Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I want a sphynx so badly you have no idea :3: A neighbor has one, I think I've mentioned her in this thread before; she likes to sit in the window and watch the kids play on the playground. When they notice her it's kinda equal parts ":haw: That cat has no fur!" "and ":stonk: Mommy whats wrong with that kitty?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
:siren: 70 full episodes of The Joy Of Painting are on the official Bob Ross youtube channel :siren:

somebody make a :siren: that's actually Bob Ross's 'fro flashing red and blue tia

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Minarch posted:

:siren: 70 full episodes of The Joy Of Painting are on the official Bob Ross youtube channel :siren:

somebody make a :siren: that's actually Bob Ross's 'fro flashing red and blue tia

Jesus Brush Slapping Christ.

I think I might cry.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Minarch posted:

I might have to break out my drinking game...

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

"You have the nicest back yard playground how many kids did you say you have?"
http://i.imgur.com/hlLwqOR.webm

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
No matter how many times I see that gif, my reaction is always :magical:. It's like that other one of the tiger exploding out of the grass and attacking a mahout riding his elephant.

But this dog, mang. It's cute.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's a Capybus. :allears:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Bumblefuck! posted:

Here's Baxter and Barney, not completely understanding the point of a bed

Oh, that reminds me of when we got our resident spazmaster at a local shelter last year; one of the other cats we were looking at was in another small room in the cat wing. He and another male cat were rooming together. We went in...no cats in evidence. The rooms are non-uniformly shaped (ostensibly so the cats have places to hide/hang out/generally not feel institutionalized) so we poked around a bit...still no cats.

Looked at the cat bed in a cat tower kinda deal. Peeked under said cat bed. Cat-of-interest was hidden there, completely intertwined with Roomie Cat, both snoozing like nobody's business :kimchi:

Once we'd disturbed them, I just had to go ahead and pet Cat-of-interest a bit - he was a mature medium-haired tabby of some kind, just real gorgeous fur. Almost immediately, he held my hand down with a big ol' paw and started licking the dickens out of it :3:

I'm super glad we ended up with our little gray-and-white ball of terror instead, for various reasons, but darn if that "hi! please hold, I must clean you" wasn't a great opener. (Note: we'd made use of widely-available hand sanitizer before entering the room, so presumably we didn't smell a ton like other cats. Maybe he just liked hand sanitizer?)

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Minarch posted:

Hello nighttime stress reduction viewing! Can't imagine anything I'd rather fall asleep to. And then watch again while I'm awake to enjoy it. I took a Bob Ross course once with a guy who knew him well and he said the guy you see in the program is pretty much exactly like the guy was in real life. Love him so much :3:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a Capybus. :allears:

"Ehhhh, it's a living." *Flintstones laugh track*

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Bumblefuck! posted:

Frankie was a little chilly today, so they gave her a sweater. She was less than enthused, at first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTBpzUgLHUU

Not necessarily, unfortunately. The actual stuff to which people are usually allergic is a protein found in the bodily oils and such, so it's no guarantee that a sphynx cat won't mess you up. Which is a shame, because people sometimes get sphynxes, thinking they won't have any allergy problems, only to end up having to give them away when they do.

rapid fire nyarm, it's too much

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Bumblefuck! posted:

Rex is a very serious cat

Rex has seen some poo poo. If I went to this shelter, I'd get Rex. He'd tell me stories of his youth, fighting at the Somme.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Bumblefuck! posted:

Frankie was a little chilly today, so they gave her a sweater. She was less than enthused, at first.

Not necessarily, unfortunately. The actual stuff to which people are usually allergic is a protein found in the bodily oils and such, so it's no guarantee that a sphynx cat won't mess you up. Which is a shame, because people sometimes get sphynxes, thinking they won't have any allergy problems, only to end up having to give them away when they do.

I love Frankie and would adopt her in a heartbeat if I could. I wish I was close enough to take her home with me. My grumpy old man cat needs a Frankie to make dumb noises with all day. :kimchi:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Do sphinxes not have whiskers? If so, how do they know what's going on and whether or not they will fit through the cat door?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They bash their face into things a lot

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

goatface posted:

They bash their face into things a lot

:3: I can't even :3:

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Can I get pictures of cute couples?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

JonBolds posted:

:3: I can't even :3:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

"Dr. Dogs" in India helping kids with mental and emotional difficulties. Good boys.

http://www.thebetterindia.com/22450/dr-ruffles-has-that-healing-touch-dr-dog-autistic-children/

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
Frankie is just the best little grunty thing ever, team Frankie for ever :allears:

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Bumblefuck! posted:

I want to adopt this cat so bad!

