Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
He's obviously talking about Dom Dimelo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone who doesn't also listen to Superego that if you're a Dimello fan, you must listen to Season 4, Episode 2 in which Dimello takes over as a substitute for an elementary school classroom. It goes about how you'd expect.

Dimello: "I understand she told me you guys were working on the recorder."
Kid 1: "Yeah, we were working on fingerings for middle C."
Kid 2: "We're learning Hot Crossed Buns."
Dimello: "Yeah, yeah. I know a couple of things about buns. And fingeringgg."

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 23, 2015

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone who doesn't also listen to Superego that if you're a Dimello fan, you must listen to Season 4, Episode 2 in which Dimello takes over as a substitute for an elementary school classroom. It goes about how you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSbfCwWDrTc

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

He's obviously talking about Dom Dimelo.

Actually he's talking about the time Woody Allen showed up to do his Entourage impressions.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Actually he's talking about the time Woody Allen showed up to do his Entourage impressions.

Average age of the of the Murphy Group? 13

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I normally find the show great but this bonus ep is not doing it for me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The two episodes this week are probably the only ones I've never finished :(

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
There've been a lot of lame plug themes lately, so let's all take a minute to remember the best:

"Dickey Weaselbottom's Plugtime Rag"
https://soundcloud.com/strangefellowmusic/dickey-weaselbottoms-plugtime

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I enjoyed Kevin Pollack talking about what a huge fan of the show he was and how sad he is that he didn't get to play that classic game, "Which would you rather".

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Analytic Engine posted:

There've been a lot of lame plug themes lately, so let's all take a minute to remember the best:

You're forgetting this one.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Scott improvising the titular Foley Slumber Party is the hardest I've laughed at CBB in a good while, great ep. C+

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Fawf posted:

Scott improvising the titular Foley Slumber Party is the hardest I've laughed at CBB in a good while, great ep. C+

Sir! Have you been drinking???

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

feedmyleg posted:

Dimello: "I understand she told me you guys were working on the recorder."
Kid 1: "Yeah, we were working on fingerings for middle C."
Kid 2: "We're learning Hot Crossed Buns."
Dimello: "Yeah, yeah. I know a couple of things about buns. And fingeringgg."

The best bit is that Daly is about an inch away from breaking as he says that.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Fawf posted:

Yeah it was a really great ep and I'm glad we got a bonus to make up for Monday.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Ya'll hear them sireens?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Cameron was amazing. Frictionless yes-and.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Gentlemen we gain nothing by losing our heads,

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

I don't find Cameron Esposito funny. I appreciated her attempts to improvise and that she didn't exclusively make lesbian jokes this time, as I have heard her do on so many podcasts. But I wish she hadn't been in the room.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Wax Lion posted:

I don't find Cameron Esposito funny. I appreciated her attempts to improvise and that she didn't exclusively make lesbian jokes this time, as I have heard her do on so many podcasts. But I wish she hadn't been in the room.

I used to think she was one-note, but I've warmed up to her

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Ironically, I think she's one of the better recurring 'straight men' for the characters to play off of. She's not Ben Schwartz or Jason Mantzoukas, but I always enjoy what she brings to a show.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
imo she's really quick and funny and smart and pretty great

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Periodiko posted:

imo she's really quick and funny and smart and pretty great

I also have this opinion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sponteneanation is better than this show now

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If some listeners had their way CBB would literally be a rotating cast of about 4 people.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

soggybagel posted:

If some listeners had their way CBB would literally be a rotating cast of about 4 people.

And they would all be PFT characters.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Not me though, mine would just be tears for fears, the sheriff of nottingham, and some other thing

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could go for a proper send-off of Huel Howser. His last appearance felt like it was done too soon for James's taste.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

mr.capps posted:

And they would all be PFT characters.

Or at least all white dudes. I'd have thought Lauren Lapkus might get a pass, but no, we've been getting weekly posts about how she's not funny of late.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lauren Lapkus owns but I think her podcast would be better without the Traci Reardon segment

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I think for almost all of her episodes the only part worth listening to are the Reardon segments. The ratio of c+ episodes to duds is not great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Matt Gourley rules.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Cameron was great, but she wasn't quite meshing with Paul and Scott all of the time. She had fantastic yes and-ing, but it seemed like 50% of the time she either got steamrolled over by P&S or was taking the scene a slightly different direction than they were looking to. Overall it worked, but there just seemed to be a bit of whiplash going on - kind of reminds me of when Todd Glass is on. Maybe it's just a standup vs. improviser/writer thing.

I'm also a little disappointed that they did nothing with the fact that she was a superhero's ward. I thought this was going to be all about her having become his Robin.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 28, 2015

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

Matt Gourley rules.

He's a treasure

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Cameron is an improviser turned stand-up and that's probably why she rules at CBB.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Teenage Fansub posted:

Matt Gourley rules.

My favorite part was when he called back he and PFT's episode of IWTT.

"Gentlemen, we gain nothing by losing our heads!"
"That sounds stupid"

I've never listened to Superego, but I'm going to get on that now.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Slackerish posted:

Lucky bastard getting to enjoy Superego for the first time.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Slackerish posted:

see you in a week

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

soggybagel posted:

Yeah and I have that podcast now and it's called Womp It Up.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

Maduo posted:

Yeah and I have that podcast now and it's called Womp It Up.

Speaking of, it's going to be weekly right? The first one went up on a Monday, was that just a one time thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zochness posted:

Speaking of, it's going to be weekly right? The first one went up on a Monday, was that just a one time thing?

Its every other week