Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
What is this?

I was promised fake teens sitting around bullshitting to the bitter end, dammit where's the chatlog Hussie. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Weird question unrelated to the update: does anyone remember what was in the wallet?

The pre- and post- scratch Dads each have their own wallets, and we don't know which Terezi would have wanted. John took inventory of his Dad's wallet here, and since then, the car was crashed and the shaving cream was detonated. Also, the wallet briefly contained the Tumor, but that's accounted for. Via Bec Noir and Cal, the wallet eventually came into the hands of a pre-death Aradia, and some of its artifacts have appeared in the possession of bothe the Midnight Crew and the Felt.

We don't know what exactly is in Jane's Dad's wallet aside from general dad poo poo, but as far as I know she probably lost it when she got killed on Derse back before Dirk got everyone into the Medium.

Honestly, I don't have a clue what's in it that Terezi could need. Maybe she doesn't need it for what's already inside, but that she wants to put something in it? With the Wallet modus, John was able to captchlogue the Tumor easily, when even the Harlequin doll was too big for his Stack modus to process. It seems improbable, but I've always figured making some Sylladex bullshit a critical part of the finale is the exact kind of thing Hussie would do.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Note to Self posted:

It seems improbable, but I've always figured making some Sylladex bullshit a critical part of the finale is the exact kind of thing Hussie would do.

Captchalogue Cal, the end.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Note to Self posted:

The pre- and post- scratch Dads each have their own wallets, and we don't know which Terezi would have wanted. John took inventory of his Dad's wallet here, and since then, the car was crashed and the shaving cream was detonated. Also, the wallet briefly contained the Tumor, but that's accounted for. Via Bec Noir and Cal, the wallet eventually came into the hands of a pre-death Aradia, and some of its artifacts have appeared in the possession of bothe the Midnight Crew and the Felt.

We don't know what exactly is in Jane's Dad's wallet aside from general dad poo poo, but as far as I know she probably lost it when she got killed on Derse back before Dirk got everyone into the Medium.

Honestly, I don't have a clue what's in it that Terezi could need. Maybe she doesn't need it for what's already inside, but that she wants to put something in it? With the Wallet modus, John was able to captchlogue the Tumor easily, when even the Harlequin doll was too big for his Stack modus to process. It seems improbable, but I've always figured making some Sylladex bullshit a critical part of the finale is the exact kind of thing Hussie would do.

Thanks! I know the wallet is going to be relevant, but even though I now know what's in it I still can't figure out how....

Zoe posted:

What is this?

I was promised fake teens sitting around bullshitting to the bitter end, dammit where's the chatlog Hussie. :mad:

Just one last zoom in tease before the fun begins (I hope).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Just one last zoom in tease before the fun begins (I hope).

We will finish the entire horse calendar by finally reaching the rare and illusive extreme-pixel-zoom.

The single dot of Terezi's red glasses revealing so much, but explaining so little.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'm glad Hussie's planning on changing the update time zone, waking up like a kid at Christmas every other day (updates typically happened around 5.30am for me during A6A6I4) was pretty exhausting.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lol at you nerds in lovely time zones, getting a new update at 9 PM sharp ruled. It's too bad I'll have to be at my computer around five now to get updates right as they drop, and it's not as fun as primetime Homestuck.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

He's not guaranteeing when they drop; just at midnight in some European timezone. Assuming he's counting Moscow Time Zone as European, that could be as much as UTC+3. e: For comparison, Eastern Daylight is UTC-4.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It always seemed like cheating to get a day's update at nine o'clock the night before, being on the west coast. If Hussie's now picking a random European country's midnight to post, I think that now means that Tuesday's update will come between two and four Monday afternoon because of weird time zone poo poo.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He's not guaranteeing when they drop; just at midnight in some European timezone. Assuming he's counting Moscow Time Zone as European, that could be as much as UTC+3. e: For comparison, Eastern Daylight is UTC-4.
Fine by me, that would mean I get the 9PM sharp updates.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
lol I forgot how much of europe shares one big rear end lovely time zone

vannevar
Jan 27, 2013

The war goes on.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: Has anybody got a favorite Homestuck notifier bookmark or equivalent?

