Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ramsus posted:

I want to have an argument about the use of the word combo for a combination of predetermined moves executed for a specific goal time and time again.

:sigh:

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I kind of wish there was something similar for crawlers or that like the crawler's spikes on his back were taller, cause I do get killed by running endlessly into invisible crawlers sometimes. I don't know why it annoys people for clots, you kill em in one shot and you can just like turn around afterwards or something. Maybe have it as a toggle in options or something. But it makes me more annoyed to be blocked by something I can't see than it does to automatically be shown whats blocking me.

The automatic tracking part is what annoys me. I'm guessing it's probably there to give newer players (and again guessing, console players with heavily gutted rate of turns) a heads up that a clot is grabbing you, however it screws up my aiming and my sense of direction so much. Getting grabbed by a clot while kiting something I can handle -and handled in kf1-, I have a high enough field of view and positional audio that I know whereabouts the clot is and I can take it out no problem and continue on with my previous movement vector, but the wrenching my FoV completely kills my orientation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Geight posted:

I don't have grown-up conversations with retard babies sorry :thumbsup:

the big boy grownup discussing videogames. i don't care about any of this but this is really dumb

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

the big boy grownup discussing videogames. i don't care about any of this but this is really dumb

yeah I'm also being a big dumb baby about this too

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Musluk posted:

but the wrenching my FoV completely kills my orientation.

That is the point

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
If there were a few things I'd change about the enemies it would be such:

-Crawlers crumble more to the ground when dead so they don't look alive still. Make their arms noclip into their bodies or something.
-Cysts have unique fumbling over stuff animations and ragdolls while everything else learns to path around stuff that will make them jump 5 feet in the air instantly(Or code in a way to make them not do that somehow), something that gives it a windup so you know its going to happen would be nice, block bloats from it completely though.
-Lower the tankpack on the husk so I can shoot it's head from behind. Maybe give the tank it's own HP and make it explode upon 0.
-Differentiate the fleshpound's show up sting a bit more from the Scrakes. For some reason I can't really tell them apart unless I hear the chainsaw noise of the scrakes sting.
-When a group of pure normal clots spawn, please add the music "No chance in Hell" Specifically at the 36 second mark.
-One of Gorefast's attack animations hits you instantly. It looks like he just wiggles his shoulders a bit for a backhand swipe. It doesn't look like the blade would hurt you on the windup.
-Headless enemies track you way too well for being sensory deprived.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
My pie-in-the-sky change for enemies would be every enemy caste having variations like the Clot does. Someone pointed out the trader lines for dual-bladed gorefasts, that would be sick.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Geight posted:

My pie-in-the-sky change for enemies would be every enemy caste having variations like the Clot does. Someone pointed out the trader lines for dual-bladed gorefasts, that would be sick.

I would love to see this too. Seems there's already some speculation about this already happening on the tripwire forums cause of files that came with EA.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Geight posted:

Well they technically do since they all started out the same prior to modification.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Broose posted:

-Differentiate the fleshpound's show up sting a bit more from the Scrakes. For some reason I can't really tell them apart unless I hear the chainsaw noise of the scrakes sting.

-Headless enemies track you way too well for being sensory deprived.

I agree with you to varying degrees across the board but I wanted to single out these two because I super-agree with them.

When a Scrake or Fleshpound shows up, if I didn't catch the sound of their weapon, all I hear is "big yelling thing what kick our asses" The sounds being more thoroughly distinct would help.

The headless enemies being as good at tracking as they are almost seems like a bug or oversight, I'm sure that's something that'll change a bit over the early access lifespan.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Musluk posted:

hahahahaha

just feels like 2003 with bunny hopping, oh man :allears:

Okay shitposting aside, if you call jumping and shooting a combo, anything you do in this game while moving is also a combo, that's why it sound stupid.

Jesus christ

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I kind of wish there was something similar for crawlers or that like the crawler's spikes on his back were taller, cause I do get killed by running endlessly into invisible crawlers sometimes. I don't know why it annoys people for clots, you kill em in one shot and you can just like turn around afterwards or something. Maybe have it as a toggle in options or something. But it makes me more annoyed to be blocked by something I can't see than it does to automatically be shown whats blocking me.