If anything, please get this cat to start a youtube channel so I can watch her make noises and be in sweaters!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pander posted:

"Dr. Dogs" in India helping kids with mental and emotional difficulties. Good boys.

http://www.thebetterindia.com/22450/dr-ruffles-has-that-healing-touch-dr-dog-autistic-children/

I love every bit of this, except that they didn't go with the obvious portmanteau 'Dogter'.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Norse Code posted:

I want to adopt this cat so bad!

If anything, please get this cat to start a youtube channel so I can watch her make noises and be in sweaters!

I'm going to be in washington in a couple months and I'll be like 40 minutes from kirkland. I've also been thinking of getting a cat. I may do the needful.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
I'm going to share a story of how my childhood dog died. This is not a sad story, and I don't have pictures yet but I will as soon as my sister gets them to me. This is the story of a dog so baller that I'm flabbergasted. When I was little we got a rat terrier that wound up being named Spunky after the dog from Rocko's Modern Life, due to the resemblance. This is a dog that has been mangled by other dogs and hit by cars, but every time was remarkably fine. She was 16 when she died. She was blind in both eyes and mostly deaf, but super loving happy all the time and just loved everyone, unless they tried to stop her from stealing raw eggs from the chickens, because she'd do that for some reason. She died because one night, on my mom's farm, she heard the other dogs scuffling with some coyotes, got outside, and got herself killed in the process. This is not a dog that died a sad death. This is a dog that decided gently caress it, I'm going out like a Viking, and made her end run amazing.

...also, pictures of adorable rat terriers would be appreciated.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Random Number posted:

I'm going to be in washington in a couple months and I'll be like 40 minutes from kirkland. I've also been thinking of getting a cat. I may do the needful.

You realize if you do, this thread will demand neverending Frankie videos, right? In other words, DO IT.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Caedus posted:

You realize if you do, this thread will demand neverending Frankie videos, right? In other words, DO IT.

And then take him to Hollywood for the terrible music puns.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bumblefuck! posted:

Hey some folks are curious, where's this shelter anyway?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Late for babby pics, but here's one of my cousins and I (My cousins were two and I think I was three. This was in 1997.)

I'm the one in the back.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Hey some folks are curious, where's this shelter anyway?

It's a tiny little place in Kirkland, WA, called MEOW (Mercer Island/Eastside Orphans and Waifs)(bit of an acronymous reach, really)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cool, is this the site for it? http://www.meowcatrescue.org/adopt/available-cats/

Hey Frankie's not on there! Is she being rehabbed or something? That'd explain it, I was concerned that such a personality hasnt been adopted.

Synthbuttrange has a new favorite as of 06:37 on Apr 29, 2015

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

That's the one! Frankie's a recent arrival, so they're just keeping an eye on her to make sure she's nice and healthy before they put her out there. I'm sure she'll get snapped up pretty quickly, but until she does, I'll keep posting videos!

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
If a goon ends up adopting Frankie please spam this thread with pics, tia.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Nightmare Zone posted:

If a goon ends up adopting Frankie please spam this thread with pics, tia.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
20 photos of happy dogs being best buddies. Extremely pro click, many of these are among the cutest dog pictures I've seen in ages.

http://www.boredpanda.com/dog-best-friends/

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Nordick posted:

20 photos of happy dogs being best buddies. Extremely pro click, many of these are among the cutest dog pictures I've seen in ages.

The first 20 were amazing enough, but be sure you scroll down to "show 148 more" :eyepop:

Edit: And more keep being added!

Urdnot Fire has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Apr 29, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Nordick posted:

Seriously pro click. I've got enough good feels karma to last me the rest of the week off of this one.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Croisquessein posted:

Hello nighttime stress reduction viewing! Can't imagine anything I'd rather fall asleep to. And then watch again while I'm awake to enjoy it. I took a Bob Ross course once with a guy who knew him well and he said the guy you see in the program is pretty much exactly like the guy was in real life. Love him so much :3:

Couldn't agree more with this :) I had a few old episodes I recorded on VHS a long time ago, and would search around various video sites to find Bob's stuff when it got more scarce on TV. Whenever I have trouble sleeping, Bob's the go-to guy that sends me off to dream land :3:

Also for anyone who hasn't seen the Frankie vids yet - WATCH THEM. Preferably with headphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Urdnot Fire posted:

but be sure you scroll down to "show 148 more" :eyepop:
Holy crap I didn't even notice that. :staredog:

*clicks*

Oh my goooddd :neckbeard:

• Locked thread