MSPA Notifier still works for Chrome as of this very evening.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Plom Bar posted:

With that having been established, everyone's looking surprisingly at ease with Roxy's death. And I would suppose that they don't yet know about John.

Don't forget that in this timeline Rose's powers haven't been impaired by a couple years of heavy substance abuse. They may even be sitting here just waiting for John and Roxy to show up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Horrible Reread Realization: We met the Alpha kids in 20 loving 11. :negative:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

WAR FOOT posted:

Jane was introduced on the same day Skyrim came out.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

WAR FOOT posted:

Hussie is, like, 5 years away from being middle-aged.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Roger Explosion posted:

Hussie is, like, 5 years away from being middle-aged.

This prompted me to look up Hussie on Wikipedia to see how old he is now, and his Wikipedia header pic is this:

And y'know what, I think it's just right.

edit: The talk page is scary.

:stare:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Well, that explains why he didn't get that much done during the gigapause. :smith:

Thanks for being creepy weirdos, Homestuck fans

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
hussie can run for president in 2016

Cleretic posted:

Jane was introduced on the same day Skyrim came out.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 27, 2015

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Meanwhile, the homestuck upd8 tag is full of people losing their ball bearings over HUSSIE UNFAIR 2 GAMZEE.

I stepped on this bomb yesterday when I tried pointing out that Gamzee literally threatened to murder everyone and paint the walls with their blood and tried to do it. Next thing I know I'm being used as an example of ableism and violence towards the mentally infirm before I managed to grovel enough to calm the dude down.

Serves me right saying anything on tumblr I guess.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Goddamnit Tumblr, it would be much easier to defend you if you didn't pull off poo poo like this.

I would also argue that if you are using Gamzee as your chosen representation of mentally infirm people in media you are doing them a greater disservice than someone pointing out that the guy who murdered two people and wilfully contributed to the destruction of multiple universes MIGHT be the sort of person that should be locked up.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Speaking of missing characters, what happened to Davesprite? He died on LOWAS with John in the reboot, and pre-reboot he was last seen chatting to ARquiusprite on LOTAK, which presumably got destroyed in Game Over. Also, if pre-reboot Jaspersprite was with John and Roxy on (old) LOWAS are there now two of them, or did he die in the reboot as well? these are important questions

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In the new revision, he died when John's planet exploded, but the original version was on the old planet that he brought with him.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Nephthys posted:

I stepped on this bomb yesterday when I tried pointing out that Gamzee literally threatened to murder everyone and paint the walls with their blood and tried to do it. Next thing I know I'm being used as an example of ableism and violence towards the mentally infirm before I managed to grovel enough to calm the dude down.

Serves me right saying anything on tumblr I guess.

There's currently like two major camps on Tumblr right now.

Side A is "Don't make excuses for people with mental illness and don't pretend it's glamorous."
Side B screeches about ableism, neurotypicals, and wears their depression or anxiety as a goddamn badge of honor.

You can probably guess which side thinks Gamzee is a victim.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Classtoise posted:

Side A is "Don't make excuses for people with mental illness and don't pretend it's glamorous."
Side B screeches about ableism, neurotypicals, and wears their depression or anxiety as a goddamn badge of honor.
I've seen several people on Side A saying "I have autism/mental disease/addiction and somehow I have managed to avoid going on a killing spree, shut the gently caress up."

There's also a large group saying "Hurray, Dave/Jade and Dave/Jade/Terezi aren't dead because Dave is sitting next to sleeping Jade!" Which, Godspeed Apollo 13. I may be unreasonably pleased about this myself. Any goons who are on Tumblr and want to follow/be followed by/mock other goons, PM me your Tumblr names and I'll mail everybody who replies a list.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
But Gamzee's not mentally ill? That's exactly how he's supposed to be. His chill lameness was a drug-induced state.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

But Gamzee's not mentally ill? That's exactly how he's supposed to be. His chill lameness was a drug-induced state.
Do not attempt to meet online hysteria with reason and/or evidence.

e: Oh, sensible point from Tumblr: ARquiussprite admired Red!Jane's programming and said it was more advanced than his (sorry, no cite, but I've seen screenshots) and it is possible he's hanging out with her in hopes of deprogramming her.