You and me both buddy :saddowns::hf::saddowns: Crawlers could be (are they?) the least harmful enemy in the game and I still hate em more than gorefasts or stalkers. The downward aiming angle also makes shotty penetration feel wasted to me because my pellets are hitting the dirt and kneecaps of enemies that can stand upright instead of wholesale torso removal.

Either I'm aiming just too high to nail crawlers properly, or too low to properly deal hurt to the rest when I use the boomstick :downs: You'd think this wouldn't be a problem but somehow I manage to gently caress up something as simple as boomstick altfire anyway.

Sirens hold a special place of it feeling like there is ALWAYS something that jumps in front of them when I'm trying to finish them off. on top of just generally being a bitch. "Okay I'll kill this Siren before she becomes a problem... Or two Fleshpounds can jump down from above and body block, that too I guess."

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Section Z posted:

You and me both buddy :saddowns::hf::saddowns: Crawlers could be (are they?) the least harmful enemy in the game and I still hate em more than gorefasts or stalkers. The downward aiming angle also makes shotty penetration feel wasted to me because my pellets are hitting the dirt and kneecaps of enemies that can stand upright instead of wholesale torso removal.

Crouch down to fire straight ahead to take out multiple crawlers. Much more efficient.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Wow, the A12 shotgun is still as amazing as ever, but the double-barrel definitely feels underwhelming.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Taffer posted:

That is the point

Yeah well, apparently.

I still don't like it, but oh well.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
They should bump the Combat Shotgun's ammo up to 80 base like the AA-12 if they're going to keep it at the current price and weight so when I do feel like using one I don't feel like I'm gimping myself by almost halving my available ammo.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Haven't seen this one posted yet.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

Crouch down to fire straight ahead to take out multiple crawlers. Much more efficient.

I've done this firing downhill but for some reason it completely escaped me to do this in normal circumstances :aaaaa:

Also, variants chat. Scrake with an Eviserator?

PS please make fired sawblades glow and have signs with arrows pointing at them because I am a big dumb baby who can only find fired sawblades to pick up by walking over them on accident.

This is double great because it shows the happy joys of teamwork. Plus you do not see so many gifs giving the crovel... Krovel? I'd like to buy a vowel? The murder shovel any love.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
The clot grab is a good mechanic you fucktards.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

yesterday i was shooting a bloat who was coming up the stairs from the metro on the paris map, by the cafe. I killed him and 2 enraged fleshpounds jumped out from behind him, like a rap duo taking the stage.

Except instead of rapping they killed two pubbies.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
This game is really good. I did not expect it to be as polished and ready-to-go as it is. Heavily recommended for anyone who played KF1.

I really like the lighting in this game and I wish the maps were darker and you could only see with a flashlight (infinite battery of course.) Might be a fun mod or mutator at some point.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
How do I drop ammo with the Supplier Perk for Support? I checked the keybindings, but couldn't find anything.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RickDaedalus posted:

How do I drop ammo with the Supplier Perk for Support? I checked the keybindings, but couldn't find anything.

The way it is supposed to work is that people come up to you and push use.. I think. But it's nothing active on your part.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Insert name here posted:

They should bump the Combat Shotgun's ammo up to 80 base like the AA-12 if they're going to keep it at the current price and weight so when I do feel like using one I don't feel like I'm gimping myself by almost halving my available ammo.

Alternatively, lower its weight to 4 and make it a viable alternative backup to the AA-12 and still allow for a heal pistol

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Section Z posted:

The way it is supposed to work is that people come up to you and push use.. I think. But it's nothing active on your part.

How would they know to do that? Is there a backpack on me like the perk says? Or do I have to tell everyone I picked the Supplier Perk?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

RickDaedalus posted:

How would they know to do that? Is there a backpack on me like the perk says? Or do I have to tell everyone I picked the Supplier Perk?

When people are near you, they get a "Press E to get ammo from [name here]" option

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Cardboard Fox posted:

Wow, the A12 shotgun is still as amazing as ever, but the double-barrel definitely feels underwhelming.
The double barrel really clicked for me once I realized you could hold the sprint key down all round with really no drawbacks. The starting shotgun has to cycle the pump after every shot before it lets you sprint again, but the Boomstick is much more mobile.

