Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is a good-rear end fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
devil foot! :what:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sanji would be terrifying if he learned the Charlie Atlas Superpowers that CP9 has

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sanji's not hurt by the flames on his legs because his heart burns hotter.

That's why.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

i'll be honest the fight parts of the fights are the parts of Impel Down I least remember. They're still cool, but compared to "I love giraffes" and that crazy chicken like who cares

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That seems like a good way to gently caress up your foot Sanji.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JT Jag posted:

Sanji would be terrifying if he learned the Charlie Atlas Superpowers that CP9 has

He learns one of them waaaaaay later

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So he kicks so hard that he gives other people the hot foot?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

JT Jag posted:

mmm

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
shouldn't that also be burning Sanji's leg off

i mean, it looks like he stuck his leg into a loving vat of molten steel

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Argus Zant posted:

shouldn't that also be burning Sanji's leg off

i mean, it looks like he stuck his leg into a loving vat of molten steel

HIS HEART BURNS HOTTER

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

aw right this was p sweet

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

also spices or something

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

HIS HEART BURNS HOTTER

literally canon

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

Sanji's not hurt by the flames on his legs because his heart burns hotter.

That's why.

He's the successor to Red-Foot Zeff. That helps too.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Where's the spice?

it's in his heart.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
great way to end my night. see you, pirate kids.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Hey ya'll. I just got off work and missed... well... everything I wanted to see. Which episodes of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt were on tonight in Goonami? I want to make sure I catch those before next week's episodes.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Ah the short AoT intro this time. I guess this means nothing was cut from tonight's Kill la Kill.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can anybody tell me whether for not they will show the Bleach movies? I know Bleach (the anime series) has ended for Toonami and elsewhere, but I remember watching the first and second movie on Toonami back in the day. What I am getting at is does Cartoon Network have any interest in showing the Bleach movies? I really liked the one where they go to Hell and back, but since they don't even show BLeach the series anymore I am guessing we won't be seeing any Bleach movies in the future. Kinda makes me sad because I put Bleach where I put Cowboy Bebop -- veteran Adult Swim/Toonami animes who have been around for a long time, but now forgotten.

Speaking of movies, will they show movies again? C'mon now.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

Can anybody tell me whether for not they will show the Bleach movies? I know Bleach (the anime series) has ended for Toonami and elsewhere, but I remember watching the first and second movie on Toonami back in the day. What I am getting at is does Cartoon Network have any interest in showing the Bleach movies? I really liked the one where they go to Hell and back, but since they don't even show BLeach the series anymore I am guessing we won't be seeing any Bleach movies in the future. Kinda makes me sad because I put Bleach where I put Cowboy Bebop -- veteran Adult Swim/Toonami animes who have been around for a long time, but now forgotten.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Anime Curator posted:

maybe?

like they eventually showed both FMA movies and since they did the first two eva reboots they kind of have to do the rest of those, right?

so maybe.

:v:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I forgot about Goonami today :negative:.

I'm sorry guys!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wasn't airing movies for a month part of what got the block castrated in the first instance?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wasn't airing movies for a month part of what got the block castrated in the first instance?

Yeah but it was doing old/the same movies that did that. A month of new poo poo would probably do well.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
DBZ put me to sleep and I missed my boy kirito, drat

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
When will we get Boruto on Toonami?
Also man episode 13 of KLK is gonna be reaaaal boring. I wish we could just jump to the next arc already and get to the best character.

Waffleman_ posted:

DEATH GUN WAS BEN DISKIN
That's pretty cool, more Ben Diskin is always a good thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Yeah but it was doing old/the same movies that did that. A month of new poo poo would probably do well.
Toonami's acquisition guys pretty much completely dropped the ball after a ton of shows lapsed at once. They weren't prepared for it, and their short-term solution to buy some time was bad too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JT Jag posted:

Toonami's acquisition guys pretty much completely dropped the ball after a ton of shows lapsed at once. They weren't prepared for it, and their short-term solution to buy some time was bad too.
Really I can see why they were glad they got cut to 3 hours, that benefits them much more in not burning out stuff and having to scrap by on stuff to find.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

HGH posted:

When will we get Boruto on Toonami?

When the dub of Sailor Moon Stars airs.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anime Curator posted:

They showed the first two Bleach movies (Memories of Nobody and Diamonddust Rebellion) but it was a long time ago. 2009-ish I wanna say. They have never talked about airing the remaining two (or even re-airing the first two) since then.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'd be down for movies again here and there. If I were running things I would shape it so that the ends of seasons more or less overlap one another, and then have a movie night or two before the next series starts. They won't overlap perfectly, but you can do 1-3 shows and a movie pretty easily.

They'd have to be good movies, of course, but there's no shortage of those. Expelled from Paradise is a good recent release, anything from Ghibli is a safe bet, there's the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, there's the relatively recent Trigun movie... basically, there are a lot of good anime movies and OVAs made every year, and it's a shame for Toonami not to capitalize on that. I still have fond memories of watching the Read or Die movie on adult swim, and the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs were good fun.

In any case, I'm sure there will be more movies and OVA's down the line, I just would prefer they be a more common feature.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've already done Trigun: Badlands Rumble and the two Rebuilds that have been released in English and anything Ghibli is out of the question on their budget.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

They've already done Trigun: Badlands Rumble and the two Rebuilds that have been released in English and anything Ghibli is out of the question on their budget.

Ah, yeah I figured Ghibli would be out of their price range, though I'm sure they've aired them in the distant past when they had a better budget and they were almost certainly less expensive to air. I didn't know they'd already aired that stuff (Badlands ad the rest), though it makes sense. At any rate there's plenty of good options that I hope they avail themselves of.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

When the dub of Sailor Moon Stars airs.

So eventually as the series is being re dubbed.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Sorry if this has been answered but I'm not going to read through the thousands of replies since I last checked the thread, but is this thread permanently in ADTRW? If so, can we finally make a non-Toonami version of the thread where it's just the live-action and comedy stuff of [as] instead in TVIV?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Do it if you want, I guess. It's better than whining about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mike_V posted:

Sorry if this has been answered but I'm not going to read through the thousands of replies since I last checked the thread, but is this thread permanently in ADTRW? If so, can we finally make a non-Toonami version of the thread where it's just the live-action and comedy stuff of [as] instead in TVIV?

I'm not the one to ask about this, you should just ask Deadpool or one of the other TVIV mods.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mike_V posted:

Deadpool posted:

In case anyone was wondering where the Adult Swin/Toonami thread was, the mod of the anime forum has requested it be moved there so I let him have it. If there are any non anime shows that were discussed in there you're free to make another thread for them. But any discussions involving the anime shows need to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mike_V posted:

This has always been allowed and every attempt has been stillborn because every AS show that folks give a poo poo about has a thread in TVIV already.

• Locked thread