do in KF1, but in KF1, you can reliably magdump into their heads.

I admit, as a filthy casual who can't consistently headshot the same target so good, I eagerly await the sharpshooter coming out to watch the divide between the true pro headclickers (not me), and people who THINK they are pro headclickers having a meltdown over how hard a time they have headclicking spinning scrakes.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Man, parrying hans with a dinky k-bar never gets old.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Colosmicon posted:

Naw, if they have the same health pool the game won't be hard once we get all the perks and people level them. Demos, sharps and firebugs will make a big difference.

Oftentimes in KF1 if you got into games with elitists they'd get mad if people picked firebug and demo because they clear trash so easily.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Made a group for ~Goon Squad~

Join if you would like

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KFGoonSquad

Will leave it open public for a while then close to keep out pubbies

E. Reinstalling to try and get server relisted with new update We live again!

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 25, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kinda disappointed by the soundtrack you can get. It only has the vocal tracks, none of the just instrumental tracks and it doesn't even have all the songs on it. I tried finding "Creeping Zed" and the soundtrack doesn't have it

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Made a group for ~Goon Squad~

Join if you would like

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KFGoonSquad

Will leave it open public for a while then close to keep out pubbies

E. Reinstalling to try and get server relisted with new update We live again!

Did the address of your server change when you reinstalled to get it relisted? I don't even get the server at capacity pop up when attempting to join.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tanreall posted:

Did the address of your server change when you reinstalled to get it relisted? I don't even get the server at capacity pop up when attempting to join.

Odd, it repopulated the server browser fine...

173.199.89.138:7777 is the IP

E. I'm a dummy, I used my post history to get the IP and put the old one in.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What does Lacerate do on the medic tree? It looks like it applies a DoT, but it also could add an increased damage debuff.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Now we just need more goons.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tanreall posted:

Now we just need more goons.
I'll join later tonight. Been looking forward to playing with goons. What difficulty is the server?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish there was better feedback if you're hitting a zed or not. Yeah, an explosions of gibs is a good indicator for lesser ones but ones that take a pounding it's hard to tell if I'm hitting them in all the chaos of running around and dodging all the poo poo. I've been playing support and while the shotguns are fun to use, it's hard to gauge the spread on them and I can never tell if I stun a zed with the double barrel's alt fire since they seem to just walk/run/attack right through it.

Enjoying the game, though.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

UltraVariant posted:

I'll join later tonight. Been looking forward to playing with goons. What difficulty is the server?

Hard 10 wave. Full right now but might open later

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
It might just be me, but it feels like when I shoot with the Medic pistol the rounds go to the left slightly. Admittedly, I never turned on crosshairs and during Iron Sights it's fine, but I hip fire with the pistol a lot to headshot the packs of clots and it just seems a bit off. When I compensate by aiming to the right a bit, I get reliable accuracy, but the first 2 shots tend to miss because the bullets are always slightly more left than where I think they should go.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jimbot posted:

I wish there was better feedback if you're hitting a zed or not. Yeah, an explosions of gibs is a good indicator for lesser ones but ones that take a pounding it's hard to tell if I'm hitting them in all the chaos of running around and dodging all the poo poo. I've been playing support and while the shotguns are fun to use, it's hard to gauge the spread on them and I can never tell if I stun a zed with the double barrel's alt fire since they seem to just walk/run/attack right through it.

Enjoying the game, though.

Sirens are what get me the most for this, even when they are not constantly hiding behind a pair of fleshpounds and you want to land some desperate headshoots RIGHT NOW. "Am I even hitting them? Or am I just wasting my time and bullets".

I also find myself baffled at why I'm so bad at headshotting bloats compared to KF1. It's not like their heads are any smaller than a clots, what the gently caress's wrong with me? I'm not pro headclicker but these basic shots against slow moving enemies that don't duck and weave giving me trouble is so baffling. I can hipfire heads off clots, gorefasts, and even flipping stalkers without even trying though. I suspect on hard mode where they take more than one 9mm bullet to put down (Tried my hand at a quick solo hard mode, and suddenly I was needing more shots to the skull to kill things) that would change since CONSECUTIVE headshots I'm garbage at.