ee: Aha, I found it. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008277

quote:

ARQUIUSPRITE: She is one of the few organic beings who will ever realize perfe%ion
ARQUIUSPRITE: Miss Crocker is now a vessel for a cunning, malicious artificial intelligence whose neural netroni% and ontology buffers and stuff like that have somehow managed to far surpass even my own
ARQUIUSPRITE: Clearly she has procured ma%imum advantage from her apprenticeship under me, although I must admit not even I in all my hypercognitive percipience was quite aware that said tutelage was even taking place
ARQUIUSPRITE: One must inviolably deduce via tons of math that this is because I am just that clopdarned STRONG at mentoring, even on an involuntary basis
ARQUIUSPRITE: I am so proud of her
DIRK: Ok, all that bullshit aside,
DIRK: What's this about her becoming evil?
ARQUIUSPRITE: The thing about Jane becoming evil is
ARQUIUSPRITE: In the process of achieving perfe%ion...
ARQUIUSPRITE: It seems there is a ludi%ly high probability that she has become evil
ARQUIUSPRITE: Does that answer your question?
DIRK: No.
DIRK: How is becoming evil achieving perfection?
ARQUIUSPRITE: Admittedly it is a blemish
ARQUIUSPRITE: But only a very small one
ARQUIUSPRITE: Her imperfect meatmind has been fully fiddling hijacked by a supercomputer and that is the operative transmutation here
ARQUIUSPRITE: To such e%ceptional beings of class and breeding as she and I, considerations of morality and alignment are trifling details
DIRK: Why.
ARQUIUSPRITE: Why what
DIRK: Why do I keep going along with these "ironic AI" conversations.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 27, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Gamzee's just one part gutless, drugged up coward and one part manically dedicated cultist. If there's one thing I do like about Hussie's writing, it's that the villains really aren't all that unbelievable, at least from a personality perspective. They're just a lot of lovely people making things shittier for everyone else and constantly avoiding having to deal with the reality that they suck.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

WAR FOOT posted:

lol Gamzee deserves death even more than some hypothetical Croidansprite.
What the gently caress did Eridan do to deserve that

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Now that Homestuck is in full swing again, my two favorite add-ons of all time are Tumblr Savior and the Xkit extension Post Block.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

JT Jag posted:

What the gently caress did Eridan do to deserve that

He killed two people (one got better).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Gamzee did nothing wrong

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobulus posted:

I'm... really surprised we're skipping right to here. We're not going to see any of the jailbreak or alternate Roxy's death or anything? Bah.

good. goooood.

the plot is on the move... . . .

(maybe. hopefully.)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just out of curiosity, how many times longer than Problem Sleuth is Homestuck so far?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many times longer than Problem Sleuth is Homestuck so far?

For all your Homestuck counting needs. As of today, Problem Sleuth is 14% of Homestuck in length.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

Hasn't he got a split-personality? I guess he could just be a murderous psycho, but that's still pretty nuts imo. He was making out with corpses too. He does a lot of things that seem pretty crazy even if that's how a highblood is "supposed" to act.

Edit: Haha, you guys weren't kidding:

"i really want gamzee to loving burst outta there and kill everyone thats the only way any of this will feel right"

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 27, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It's hard to tell how much of Gamzee's personality is the result of drugs, drug abstinence, natural highblooded violence (whose existence is debatable given Beforus) and Lil' Cal's influence.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SA2K posted:

Gamzee did nothing wrong

Pretty sure he did all things wrong. Gamzee is the wrong singularity.

I still like the theory that gamzee's other bisected half would be combined with calliope and nepeta sprite to make something?Is there any jujus with outstanding origins? I also saw one of these theories include Roxy in the combo, but I have no idea why. (I guess as an opposite to AR?)

It certainly seems weird for only half of his body to be sucked in. That seems like some chekov's dead half body poo poo. Maybe it's just an explanation for his "split" personality? :haw:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Lady French or Lady America, do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

That seems like some chekov's dead half body poo poo.
If there is a dead half body on the mantelpiece in the first act, all the characters will be wearing N95 face masks in the third act.