Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Crawlers camouflaging themselves in the piles of corpses constantly at my feet and preventing me from moving past them is much worse than being turned to face a clot that grabbed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

Crawlers camouflaging themselves in the piles of corpses constantly at my feet and preventing me from moving past them is much worse than being turned to face a clot that grabbed me
They should make crawlers bright yellow and pink so the game isn't as spooky.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fullhouse posted:

That's metal as gently caress

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Broose posted:

If there were a few things I'd change about the enemies it would be such:
-One of Gorefast's attack animations hits you instantly. It looks like he just wiggles his shoulders a bit for a backhand swipe. It doesn't look like the blade would hurt you on the windup.

This was a problem in KF1 as well, even if you stunned it the gorefast could still hit with just the starting frame of one its attacks.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Fullhouse posted:

They actually seem to intentionally do that, they have a really unique low-crawling animation whenever they're around a bunch of other enemies.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

They actually seem to intentionally do that, they have a really unique low-crawling animation whenever they're around a bunch of other enemies.

It's one of those things that sounds cool, and looks cool, but then you just find it more annoying than anything the 10th time you find yourself unable to move because a crawler is sitting there at your ankles, while to your side you can see a bloat teleporting 20 feet vertically because NPC's can just bypass entire stairwells.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Crawlers crawling through a pile of dead crawlers making it hard to tell which one is alive is actually awesome. The literal piles of dead bodies that fill a hallway after a fight are amazing A+++ this game is the best

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So hey if you're low on health and think you can stand behind a welded door when a Scrake is after you it's not the best idea

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Section Z posted:

It's one of those things that sounds cool, and looks cool, but then you just find it more annoying than anything the 10th time you find yourself unable to move because a crawler is sitting there at your ankles, while to your side you can see a bloat teleporting 20 feet vertically because NPC's can just bypass entire stairwells.

They may be fat but they have WORKED those calves.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

And it should always be mentioned how ankle high obstacles and untraversable when mentioning enemy rail jumping. A good example of this is the height of the railings next to the plants at the lobby entrance of Biotics Lab. If you are in the plants, you can't just walk on the railing even though it isn't as high as a stair. Just blocks you in like a wall.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So hey if you're low on health and think you can stand behind a welded door when a Scrake is after you it's not the best idea
Oh God, I did not expect that second door. That was loving hilarious.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Ahahaha pro click right here. That was beautiful.

Regarding the vertical teleporting: a minor windup animation and a slightly slower rising speed could easily turn the really jarring teleport into a really powerful jump. That would not only look way less jarring but it would allow the players to get a short hint that it is about to happen.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Broose posted:

And it should always be mentioned how ankle high obstacles and untraversable when mentioning enemy rail jumping. A good example of this is the height of the railings next to the plants at the lobby entrance of Biotics Lab. If you are in the plants, you can't just walk on the railing even though it isn't as high as a stair. Just blocks you in like a wall.

Well, 90% of the time I mention one of those I mention the other, yeah. I've lost track of how often I've bounced off a railing I was right next to trying to jump DOWN from a place, when enemies have little trouble warping their way up from below (which leads to why I wanted to flee in the first place). Railings that the player CAN make it over with a jump, but so often hates to let me.

Having the high ground is useless so often, because it will not slow the enemy down at all. Like some of those tiny stairwells in the snow map. You run your rear end up those stairs, turn around to get some easy shots while they are busy with it, maybe throw a grenade at the choice clustering of enemies... Oh they are just skipping the second half of the stairwell entirely welp. I guess I'll just jump back down over this tiny railing... I guess I'll... gently caress. Okay THIRD try I'm over. Another standout is that little ledge outside by some stairs that frequently spawns an ammo pickup. "okay, I'll grab this ammo and then... Oh they are all warping their way up the ledge that is as tall as they are :sigh:".

They make it up that ledge to chase me faster than they can fall down the other side when I jump and take 20 damage hitting the ground. Because falling it slower (and easier to headshoot them as they fall) than their ability to warp upwards works. I feel safer when the enemy has the high ground over me because then they are restricted by the same limitations I am in how fast I can expect them to reach me.

EDIT: I have no idea why I am so loving obsessive over this odd quirk. But for whatever reason, it just bugs me more than anything else.

Martout posted:

They may be fat but they have WORKED those calves.

Perhaps their fat jiggles so hard, the inertia carries them upwards?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 27, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I just hope the next patch is imminent, massive, and adds a bunch of content

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Taffer posted:

Crawlers crawling through a pile of dead crawlers making it hard to tell which one is alive is actually awesome. The literal piles of dead bodies that fill a hallway after a fight are amazing A+++ this game is the best

Best part of the piles of bodies is your teammate throwing a grenade into one at your feet in the middle of zed time, can't wait for demo to come out so I can have that experience 10 times a round

:captainpop:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I just hope the next patch is imminent, massive, and adds a bunch of content