Granted, like clockwork most of my "sure thing" headshots against bloats are ruined by them warping up 20 feet into the air because they were within 10 feet of a railing or ledge. I've just given up on trying to get anything but bodyshots when enemies are near staircases or railings, Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Why am I so mad at Zed's warping their way up ledges and how hard it is for a player to jump over railings they are already right next to? Of all the things to obsess over, why does this make me so :argh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 25, 2015

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Tamayachi posted:

It might just be me, but it feels like when I shoot with the Medic pistol the rounds go to the left slightly. Admittedly, I never turned on crosshairs and during Iron Sights it's fine, but I hip fire with the pistol a lot to headshot the packs of clots and it just seems a bit off. When I compensate by aiming to the right a bit, I get reliable accuracy, but the first 2 shots tend to miss because the bullets are always slightly more left than where I think they should go.

Turn on crosshairs and you'll see just how widely the shot pattern can go. Then again, in controlled bursts, the crosshairs are a bit of an exaggeration on the potential spread it seems.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Were you ever able to shoot through teammates in KF1 with guns like the assault rifles? I could have sworn you could but it has been a long while. I've noticed that most of the time I'm unable to save teammates from clots and crawlers because the teammates body stops the bullet completely.

Also do bullets in real life travel this slow? It feels like I have to lead cyst walking perpendicularly only 3 or so game-meters (basically from the middle of biotics lab/water room to one of the sets of stairs) away an inordinate amount.

Broose fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 25, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

open bmrf.me:8100

long, suicidal

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tamayachi posted:

I've kind of felt a lot of the guns kind of do this

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

You're cordially invited to the Whittle House of Horror:

open 85.236.101.14:27015

Keeping it public for the time being and it's currently set to long matches on hard difficulty.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The game has developed a weird issue for me where when I hit my button for Voice it ducks all the game sound and music down and doesn't come back up proper until I restart. This just started today. Any ideas?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Is there any way to add servers to your favourites without finding them in the server browser? I played on DreamShipWrecked's server for a bit but it doesn't show up in my history to add and I didn't see a way to do it while on the ready up screen.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Broose posted:

Also do bullets in real life travel this slow? It feels like I have to lead cyst walking perpendicularly only 3 or so game-meters (basically from the middle of biotics lab/water room to one of the sets of stairs) away an inordinate amount.

I have the same problem and I'm not sure if it's just me not knowing how bullets work in reality or they just move really slow-in game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Is there any way to add servers to your favourites without finding them in the server browser? I played on DreamShipWrecked's server for a bit but it doesn't show up in my history to add and I didn't see a way to do it while on the ready up screen.

If you select it in the server browser master list you can view the server details, then hit the star on that window to favorite.

It is kinda obtuse, but you should be able to find it easy enough due to the tildes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Played it some, it looks nice but plays like absolute poo poo, every server I go on is laggy as hell and everything is constantly teleporting around, pings are low, just won't play worth a drat.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Require More Fire posted:

The game has developed a weird issue for me where when I hit my button for Voice it ducks all the game sound and music down and doesn't come back up proper until I restart. This just started today. Any ideas?

Windows does that stuff automatically sometimes. There is an option to turn it off the auto ducking somewhere. I can't remember or seem to be able to find it on my laptop though.

Insert name here posted:

Not at this time it doesn't seem so. Best bet is to turn off all your filters and then refresh. Then sort by name. ~ comes after Z. So just hit the name thing twice. The server list wont sort things in real time, so your have to re-order it by clicking one of the sorting options. Just press "name" a lot.

Broose fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 25, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you select it in the server browser master list you can view the server details, then hit the star on that window to favorite.

It is kinda obtuse, but you should be able to find it easy enough due to the tildes
Yeah that's what I ended up doing. I was just wondering if there was an easier way that didn't involve having to search the server browser.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Broose posted:

Were you ever able to shoot through teammates in KF1 with guns like the assault rifles? I could have sworn you could but it has been a long while. I've noticed that most of the time I'm unable to save teammates from clots and crawlers because the teammates body stops the bullet completely.

I have not noticed bullet travel times being an issue myself, where are people having troubles with this? The most I've had is sometimes in zed time the slow-mo throwing off my instinctive leading expectations and just barely missing a spinning gorefast's head.