You have a lot of maneuverability in KF2 compared to KF1, and you can use that to get a better position before shooting and get a good distance away before reloading.

There's also a cool new technique where if you fire both barrels while jumping away from a Scrake or FP, you can do a ton of damage while also rocketing yourself backwards out of melee range.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
It's kinda interesting watching people call each other retard baby shits over the clot grab. Interesting and also loving dumb.

We don't even agree on it internally at Tripwire (Shocking revelation: we are not a game design hive mind) but if you're ever going to try out a mechanic early access is the place to do it. If it loving sucks we can always change it or make it an option or whatever. I'm just glad that something solves the problem in KF1 of not being able to move and not knowing that you're grabbed by a clot until a Fleshpound has expanded your anus.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

When people are near you, they get a "Press E to get ammo from [name here]" option

I'd like something a little more obvious, oh well. I guess I'll start hugging people then.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

The fact that all the gifs posted in the last few pages haven't been posted in the OP is a god damned shame. They basically show why this game is awesome.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

DoombatINC posted:

Alternatively, lower its weight to 4 and make it a viable alternative backup to the AA-12 and still allow for a heal pistol
:agreed: except also probably have to lower the price too slightly in that case because otherwise it still won't see much use.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 31, 2022

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Insert name here posted:

:agreed: except also probably have to lower the price too slightly in that case because otherwise it still won't see much use.

You'll pry that boomstick out of my cold dead hands before I replace it with a wussy semi-auto. Once I see that semiauto make enemies do backflips after taking off their head but before they splat against the opposite wall, then we'll talk.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Questioner86 posted:

It's kinda interesting watching people call each other retard baby shits over the clot grab. Interesting and also loving dumb.

We don't even agree on it internally at Tripwire (Shocking revelation: we are not a game design hive mind) but if you're ever going to try out a mechanic early access is the place to do it. If it loving sucks we can always change it or make it an option or whatever. I'm just glad that something solves the problem in KF1 of not being able to move and not knowing that you're grabbed by a clot until a Fleshpound has expanded your anus.

Anything that makes us bad players learn lessons the hard way is a top rank feature :)

edit:

splifyphus posted:

They...do glow for me? Same bright green as all pickups.

A good number of times it seems there aren't any sawblades to pick up after firing but that could just be me not having worked out the kinks of their physics and how they bounce. If you shoot them into SCs/FPs/Hans it seems they disappear outright but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Martout fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 27, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Questioner86 posted:

I'm sure you don't give a poo poo what a few retards on SA think, but my vote is to keep it in. In a team game that is all about awareness, something that can gently caress up your aim because you or your team ignored a threat is a good thing. If players don't like it happening, get better.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Currently, a medic with a melee weapon is much more survivable than a zerker doing the same while doing an insignificant amount less damage outside of scrakes/fleshpounds, who you'd be parrylocking anyway.
So I've been trying to think of ways to make it more based around MGR style zandatsu to give it more crowd control utility.

Have the parry window be longer per level.
Lower damage when blocking per level.
Give a dash as one of the earlier perks(5 or 10), think bloodborne dash evading.
Slowdown on parrying as a bonus to both talents at level 15 or 20.
Allow zerker to infinitely swing a melee weapon while held down, instead of stopping at a three hit combo

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 27, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Nalesh posted:

Allow zerker to infinitely swing a melee weapon while held down, instead of the three hit combo

You can already do this by just repressing the attack button during the third swing.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Theta Zero posted:

You can already do this by just repressing the attack button during the third swing.

Speaking of which, what exactly is the point of the combo system? Do the later attacks in the combos do more damage? Is there a reason for me to not just mash M1 instead?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Questioner86 posted:

I'm one of those people fine with the clot grab as is, and I'm not exactly "Good" at this game, just above pubbie average (Which isn't hard sometimes, I've had to inform some people you can use Q to heal yourself).

gently caress ankle height crawler bodyblocks though. Those "catch" me far more often than Clot grabs do, or when I do get grabbed form a clot freeing myself means I Cant go anywhere because I have to look straight down to notice there are crawlers tying my shoelaces together.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 27, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Theta Zero posted:

I know, but so can everyone else, I'm talking like being able to just hold the button down so you can concentrate more on other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Let me test my new nerd gas.