Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

Huh, which ones are those? I've got the most recent AvP, Mortal Kombat 9 and 10 and they all work just fine on a german account, and I think all of those are even on the more severe list B. You can't purchase them through the german steam store, but once they're activated on your account you're usually home free.

IIRC there are one or two shooters that do not work with German accounts at all. Maybe those are swastika related though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Zeds are also a LOT faster and do more ducking and weaving when moving on higher difficulties. The step up from Normal to Hard is pretty big, especially when playing zerker I find.

Been trying to get a feel for the Eviscerator but I just don't like it. Don't get me wrong, launching a sawblade and decapitating a scrake or dismembering a hallway full of clots is just as satisfying as it sounds but for the melee part it just feels like it has way too short range for its animation and when compared to the Pulverizer which can block and reliably stagger with the explosive attack I just don't see the value.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I always play with a good medic so whenever someone dies it's because you took a whole ton of damage really, really quickly like getting eiffel tower'd by scrakes or eating some boss grenades. Having 50% more base health to increase that margin is a real life saver.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The worst part of zed movement is that right now zeds will just magically fly 3 feet up to walk on top of railings, which is frustrating as gently caress when it causes you to miss (which is pretty much every time it happens since headshots are important). It'd be nice if that could be fixed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The worst part of zed movement is that right now zeds will just magically fly 3 feet up to walk on top of railings, which is frustrating as gently caress when it causes you to miss (which is pretty much every time it happens since headshots are important). It'd be nice if that could be fixed.

Yeah that happened to me a lot on Biotics Lab. I'm trying to line a headshot train with the shotgun and somehow one of them teleports over a railing causing the rest move to the sides.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Same thing happens wherever there are cars and they crest the hood. They just bob erratically over the corners.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I seem to remember this in the first but it's been a while so I may be lying. Either way, I like it and I feel like it wouldn't be KF without it. :v:

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Give them an animation where they flip over the railing after walking/running into it. Stalkers can do a parkour flip or whatever, and scrakes/husks can vault it with one arm, but clots need to just run into it and topple over the other side.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Questioner86 might be able to answer this. Are there any plans for better lit maps? I feel like even night maps like kf_farm (420420420harhar) in KF1 were easier to spot enemies than inside the dark parts of Outpost. Maybe it's because the graphics are better and there are more elements to distract my eyes. But it distracts from precious seconds of killing and dosh getting! :tfrxmas:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 26, 2015

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Ignoranus posted:

Just gamely joined the Goon Floor 2 server and immediately got murdered because it was on Suicidal. I feel like a real pub over here; A+ satisfying experience. Will return with more XP and the ability perhaps to not get shredded.

How do I favorite a server, by the way? I can't seem to find the option.

If you open up the server info pane there's a star in the bottom corner. Click that to fave the server.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Devs please don't bloat the game with poo poo like TF2 with the hats and accessories.

that is all

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Deakul posted:

Devs please don't bloat the game with poo poo like TF2 with the hats and accessories.

that is all

you know the game already has hats right? Like it literally released with them as a core feature

And the continued-support model of KF1 was buyable cosmetics

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Actually in KF1 it's always hitscan no matter what. It's really obvious when it goes into ZED Time while playing Commando and you fire one bullet and the zed's head pops instantly while the tracer effect slowly makes it's way over and doesn't even hit where you were aiming.

But yeah I want to say that it's all projectile in KF2.

Even the shotguns in KF1? Cause All my experience with trying to deal with crawlers on the overpass on west london using a shotgun tells me they are projectile.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Deakul posted:

that is all

On the other hand: SKRAKE HEAD HAT

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Deakul posted:

that is all

Good luck with this! It's probably going to be the opposite of what you want.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

They could load this game with 5 million hats and while I might not really like it I won't care, as long as they aren't releasing different guns or upgrades as DLC or something like that. But they didn't really do that in KF1, and everyone has learned from TF2 (don't copy) and Dota (copy) so I think it will be fine.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I mean there's already a fedora in the game so it can't get any worse.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Dezinus posted:

I mean there's already a fedora in the game so it can't get any worse.

The Reverend is a grey old preacherman, he can get away with it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
give me character customization all day, just don't make them cost 7 bucks a piece, that's garbage

Randler posted:

IIRC there are one or two shooters that do not work with German accounts at all. Maybe those are swastika related though. :shrug:
sounds likely, first time in years i've ever seen this:

don't have the balls to activate it using a vpn on my 500+ games main account:smith:

tons of other crazy gruesome poo poo is completely uncensored or has freely giftable international versions though

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Require More Fire posted:

If you open up the server info pane there's a star in the bottom corner. Click that to fave the server.

