Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Well this thread has been talking about the death of that guy in police custody ever since it happened, so for someone who is oh-so-concerned about it, funny your first post was

How can blacks protest the killing of a black man when other blacks too have killed black men :chord::fh:

I dont have much respect for the viewpoints of the violent gangs of baltimore no. So Im still not sure of where I should be ashamed of my comment? Looting hasnt changed any viewpoints of how badly BPD has messed up, and added to its troubled history.

I honestly geniunely feel bad for the people out there who message is being lost in all this. But I think it is in the realm of possibility to be upset about multiple things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kanish posted:

I dont have much respect for the viewpoints of the violent gangs of baltimore no. So Im still not sure of where I should be ashamed of my comment. Looting hasnt changed any viewpoints of how badly BPD has messed up this and adding to its troubled history.

I honestly geniunely feel bad for the people out there who message is being lost in all this. But I am allowed to be upset about multiple things.

Haven't you been reading this thread, you absolutely are not allowed!

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i'm more concerned with the lives and bodily integrity of american citizens than i am with the balance sheet at the wawa, agree or disagree?

e: black american citizens, in case that will change your answer

Why black citizens, specifically?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

pacmania90 posted:

Why black citizens, specifically?

they're the ones getting murdered by police constantly

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kanish posted:

But I am allowed to be upset about multiple things.

But you're not upset about multiple things. You are upset about one thing, the one thing you choose to post about.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kanish posted:

I dont have much respect for the viewpoints of the violent gangs of baltimore no. So Im still not sure of where I should be ashamed of my comment. Looting hasnt changed any viewpoints of how badly BPD has messed up this and adding to its troubled history.

I honestly geniunely feel bad for the people out there who message is being lost in all this. But I am allowed to be upset about multiple things.

ok

so now that we've established that - why are people very concerned with images of black people committing crimes within the larger context of black people protesting against crimes committed against them? why do some people choose to focus on looters and other people committing property crimes, when the greater message is that the police regularly harm citizens? what purpose does it serve for people to vocally stand up and say that they decry, from the bottom of their heart, these heinous acts (of looting). isn't that a little suspicious?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

ok

so now that we've established that - why are people very concerned with images of black people committing crimes within the larger context of black people protesting against crimes committed against them? why do some people choose to focus on looters and other people committing property crimes, when the greater message is that the police regularly harm citizens? what purpose does it serve for people to vocally stand up and say that they decry, from the bottom of their heart, these heinous acts (of looting). isn't that a little suspicious?

Do you think this is an illuminati conspiracy to keep the black man down or do you just not realize that violence sells?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Sorus posted:

The only concern anyone should actually have with regard to any riot is if people were hurt; property and possessions don't mean poo poo.
I've never actually heard a poor person say this.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

But you're not upset about multiple things. You are upset about one thing, the one thing you choose to post about.

You're upset about that poster. Why aren't you upset about police brutality?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Thats pretty presumptuous honestly. Not posting in a thread is not proof that I dont give a poo poo about this case.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
The reason why the nigpoor kid got shot doesn't matter, because insurance doesn't exist guys!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Kanish posted:

Thats pretty presumptuous honestly. Not posting in a thread is not proof that I dont give a poo poo about this case.

For every one post you make, anywhere on SA, you must also submit a post about your outrage over police brutality. Them's the rules.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I do love when these things happen how it brings out the whiteys on Twitter saying they would totally be fighting back with an AR-15 as if they wouldn't get loving murdered in seconds.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

pacmania90 posted:

You're upset about that poster. Why aren't you upset about police brutality?

Holy poo poo, it's the dumbest post ever.

Because obviously arguing with that poster over the importance of police brutality isn't any indication that I place importance on police brutality right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this thread is going on time-out until you can all stop posting about posting, i will reopen it in a bit when hopefully you can talk about something other than posting and other posters

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Dead Reckoning posted:

I've never actually heard a poor person say this.

Well, you just did.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
Are there even any non-rioter protesters out there at this point? I haven't seen any at all.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

semper wifi posted:

Are there even any non-rioter protesters out there at this point? I haven't seen any at all.

I'm seeing them on the Baltimore Sun homepage, where are you looking?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Radbot posted:

I'm seeing them on the Baltimore Sun homepage, where are you looking?

Fox News probably

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

semper wifi posted:

Nonviolent protestors are boring, just sitting around with signs maybe chanting. Now rioters, that's where the ratings are!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
yeah, complaining about how violent the protests are is about as telling as complaining about getting nothing but gay dating websites in your google ads

you find what you look for, and if you want to see violent riots...

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's hoping those violent, out of control thugs are brought under control before anyone else is harmed. The systemic violation of the rights of Americans must end before the police embroil this country in even more disorder and violence.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zeno-25 posted:

Here's hoping those violent thugs are brought to brought under control before anyone else is harmed.

i dont think so, last i heard the governor was asking for more of them to be brought in

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Sorus posted:

Well, you just did.

Sorry, we're going to need you to post your financials so we can decide if you can speak as a poor person, or if you don't know what real poverty is.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i care more about police killing unarmed black men then private property, who's team am i on

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like we need more of this.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Dead Reckoning posted:

Sorry, we're going to need you to post your financials so we can decide if you can speak as a poor person, or if you don't know what real poverty is.

... are you serious? I will, but it is embarrassing as hell.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sorus posted:

... are you serious? I will, but it is embarrassing as hell.

WHy don't you just go ahead and post your social security number too, nothing wrong with that plan

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/shomaristone/status/592872463610073088

I could watch this guy protest all day every day.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Nah, I get it. It's cool to make fun of people who have to figure out if they can afford more than one meal today.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

L-Boned posted:

i disagree

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Sorus posted:

Nah, I get it. It's cool to make fun of people who have to figure out if they can afford more than one meal today.

sell your computer seriouspost

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We need some sort of term to describe vicarious identification with and glorification of destructive rioting and looting in the bigoted belief that a handful of idiots throwing bricks through windows is a more "authentic" expression of black feeling than non-violent protest.

I suggest PTD Syndrome.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

L-Boned posted:

Yes we need more killing of unarmed people, which is the exact thing that is causing people to protest and/or riot in the first place.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Why wasn't ghandi naked if he was so selfless huh

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

The Insect Court posted:

We need some sort of term to describe vicarious identification with and glorification of destructive rioting and looting in the bigoted belief that a handful of idiots throwing bricks through windows is a more "authentic" expression of black feeling than non-violent protest.

I suggest PTD Syndrome.

are you a white person? serious question

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Your Weird Uncle posted:

Good job biting on an Insect Court post.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Your Weird Uncle posted:

OK, everyone post your race, gender, adjusted gross income, professional credentials, and a summary of various volunteer work & charitable donations. We need to establish who is allowed to have what opinions.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

cravius posted:

Good job biting on an Insect Court post.

oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Dead Reckoning posted:

OK, everyone post your race, gender, adjusted gross income, professional credentials, and a summary of various volunteer work & charitable donations. We need to establish who is allowed to have what opinions.

if you are a white person of upper middle class or better your opinion is less valid

• Locked thread