Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

i completely understand that, i was just referring to the whole atmosphere of the fight. Chasing a madman around a fog-laden library in a nightmare while he hoots and hollers about eyes in his brain was very spooky and cool, to me

his line when you beat him is spooky as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Micolash also has cool spooky music.

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

has anyone beat all the chalice dungeons yet. is it worth going through all of them. as in , is tere even a single thing in the later ones that i wont see in the main game, like a hidden superboss, or a chalice dungeon only weapon or something. i got an "uncanny saw cleaver" from one of my root chalices but the only thing different is the gem slots

beast claws are a weapon you can only get in a chalice dungeon and they own

uncanny/lost versions of weapons are in there too but they're only gem slot swaps like you've figured

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
dark beast paarl is wrecking my poo poo, and i'm loving every minute of it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
its late and im mad at sports. should i play blood borne or should i continue to watch wrestling and shitpost

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

has anyone beat all the chalice dungeons yet. is it worth going through all of them. as in , is tere even a single thing in the later ones that i wont see in the main game, like a hidden superboss, or a chalice dungeon only weapon or something. i got an "uncanny saw cleaver" from one of my root chalices but the only thing different is the gem slots

there a cool boss you can only see at the very end of the pthumeru chalice dungeon lines. the ver y last one.

theres also the beast claws in layer 2 of ailing loran chalice which are cool because they turn your hands into werewolf hands and scream every time you transform them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the boss after that is no joke though.

word

one of the most rewarding feelings in gaming taking that bitch down. wife was like 'woha settle down tiger god drat'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

word

one of the most rewarding feelings in gaming taking that bitch down. wife was like 'woha settle down tiger god drat'

I tried a few times last night. I think I've gotten the patterns but she has a ton of health and basically every move one shots me so it's going to be a tough one. Can you actually stun the boss? Neither a fully charged R2 on the head or a cannon shot to the face did anything

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I tried a few times last night. I think I've gotten the patterns but she has a ton of health and basically every move one shots me so it's going to be a tough one. Can you actually stun the boss? Neither a fully charged R2 on the head or a cannon shot to the face did anything

You can get a visceral after enough dmg to the head, so try to bait that headbutt. She shakes her head before the charge iirc, so watch out for that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea, ^^^^^ is right, the best strategy i found was to stand at middle range (any range where backstep can get you out of her arm swing) and eventually she will head slam.

i was level 87 and it took two full charged R2s to force the visceral, which you can only do by getting two seperate head slams. honestly, i don't recommend using lock on for the fight. take her down to half health, then use beast powder + cannon to bring her down to 25 percent.

if she uses arcane missles you can literally just keep walking in one direction and you will take 0 damage, don't dodge out of them. god speed, she is a monster

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

hubris.height posted:

word

I jumped up and roared as my wife came home from work, that was fun since she watched me wipe constantly for like 3 days straight.

Ebrietas is soooo hard with BoM, but like, in a realistic "you're going to fight that with those?" kind of way.
I exploited the fact that you can quick step through her into a blind spot, her only option is to back up or once you've got her in a corner magic. Then it was just a matter of spamming r1 and praying she didn't get to cast a call beyond.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you think Ebrietas is hard, try fighting her in the Isz chalice dungeon. I have yet to beat her. She's a goddamn nightmare.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

seiferguy posted:

If you think Ebrietas is hard, try fighting her in the Isz chalice dungeon. I have yet to beat her. She's a goddamn nightmare.

Yeah, I've tried my hand at it on a 30/30 Cannon/Ludwig. She swooped and then charged and it was the most salty I've ever been.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just started the chalice dungeon stuff so I look forward to fighting her harder form

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

there a cool boss you can only see at the very end of the pthumeru chalice dungeon lines. the ver y last one.

theres also the beast claws in layer 2 of ailing loran chalice which are cool because they turn your hands into werewolf hands and scream every time you transform them

cool.. ill do all of them then. although for now im playing a new character so i can use skill weapons

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i dont want to kill eileen. holy poo poo she is tough though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i did it and im not happy about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can get her down to about 25%, but will she do the flop at that stage? haven't seen it yet, I'll save cannon shots for that point maybe

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

i dont want to kill eileen. holy poo poo she is tough though

probably still less of a pain than fighting the guy in her questline for real instead of cheesing him with the chikage thing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I can get her down to about 25%, but will she do the flop at that stage? haven't seen it yet, I'll save cannon shots for that point maybe

daughter of cosmos? yes, but its not as useful then because she is faster and its so much more rare because she has so many other moves

i got her to 25% with the canon blasts at 50% and then she started charging a move, missed, and i was able to chump it out on her sides before she took another swing at me

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Ebrietas is a chump. Just stay the gently caress away from her and wait for an opening. When she shoots her magic missiles just delock and run like hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

Ebrietas is a chump. Just stay the gently caress away from her and wait for an opening. When she shoots her magic missiles just delock and run like hell.