But I can only do this via the server browser, right? Not while connected?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is also possible that swat and/or dragon is supposed to be the tanky fucker and berserker is supposed to be less durable by comparison. But right now, it is only natural to want the dude who needs to take hits to take them well.

I suppose that's possible but right now the 3 gun classes are tankier than the supposed tank, they gain benefit like more HP, more armor, health regen, hell the bloat resistance on a medic caps out at 75% which is pretty ridiculous whereas as the zerker's is a base 35%, plus the other 3 classes have the benefit of being gun classes and generally keep poo poo away from them, the lackluster perk tree doesn't help, you have the more ammo one everyone else gets, 3 worthless abilities that only activate if you're low on health, 3 other abilities that are just RNG when hey activate and the final 2 abilities look amazing but only work during zed time.

Zerker WAS overpowered in KF1 but it feels in their haste to balance him for KF2 they just made him lackluster and mediocre, unless the dragon one is gonna have all the damage resistance stuff.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A game so fun it was banned in Germany

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Alteisen posted:

I suppose that's possible but right now the 3 gun classes are tankier than the supposed tank, they gain benefit like more HP, more armor, health regen, hell the bloat resistance on a medic caps out at 75% which is pretty ridiculous whereas as the zerker's is a base 35%, plus the other 3 classes have the benefit of being gun classes and generally keep poo poo away from them, the lackluster perk tree doesn't help, you have the more ammo one everyone else gets, 3 worthless abilities that only activate if you're low on health, 3 other abilities that are just RNG when hey activate and the final 2 abilities look amazing but only work during zed time.

Zerker WAS overpowered in KF1 but it feels in their haste to balance him for KF2 they just made him lackluster and mediocre, unless the dragon one is gonna have all the damage resistance stuff.

Parrying is supposed to make up the difference. Any class can do it, but only if they have a melee weapon out, and right now Berserker is the class where using a melee weapon makes the most sense. For the most part, if a Scrake is charging them the gun classes just have to hope they can pump out enough damage to kill him before he closes in; a Berserker, on the other hand, can use parries and the Pulverizer's heavy attack to keep him stumbled, which is basically the only way to stay alive for more than a few seconds once he's up in your face.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The only thing I want is that they don't release weapon pack DLC's that are upgrades to vanilla ones. I'm fine with Counter Strike style skins and all that or changing the AA12 for a jackhammer.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

But if it does, you start running low on classes that can actually do damage to the big guys. Commandos kill trash, Firebugs kill trash, SWAT tanks (seemingly), medic tanks/heals/trash, Berserker ???, Martial arts ??? Demo might be a heavy hitter but grenade launchers seem like they're going to clean up trash really well too. That leaves sharpshooters and AA12 supports as the two best able to burst down FPs and scrakes. Maybe gunslingers too?

If martial artists became more mobile/kiting/hard-hitting characters while berserkers gain a few more toughness perks, you'd at least have a melee class split between hard-hitting but fragile and tough but weaker hits. Kind of like how SWAT seems like a role split from KF1 medics and KF1 sharpshooters are split into gunslinger and sharpshooter in KF2.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

But if it does, you start running low on classes that can actually do damage to the big guys. Commandos kill trash, Firebugs kill trash, SWAT tanks (seemingly), medic tanks/heals/trash, Berserker ???, Martial arts ??? Demo might be a heavy hitter but grenade launchers seem like they're going to clean up trash really well too. That leaves sharpshooters and AA12 supports as the two best able to burst down FPs and scrakes.

Demos are going to turn Fleshpounds into dust like they always have, you are over-estimating the value of sharpshooters

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 26, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm so stoked for the carnage the demo grenadelaunchers will bring in this new engine you have no idea. The M32 equivalent is going to be jawdropping.

Guillermus posted:

The only thing I want is that they don't release weapon pack DLC's that are upgrades to vanilla ones. I'm fine with Counter Strike style skins and all that or changing the AA12 for a jackhammer.
Oh yeah, that's kind of the thing that would feel lovely. I'm fine with gold weapon versions or sidegrades because it doesn't make a difference and is just a way to throw tripwire a few extra bucks (like the deluxe version i bought).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 26, 2015

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I really miss the sharpshooter class. Loved to pop heads with the poor 9mm and the drat lever action being amazing. I hope they add that winchester rifle later because for me is an iconic weapon (also really usable for everyone).

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Lemon Curdistan posted:

There's enough different well-known rocket launchers that you could easily do T1-4 for both weapon types (LAW, RPG-7, AT4, Carl Gustaf), too.

All I know is I hope the back blast of any potential rocket launchers we get shoves gibs around.

Replace brass with eyes and stuff. The gun could be a leg. :v:

Also lemme get a bayonet for my shotgun so I can parry with it thanks

Edit:

Musluk posted:

"Russian Rockets Rock"

So I'm guessing it's gonna be a RPG-7.