More jigglebones and fat rolls on the bloat?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd prefer if some enemies could do moon jumps and some had to use stairs. Like, maybe fleshpounds, crawlers and stalkers can jump but the rest need to use pathing other than straight lines. Every enemy being restricted by terrain would be too easy, but none of them is kind of bullshit. Perhaps the ability to jump down could remain universal, but the ability to jump up would be restricted. I dunno, it would be worth trying a few different things at least, because the present state makes vertical map design kind of pointless. For example, gas station was a pretty bad map for a number of reasons, but if it was ported into kf2 everything would just jump straight to the roof.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

why can't anyone of the enemies moonwalk. tripwire is loving us again

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

why can't anyone of the enemies moonwalk. tripwire is loving us again

I will pay dosh money for a boombox that forces everyones music to change to Billy Jean and causes all zeds to moonwalk.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Also learned that Scrakes will run over lesser zeds in charge mode. The poor cyst didn't have a chance

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also learned that Scrakes will run over lesser zeds in charge mode. The poor cyst didn't have a chance

Fleshpounds too. They can also make enemies start attacking each other if they live although I've only seen it happen twice.

Husks can also piss off their allies too.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Fleshpounds too. They can also make enemies start attacking each other if they live although I've only seen it happen twice.

Husks can also piss off their allies too.

I've seen enemies in front of a Husk duck out of the way so that he was able to fire at me.

It's loving cool.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Husks will happily take scores of their allies with them when they blow themselves up and it is cool as hell

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Xyretire posted:

Speaking of which, what exactly is the point of the combo system? Do the later attacks in the combos do more damage? Is there a reason for me to not just mash M1 instead?

If you just mash M1 you have a much longer delay between swings than if you do the combo.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I saw a Husk and FP get into a brawl after a friendly fire (:haw:) incident. The Husk won.

Also a new special ability should go to the Bloat: If it is up some stairs from a target it will just drop and roll all the way down, bowling over enemies and players alike. If they're up way higher they'll belly flop down into the ground and explode bile over everything.

I could've swore I've seen Gorefasts damage nearby enemies while swinging their swords around, it should happen more often and do more damage. Gorefasts don't give a gently caress.

My opinion re: Clot grab. Right now the game constantly re-centers your aim around the Clot that is grabbing you. It should swing the aim only toward the clot only once, but then simply make your aim sway around until the clot is killed. This would allow you to temporarily ignore the clot and fire at a more dangerous target but it will throw your aim off.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Fina posted:

I saw a Husk and FP get into a brawl after a friendly fire (:haw:) incident. The Husk won.

Also a new special ability should go to the Bloat: If it is up some stairs from a target it will just drop and roll all the way down, bowling over enemies and players alike. If they're up way higher they'll belly flop down into the ground and explode bile over everything.

I could've swore I've seen Gorefasts damage nearby enemies while swinging their swords around, it should happen more often and do more damage. Gorefasts don't give a gently caress.

My opinion re: Clot grab. Right now the game constantly re-centers your aim around the Clot that is grabbing you. It should swing the aim only toward the clot only once, but then simply make your aim sway around until the clot is killed. This would allow you to temporarily ignore the clot and fire at a more dangerous target but it will throw your aim off.

Maybe like an option to "flick" to it with your mouse, and THEN have the game do the autospin for you?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I cast my empty meaningless vote to keep the clot spin/grab in, it makes it easier for me to get out and I always value mobility over being able to shoot right now, and it's funny to see morons on SA bitching about it.

make it 2 fleshpounds 1 commando :mrgw:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Frivolous zerker weapon wishes from a guy who doesn't know how this whole "parry" or "common sense" thing works and who's berserker isn't even level 4 yet.

Lawnmower man: Jealous of that Commando getting a +40% damage perk to his tacticool knife (and pistol) talent? Well now you can too! As well as a +Whatever% speed upgrade to the lawnmower blade instead of a pistol buff!

Nailgun nail bash: Melee bash pistol whips with the barrel, and fires off a single nail on impact.

Severed Gorefast arm: Berserker's can press Use to pick up severed gorefast arms, which break after a few hits but deal a lot of damage. Alt fire is a 360 spin attack.

Fake Edit: Seriously though, replace one of the Berserker's Level 5 garbage perks with an equivalent to the commando's "Backup" perk.

Real Edit: Is there some secret practical benefit to the "uppercut" melee motion you get from walking backwards when you swing? Outside of fun with ragdoll physics on kill anyway.

EDIT Two:

BEHOLD! The power of the lawnmower blade!

I tagged that fresh scrake with the M1 slash, sure he didn't die but he learned to respect that lawnmower blade... I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact he was on a staircase at the time.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 27, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I am pro-clot-grab in general, though I do wish the whip-around was smoother when you get grabbed from directly behind you

I would also like to put myself down as extremely in favor of the "wooo spring break" animation cysts do when they pop out of sewers

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Alternatively, dumb ideas ahoy, if you get grabbed, make the hands more obvious and then a flashing prompt that says something and hitting e snaps your camera to the bro dude.

But i say keep it the way it currently is.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
Clots are just trying to give hugs, why do Goons hate free hugs? :colbert:

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

All enemies should look like the Clot and just have varying health pools so I don't have to worry about aiming in different directions.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Man, so tempting to go GOONS HEH :smuggo: re clots but I'm gonna be a dumb idiot baby in other ways and blame console gaming instead. Again.

