Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my taint is protected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

It's almost as if Nintendo systems are automatically better when they have support from a wide array of second and third party developers that turn out games on a regular basis.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I finally managed to get a real Streetpass while I was a few towns over running an errand. It was only Etrian Odyssey IV and nothing else.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I got an Etrian Odyssey Untold street pass once from Chibi, whose greeting was, "Bara Yaoi Fan". Their guild hall was named "Bara Yaoi".

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yaoi wowie

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

yaoi wowie

WAMPA STOMPA

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The 3D was kind of cool on the old 3DS but a little awkward to use. On the New 3DS it rules and looks and works great.

Yeah, the New is a worthy upgrade just for the head tracking 3D.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's the best system on the market and I am proud to own one. I just won't take it out in public.

It's the best system on the market and I am proud to own one and if anyone has a problem with me playing with it in public they can go gently caress themselves.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 27, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
New 3ds XL would have been better though with a full on second stick and a vita sized screen.

Like that's the only fault against the system. Nintendo insists on sticking with crappy screens.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

My only complaint about the New 3DS is I hate where the stylus is located.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

notthegoatseguy posted:

My only complaint about the New 3DS is I hate where the stylus is located.

Glue it to the top of the 3DS

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh finally get to say this:

"Taint Reaped again"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Wii-U has only Monster Hunter 3 and a port of a Zelda game I already own in it's original format. I've still got under 20 Wii-U games or something and I've got all the worthwhile exclusives.

Yeah I want one for Bayonetta 2 and that's about it. Maybe that'll change, maybe not, but either way I'm sure Bayonetta 2 will be good as hell in a few years when I can get a Wii U for $100

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

littleorv posted:

Oh finally get to say this:

"Taint Reaped again"

You can talk to someone without freaking out because they have weird opinions and phrase them in an abrasive manner

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would you though?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

epitasis posted:

why would you though?

Talk to someone, or freak out?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

epitasis posted:

why would you though?

Too many JRPGs coming out this year and next that all your money is gone. So no room left for a Wii-U

Namco may actually package all the DLC with the US release of Tales of Zesteria because of japanese backlash.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 27, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
whoops double post

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Bravely default has a genuinely beautiful art style but as soon as the first battle started I turned it off, thats some 20 year old bs I don't need another second of.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Bravely default has a genuinely beautiful art style but as soon as the first battle started I turned it off, thats some 20 year old bs I don't need another second of.

???

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What.

Like, did you not know it was a turn based RPG or did you not even let it explain its turn system?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What encouraged you to buy it if you weren't aware of its take on the classic turn-based system?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Why did you even bother touching BD then, its entire appeal is playing like a SNES FF game with added mechanics.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I'm sure this get asked all the time, but this time I'm interrupting a taint reaping so it's useful:

If I get this Micro SD card it will work with the New 3DS XL right? Guess I should practice my screwing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The magic of standards means you can use any MicroSD card with the Nu3DS. I sure wish that had been a thing on the Vita.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-nm_xKV5ZM

Oh, hello there, gorgeous :pervert:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You bought a final fantasy game and didn't even know it? Was this a completely blind purchase?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I bought this Harvest Moon game and I was loving it until they expected me to run a farm, what the gently caress is this BULLSHIT

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it's pretty dumb to buy a game as bad as bravely default

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Feel free to sell to me at a discounted price tia.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

People like you are why Final Fantasy can't have a normal battle system anymore.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please, please, please tell me you bought this solely on goon reaction (which has honestly been equal parts "it is good" and "it is poo poo") and did absolutely no research at all. :allears:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

There is a demo for Bravely Default on the e shop. Always research your game purchases beforehand, friends.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Color Printer posted:

Please, please, please tell me you bought this solely on goon reaction (which has honestly been equal parts "it is good" and "it is poo poo") and did absolutely no research at all. :allears:

That and metacritic :negative:

Well, I sure learned my lesson.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That and metacritic :negative:

Well, I sure learned my lesson.

Which lesson that is remains to be seen.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

People like you are why Final Fantasy can't have a normal battle system anymore.

Lightning Returns and XIII have some of the best battle systems in the series though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Lightning Returns and XIII have some of the best battle systems in the series though

I got through the entirety of FFXIII by just pressing auto at the start of every battle.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Which lesson that is remains to be seen.

Looking up a game's genre before buying it is a good lesson to learn, imo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You can't understand how disappointed I was in Senran Kagura when I found out it wasn't a realistic F1 racing sim.

The titties helped though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The zombie streetpass game is better than I thought it would be, but the biggest flaw is that you'll only ever use the wii remote weapon because everyone is only going to make Video Games their hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

To be fair I think you could see a game described as a fun throwback to older final fantasies and also think it might not slavishly replicate an outdated battle system.