What if it's a firebug rocket?

The basic rocket is the RPO-A, which has a thermobaric warhead and is designed for attacking soft targets under moderate cover. The RPO-Z is the incendiary warhead (Rus. зажигательный / Zazhigatel'nyy, or "Incendiary") designed to spread fire and ignite targets.

:getin:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 26, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm a page late but please don't actually nerf clots, that is the silliest complaint I've heard in this thread. The auto-focus on the clot that grabbed you changes getting grabbed from the mild inconvenience it was in KF1 to a potentially catastrophic event. For example, you're about to dance with a Scrake and you get grabbed mid-pulverizer swing. Letting clots get in close enough to grab you means somebody on your team is slacking and you are painfully unaware of your surroundings, and now there's a punishment for that.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Demolition totally needs this:

As for the berserker, I get the feeling that it's just not necessarily supposed to be a full-time melee class all the time. The nailgun is actually a very capable weapon, and theoretically the ripper could be great as well if it wasn't so insanely heavy and expensive. The melee options seem to be focused mostly on taking on the bigger targets too, what with their somewhat low speed but high parry/block damage reduction. By comparison, I could see the martial artist become the full time melee class, but with more of a focus on quickly dispatching the chaff with quicker bladed weapons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guillermus posted:

I really miss the sharpshooter class. Loved to pop heads with the poor 9mm and the drat lever action being amazing. I hope they add that winchester rifle later because for me is an iconic weapon (also really usable for everyone).

The fun weapon selection was one of the good things about the original too, having everything from the winchester to a modern auto-shotgun

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Deakul posted:

that is all

Shut up, please.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Geight posted:

I'm a page late but please don't actually nerf clots, that is the silliest complaint I've heard in this thread. The auto-focus on the clot that grabbed you changes getting grabbed from the mild inconvenience it was in KF1 to a potentially catastrophic event. For example, you're about to dance with a Scrake and you get grabbed mid-pulverizer swing. Letting clots get in close enough to grab you means somebody on your team is slacking and you are painfully unaware of your surroundings, and now there's a punishment for that.
As someone who's been grabbed by clots while fighting hans and immediately got nuked by stacked gas grenades, i agree. You can't afford to neglect the small fry now because it can completely wreck you in certain situations and i think thats a good, interesting change.

The one thing i really hate / suck too much to reliably avoid is if hans decides to do multiple 3-slash attacks in a row on me at a point where i don't have armor. You can't outrun it, you can't outheal it even with a medic right on top of you. I guess the solution is either to parry him or glitch out his pathfinding so he misses?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 26, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
If cosmetics (free or paid for, tradeable or cosmetic economy) actually bother you in a video game I feel bad for you son.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Berseker's ability to ignore clot-grabs has gone from "clots can grab?" to "I can't wait to ignore these stupid fuckers". clots am good

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ClonedPickle posted:

Where's the one on Paris from the upper balcony?

Those look amazing in third person, though. Thank you, adjustable-setting mouse wheel.

(click for bigger)

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Just bought this today. It's really fun but player movement feels very slow even when you're sprinting. Hopefully this'll be one of the things that gets tweaked.

I keep pulling my knife out to run faster but it does nothing! CS:GO has spoiled me.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

I AM BRAWW posted:

If cosmetics (free or paid for, tradeable or cosmetic economy) actually bother you in a video game I feel bad for you son.

i want to wear the head of a skrake as a hat. Not have a skrake face helmet. I want a skrake head on top of my head. The reverend has gone a touch crazy in these apocalyptic times and i don't feel that any of the current hats reflect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Perestroika posted:

As for the berserker, I get the feeling that it's just not necessarily supposed to be a full-time melee class all the time. The nailgun is actually a very capable weapon, and theoretically the ripper could be great as well if it wasn't so insanely heavy and expensive. The melee options seem to be focused mostly on taking on the bigger targets too, what with their somewhat low speed but high parry/block damage reduction. By comparison, I could see the martial artist become the full time melee class, but with more of a focus on quickly dispatching the chaff with quicker bladed weapons.

I absolutely love the nailgun and I use it liberally. Even single shots with it will stagger all but the biggest bads and since they pierce like nobodys business it means you can basically lock down a lane indefinitely and also gets you some serious exp credit.

I'm curious if it counts as a shotgun for support perk damage bonus calculations but I haven't had the time to test it out properly.

Today I finally managed to stagger a Scrake with the double barrelled boomstick when the great majority of them hit him in the face. He even did a stagger animation I'd never seen before! Sadly I was the only one left and then he pointed at me and fistpumped and you know the rest :kiddo: