Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It's more likely Mindfang bored His Honourable Tyranny to death with hours of exposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know, I just realized the reason why his text color is red.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Plom Bar posted:

The implications of this - that all the ancestors speak like their dancestor selves - makes the Signless and Redglare a lot funnier to think about.

Terezi explicitly states that her way of speaking comes from ancient prophets or something.

edit: So..is Grandpa Harley probably still alive on his battleship in the Betaverse? (before dying and inevitably getting stuffed in proud Harley tradition) And he never came to say hi to Jade during all 3 years?

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 27, 2015

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Surpise, there's an early update that wasn't marked on his horse calender.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Davinci posted:

Surpise, there's an early update that wasn't marked on his horse calender.

Wrong, we just got Monday's update a little earlier. See his blog post.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Why haven't they taken off the tiara from Jane, she's going to be possessed again the moment she wakes up if they don't.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now when would've Jake been rescued? And based on Vriska's sprite 'tampering' I wonder if the Alpha kids even went through a trickster rush. And how did they get to the victor's platform already? So many questions...

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
They had to have, right? Jane was talking about it with Calliope and Jade.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

So good ol' Dirk still hosed up and made ARquiussprite. What's the platform they're sitting on? Anybody recognize it?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

lotus circle posted:

Why haven't they taken off the tiara from Jane, she's going to be possessed again the moment she wakes up if they don't.

Given that there are evil robot lines extending across her body, it's probably more difficult to remove than just taking the thing off her head.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

So good ol' Dirk still hosed up and made ARquiussprite. What's the platform they're sitting on? Anybody recognize it?

I think it's the Sburb Victory Platform, or at least that's what it is when you win.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

...hosed up ... made ARquiussprite.

youre terrible

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

youre terrible
It is known.

Do we assume Gamzee is in the Locked Fridge of Doom, or does it still contain a cornucopia o' corpses?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Has anyone counted the number of times the entirety of an update is just zooming in on a location? poo poo's utterly maddening.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Plom Bar posted:

Has anyone counted the number of times the entirety of an update is just zooming in on a location? poo poo's utterly maddening.

zoom and enhance

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Now when would've Jake been rescued? And based on Vriska's sprite 'tampering' I wonder if the Alpha kids even went through a trickster rush. And how did they get to the victor's platform already? So many questions...

If you start from here, you'll see Jane retell these events. In brief: Yes, the Alpha kids went Trickster, and we can assume that this all is happening immediately where Jane left her story off. So Jake has been successfully rescued, but Roxy is dead. I suspect that they're on this platform to regroup and plot their next move, with the asleep Jade and Jane in tow.

With that having been established, everyone's looking surprisingly at ease with Roxy's death. And I would suppose that they don't yet know about John.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

After going on a Persterlog binge in Acts 4-5, I'm gutted we're not immediately getting quality Dave words.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm... really surprised we're skipping right to here. We're not going to see any of the jailbreak or alternate Roxy's death or anything? Bah.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Bobulus posted:

I'm... really surprised we're skipping right to here. We're not going to see any of the jailbreak or alternate Roxy's death or anything? Bah.

We already did see Roxy's death. And rendered in a much more artistically pleasing way than the current format, no less.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Establishing shots will as establishing shots do.

So this is after the confrontation with Jane, meaning their Roxy is dead. There's no sign of Dirk. I don't think we know what the Condesce is up to at the moment, and still no sign of the other sprites. Also I guess we might be about to see a Tavros and Jake conversation, which'll be interesting. They have a fair bit in common (both Pages, love of Tinkerbulls, had friends aggressively rope them into uncomfortable relationships).