Anyway here have a gfy regarding MANholes.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Will there ever be stat tracking or anything of that sort?

Or the ability to favorite a server without going to the server browser? Or perhaps an in-game server browser as well?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

He's just putting DJ skully and his voice where he belongs. Thanks mr. scrake.

Why hasn't anyone edited berzerker gameplay footage with varying levels of Rules of Nature yet à la MGR?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Will there ever be stat tracking or anything of that sort?

While I hope Tripwire has plans for it myself but that is something big enough where I bet they won't talk about it if they do.

I'd like to know how accurate I am, average damage taken, time spent with the team, etc...

Broose fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 27, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Musluk posted:

Yeah well, apparently.

I still don't like it, but oh well.

It feels better to be right about something when other goons are wrong about it. :smug:

This fuckin owns.

Also I really like that they gave DJ Scully a goofy Dutch(??) accent. I like the variation of voices across the board, especially with the constable and army guy bringing in the classic KF lines.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I doubt this is new news but I remember people asking about additional weapons.

TW Wilsonam posted:

Plan is for a total of 10 Perks, 4 primary weapons per Perk, plus the knife and grenade.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1386849&postcount=2

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taffer posted:

The dead body tweak is great too, makes the level look like the aftermath of the Dead Alive finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

A pretty helpful post from the Tripwire forums:

quote:

1st.
All Medic Guns Make a Ping sound when they spot an injured target.

The Ping sound indicates that you have locked onto an injured target and should you shoot at them, the dart will be homing, which means that you can shoot it in a wicked arc and it connects as long as you do not break the lock.

2nd.
Melee Bash (Guns) will punt Scrakes and Fleshpounds back into a stumble just like a succesful parry. EVEN if they are raging. (Tested it out and even if FP is red with hate, he will stumble) So if you see a FP or a Scrake going for someone, go Bash it. (Don't stick too close afterwards though)

However there are certain attacks that won't be cancelled by the bash and they will ignore subsequent bashes for a duration, so time those bashes right!
(Credit to Nenjin)

Saw blades fired from the Eviscerator will stumble Scrakes as well if you land a headshot.
(Credit to Paronine)

3rd.
The Medic pistol has a weight of 1 and only costs 200 dosh. Always buy one, no matter your perk, so that you can heal teammates from a distance.
(Credit to Paronine)

4th.
Munk's Berzerker Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQs...ure=youtu.be&a
(Credit to Munk & RTMelissa)

5th.
Support & Commando Grenades do immense damage on Fleshpounds just like in KF1 try to reserve those after wave 4/6 (normal/long) This is because both of them deal explosive damage. (Note that Support's grenades have much smaller radius and also release fragments, so these may not be as efficient as Commando grenades.)
(Credit to kliziflip15)

6th.
Scrakes aka big chainsaw guys, (Quick call Sc/Scr) rage after their health drops below a certain threshold and they will rage on forever unlike Fleshpounds. Scrakes gain a massive speed boost during their rages and will outrun any class in the game. Do not shoot at them unless you have the time to finish them off.

Fleshpounds aka big yellow/red guys, (Quick call FP) rage at random periods of not being in combat and if dealt significant damage in a short period of time. Fleshpounds gain an immense speedboost and damage boost during their short rages as well as the ability to mow over lesser zeds.
Unlike Scrake, Fleshpounds will stop raging after a short period of time or when they attack something. And for this reason Fleshpounds can be kited much more reliably than Scrakes by welding doors and forcing them to bash them.

Both the Scrake and the Fleshpound can have their rage cancelled for a short period of time by Berzerkers EMP grenades, these grenades should also be spared for either of these after wave 4.
(Credit to Jovial)

7th.
Consider using the 9mm Handgun to conserve ammo (and thus money) on trash zeds on all difficulties. This will help you reach those Tier4 Weapons much faster.
(Credit to Trotskygrad)

8th.
Consider scavening the map for extra weapons/ammo/kevlar while the waves are close to ending. This is an easy way to get easy extra income as long as you can carry more weapons.

9th.
Armament skill (lvl 10) for Medic works with every tick of the Medic Grenade, Which means that each tick will repair 2% Armor, all the way up to 20% total (Armor Increasing stats/skills greatly benefit from this repair as the 2% is based around max armor instead of a solid 100 armor)
(Credit to TerraMaw)

10th.
As a Medic (or a Berzerker), try to tank Scrakes and Fleshpounds for your more squishy teammates. A Medic has large amounts of armor which means they can survive longer against bigger Zeds. (and Berzerkers have an inbuilt 5% damage resistance and can parry without losing any damage potential unlike other classes who need to swap to a knife for example.)
(Credit to rodrigoxm49 & Nenjin)

11th.
Consider healing others with the Syringe Tool whenever it's safe. Not only does it give a more potent healing than when healing yourself, but you'll also get money and medic experience. Your teammate might also heal you for the more potent amount when he sees what you did

Also this spreadsheet for mega spergs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/edit#gid=2068776317

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 27, 2015