Unrelated, the most visually disorienting thing in the game to me, is how much extra wobble there is on your rifle (Every single commando weapon, for example) when you try to ironsight immediately after a weapon switch, particularly during Zed time. "Oh there's a Siren off in the distance, I'll switch to my Scar and pop their head off...am I having a seizure? My scope doesn't shake this much when I'm getting hit by an attack".

You can seamlessly scope in so often, even after a reload, that it's really off-putting when suddenly your arms wildly swerving your gun around like it's trying to escape from your face in that situation. It's probably the sort of thing I figure not many will have really noticed or cared about, but would suddenly flip their poo poo over once sharpshooter gets released.

:allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 25, 2015

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

:vince:

i was kind of on the fence about getting the game so early into development but, gently caress it

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Section Z posted:

You can seamlessly scope in so often, even after a reload, that it's really off-putting when suddenly your arms wildly swerving your gun around like it's trying to escape from your face in that situation. It's probably the sort of thing I figure not many will have really noticed or cared about, but would suddenly flip their poo poo over once sharpshooter gets released.

If you want to fix that issue, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config and crack open DefaultInput.ini. Scroll to the end of the file and change ZoomedSensitivityScalar to 1, or whatever else you want your zoomed sensitivity changed to. Default is 0.35. There are a couple other important settings hidden down there too, like mouse acceleration (labeled bViewAccelerationEnabled).

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I wish there was more ambient lighting off the bullet trails.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

I have not noticed bullet travel times being an issue myself, where are people having troubles with this? The most I've had is sometimes in zed time the slow-mo throwing off my instinctive leading expectations and just barely missing a spinning gorefast's head.

Unrelated, the most visually disorienting thing in the game to me, is how much extra wobble there is on your rifle (Every single commando weapon, for example) when you try to ironsight immediately after a weapon switch, particularly during Zed time. "Oh there's a Siren off in the distance, I'll switch to my Scar and pop their head off...am I having a seizure? My scope doesn't shake this much when I'm getting hit by an attack".

Not so much that it is in the way and I absolutely can't deal with it. It's more of a surprise. If tripwire modeled realistic bullet speeds then I'd say I never knew bullets traveled so, relatively, slow. I mean, a cyst is dodging bullets aimed at his head not more than a second's sprint away just by stumbling slowly in a direction.

Also, yeah that super wobble is really weird. I've never had the time to see if it actually ever stops myself, I just give up and re-aim.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Colosmicon posted:

If you want to fix that issue, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config and crack open DefaultInput.ini. Scroll to the end of the file and change ZoomedSensitivityScalar to 1, or whatever else you want your zoomed sensitivity changed to. Default is 0.35. There are a couple other important settings hidden down there too, like mouse acceleration (labeled bViewAccelerationEnabled).

Oh. no. I'm not talking about aim sensitivity.

I mean the model of your gun itself is physically wobbling about extra before it stabilizes. Go ahead, switch to your pistol, then switch to a Varmint rifle, SCAR, etc, and ironsight as soon as you can. Then compare it to scoping in normally, or even after a reload.

Admittedly it's such a small window for it to be caused, quite possibly only one second between when you are allowed to ironsight before the gun is fully drawn, and when ironsight will work normally. But when you are dealing with a horde of zeds and you want that next gun and your headshots RIGHT NOW, or your weapon switch and scope in happens as ZED time is kicking in, it can be pretty daunting. I do suspect like Broose said, that it would be literally faster to unscope/rescope rather than wait for the gun to steady.

Broose posted:

Not so much that it is in the way and I absolutely can't deal with it. It's more of a surprise. If tripwire modeled realistic bullet speeds then I'd say I never knew bullets traveled so, relatively, slow. I mean, a cyst is dodging bullets aimed at his head not more than a second's sprint away just by stumbling slowly in a direction.

Also, yeah that super wobble is really weird. I've never had the time to see if it actually ever stops myself, I just give up and re-aim.

Yeah, I can totally understand that feeling off if you are expecting it to work differently. I can sympathize with things just instinctively feeling "off" loving with you.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 25, 2015

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

videogames are art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
What does support penetration actually mean? It goes over 100% so do you do more damage after the pellets go through an enemy or does it mean you can go through more than one target? I.E at 200% it can go through 2 zeds at full damage or something like that.