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Alternatively, as an old-rear end man, I am happy Andrew Hussie will be updating earlier in the day now. Now I don't have to wait until the morning to see the update, or stay up and only get five hours of sleep before work.

edit: Jade sent Dirk to the farthest ring before she went to the Meteor (and got put to sleep), so that probably still happened. Presumably, once they can wake Jade back up, they can bring him right back. But for now, it lets Dirk and Dave have a one-on-one conversation.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Bobulus posted:

That's fine and all, but I really like 'perpetually pissed off but still somehow does the same poo poo as Jesus' Sufferer:

Yeah, Karkat as the Jesus allegory is way funnier than Kankri as the Sufferer.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Also, when rendered stylistically, the mayor is taller than everyone.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

AR didn't get twisted into near-shatters before going into ARQuiussprite, so apparently Dirk didn't angst as long or as hard.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Did we ever see GCat get created from Jake's BARK code, or was it just assumed that that happened at some point during the 4 month stretch?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AR didn't get twisted into near-shatters before going into ARQuiussprite, so apparently Dirk didn't angst as long or as hard.

Maybe Dirk isn't in the group because he himself went into the sprite this time

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Ariong posted:

Did we ever see GCat get created from Jake's BARK code, or was it just assumed that that happened at some point during the 4 month stretch?

CyberJane did it in that flash with all the glitches.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

thanks alot assbag posted:

Maybe Dirk isn't in the group because he himself went into the sprite this time
No, he got thrown into the Outermost Ring by Jade.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I wonder where Dirk is.

Probably being awful.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

After going on a Persterlog binge in Acts 4-5, I'm gutted we're not immediately getting quality Dave words.

I still have hope for "daveisafunnyguy.txt"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Blackheart posted:

I still have hope for "daveisafunnyguy.txt"

We have the potential for a ARquius/Dave slam-poetry-beatdown.

All will be well.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Where Dirk is, courtesy of Tumblr:

Meanwhile, the homestuck upd8 tag is full of people losing their ball bearings over HUSSIE UNFAIR 2 GAMZEE.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Meanwhile, the homestuck upd8 tag is full of people losing their ball bearings over HUSSIE UNFAIR 2 GAMZEE.

lol Gamzee deserves death even more than some hypothetical Croidansprite.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

WAR FOOT posted:

Gamzee did literally everything wrong.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Gamzee did literally everything wrong.

I was really hoping, for a good long while, that everything Gamzee did post-papshoosh was going to be explained as a super-longview approach to taking Lord English down (Like, he was making Caliborn's rise as easy as possible. I figured he was getting all the 'necessary' stuff done in a way that led to Caliborn being unable to cope with adversity when the big showdown finally happened), but, sadly, no, he was just being an rear end in a top hat.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

WAR FOOT posted:

To be fair, being part of a hypothetical Croidansprite would be a fate worse than death.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

The argument (I report, I do not endorse) was that Vriska is way way worse than Gamzee, because in the current timeline he only killed off two people (Equius, Nepeta) and so did she (Tavros, Aradia). Therefore Vriska should never be happy ever.

e: Has anybody got a favorite Homestuck notifier bookmark or equivalent?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Weird question unrelated to the update: does anyone remember what was in the wallet?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bobulus posted:

I was really hoping, for a good long while, that everything Gamzee did post-papshoosh was going to be explained as a super-longview approach to taking Lord English down (Like, he was making Caliborn's rise as easy as possible. I figured he was getting all the 'necessary' stuff done in a way that led to Caliborn being unable to cope with adversity when the big showdown finally happened), but, sadly, no, he was just being an rear end in a top hat.

At this juncture I think I'd be genuinely disappointed if Gamzee was playing some sort of Longest Game. I'd much rather him remain irredeemable clown trash.

Unlike Vriska, he hasn't expressed anything resembling a positive quality, and no, 'Being Stoned' doesn't count.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The argument (I report, I do not endorse) was that Vriska is way way worse than Gamzee, because in the current timeline he only killed off two people (Equius, Nepeta) and so did she (Tavros, Aradia). Therefore Vriska should never be happy ever.

I've heard dumb people make a self-defense argument about Tavros, and, in fairness, of all those, the only death that seems to have stuck is Nepeta.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: Has anybody got a favorite Homestuck notifier bookmark or equivalent?

None of the update notifiers seem to work anymore, I think the MSPA has had some backend changes in the last several months. Just use the RSS.