The hard part for is figuring out how to avoid the dash, because half the time I dodge it and half the time it hits me

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

cool.. ill do all of them then. although for now im playing a new character so i can use skill weapons

i forgot. you can get armor from the insight shop messengers by beating boss in 2nd layer of first pthumeru chalice and 2nd layer of lower hintertomb. the second armor is pretty cool looking i think

i have a really easy time fighting ebrietes by never locking on and just staying on her side and hitting the r1 button. the only real edanger is lasers

Dec 26, 2012

you can also buy at least one set of armor from the normal shop after doing chalice stuff

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

i forgot. you can get armor from the insight shop messengers by beating boss in 2nd layer of first pthumeru chalice and 2nd layer of lower hintertomb. the second armor is pretty cool looking i think

i have a really easy time fighting ebrietes by never locking on and just staying on her side and hitting the r1 button. the only real edanger is lasers

Her backup reposition, swoop and charge can all hit you from either side of her. She also has that side swipe, and that turns her sideways so you can end up in a loop of constantly dodging swipes.

A lot of the bosses AI tends to regress when you don't give them any breathing room/stand on their toes; fighting them with BoM reveals things like MWN never using it's second form or teleporting or Logarious never using magic.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lol at the celestial emissary "fight"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
and then lol at how fast ebrietas wrecked my poo poo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
wow ebrietas is REALLY not screwing around

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The OST for this game is sooo good, I find myself listening to it on repeat at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWpYGuqsHI

This is definitely one of the best last boss song's ever.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Right now I have extremely high strength. Should I continue with my Ludwigs, which I love, or should I give the wheel a shot

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

SleepySonata posted:

Her backup reposition, swoop and charge can all hit you from either side of her. She also has that side swipe, and that turns her sideways so you can end up in a loop of constantly dodging swipes.

A lot of the bosses AI tends to regress when you don't give them any breathing room/stand on their toes; fighting them with BoM reveals things like MWN never using it's second form or teleporting or Logarious never using magic.

the side swipes are ok because if you just get hit with one its easy to rally back the damage as long as you roll through the second one, if there is one. if you roll through sideswipe theres enough time to hit her before she does it again, and maybe stagger her. i've never had her charge while i've been on her side but the headslam is a problem

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Right now I have extremely high strength. Should I continue with my Ludwigs, which I love, or should I give the wheel a shot

If you're going for pure strength I would try out the cockhammer.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it's possible to get behind ebrietas's arms in a way that when she tries to sideswipe you she actually pushes you behind her. i thought the fight was okay aside from that charge which hit loving everything

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

The OST for this game is sooo good, I find myself listening to it on repeat at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWpYGuqsHI

This is definitely one of the best last boss song's ever.

the father gascoigne boss music is maybe the best video game music ever it sounds perfect for the fight, especially the second half of it that starts in when he transforms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

the side swipes are ok because if you just get hit with one its easy to rally back the damage as long as you roll through the second one, if there is one. if you roll through sideswipe theres enough time to hit her before she does it again, and maybe stagger her. i've never had her charge while i've been on her side but the headslam is a problem

You can be *inside* her model which, while convenient for avoiding slaps, leaves you open to weird poo poo like; out of the blue charges, getting hit with blood from nowhere, and my fave- unavoidable headslams.

I didn't fight her... proper? you're generally assumed to be a certain distance from the boss and she tries her hardest to stay facing you. If you do what I did and try your damnedest to gently caress that up she becomes difficult in weird ways. Not a hard fight but one that's made difficult for this one weapon because of it's size relative to the boss, like the two of them weren't designed to ever meet one another. You're meant to dodge and attack and use aggression to create openings but all of this wonks the camera, then the proximity causes things like dodge stepping into her model, and odd locational damage. like each leg section, her wings, head, and each dinky little arm are all damageable and will cause her to stagger. Being inside her lets you hit multiple sections at once and stagger her in ways I don't think intended. I was able to burst her down in about 4 stamina bars worth of r1 spam with BoM. While she was staggered I would recover stamina burn another bar and damage another section essentially stunlocking her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

I am at wheel +10 and 50 STR and with my blood gems my listed damage is over 600, but it is quite slow and will be a challenge to get used to if your first goal with it is going to be beating erbietas.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i beat the last boss last night. what a weird ending lol. kinda wish i'd gone and got the one tool i was missing before that, but i think i might be able to jive with new game + for the souls to finish getting every weapon.

alternatively: might just roll a new character. means unlocking everything again tho ughh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

playing the game again with a new build is fun. im saving NG+ for my third run where I see how quickly I can finish only the necessary bosses (more now that they fixed the forbidden woods jump)

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How are you suppose to play chalice dungeons? Are you suppose to do every single one, layer by layer, going to all the detour rooms, getting the collectables? I'm at the sinister pthumuru labryinth and I don't think I can do this poo poo anymore. I just wanted to encounter unique and challenging enemies and bosses that weren't in the main game.

edit: Like which one's am I "supposed" to do and which ones are pointless and I can skip? I heard there is a badass secret boss at the very end?

Ausmund fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ausmund posted:

How are you suppose to play chalice dungeons? Are you suppose to do every single one, layer by layer, going to all the detour rooms, getting the collectables? I'm at the sinister pthumuru labryinth and I don't think I can do this poo poo anymore. I just wanted to encounter unique and challenging enemies and bosses that weren't in the main game.

edit: Like which one's am I "supposed" to do and which ones are pointless and I can skip? I heard there is a badass secret boss at the very end?

u can just run to the bosses if thats all your interested in dude... its your party